Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86666 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
While its true that Ray and Yolanda (especially at this stage of the race) are both navigationally challeneged, Dani and Danielle also made series errors and mistakes in every leg that they didn't have to drive in.

This was I am sure in large part due to fatigue (and this teams admits that they were exceedingly tired all the time).  Ray and Yolanda seemed to handle this aspect of the race much better then they did.

I think this and the navigation factor really spelled the end of this team very early on.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
screencaps coming........... finish is Denver /RedRocks !!!!!!!!

Better resolution here , thanks to banzai's video !!

NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil : Two hour season finale. .
Jeremy ( on ride ) :Lets get it AWWNNNNNNN
Phil : It's the home stretch. anybody's game
Ray: we gotta catch the hippies & the frat girls
Eric : Hope the hip hippies are ready for a race ...
Phil: From the exotic far east
Tyler: wow this is incredible
**Oh wow ..This is intense **
Phil: to frigid North America
BJ? : I'm nothing but skin bones and attitude
Phil: every mistake could be their last.
Ray: Huh?
E/J voiceover : just lost our lead on everbody , dang it .
BJT: could we get on that flight?
Airport lady: sorry its full already
BJT : Oh my God ..I really just made a mistake .
Jeremy : were not far off from the million $$
BJT running .......: BJ ,We could win this !!
Phil: be there at the finish line
Ray: were good now , we got a chance
?? BJT or E/J ? running ? coming  for you Philllllllllllllll ( cant make it out ? my close caption didnt pick it up )
Phil: to see who wins the Amazing Race

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:25:24 PM by puddin »

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
E/J: Just lost our lead on everybody. Dang it.
This looks like another instance of not getting a taxi right away.

E/J confessional tonight looked like it was filmed in a Japanese garden, while the other two didn't. We're they filmed in Thailand?

We saw all teams running near Red Rocks right? So I don't think there will be a Guido edit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
The coaster is located in the Five Lakes region of Japan.

Yamanashi Prefecture

One of the most visited places in the Yamanashi prefecture is Mt. Fuji, Japan's highest and most famous peak. The northern half of Mt. Fuji is located in Yamanashi. Also frequently visited is the Fuji Five Lakes Region, which is located at the foot of Mt. Fuji. The names of the five lakes are: Kawaguchi, Yamanaka, Sai, Shoji and Motosu. In this area, people like to go hiking, camping, and fishing. There is also a popular amusement park there, Fujikyu Highlands. It has one of the highest roller coasters in the world, Fujiyama.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:38:55 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
It looks to me like all the teams are bunched up at the ice drilling task, so I think the deciding factor will be the flight to Denver.

Also I've never had any luck posting images but there are shots of both E/J and BJ/T running through a Red Rocks at the same place, and then one of R/Y in a different spot. Is this at Red Rocks (anyone?) and if so is it before or after the spot the other two were filmed at? If it is before it means R/Y got dropped off further away from the pit stop for some reason. (Sorry if I am rambling but I am excited about the finale and hopped up on cold medication)

Puddin posted the images I'm talking about below.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:46:10 PM by Traegen »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chateau, I had the themepark named in tonights live thread but you beat me with pics. They must have to ride more than one coaster because the one Jeremy is on has a high head rest. I think it's this one -- it shoots up a tunnel.  It's called Dodonpa.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:47:45 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
If this is near Redrocks did RaYo get mugged ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Here is one that is shown in the promo at the same park:  Pizza-La?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Now I'll ride any coaster in the world but you won't catch me on that! I call those spin and puke rides.  :holdbreath:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Puddin,  You can't tell from your vidcaps but I believe that E&J arrive before BJ&T.

Look where BJ & T's taxi parks.  I would think that if they arrived before E&J you would see their taxi's tire tracks in E&J's vid clip.  I couldn't spot the tracks while replaying the preview on my TV or PC.  Of course, it may just be the camera angle.

As for Ray and Yolanda, we just don't have enough info.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Tunnel ride

Sups! you put these up already!  I was just digging blindly.   :doh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:06:06 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
Could the ice drilling in the Alaska previews be something to do with ice fishing??  BTW does anyone know how many flights are Alaska to Denver?? I recall many teams having a stopover in Seattle in previous seasons.
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This should be the way they get to the Fujikyu Highlands park.  Chuo Line

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Puddin,  You can't tell from your vidcaps but I believe that E&J arrive before BJ&T.

Look where BJ & T's taxi parks.  I would think that if they arrived before E&J you would see their taxi's tire tracks in E&J's vid clip.  I couldn't spot the tracks while replaying the preview on my TV or PC.  Of course, it may just be the camera angle.

Agreed we need higher resolution vidcaps ( please banzai ? anyone? )
Honest at this point I don't care who wins , as long as  Moanica did not  ! I love all these teams ...best final 3 evah  :jumpy:

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
If this is near Redrocks did RaYo get mugged ?

Rayo will be mugged in Japan, and Hippippies will have a advantage going to Japan [what the race hasnt given them enough chances and advantages]

EJ time looks alot darker, now i thought they arrived in Denver early morning [i might be wrong though] and that dark would mean early morning meaning EJ were in the first [if thats not the finish] or if it is the finsih it shows they won, other wise if they arrive in Denver late EJ are in last at that point.  Also i dont know why EJ would be carrying their bags though so that might point they know they lost. 

Now personally i am totally rooting for RAYO total underdogs and this will really show how the yield really does change the whole entire game [and really should be removed]

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!

Honest at this point I don't care who wins , as long as  Moanica did not  ! I love all these teams ...best final 3 evah  :jumpy:

Ugg really i really have felt no connection with any of the teams, i am totally rootless, i just dont want EJ to win becuase of their "no work" additude and their money will go to waste. 

and the darker in EJ picture comes from watching it back on tape not from that screen cap

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
There is a cluebox where the taxi stops.  So that means they get out and read there and then run onward toward the camera.  So those taxis could be other team's taxis just arriving.  I think there could be exit tracks in the snow of the taxi that brought BJ&T.   :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
In the video E&J are hardly rushing , they are sorta shuffling their feet, either they know they are in the lead or know they are already beat like you said never ..if anyone has better pictures I'll open my photobucket to them   :-* all you have to do is ask .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Back to Japan.

The Tokaido Shinkansen, connecting Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka, was inaugurated in the year 1964 as the first shinkansen line and the world's first high speed train. In 1964 the trains already run with speeds of about 200 km/h. Nowadays they reach speeds of over 300 km/h.

I'm now thinking it its the Tokaido Shinkansen since that is a Bullet Train and Chuo does not look too fast.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

This traffic light belongs in Bangkok, unless Japan has them too.

I think the flight BJ/Tyler can't get on is in Bangkok's airport.

Will hop off to find some evidence now...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:52:28 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Guys, I think the flight BJ/Tyler can't get on is in Bangkok's airport.

Will hop off to find some evidence now...
right they dont have the Parkas yet !!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:54:36 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

:waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
banzai to the rescue........... pm on the way

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I always get so excited at the final previews. :jumpy:

Teams leave at night, note the Thai flags waving at the back.

Yep, it's Bangkok's Don Muang Airport! (For those searching, remember that Bangkok now has a new airport, which was not open when the teams raced there.) The counter advertises the (relatively new, since 1 May 2005) Bangkok-New York non-stop flight.

And...

Well, there's a boat ramp on Lake Kawaguchi. Could this be the mid-finale Pit Stop?

JH stands for Japan Highway. I guess they drive to the Fuji area from Tokyo?

The first line reads... "Today's..." I can't pick out the rest... Not very useful, this one. Emporis hunters for the buildings, anyone?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:28:37 PM by Neobie »