Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800635 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #975 on: January 16, 2007, 06:55:10 AM »
lol so it was Ian in the Cowboy hat in Miami afterall!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #976 on: January 16, 2007, 06:57:08 AM »
Another fugly hat!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #977 on: January 16, 2007, 06:59:38 AM »
 :lol: @ peach! ugly hat yes but on the other hand Teri looks just beautiful  :dancer:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #978 on: January 16, 2007, 07:02:16 AM »
finally some teaser shots of what we already knew  :lol: :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #979 on: January 16, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »
 :dancer: the site is up and looks Great!!

SEASON PREMIERE
Sunday, February 18, 8pm et/pt  THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS reunites some of the most memorable, entertaining and controversial Teams from previous seasons and sets them on a new adventure of a lifetime. Traveling more than 45,000 miles, spanning 5 continents in 28 days, these Teams will pair up for one final trek around the globe as they battle the best of the best in a fierce race to the finish for their second attempt at the million dollar prize.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #980 on: January 16, 2007, 08:40:34 AM »
CBS press Video or youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5ZvcTT284

THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS will reunite some of the most memorable, entertaining and controversial Teams from previous seasons, who will travel more than 45,000 miles, spanning five continents in 28 days, with stops in such locations as Argentina, Mozambique and Chile, to name a few.  These former teams will pair up for one final trek around the globe as they battle the best of the best in a Race to the Finish Line for their second attempt at the million dollar prize.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 09:29:10 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #981 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
PUDDIN, your most recent news catches me working on a spec routemap for the race:

1. Quito, Ecuador, including a stop at the Equator
2. Atacama Desert, Chile
3. King George Island, claimed by Chile on the tip of Antarctica
4. Ushuaia, Argentina, including a stop at the tip os South America
5. Maputo, Mozambique
6. unknown
7. unknown
8. Warsaw,Poland
9. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10. I say Hong Kong, although there has been no corroboration of that
11. I guess Queensland, Australia, because there are nonstop flights from Cairns to
12.  Guam
13. it could be Honolulu or any city with direct flights from there, including those on other Hawaiian islands

Australia is needed to claim "all 7 continents", so the probability of going there now that we know that Antarctica is in is high. There may not be more than 11 or 12 legs; if so, the unkown legs drop off.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #982 on: January 16, 2007, 09:01:36 AM »
apskip I had a feeling the Mozambique spoiler was good ...

( Twop's still down!  :o )

nkatekwan posted at Twop's
Some friends of mine are Peace Corps vols in Mozambique and claim that the race came through Maputo sometime between Thanksgiving and December 7. One of the destinations was the old Portuguese fort (pictured here: http://tabisite.com/gallery_af/mozambique/91af265.jpg). Unfortunately they didn't have any other details. This does seem consistent with the spoilers that teams were on their way to South Africa, as Maputo is usually reached through Joburg

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #983 on: January 16, 2007, 11:13:58 AM »
The CBS site says:
THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS reunites some of the most memorable, entertaining and controversial Teams from previous seasons and sets them on a new adventure of a lifetime. Traveling more than 45,000 miles, spanning 5 continents in 28 days, these Teams will pair up for one final trek around the globe as they battle the best of the best in a fierce race to the finish for their second attempt at the million dollar prize

So much for our dreams of all 7 continents on this race :'(   but I'm still thrilled about Antarctica! :yess:

Random thoughts:

What's with the DVD from Thermacare? Anybody find a link to it on their site?

From the videos:

Loved the Cha's saying they got manicures to "prepare"...
Worried that the Frats didn't prepare...
Break your heart about JVJ--they clearly prepared mentally and physically and have the heart --what happened??
Charla was worried about her running abilities (or lack of!) so she got those shoes with wheels in the heels as a secret weapon--wonder if TPTB will let her use them or would that be considered "extra" help?
Aside from another fugly hat, why did I like Teri and Ian much better than before after seeing their video?
And as a huge BQ fan, why did they annoy me more than before?!
Charla wants to use any prize winnings for more IVF...
Don't think the Guidos have changed one little bit--
I think the inter-team fireworks will be so much fun to watch!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #984 on: January 16, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »
And where were they?

After further review, I don't think it is Bonnet House...I don't remember there being a view of the bay(?) from there, or a boat dock. It is very private with a wall around and this looked more open--almost like a public park? Who's from around there and can help?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #985 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »
Where did everybody go? ???

From the CBS site :  (bold mine)

ROUTE MARKER  Yellow and white flag that marks the locations of further instructions.   

YIELD  Each leg of the Race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another Team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the Race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the Race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams. 

A Yield on every leg?? No more yellow/red?

On the other hand, no mention of an Intersection, and only 2 Fast Forwards...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #986 on: January 16, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
I'm here ...I needed a shower  :waves:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #987 on: January 16, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
 ;) Just based on the way CBS likes to use public parks, and keeping with the theme of using a peninsula (ala Seattle Gas Works Park), a couple possible starting locations can be found near Miami intercoatal waterway on Google Earth:

Oleta State Recreation Area

Bill Baggs State Recreation Area

Neither of which really show the vistas in the previews, but it's a start.  ???  Spoil away!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #988 on: January 16, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »
Remember Phil did the thermacare thingy before they started filming All-Stars? 

http://www.thermacare.com/index.jsp

Offline foxburns

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #989 on: January 16, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
with a yield every leg, Romber is going to get yielded into oblivion.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #990 on: January 16, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »
:cmaslol working my way through South America. another fwiw: I don't know if this is posted anywhere or whatever but I read here( don't know if its true?) that the race started on small Miami Bay island and I'm having a hell of a time trying to track it.If true, it could be Bay harbor islands?

heres Mary & David sitting on the docks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #991 on: January 16, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
No No No ..CBS always has the same info in the glossary so don't go by that ..heres TAR10 and TAR9 .....it only changed for TAR8.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #992 on: January 16, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Thanks puddin! That's a relief! I thought that a yield every week on All Stars would be awful--it would make this much more of a political game (like Survivor) so am very glad if that's not the case.

Know about the Thermacare thingy--I was interested in where they said buy our DVD of the racers but can'tf ind a link...

Boingo--thanks for the links! I have faith that my fellow RFF-ers will find it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #993 on: January 16, 2007, 12:40:33 PM »
 :lol:  Just cleaning up the hard drive and throwing this out there....

Virginia Key Beach Park, just north of Bill Baggs Recreation area.  According to FilmMiami.org, this formerly "colored people only" beach is a popular location for TV/movie productions.  Even Anthony Bourdain's show "No Reservations" shot there.   :rotf:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:43:58 PM by Boingo »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #994 on: January 16, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »
"borderline South Pole" in Antarctica
I'm not sure what's meant by that. Argentina lumps Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), the offshore islands and the Antarctic station all into one province. Unless they arranged a government plane, there's only one commercial camp: ANI (here's their base in the Patriot Hills), which is owned by ALE (here's a charter flight list for 2006-2007). ANI/ALE only flies out of Punta Arenas, which is a little more confusing; maybe they didn't leave Ushuaia at all.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #995 on: January 16, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »
SLOWHATCH, you'll have a lot more success if you are researching Antarctica claimed by Chile. There are weekly flights and occasional boat trips into King George Island. It is at the 60th parellel, which some people consider to be Antarctica and others not, which could explain why CBS is hedging on that point. You can find out about the flights from a link on the Ushuaia website.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #996 on: January 16, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »
Which link is that? I found a couple of official sites with street maps and photos--the city government website and E-Ushuaia--but both are in Spanish. Ushuaia seems to a popular starting point for ship tourism; the flights I've found seem to be mostly "fly-overs." The past few weeks I've been checking polar sites like 70 South and the Antarctic Sun for news, but no luck; you'd think if the circus came to town  :ele: somebody would have noticed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 02:50:47 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #997 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
Slowhatch --this is my favorite site with lots of info about flights to Antarctica from Ushuaia, maps of Antarctica, and maps of King George.

And here is a good Ushuaia site .

And I know what you mean about the circus--I've read more Antarctica blogs looking for info than I'll ever want to count!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #998 on: January 16, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
No No No ..CBS always has the same info in the glossary so don't go by that ..heres TAR10 and TAR9 .....it only changed for TAR8.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when the Yield was first introduced it was there on many of the legs but never used until near the end.  I remembering seeing it in the Moscow Leg of TAR5  (It was seen on the deck of the Battleship Aroura but nobody was shown stopping to use it.) So maybe TPTB who are throwing all kinds of curves will introduce it for many of the legs as originally planned.

Checked with Wikipedia and the Yield was first used in TAR5.  See below:

"Yield  - This was a new element in the game that allowed one team to force another team to stop racing for a predetermined amount of time. The Yield was available on each leg, though it was not presented on each episode."

So, yes, we may see the ugly YIELD raise its ugly head on more than two eps.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:53:31 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #999 on: January 16, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
Actually the offical web site for seasons 6, 7 ,8,9, and 10 and now 11 all mention the Yield as being on every leg.

So I wouldn't put much weight to it.

Links for proof.

Season 6
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/show/glossary.shtml

Season 7
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep03/race/glossary/

Season 8 (Family Edition)
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/show/glossary.shtml

I believe Puddin already linked season's 9 and 10.