Author Topic: CBS let us Vote again!!  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Will4Pres

• RFF Full Member
  • I Thought There Was No Chill Town
CBS let us Vote again!!
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:47:22 AM »
I know a lot of you don't know this, but in S1 it was the viewers that got to vote somebody out
The HOH put 2 ppl up and it was us who decided who stayed and who went
I think that they should bring that back,
Getting the fans more involved would be so awsome,
plus the 50 cents per text msg would make the show a pile of cash and keep the interest of the viewers all the way through to the finale

I'm pretty sure they didn't do it after S1 b/c the viewers voted out some good people early on,  but i think we have learned from our mistakes and be given the POWER BACK

What do you all think???

mbkemp

Re: CBS let us Vote again!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:29:05 PM »

The HOH put 2 ppl up and it was us who decided who stayed and who went
What do you all think???

I don't think they had HOH in BB1. Each HG voted on who they wanted to "put up" on the block, the two with the most votes? or everyone that got a vote? went up to be voted out and then the viewers voted who left the house.

Offline Will4Pres

• RFF Full Member
  • I Thought There Was No Chill Town
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »
oh ya  i forgot   it's been sooo long

Thx for the reminder 

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
I liked it better that way.  I was more interested when we were able to vote out the HG.  Hopefully that will be one of the changes this year. :tup:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:31:59 AM »
Thanks for clarifying all that!  I watched only the last 2 or 3 eps of BB1 & wasn't really into it.  I knew the viewers voted out the HG tho & wished they had continued it. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »
Oh yea. I never watched the older seasons of big brother but I do recall something about the viewers voting people out. I thoght people said that didn't work out so well.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 11:55:14 AM »
People may not have liked how it turned out because there was some accusations of fraud by people in the towns of contestants.  They got organized quickly each week and would flood the lines for their contestant.  I would agree there may need to be some changes this year, maybe fan vote weighted with HG votes.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »
Less than a month away!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »
hopefully some of the names up for votes will leak out soon.

Offline Honey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:00:28 PM »
 :-\  If America got to vote people off than what would be the point to lie and cheat your competitors on the show?  We would be able to see both sides, we would know the truth and contests like Danielle, a great player, wouldn't of had a prayer.  I like it better where they vote themselves off, live.  You never know what the human factor is going to bring to the game.  Kaysar last year really biffed it!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »
I think one of the things that could make the show even more popular is to get the audience involved.  More that America's stupid choice.  Look how it works for Idol.  That should be a model they and all shows aspire to in terms of popularity.