Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Race info / Media thread  (Read 99947 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 10 Race info / Media thread
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
« The Amazing Race 10 September 24, 2006: "Can Horses Smell Fear?"All right, who's with me on the David-and-Mary bandwagon? Last week I was pretty well convinced I needed subtitles to understand a word these two were saying, but by now not only can I speak fluent Kentuckese, I can also finally have a team to root for. They're not at all shy about their lack of world experience, which at times can be downright endearing: "I've never known an Asian person in my life. The Cho brothers? I love 'em to death. Honest to goodness, we've never been around gay people. But hey, I like 'em!" Couple that with their unflappable patience (see: old Russian military jeep stuck fender-deep in the Mongolian mud) and effortless generosity (see: offering their leftover water to the single moms during the detour), and I really hope these two will be around for a while. I'm also impressed by the beauty queens so far ? the whole missing-helmet incident cost them a huge lead en route to the roadblock, but they more or less stayed positive the whole time. And let's not forget that Kandice had to be working with an awfully sore posterior after being dragged several yards by the stirrup of her horse. (I'm not sure which horse-related injury was worse, Kandice's ankle-yank-and-turf burn or the stray-branch wallop that knocked Kimberly clean out of the saddle ? and also out of her shoe.) Meanwhile, Peter and Sarah are working my last nerve; I'm just not on board with the way he barks motivations at her like she's a dog. If the back-and-forth between two detour tasks caused that much friction between them, I can only imagine the fireworks we'll see when the going gets really tough. That said, they're doing something right: first place at the pit stop and a trip to Mexico to boot. And our Philiminees this week? I guess I'll never get the chance to learn the difference between Kellie and Jamie ? in addition to coming in dead last, they couldn't even complete the flaming-arrow roadblock. (Speaking of which, how disconcerting was that challenge? I was worried that between the 10 remaining teams, they'd somehow manage to burn down all of Outer Mongolia.) Farewell, cheerleaders ? may your pom-poms always be fluffy.

Next week: pageant girls versus gay men! Duck and cover! 

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700007063

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »
“We Even Sacrificed Packing Our Make-up So We Had Room for Power Bars!” - An Interview with The Amazing Race 10’s Kellie & Jamie
by Jenn Brasler -- 09/26/2006

Even after an early embarrassing moment, Kellie & Jamie were a well-liked team on the race and many were sad to see them go so soon. Here they tell Jenn how they prepared for the race, what their weaknesses were, and what they wish they’d done differently.

RealityNewsOnline: Hi, Kellie & Jamie. I really enjoyed watching you on the race. How did you prepare yourselves for the race?

Kellie & Jamie: We did so many physical and mental things to prepare for this race. We rock climbed, ran stadium stairs with our packs on, learned how to drive a stick shift, and worked out extra hard to build endurance! We also studied as many foreign languages as we could.

RNO: Other than Tom & Terry, who we saw you with a lot, did you bond with any other team?

Kellie & Jamie: We bonded a lot with all of the teams that were on the second bus to the train station. That bus included Tom & Terry, David & Mary, Erwin & Godwin, and Lyn & Karlyn. The long bus ride really gave us an opportunity to get to know everyone! We also had a bond with Vipul & Arti before they got eliminated.

RNO: Where did you wish you could have traveled to?

Kellie: I wanted to go to New Zealand, Greece, or Africa.

Jamie: I really wanted to go to Egypt and Switzerland.

RNO: Did you worry that your lack of travel experience would hurt you on the race?

Kellie & Jamie: We were definitely concerned with our lack of international travel experience, but we’ve traveled extensively in the U.S. The most challenging part of being overseas was the language barrier we encountered.

RNO: What did you think your strengths and weaknesses were, both as a team and as individuals?

Kellie & Jamie: Our competitive drive and positive attitudes were big strengths for us throughout the race. We also encouraged each other and kept each other calm and motivated in stressful situations. Our biggest weakness was our lack of foreign language skills.

Kellie: I think it’s obvious that my weakness was in shooting a bow and arrow.

RNO: Who did you think was going to be the team to beat?

Kellie & Jamie: Before we even had talked to any of the teams, we were most intimidated by the Cho brothers. They seemed very smart and looked physically fit.

RNO: Have you had to suffer a lot of teasing because of your Buddha remark in the first episode?

Kellie & Jamie: (laughing) We certainly have. What people don’t know is that we nicknamed them the Buddha Brothers before we knew they were Muslim, so that was the root of the question. That wasn’t our brightest moment.

RNO: We’ve seen a lot of teams with two young, pretty women on them before. How did you try to set yourselves apart from them when you auditioned?

Kellie & Jamie: We have never seen another girl team on the race as enthusiastic as us! Unlike some other girls teams in the past, we were completely concentrated on the race and not sidetracked by the cute boy team. We even sacrificed packing our make-up so we had room for power bars!

RNO: What were your favorite moments on the race?

Kellie & Jamie: Every moment of the race was truly amazing. We really enjoyed seeing China and Mongolia, and the best part was that we got to experience it together. Beating the Cho bros up the Great Wall was pretty fun, too!

RNO: Is there anything you wish you had done differently?

Kellie & Jamie: We wished that we would have stuck with other teams rather than running our own race. As long as you are with another team, you know you aren’t alone and potentially last.

RNO: Do you know how far you were behind the other teams or how long you took at the Roadblock?

Kellie & Jamie: We knew that we were a good deal behind the other teams. The whole day we felt like we were playing catch-up. Once we would get caught up, something else bad would happen to us. It was frustrating because a lot of the mishaps were out of our control. When we arrived at the Roadblock, we saw Lyn and Karlyn running out of the front of the Hotel Mongolia. Before Kellie started the Roadblock, we already knew we were the last team. Even after knowing that, we were still out there for hours wanting to complete the task. 117 arrows later, we realized our time was up.

RNO: Is there anything else you want to say to people?

Kellie & Jamie: We want people to know that we really enjoyed the race and getting to see the countries we saw. It was a great experience and brought our friendship to a whole new level. We are forever grateful for the experience!

RNO: Thank you! I hope you had as much fun on the race as you looked like you were having.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article9875.art&page=1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2006, 10:50:49 AM »
The Amazing Race Cheerleaders Stop by News19

VIDEO: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill sit down with Jennifer Tomazic.

Kellie and Jamie join News19 for an Amazing Newsmaker.

(WLTX) - Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill, the popular and enthusiastic duo that captured Columbia's heart, has unfortunately lost the Amazing Race.

Fret not, Midlands residents, they are doing fine, and just as happy as ever.

A wrong turn and some bad luck didn't get their spirits down, they still had some great stories to tell.

Kellie and Jamie sat down with News19's Jennifer Tomazic to talk about some of their adventures and what went wrong

http://www.wltx.com/FYI/story.aspx?storyid=42335

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2006, 07:31:22 PM »
Friday, September 29, 2006
Amazing Race Cheerleaders Are D! O! N! E!
by Rochell D. Thomas

Kellie and Jamie had hoped to be the first female team to win The Amazing Race. They wanted to joke with Phil [Keoghan], see Madagascar or Vietnam, and maybe spend some of the cash they slyly made off their looks during the first leg (more on that later). But, as is always the case in a globe-trotting contest, you don't always get what you want. And, after they made a wrong turn during the second leg's detour, the cheerleaders from South Carolina became the third team eliminated from The Amazing Race 10.
TV Guide.com: How many vaccination shots did you have to get before you started the race?
Kellie: Oh gosh, it was a lot.
Jamie: Seven or eight.

TVGuide.com: What was the weirdest?
Kellie: We had to get a Japanese encephalitis shot, and it was really funny because the nurses were so confused. They were like, "Are you going to be around pigs, or in China?" We said, "We don't know," and they said, "Why are you getting this then?" and we're like, "Our family planned a surprise vacation?"

TV Guide.com: Well, you did make it to Mongolia.
Both: Well, we tried.

TVGuide.com: What does Mongolia smell like?
Kellie: All we remember is the smell of camel poo. But Mongolia is absolutely beautiful. The mountains were pretty.

TVGuide.com: Random question: Were Tom and Terry always so "Just Jack!" enthusiastic?
Both: They're really like that.
Jamie: But we love those guys.
Kellie: And when we got on the train that took us to Mongolia, we shared a little cabin and we had an absolute ball.
Jamie: We were on the bus with them. So we got to hang out with them for eleven hours straight.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of the bus, I read on the CBS website that it was a 963-mile ride. What does one do on a bus for 963 miles?
Both: Sleep.
Jamie: Well, we didn't know when we got on the bus if it was going to be an 11-hour ride or if it was going to be a 30-minute ride. So you sleep for a little bit and then you wake up and you grab your backpack thinking, "OK. They're slowing down. Are we getting off?" So we were kind of on edge. But we got to know all the teams better because that was one of the first times we had nothing to do.

TVGuide.com: How did you know how much food to bring? Or did they provide food during a rest stop?
Both: No!
Kellie: Well, Jamie and I brought protein bars with us on the race because we didn¹t want to spend money on food.
Jamie: We probably brought 30 each. We were fortunate that we brought those because some of the teams on the bus didn't have anything and literally didn't eat the whole time.

TVGuide.com: Did you give them to Tom and Terry?
Jamie:  We tried.
Kellie:  We wanted to give them our leftover money and protein bars, but we weren't allowed to see the teams once we were eliminated.

TVGuide.com: So how much money did you have left?
Jamie: We actually had a lot — like $140 — because we were one of the few teams that collected money along the way.

TVGuide.com: What do you mean, you "collected money"?
Kellie: When we were on the shuttle to go to the airport, there was a really nice family, and they knew we were obviously on some kind of show but they didn't know which one and they were like, "Do you guys need money?" and they gave us $70. Then when we were on the flight to Beijing there was a man that exchanged American money for Chinese money with us and he gave us a really good rate.
Jamie: So we made money off that exchange.

TVGuide.com: Were you two working the puppies, showing boobage? I'm trying to understand this random act of generosity.
Both: [Laughs] No, we were not.
Jamie: We were looking rough, actually. Maybe we just looked so desperate that they just gave us [money].

TVGuide.com: Did any other teams get help along the way?
Jamie: They might have. We don't know.
Kellie: A lot of times, if they get money they won't tell you because they don't want you to know they have a one-up on you.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of one-ups, when I talked to Vipul and Arti, they said that you were one of the fastest teams up the Great Wall.
Kellie: We were. It was kind of funny because a lot of the guys were trying to use upper-body strength. And there's no way you can get up that wall with upper-body strength. So we used our legs.
Jamie: It was really cool because when we got to the wall we saw that there were five teams and we panicked because we were behind. But we didn't stop. We just motivated each other, used our cheerleading skills and flew up that wall.
Kellie: Jamie and I rock-climb sometimes for fun, and that really helped us, too.

TVGuide.com: What did you do after you were eliminated?
Jamie: We actually had to stay a day or two in Mongolia. And that gave us a lot of time to just sit and dwell on the woulda-coulda-shouldas.
Kellie: And pout.
Jamie:  We were extremely upset when we got eliminated. We put our heart into this 110 percent.… I mean, everything we had. And we didn't expect to get out that early.
Kellie:  You never can expect that. We ran into some bad luck, but we're still thankful for the experience. Best experience ever.

TVGuide.com: About that bad luck. So, before you made that U-turn and passed the single-mother team, you were going in the wrong direction?
Kellie: The thing is, we stopped to make sure we were going the right way, and this lady pointed us in the opposite direction. We were like, "That's weird." So we stopped again just to double-check, and a different person pointed in the same direction. We asked a third person, and they said the same thing. So when we saw the moms pass us, we were like, "Oh, they don't know it's this way!" We drove for a while before figuring that we were totally in the wrong direction. By the time we got there, Lyn and Karlyn had already finished the bow and arrow.
Jamie: They were running out while we were running in. So we knew at that point that we were last, and that was the tough part.
Kellie: That was really hard. And then I took on that roadblock, and I had never shot a bow and arrow in my life.

TVGuide.com: So you shot them even though you knew you were eliminated?
Jamie: She shot 117 bows and arrows. She's a trooper.
Kellie: I was out there for three or four hours. Jamie and I always said, "No matter what, we're never going to give up." So I tried. It was so hard. My hands were bleeding.
Jamie: They just kept bringing bushels and bushels of arrows.
Kellie: I was like, "Are these arrows ever going to run out?" But as long as they were bringing them I was going to be shooting them. I'm surprised I didn't catch myself on fire, I shot so many.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting=%7B3436CC5A-559A-450D-8F1D-52A5DD3EAD18%7D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
I'm going to compile some links so we don't have to go looking all over the place

these sites had the sneakpeaks for EP3 ( Ticket Agent )
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/826/826377/vids_1.html
http://tv.yahoo.com/
http://www.tv.com/the-amazing-race/show/6686/videos.html
found another one on MSN
http://tv.msn.com/tv/realitytv

these links have the promos for the following weeks
AOL Website
or
http://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aoltelevision/2006/cbs/race2aol_460.wmv ( insert 3 for 2 etc race3aol_ )
http://www.sprintenterprise.com/amazingrace/
At the end of Survivor13 achieved episodes on innertube

You can download full episodes here  , sort of a youtube dealio
VEOH Beta ( Tried it and love it ! )
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e1211727Px62cCm   ( EP1 )
http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e124857bAp6gcP3 ( EP2)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 03:57:27 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2006, 01:23:40 AM »
Duke & Lauren interview:

Race's first gay casualty
By Neal Broverman

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid37089.asp

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2006, 10:23:55 PM »
Good interview  :tup:

Exclusive The Amazing Race Interview: Duke and Lauren
We talk with the father/daughter team about their experiences on the race.
by Staci Krause 
IGN TV: Which teams did you form friendships with?

Lauren: We really formed friendships with every team. In our way, I would say that we became very close with Peter and Sarah, especially on the train ride to Mongolia. We had shared a sleeper cabin with them.

Duke: Spend sixteen hours with somebody, you are bound to get close to them.

Lauren: But we also got very close with David Jr. and Mary, and Tom and Terry, and Jamie and Kelly, and Alabama. We got close on many levels.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/736/736877p1.html
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:28:58 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2006, 10:32:56 PM »
Hi guys--thanks for all the great links!

Does anyone know--if you don't have a Sprint phone--is there ANY WAY to get "The Mat Chats"?  I'm missing my Phil....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2006, 10:36:05 PM »
 :'( georgiapeach , it just sucks ..I have Cingular.
You probably already know sprint gives you some teasers but not everything.

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/amazingrace/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2006, 10:40:53 PM »
Another Duke & Lauren interview

The Amazing Race’s Amazing Father/Daughter Team
by Robert Urban, October 4, 2006

Last Sunday on CBS’ globe-spanning, Emmy Award-winning reality show, The Amazing Race, father/daughter team Duke and Lauren Marcoccio were the last team to reach a rice paddy in Vietnam and were eliminated from the competition. Though The Amazing Race has featured openly gay contestants before (most famously, Lance Bass’ boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, who won The Amazing Race 4 with his former partner, Chip Arndt), Lauren was the show’s first openly lesbian contestant.

Lauren and her father underwent a difficult time in their relationship when she came out to him, and together they entered The Amazing Race with the shared hope that it would, according to the show’s official website, “help them to rebuild their relationship and recapture the closeness they once shared.” AfterEllen.com spoke with the pair shortly after their elimination from the show.

more here
http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2006/10/amazingrace.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2006, 01:12:41 AM »
Laying odds on this season's ‘Amazing Race’
Former junkies, coal miner and wife, beauty queens still fighting

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15147539/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »
I see we have a new writer doing Amazing Race recaps ! Welcome aboard Scott !! Great recap ! Thank you !!  :yess:

The Amazing Race 13x04: I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!       
Written by Scott     
Monday, 09 October 2006 
Teams travel to Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, and learn that rowing boats is the hardest thing of all. Plus Sarah has to decide which foot to stick up Peter's ass: the soft one, or the metal one.

by Scott Schrantz

http://www.realityfanforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=289&Itemid=2

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »
Peter & Sarah on the Early Show
link in realone.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2006, 02:48:56 PM »
Q: How long does "The Amazing Race" actually take? 3 weeks? A month?    —Nicole

A: It depends upon the season. Because the route varies every year, so does the length of time that the teams take to circumnavigate the globe.

The first season of “The Amazing Race” was filmed over 39 days, just like “Survivor.” Season three took 29 days. The family edition, season eight, reportedly was filmed over just three weeks and three days.

Ultimately, though, the actual production takes about a month.

However, team members have talked about being away from their lives for about two months. In part, that’s because they’re sequestered before the race, possibly for a week or more before they’re even cast. And they don’t just go home when they’re eliminated, instead traveling to an undisclosed location to vacation until they show up to line the path to the finish line.    —A.D.

link:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15109595/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2006, 10:38:38 AM »
Sarah & Peter interview @ IGN:
Amazing Race Exclusive Interview: Peter & Sarah
The eliminated team talks about their relationship, the race, and what team they had the most conflict with.
by Eric Goldman
 October 24, 2006 - This week saw Peter & Sarah, one of the season's most noteworthy teams, eliminated from The Amazing Race 10. While fans were inspired by Sarah's determination, as she took part in the race with a prosthetic leg, it was impossible not to note that Peter & Sarah were falling apart as a couple as the race progressed. Peter earned the scorn of many, who felt he wasn't respectful of Sarah and was often dismissive of her.

By the time Peter & Sarah were eliminated, it seemed their time as a couple was over, with Sarah saying that she'd learned a lot of new things about Peter throughout the race, and they didn't seem to mark him as the right guy for her.

We spoke to the team, who have been friends and fellow Ironman competitors for seven years, to see what their current status is and what they could tell us about their time on The Amazing Race.

IGN TV: It looked like they didn't have you actually complete the detour.

Sarah: I think it was a matter of, at that point, it was dark and it was clear that we were so far back. I don't know logistically some of the stuff, but we don't really know what goes on. But I know that one of the tasks did close, because the market closed.

IGN TV: On the very first episode, we saw Lyn and Karlyn express some anger towards you guys, including over you getting to board a plane first. Were you aware of that during the race, or did you learn about it watching the show?

Sarah: Well Karlyn was never really nice to us, ever. It was the sort of behavior where at the pit stop, you'd congratulate the other racers, and say, "Good job. Well done today." And you would say that to her, and she wouldn't even acknowledge you. Wouldn't even smile, wouldn't even say, "Oh hey, thanks." Just wouldn't even talk to you. So I knew there was something about me that she didn't like.

Peter: She's just jealous. We outran her to the forbidden city. It really pissed her off. I don't know if you knew this, but they finished second. Sarah and I went just running by them in the final stretch and I think she was always a little bit embarrassed, because Sarah outran her. You know, we used the disabled card and she used the race card.

IGN TV: Do you think you outrunning her established her negative feelings?

Sarah: I think she's just kind of that negative person, actually, watching how she's treated a lot of the other racers, not just me. It's like, I think she sort of lost perspective. Look, it's a race. It's a game. We're gonna play all the cards we have. And here's the thing: I don't ask for extra time credit, because it's harder for me to do a physical task, you know? So if I can get an edge somewhere, I gotta take it! Because I'm working harder. And look, boarding a plane early or whatever, that doesn't give us a huge time advantage. It's about getting your bags in a good placement, so you know they're right ahead of you, so you can get off the plane and rock.

Peter: I think what sums up Karlyn is when you saw Dustin cut her leg and end up getting like eight stitches in Vietnam. Karlyn was very happy and was glad that Dustin actually cut her leg and she saw that she was bleeding. There's a big difference of cutting someone in line or using a disabled thing to get on a plane and board early, to being malicious and being happy someone was physically hurt. And I think that shows Karlyn's true colors.

IGN TV: You said you felt she used the race card. Can you give an example of that?

Peter: You know, there's nothing that you see in the show for the most part, as of right now. But it's very evident that she uses that.

IGN TV: Of the teams left in the race, who were you rooting for the most?

Peter: I'm rooting for Dustin & Kandice. The other teams are all aligning, like Rob & Kim are following James & Tyler, and I literally mean following them. And the rest of them -- Kentucky, Alabama and the Cho Brothers -- are all working together, because they're not strong individually, but they're strong as a group. I have a lot of respect for Dustin & Kandice, because they're running their own race, and they're very smart, they're aggressive, and they're physically strong. I have a lot of respect for solid competitors, that don't rely on anybody.

Sarah: I have to say that the Barbies really are running an impressive race, and I think that there haven't been two women in the final round. And so they are certainly showing the world how strong a duo like them can be, and it's impressive to see.

IGN TV: Well, there's been a lot of rumors about an All-Stars season.

Sarah: You never know, and you keep the hope alive.

more here ..........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »
Nice site , all the Amazing Race 10 episodes are "youtube'd" in order .

http://joctv.com/

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2006, 07:28:56 PM »
Thanks for the link, Puddin. It's better than the usual web quality. JocTV is run out of Manila, so it might be a while before the CBS lawyers find them and beat up on them; as for AXN, I'm not so sure... :hlol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »
Okay, I know I've asked before. BUT...

Is there not ANY way some of you techies out there with Sprint could figure out how to share the "Mat Chats" with those of us who don't have Sprint? That's one of the most frustrating parts of this season for me--and who ever approved that should be strangled with a telephone cord!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
Mary & David on the Early Show
Mary & David stayed with Terry in NY over the weekend..lol. They said people recognized them in NY. Mostly they talk about Mary's big heart ,,its really sweet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2006, 11:35:15 PM »
Map News
I'll put this here for now because there's no tech thread where we can gab about maps, search engines, video codecs, etc. A9 maps, the maps with street-level photos that we used in TARFE, is kaput. The guy that created the drive-by photo spreads now works for Google, so there's some speculation that Google may incorporate such stuff in the future. And on the topic of Google competition, Windows live local, apparently not satisfied with the "bird's eye view" feature, now has 3d modeling of major cities (separate download; open up WLL and you should see a link in the sidebar).
I'll file this under "you've got to be kidding." I took the feature for a test drive. WRP, check; Hollywood sign, check; when I looked at Grauman's Chinese I noticed a glitch. Tilting the camera back revealed a giant virtual billboard for a December movie called Eragon.  :groan:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2006, 10:48:36 PM »
Yahoo Beta tv listings .. nice reference for the Amazing Race

The Amazing Race 10
Show Description, Cast & Crew
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/39815/castcrew

Casting:
 Erika Landin Casting Associate  :cmas13

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »
Yahoo Beta tv listings .. nice reference for the Amazing Race

The Amazing Race 10
Show Description, Cast & Crew
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/39815/castcrew

Casting:
 Erika Landin Casting Associate  :cmas13

she casted tyler and james. and aras from s12. i hate her casting because shes so bad at it. cbssssss get rid of her

Offline dokus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2006, 04:44:25 AM »
Didn't she cast Duke and Lauren aswell?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »
According to this article, Lauren is a crossover from the Survivor applicant pool; I don't know if Erika was personally involved.