Author Topic: Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 142399 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Spoilers/Speculation
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2006, 10:31:46 AM »
The NBC people are starting to get interested in spoilers (check the Future Episodes thread) and they've already scored one hit: the Hall of Fame for Great Americans in the Bronx.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »
That's not so new, we had that location pegged some time ago.

Are we talking about Dumas' "The Man in the Iron Mask"?  that would take us to France no doubt.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »
The busted nose on the artifact makes me think of Bonaparte (here and here).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2006, 12:40:18 AM »
Whoever it is, the Fogals are examining the mask on a pedestal (probably in the park or median discussed on page 1).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »
As this page describes, the "Avenue de Montsouris" is a long tunnel in the catacombs that leads to the ossuary.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2006, 02:19:11 AM »
Ugh. They're saying over at NBC it's Lafayette, and they may be right. Below is a cap from next week and a picture (source) of a Lafayette statue near the Place d'Alma. Also...the genius spoiler about finding a statue of someone who "would be considered a friend to Americans" may have to be reconsidered.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »
Think they may go to Washington DC first and find the medallion that will lead them to Dover Castle and the White Cliffs of Dover.  In Paris they will be looking in the Catacombs easily reached by Metro at the Denfert-Rochereau stop on either the Red, Blue or Green line in Montparnasse.  Looks like they take a car ferry either to or from Dover.  In England someone else is driving at night (note right hand wheel).

So does all this happen in one ep?  Do they go to New York first and the Hall of Fame in the Bronx then across the pond to England?

In any case, if they go to Europe for several eps, then we know that the Air Force, the Southies, and the Geniuses will be in the final three since we see the Geniuses at the Star Spangled House or Ft. McHenry in Baltimore and the Air Force and Southies at the Hall of Fame in New York.  That means we will lose the Fighting, Screeming Fogels, and the beautiful ones somewhere in Europe. 

How does a death mask of Bonepart jive with a map of Baltimore Harbor?  The seven artifacts are supposed to lead you to the key to where the treasure is hidden.  Maybe it really is a death mask of the admiral who led the attach on Baltimore or perhaps Francis Scott Key who wrote the poem Star Spangled Banner.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:24:24 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »
So they did visit Mansfield after all  ;D. The NBC page lists the slave chapel at Mansfield and this archival photo (source) matches the cap of the "safe house."
Of all the destinations I've seen on reality tv, a "GPS located dirt pile" is unique.  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2006, 09:06:16 PM »
 :hoot: :gj: Slowhatch !

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:59 PM »
Baker from the Fodor board expands on the original Genius sighting:
You're right about this show looking too staged rather than "real". When we got filmed in Paris helping the Genius team it wasn't ever stopped so we could do another cut but cameras and mikes were everywhere. And, yes, we did help them...they asked if I knew where they were because they couldn't find this spot on the map; it was Place de la Concorde. They also had their map upside down which didn't help. Then they needed a bridge with lots of gold on it so I suggested it was the Pont Alexandre and pointed it out through the trees. As to a statue of "someone who could be called a friend to Americans" I didn't know specifically but I did tell them there were a few statues near the Pont Alexandre. it turned out to be one of Lafayette presented to France by the schoolchildren of America. we had walked along behind to see if they did indeed find the next clue; the filming there was kind of fake as they had the Geniuses approach several times pointing and saying, "There it is!". They also had them break open some object to find the clue; maybe it didn't film properly because they repeated that also. Then they filmed them running across the bridge as they went on.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »
The folks at NBC are busy. They've called the church as St. Bartholomew in London and I think they're right. Compare the background object in the cap with the church pipe organ (source).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:02 PM »
It's not a spoiler, but since there's no July 10 thread I'll throw it in here. At the Fogal gallery you can see a disk from Westport Rivers winery with the caption "A clue to the winery leading to the Atlantic Tunnel."  ??? I couldn't remember anything like that so I went through the opening sequence frame-by-frame and I caught team MissUSA clutching a disk as she picks up the Whitman paper. The whole Westport task must have been edited out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2006, 01:36:10 PM »
Monday, August 7 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No108"

The remaining four teams must overcome infighting to uncover the secrets of an infamous war that protects the code to a mysterious artifact Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2006, 09:25:27 PM »
Air Force can be seen on the Alex 3 bridge (cap and photo source). The bridge does have gold trim but it also adjoins the Lafayette statue, so it's hard to say if the bridge is directly involved.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2006, 01:21:57 PM »
The Fogals are gone - no more screaming mimies.

If the previews from week one still hold, then the Dixie Chicks, I mean the Miss USA's, will be goners next week.  We have seen the Air Force, the ex-CIA, and  Southies at the New York Hall of Fame and the Geniuses at either Ft. McHenry or the Star Spangled House in Baltimore.

What advantage does the first place team have over the others?  Just more sleep if anything.  They all ended up hours and hours apart in South Carolina, but all six teams were together the next day on the flight to Paris.

Note that someone must always move their luggage for them; we see the teams pulling their large cases behind them when the leave the B & B but never again do we see them with it.

If the finale is a "live" show, will our host still only be on the screen of a mororola cell phone?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »
Free money!  :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2006, 09:00:11 PM »

If the finale is a "live" show, will our host still only be on the screen of a mororola cell phone?

:lol3: your funny Gman ! and now with Slowhatch's creditcard info maybe we can all go on the trip with out in October  :jumpy: ?

I think this is new today ?

Monday, August 7 2006

"Episode No108"

The remaining four teams must overcome infighting to uncover the secrets of an infamous war that protects the code to a mysterious artifact Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure

TVGuide
Bickering becomes a problem as the four remaining teams attempt to figure out clues pertaining to an “infamous” war.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:07:27 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2006, 10:30:45 AM »
Infamous War?

We entered World War II after A Day of Infamy - FDR's description of the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941.

Or was the War of 1812 considered the "infamous war"?

Dawg Gone, we get rid of the bickering Fogals, but the bickering goes on and on!

Puddin: just checked and there still are a few cabins on the River Adagio left to be had!!

Forgot to mention that the Nielson rating continues to drop! Now down to 4.6 million and fourth place amongst four networks!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:45:06 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2006, 09:32:02 PM »
I don't quite know what to make of the metro sequences Mon. night. Obviously some tasks were edited out--the cap below from the NBC site lists Picpus and Pere Lachaise cemeteries--both near the Place de la Nation stop (the routes can be checked out on the interactive map here) the "lost" teams can be seen entering (second cap). But the lost teams got good advice (third cap): the RER B line goes straight from the airport to the Denfert-Rocherau stop. To further confuse matters, we can see signs for Chatelet les Halles (a nexus) and Pere Lechaise (on line 3).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »
On the same subject, why couldn't the teams use Ask.com? Metro maps are easy to find; I would have known my route before I even boarded the plane in Savannah. And finding a Dover map, complete with arrow, took me less than a minute.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2006, 10:40:45 AM »
I detect a real lack of interest in this poor excuse of a "reality" show.

Nielson ratings for the premiere support this view.

Back to where the action is on TAR10.  Now there we have some real action.

You got that right Gman....I watched 2 episodes, well really 1 1/2 because it was SOOOO boring!!!  After the first episode I thought I'd give it a second chance but couldn't make it through the rest.  So haven't a clue as to what is going on.  I just can't wait til TAR starts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2006, 03:40:14 PM »
I've got to say some of the people over at NBC put out impressive work. T Hunter has identified the Via ferrata (climbing for non-climbers) course as being in Peille in southern France. Compare the cave (lower-right) in the two caps with the album photo (source). The street scenes and the statue might be in the same village. The mansion? probably not.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »
The good news: the NBC folks have found the mansion. The Chateau d'Omonville is in a small village south of Rouen (France has its own version of GE, called GeoPortail, that I've been wanting to try--the space-cap is below). They've even got the hallway with Nephthys. The bad news: it's Rosicrucian. Sorry for the soapbox, but if the show insists that the Founding Fathers were "bound" by these goofballs then it's a slap in the face to the FF and a blow to the credibility of the show. I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »
Thanks for the posts, Slowhatch.  I couldn't figure out from the previews where the mountains were.

When I hear South of France in this context, I'm thinking of some kind of Knights of Templar or Freemason connection.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
"Episode No.109"
The remaining three teams race to find the seventh and final artifact that reveals the key to the treasure. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure.