Author Topic: Chris May Join "Fuel"  (Read 4096 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Chris May Join "Fuel"
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
(this includes a blurb about Chris being offered to join the band "Fuel")

Thanks to Yahoo News-Entertainment

"Idol" Shaves Off Chris
By Sarah Hall

Chris Daughtry ain't nothing but a former American Idol contestant--for now.

In a voting result that stunned viewers, judges and contestants alike, the 26-year-old rocker from North Carolina was sent home Wednesday, following an     Elvis Presley-themed performance episode.

Daughtry was favored by many to go all the way. After his performance of Presley's "Suspicious Minds" Tuesday,     Paula Abdul confidently told him, "See ya in the finals!"

But Simon Cowell called his second song, a cover of The King's "A Little Less Conversation," "flat" and "not as good as the first."

When it came time to reveal the results, Katharine McPhee and Daughtry found themselves in the bottom two, while Taylor Hicks and Elliot Yamin safely slipped through to the next round.

Jaws dropped when host Ryan Seacrest announced it was Daughtry who would be packing his bags. Screams of "no!" and loud boos erupted from the audience, as the ousted singer admitted he was surprised by the result.

Daughtry had reason to believe he would go the distance in the competition.

Online betting site PinnacleSports.com predicted he would be the winner, while ScreenSavers.com revealed his mug was downloaded to fan computers five times more often than those of his fellow contestants.

But, apparently, people were too busy downloading and placing bets on the odds-on favorite to take the time to call in the votes needed to keep him on the show.

With only McPhee, Yamin and Hicks left in the running, the competition is winding down. One of the final three will be named the next American Idol on May 24.

Meanwhile, Daughtry wasn't discouraged by his loss.

"There's gonna be a flooding of opportunities, I can't really talk about them," he said Thursday. "I'm going to use this to launch my career."

One band has already expressed interest in giving the singer a job.

The members of Fuel appeared on Extra Thursday and gave Daughtry a shout-out.

"Chris, if you?re watching," guitarist Carl Bell said, "we've talked about this before, if you wanna entertain it again, we'll entertain it again and go!"

The band offered Daughtry an added incentive.

"Chris, you won't have to do any Elvis songs if you come to Fuel, bro--they're no more!" Bell said. "You won?t have to do that."

No word on whether Daughtry plans to accept the band's offer. For now, he will spend the summer perfoming with the other top 10 Idol finalists on the American Idols Live 2006 tour, which kicks off July 6.

Nuala

Re: Chris May Join "Fuel"
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »
Well, that is one CD I won't be buying.  I do not like Fuel.  They scream....not sing.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: Chris May Join "Fuel"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »
Well, that is one CD I won't be buying.  I do not like Fuel.  They scream....not sing.

Who knows...with Chris it might be better!!!  ;D
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~