Author Topic: American Idol Retraction  (Read 4877 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
American Idol Retraction
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:33:37 AM »
I posted a special American Idol retraction on the news page. If you want to see who I have retracted my comments on.
www.realityfanforum.com

Roba and Trevor, this had better be on your podcast! LOL  :waves:
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Retraction
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:09:17 AM »
April 26, 2006
Exec Producer Reveals 'Idol' Surprises to TVWeek
By Adam Silver
"American Idol" tonight will break from tradition, for the first time naming the two contestants who received the most votes from viewers. Normally, the audience only is told which participants received the fewest votes from viewers.

The show's executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, announced the change in this week's edition of "Executive Briefing" with TelevisionWeek Publisher Chuck Ross. Mr. Lythgoe said Tuesday's episode this week produced the series' third-highest number of audience votes, trailing the vote total of two finale shows.

"American Idol," currently in its fifth season, has helped propel Fox television network to a first-place tie with ABC among TV viewers age 18 to 49 season to date.

In this week's "Executive Briefing," Mr. Lythgoe revealed who was his favorite contestant of the evening, who had to change songs and what viewers can look forward to next week. http://www.tvweek.com/executiveBriefing.cms

"American Idol" will air on Fox at 9 p.m. (ET) and feature a performance by world-renowned tenor Andrea Bocelli.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 05:16:51 AM »
for the first time naming the two contestants who received the most votes from viewers.
  Gee, about time they did that.  I've been wondering why they didn't tell who got the most votes before now!!  ???

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 07:17:52 AM »
They don't watn to showcase the two top performers unless it the same two that FOX has slated to win.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 08:20:33 PM »
Oy!  I just have a hard time believing the NETWORK is in control of who wins!!  This is AMERICAN Idol, not FOX Idol for petes sake.   :groan:  :-\

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 05:47:31 PM »
America still votes, but Fox knows how to manipulate the audience. The target audience IS impressionable teens.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 10:59:40 PM »
Well said jeff.  Enjoyed your article and totally agree with you.  Fox knows who they want to win.  I wasn't able to play the audio on who Nigels favourite is.  Did anyone listen to it?

I totally agree that FOX manipulates who they want to win.  I agree with everything Jeff is saying, just look at who and how they critique some of the performances.  I still remember the year Ruben Studdard won.  The last couple of performances his voice was starting to suffer from all the strain of singing and the judges had nothing but good things to say even though he was pitchy, etc. (I found it strange at the time).  And in my opinion Clay outsang Ruben the night of the final and gave us all chills with his version of Bridge over trouble waters.  If Chris is their chosen one to take it all this year, I totally agree and I really enjoy his singing, his good looks, his "it" factor and I will buy his cd.   :hearts: :hearts:So fox put that as a sale. ka ching.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 01:51:20 AM »
Ok folks, I concede!  :groan:   This IS my first season to watch AI, so that's a good excuse, eh?  :lol3: 
I'm not surprised Fox would manipulate, but I just thought America has the final say in it. 
Oh yeh...my name is actually "Kellie" !!   :lol:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 07:22:20 AM »
Don't sweat it, as I say America does have the final say, but if they are easily swayed then they will just vote for who Fox wants. If they are not easily swayed they will vote for who deserves it.

Hmmm, maybe VFTW would have more fans if they changed their name to VFWDI - Vote For Who Deserves It.