Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 799243 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1250 on: January 30, 2007, 01:17:09 AM »
from this travelpod blog
starts off:
We are off to Hawaii, Guam, Australia and New Zealand for some adventure and fun
Written by justincourt

Hi Everyone, Thanks for checking out our travel blogg. Now that we are moved in and situated we are traveling for a month and a half to do some adventure seeking. We will begin our trip in Oahu for 5 days, then off to Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania for the rest f the time. We have booked some exciting trips so stay tuned for stories and photos !!

Start of travels: Nov 01, 2006
End of travels: Dec 18, 2006

Entry 6 of 6

G'day from Australia and NZ
Christ church, New Zealand
Dec 19, 2006  18:33 ( local time )

Our trip back was quite interesting. We left Cairns at 1:30am and flew to Guam arriving at 6:30 am. We then got a room and slept for a couple of hours and then got back on the plane had a stop over in Japan and then arrived in Hawaii for 24hours where we tried to get used to the time difference and enjoyed the last warm days of our trip. We took our 3rd red eye to Los Angeles then to Cleveland and finally home. We both had a wonderful time but are exhausted and are having trouble adjusting back to EST. We slept an hour last night but ended up staying up to 5 am. ?
One interesting thing that occurred to us on our travels was that we ended up on a flight with the Amazing race. They were taping the next season and it was cool to see what was going on behind the scenes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:37:57 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1251 on: January 30, 2007, 01:40:25 AM »
Justincourt has some photos tied to a world map, but all I get are error messages.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1252 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:51 AM »
any idea when the travel channel is rerunning hong kong are we there yet???
Nothing at the TC website about additional airings of that episode. I've been googling Siu Sai Wan attractions, but it's just some shopping and a few hiking trails. If I were producing this leg, I'd give all the teams Octopus cards instead of cash and tell them when the value is used up, they're on their own.  ;D
lol, thats a pretty cool card Slowhatch. The most interesting place to film might be the Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground but yawn another stadium?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1253 on: January 30, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
Justincourt has some photos tied to a world map, but all I get are error messages.
Me too Slowhatch  >:(

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #1254 on: January 30, 2007, 01:50:52 AM »
Dustin and Kandice were spotted in Siu Sai Wan, Hong Kong (outside a school). They were holding a yellow clue (from my friend). I think it is a detour.
TARV5: Ultimate Evil
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1255 on: January 30, 2007, 02:01:02 AM »
Dustin and Kandice were spotted in Siu Sai Wan, Hong Kong (outside a school). They were holding a yellow clue (from my friend). I think it is a detour.
  :jumpy: Welcome sun7kid!!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1256 on: January 30, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
Thanks sun7kid!

Is it this school?
FUKIEN SECONDARY SCHOOL

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1257 on: January 30, 2007, 04:41:42 AM »
Hi sun7kid! :welcome: Thank you for coming!

Could you find out what day that was?

We are glad you are here! :hithere:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1258 on: January 30, 2007, 05:59:23 AM »
Should we start a pool to decide when we will see the first TAR All-Star TV promo?

During the Super Bowl on CBS!
Hey gator gets his wish!! and wins the pool!!
..........yadda yadda cut to this part

In addition to paid ad spots, CBS has big plans to promote its own schedule and talent before the game's estimated 95 million viewers.

"We look at it the same way our advertisers do; it's a huge showcase, and we pay close attention to every single second that goes into that game," said CBS marketing prexy George Schweitzer.

The network won't divulge its exact promotion plans, but the Monday premiere of the comedy "Rules of Engagement" will get special attention, as will the premiere of "Survivor" on Feb. 8. Also getting a promotional bump will be "The Amazing Race," which returns two weeks later.

source variety

thanks Slowhatch for the Siu Sai Wan map  :waves:

Cool! :woohoo:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1259 on: January 30, 2007, 06:05:23 AM »
When I scroll through these pages ..I could only find her wedding pictures   :angel:

???Whose wedding pictures?

The bride does not look like either one of the BQs.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1260 on: January 30, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
It's Justincourt's Anguilla wedding photos; they're not racers, just a guy who happened to be on the same flight as TAR (he doesn't say specifically, but I'm presuming it's GUM-HNL). I figured out how to work the map, btw; you click the bar on top that says "view classic map" and the links work; unfortunately, there's no final leg photos, just the blog stuff already posted.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1261 on: January 30, 2007, 12:36:26 PM »
SLOWHATCH, I was inspired by the work that you and PUDDIN have been doing on Justincourt's blog. I have sent a message to Justincourt, but it may be a while before I get a reply. The message asked for clarification of which plane flight Justincourt was on with the Amazing Race contestants. It could be Cairns to Guam, Guam to Nagoya, or Nagoya to Honolulu, as Justincourt flew all of those legs and we know the last two were done by the Final 3. If the answer comes back Cairns to Guam (which is what I am hoping for), then we would have confirmation of AR11 having gone to Australia.

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #1262 on: January 30, 2007, 01:37:26 PM »
EXCELENT  SEARCHING  GUYS! :tup: :dancer: :woohoo: :jumpy: :yess:
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1263 on: January 30, 2007, 02:02:48 PM »
Puddin I was reading back on TAR 8 spoilers and you said your dad was a producer couldnt he tell you were they went or is he aloud?
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1264 on: January 30, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »
Puddin I was reading back on TAR 8 spoilers and you said your dad was a producer couldnt he tell you were they went or is he aloud?
umm I don't know what you read reality.tv. but my dad is not a producer...sorry I wish he was! Could you imagine!?

apskip you inspired me to look for Hong Kong sightings which led to the Justincourt's interesting encounter with the Amazing Race  :tup: Also I registered at the travelpod last night to do the same thing you had done, ask Justin for more info but, was lost for words so I thank you :D.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1265 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:40 PM »
apskip You and I think way too much alike! I did the same thing :lol: :lol:--hope they don't think we are crazed stalkers! I invited them here so hopefully they will respond like sun7kid did!

And congratulations to you apskip on being the first with the Hong Kong info--and I really do  hope that they go to Australia too! I'm still hoping that the CBS info about 5 continents is wrong and they really meant 7! I know, I know, but a girl can dream! :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1266 on: January 30, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
 For sun7kid--

Please could you show this picture to your friend and ask if s/he saw any of them? Thank you!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1267 on: January 30, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »
umm I don't know what you read reality.tv. but my dad is not a producer...sorry I wish he was! Could you imagine!?

apskip you inspired me to look for Hong Kong sightings which led to the Justincourt's interesting encounter with the Amazing Race  :tup: Also I registered at the travelpod last night to do the same thing you had done, ask Justin for more info but, was lost for words so I thank you :D.

LOL! oh well the peaple were also talking about peaple from sucks so maybe I mixed it up sorry.
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline ChaoSPBunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1268 on: January 30, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »
Great job on the spoliers, guys.

Off-topic, but oh my tian translates to oh my god in chinese.  Tian literally means "sky" so, I guess it connects somehow.  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1269 on: January 30, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »

Off-topic, but oh my tian translates to oh my god in chinese.  Tian literally means "sky" so, I guess it connects somehow.  :lol:

Thanks for that!  :lol: I was really worried about that poor kid!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1270 on: January 30, 2007, 09:57:39 PM »

Thanks ChaoSPBunny :yaya:

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #1271 on: January 31, 2007, 05:54:07 AM »
georgiapeach,
They were heading to detour and so my friend only spotted sutin and kandice.
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1272 on: January 31, 2007, 07:53:28 AM »
Thanks sun7kid! We are just glad they were seen at all! :thankyou:

Did your friend ever remember what day it was?

And there is a picture of a school on the previous page--is that the right school?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1273 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
THOUGHTS ON SIU SAI WAN, HONG KONG

I decided to break out my Hong Kong guidebooks to see what they say about Siu Sai Wan. I have visited Hong Kong twice in the past 30 years and have 4 guidebooks that are exclusively Hong Kong. None of these guidebooks uses the words "Siu Sai Wan". It appears that van Munster/Doganieri tried to find the most out-of-the-way section of either Kowloon or Hong Kong Island so that there would be minimal sighting of the Amazing Race in Hong Kong.

Siu Sai Wan is a residential area on Hong Kong Island developed 30 to 40 years ago. It is located in the eastern part of Chai Wan. If you are on top of Victoria Peak it is on the right edge of the island you are on. If you are on Kowloon facing Hong Kong Island, it is around the far corner on the left. It is strictly a residential area with one exception, the Siu Sai Wan Sporting Ground, a 12000 seat soccer stadium. There may be an AR11 task involving soccer there.

We must have RFF members living in Hong Kong. It would be great if they could elaborate and help those of us elsewhere to better understand what Amazing Race activities would be logical for Siu Sai Wan other than going to a clue box in a school.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:05:00 PM by apskip »

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #1274 on: February 01, 2007, 02:18:09 AM »
i will give a reply later, im in a hurry
Good luck to Final 3!