Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479839 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Spoiler's for TAR10
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2006, 11:17:23 PM »
Is this (look under 4 June) the original, or was there something earlier?
The Fullers ferry, unless it's a charter, will only take people back to Auckland.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »
Thats the only post I saw from cantdecide Slowhatch regarding the  NZ sighting .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2006, 12:08:09 AM »
Oh Chateau !!!!!!!!!!  :yourock:

I finally nailed down The Pilot on the exact date of the SeaTac sighting. Here is the text of his e-mail:

"Saturday May 27th, we landed at 10:50a local time in SEA and dep at 3:08p lcl.
So that puts them in the South Satellite Terminal at SEA, and would have to be departing, because when you arrive into that term you go straight down to an underground train to the Main Terminal for luggage and ground trans. It's literally a satellite term with no way out but on an airplane. If I had to guess, I bet I noticed them last at about 1:30 in the term."

That should settle the start date. This loosens up the dates quite a bit and makes the 7 teams in Kuwait much more realistic.

He also mentions that Horizon flys to Victoria out of the same terminal.

link here

Okay, if there is a pit stop before Mongolia then the start date gets moved one day further back to Saturday May 27th.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:15:57 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »
Here's the South Satellite. Almost half the airlines use it just for arrivals, which should narrow it down a bit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2006, 02:58:24 AM »
Here is the list of Carriers out of the South Satellite from Slowhatch's link.

And a listing from Airwise of flights from SEA to Beijing.

So teams leaving from this terminal would have had to been going on either OZ 271 (Asiana) at 1:40 pm or Northwest 7 at 2:45 pm.

Well this is consistent with the pilot's estimate of 1:30 pm!

I would guess that some other teams were at a different terminal seeking the faster United flights out of SEA  ;D
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2006, 04:23:04 PM »
More Seattle info here

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:04 pm

TAR10 spotted at SEATAC May 27 - headed to Beijing
I rode on United's flight between Seattle and Tokyo with many of TAR10 teams Saturday May 27. The airport boarding area was 'buzzing' with couples dressed alike who were followed by camera crews. Each couple wore matching numbered tags on their backpacks and were dressed alike. The pair next to me (Team #1) pointed out the window at another plane, not yet departing, and kept asking the flight crew about our on-time departure and arrival status. They also inquired about Chinese currency exchange rates for their next destination in Beijing. I received the response, "we are filming a travel show," when I asked what was going on.

Teams were allowed priveliged secret early boarding, to allow camera crews to get more footage on the plane and to stow equipment. At least four teams were counted on the flight, possibly more. Everyone must have had a late night. The camera crew immediately in front of Team #1 passed out like professional airplane sleepers. Team #1 also snoozed soon after departing.

I recognize the two blonds in Blogger K The Kuwaiti's pictures but no sight of Team #1.

krw2006

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »
Thanks, Puddin. If everything checks out, then the best candidate would be UA 875 non-stop at 1:28 p.m. NWA 7 leaves about an hour later, and NWA 85 about an hour after that.
The south satellite is used by United for arrivals only; but then again, neither poster mentioned seeing all the teams.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:23:24 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2006, 11:10:46 PM »
I find it werid that the poster above did not describe Team #1  , anyone have an account over there and could maybe ask him what they looked like ? Could be they were one of the first eliminated teams ? or maybe just a team that k.kuwaiti did not see ..anyhoooooooo

The sightings dropped off after Kuwait , this worked last time .........
WHERE ARE YOU PHILLLLLLLLL ? ?  :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »
Word has it Charlie from Mongolia might be dropping by to answer some questions , I'm just not sure when ? So if you all could think up some questions then shoot them off !

One question I'd like to ask Charlie if he recognizes any of the teams from k.kuwaiti's album  , such as Lynn and Karlyn  ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thekuwaiti/sets/72157594160327811/

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2006, 06:39:21 AM »
OK, here's a summary of route spec so far. Looks like 2 NZ legs to me, the first one in Auckland/Devonport, and the 2nd in Queenstown. The flight to Singapore from Q-Town would have connected in Auckland. This is all clicking pretty smoothly thus far, although Delhi especially could just be a connection from somewhere else.

EP1:   Seattle, Washington (USA) to Beijing, China
DATES:   May 27-29, 2006
EV:   Teams spotted by pilot in Seattle airport
   Teams spotted on plane (blonde girls specifically)
TASKS:   UNKNOWN
TEAMS:   10 left after episode

EP2:   Beijing, China to Terelj, Mongolia
DATES:   May 30-31, 2006
EV:   Mongolian blogger’s sighting
TASKS:   Chojin Lama monastery
TEAMS:   9 left after episode

EP3:   Terelj, Mongolia to Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand
DATES:   June 1-2, 2006
EV:   Sighting at ferry
TEAMS:   8 left after episode

EP4:   Devonport/Auckland, New Zealand to Queenstown, New Zealand
DATES:   June 3-4, 2006
EV:   Rented field?
   Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TEAMS:   7 left after episode

EP5:   Queenstown, New Zealand to Singapore
DATES:   June 5-6, 2006
EV:   Teams spotted on flight from Queenstown to Auckland (en route to Singapore)
TEAMS:   6 left after episode

EP6:   Singapore to Delhi, India
DATES:   June 7-8, 2006
EV:   k.thekuwaiti’s speculation
TEAMS:   6 left after episode (NEL?)
   Teams ask k.thekuwaiti for money

EP7:   Delhi, India to Kuwait, Kuwait
DATES:   June 9-??, 2006
EV:   Teams spotted in airport
TASKS:   Drive to Kuwait Towers
TEAMS:   6 left at START of episode
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:23:59 AM by mwooden »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2006, 09:37:43 AM »
Oh I was hoping you would do this for us mwooden  :jumpy:

More sightings  ~
Izabela@MetForums:

My husband and I witnessed a DETOUR on June 12 while we were holidaying in Mauritius.
We went to the beach outside our hotel one morning and would you believe there's a clue box standing in the sand about 100m from where we were!
Anyway we watched the camera crew for an hour or so getting ready, testing the light and all that.
Finally the couples started showing up between 10-11am - the first two were very close to each other.
The detour involved kayaking out into the ocean. Not sure what they did out there but they were gone for about 1/2 an hour on average.
From memory the first team to arrive was all female, the 2nd a guy and girl - all quite young. They completed the task in that order but the leading team got about 5 minutes in between them. 
We counted 5 teams in total.
We have some camcorder footage we'll try and post something from it soon.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooops I just remembered they were both female not as I wrote before.
Yes Yes Yes
The black female team were in the top five but unfortunately last. 
We saw the Asian guy but he was off on the side drinking water and cooling down so we cannot actually remember if we saw him with his partner.
I have to say it gives you a totally new perspective on the race when you see how much the teams really interact and help each other

( in reply to the All-Female teams )
There were the two "good looking" girls that came in first and left first (obviously the winners of this leg) and then the black all female team. So we have two to pin our hopes on. 

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:19:16 AM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2006, 09:53:09 AM »
just posting the airline info from maritius airport website

Air Mauritius, Air Europe, Air France, Air Zimbabwe, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Condor, South African Airways and Emirates Airlines offer international flights to and from Mauritius.

and local

Air Mauritius and Catovair are the only airline to serve Rodrigues and normally operates two daily flights. During the peak season, up to five flights can be scheduled by Air Mauritius. Please check with Air Mauritius for further information.

Regional

Air Mauritius, Air Austral, Air Madagascar, Catovair and Air Seychelles serve the region of the Indian Ocean - Reunion, Seychelles, Madagascar and the Comoros.

timetable

arrives for monday
http://mauritius-airport.intnet.mu/schedules/sched_en/asfm.htm

airport website
http://mauritius-airport.intnet.mu/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2006, 10:07:23 AM »
I've also been putting all the info gathered back on page one of this thread :yaya:

fwiw nothing solid ~

Tarballs @ sucks writes ~

I just heard a rumor about TAR visiting Finland on June 16. They were spotted in Helsinki's Olympic Stadium, and "some station" in Turku, probably railway station. I have no idea if this is true or not, but seems like it would make sense according to the race calendar. Really interesting, if this turns out to be true.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:14:11 AM by puddin »

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2006, 10:22:10 AM »
I am so excited. Finally more spoilers :woohoo:  I had to look up where Maurituius is.!!! :-[

Is there a way get to see the camcorder footage this lady took?

I think so far this is the most spoiled season. 

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »
Most spoiled? Probably. But some previous seasons have had lots of news too... Here's what we have so far...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »
TAR8 was probably the most spoiled imo .
Welcome back Neobie !! I hope you had a fun trip ?  :hearts: ( Great Map ! )

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2006, 01:25:43 PM »
If the picture of the family next to the cluebox was taken in the morning then the location is somewhere in the northwest quadrant of the island.  This comes from the shadows in font of them and ocean to their right.  Probably Grand Bay.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2006, 02:24:53 PM »
Anyone know how to translate Swedish /Finlandia ?  :lol: I can make out proabably the Mongolia & Kuwait spoiler but  Turussa/Turku might be our Finland spoiler? and this is proabably the Olympic,Helsinki/ spoiler ~Helsingin Olympiastadionilla

Tällä hetkellä Amazing Race 10 -kauden kuvaukset ovat käynnissä ympäri maailmaa, ja siihen saattaa liittyä eräs spoileri, joka saattaa kiinnostaa monia. Tieto ei siis spoilaa mitenkään lopputuloksia, vaan lähinnä paikkoja, missä kilpailijat ovat käyneet.

Spoilaa
Useiden nettisivujen mukaan kyseistä kautta on 16.6. kuvattu Helsingissä ja Turussa. Joidenkin lähteiden mukaan kilpailijat kävivät Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, mutta ilmeisesti kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös Turussa. Tämä ei tosin ole vielä mitään faktaa, joten todennäköisesti asiaa joudutaan odottamaan aina syksyyn asti, jolloin Amerikassa näytetään sarjan kymmenes tuotantokausi. Spoilereiden mukaan kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös mm. Mongoliassa, Mauritiuksella ja Kuwaitissa, ja tämä tieto on lähes täysin varmaa. Kaudella 10 poikkeuksellisesti kierretään maapalloa länteen päin, aikaisemminhan se on ollut toisin

http://www.vuotis.net/viewtopic.php?t=12619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

Helsingin Olympiastadionilla
http://www.helsinki2005.fi/index.php

eta: I think it's Finnish but I cannot find a translator  :knuckles:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:32:59 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »
It looks like TPTB have followed our advice and have TAR10 teams going to many new places: Mongolia, Mauritius, Kuwait, Finland.  Still have some gaps there for additional new places: i.e. between June 2 sighting in New Zealand and June 9 sighting in Kuwait.  And between June 12 sighting in Mauritius and June 16 sighting in Finland.

Additionally, it looks like the fame of TAR is spreading around the world and it is hard now for TPTB to go to places unseen.

Still holding out hope for a stop in Ireland!

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »
THanks to Jeenbleving over at TWOPS  :jam::

"Good news, everybody!

I decided to actually take my lunch for once and spent fifteen minutes talking to an exceedingly helpful woman at the Seattle Film & Music office -- she'd even been at the starting line!

The starting line is: Kite Hill at Gas Works Park in Seattle! (So much for my guess of Snoqualmie Falls.) Here's an aerial map of the park. Kite Hill is the roughly circular thing in the upper left-hand corner of the map. There's a sundial on top, IIRC -- my company picnic was at Gas Works last year, but I haven't been there since then.

What she said: Phil and the teams were at the top of Kite Hill; the luggage was roughly where the "trail" in "Burke Gilman Trail" is located on the map, and the cars were lined up in the parking lot close to where the red blip on the trail is. There were 13 cars and 12 (!) teams. They set it up with a fireboat shooting jets of water out on Lake Union (off to the left side of the linked map), and floatplanes taking off and landing. (Since Lake Union is, in fact, a place where planes normally land -- airport code LKE, if anyone cares, I don't know if the planes were there specially for that.)

There were about 75 crew people and 40 crew vehicles.

It was quite rainy, though on an off, while they were filming. She expected somebody to slip while running down Kite Hill to get to their luggage, and in fact some of the crew did, but no contestants did. (Darn.)

They also did some still shots at Hamilton Viewpoint in West Seattle the day before, and "two guys and a camera" went around the city doing some "beauty shots".

She couldn't tell me anything about the teams.

She said all in all, the production company seemed quite happy with things, and the Seattle film people would welcome them back again any time.

I have some photocopies of permit/map pages that I'll post when I get home.
."

We now know where the starting line was!!!!!
 :hearts: :jumpy: :woohoo:

Puddin sorry if copy and paste is not permited, I did not know how to link the page.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:26:05 PM by charlierose »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »
 :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: its a 26 min drive to the airport from gasworks park.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2006, 04:44:22 PM »
Gas Works Park.......there you go!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:09:38 PM by Boingo »

msbuni

« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2006, 05:27:40 PM »
 :jumpy:  :jumpy: I have someone in my office from Finland!!!  He just read over this and said that there is no description of teams or what they did - but, that this person found out about this from a website and is confirming that it was TAR.  I will see if he has more time to completly translate. 

Anyone know how to translate Swedish /Finlandia ?  I can make out proabably the Mongolia & Kuwait spoiler but  Turussa/Turku might be our Finland spoiler? and this is proabably the Olympic,Helsinki/ spoiler ~Helsingin Olympiastadionilla

Tällä hetkellä Amazing Race 10 -kauden kuvaukset ovat käynnissä ympäri maailmaa, ja siihen saattaa liittyä eräs spoileri, joka saattaa kiinnostaa monia. Tieto ei siis spoilaa mitenkään lopputuloksia, vaan lähinnä paikkoja, missä kilpailijat ovat käyneet.

Spoilaa
Useiden nettisivujen mukaan kyseistä kautta on 16.6. kuvattu Helsingissä ja Turussa. Joidenkin lähteiden mukaan kilpailijat kävivät Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, mutta ilmeisesti kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös Turussa. Tämä ei tosin ole vielä mitään faktaa, joten todennäköisesti asiaa joudutaan odottamaan aina syksyyn asti, jolloin Amerikassa näytetään sarjan kymmenes tuotantokausi. Spoilereiden mukaan kilpailijat ovat käyneet myös mm. Mongoliassa, Mauritiuksella ja Kuwaitissa, ja tämä tieto on lähes täysin varmaa. Kaudella 10 poikkeuksellisesti kierretään maapalloa länteen päin, aikaisemminhan se on ollut toisin

http://www.vuotis.net/viewtopic.php?t=12619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

Helsingin Olympiastadionilla
http://www.helsinki2005.fi/index.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2006, 06:11:14 PM »
Thank your translator for us  msbuni :yaya:

more from Izabela

Only one of each couple went in the kayak while the other waited on the beach.
The black woman who did the kayak was a bit overweight and I'd guess not the fittest - she nearly died after that one!
the guy was dark haired. Can't remember the girl clearly - blonde i think. If we ever get our dv tape onto this pc I have pictures of the first two couples.
One final point - there were 6 kayaks on the beach - perhaps a FF meant someone avoided this task?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
Thank your translator for us  msbuni :yaya:

more from Izabela

One final point - there were 6 kayaks on the beach - perhaps a FF meant someone avoided this task?

TPTB habitually add one more than is necessary so that late arriving teams never are sure if there still is someone behind them.  So if six kayaks were seen on the beach and only five teams, then this is SOP with TAR.