Author Topic: May 14, 2006: Survivor: Panama---The Final Showdown  (Read 16260 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
May 14, 2006: Survivor: Panama---The Final Showdown
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »
EPISODE GUIDE 
SHOW TITLE:  Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island 
EPISODE:  The Final Showdown 
CATEGORY:  Reality 
CHANNEL:  3 [KYW] 
DATE / TIME:  May 14: 8:00PM 

Episode Detail: Survivor: Panama---Exile Island 
 The castaways are reduced to two finalists who are then questioned by the seven-member jury before they vote for the winner. Jeff Probst is the host.
Reunion
The winner is revealed as the 16 castaways reunite in New York City, where they are questioned by host Jeff Probst.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:42:52 PM by puddin »

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: May 14, 2006: Survivor: Panama---Exile Island Finale
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:52:37 PM »
OMG, it will be over in almost 2 weeks??  Doesn't seem possible!  :o  Whatever will we do til next season?   :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: May 14, 2006: Survivor: Panama---Exile Island Finale
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:51:17 PM »
Watch BB AllStars of course  :jumpy:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: May 14, 2006: Survivor: Panama---The Final Showdown
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:18:38 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »
Great Vidcaps ROB ! If Cirie wins this challenge then we still have chance for ChiilOnes spoiler final 2 Terry /Aras with Terry to win  :woohoo: , I can dream can't I ?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:28:14 PM »
Sorry about the pictures looking a little weird. They are my fault, and not a CBS digitization! LOL

Here are some more. I think Cirie wins:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
 Rob, have I told you lately.........:yourock: :ron:

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:05:23 PM »
I bet Cirie does win the fire fight off, we saw a lot of Danielle feeling very confident, CBS's way of  making us believe she will win.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 09:45:44 PM »
Terry and Danielle didn't play it very smart; they had control in their hands but blew it.  First off Aras and Cirie would vote together and since they "knew" that Terry had the individual immunity idol they would not vote for him but would cast their two votes for Danielle.  Terry should have been smart enough to figure that there was no way that those two would "waste" their votes on him since he would just use his immunity after the vote and since Danielle and Terry would vote for Cirie, they had to vote for Danielle. So to control the outcome, Terry should have given the immunity idol to Danielle and when the final vote was revealed as two votes for Danielle and two votes for Cirie, Danielle would pull out the immunity idol and since Cirie was the only other person with votes, she would be going to sequesterville tonight.

The only thing that Terry might have been thinking is that Danielle could not be absolutely trusted (she turned on him before) and might spill the plot to the others and then the three would gang up on poor defenseless Terry.

So now with Cirie looking like she is winning the trial by fire, the only thing that will get Terry into the final two is for him to win the Individual Immunity next week.  Aras and Cirie are thick as thieves and will go to the final two together.  Then Aras wins in a cakewalk.

Offline Tyler1991

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 11:27:02 PM »
I don't know what to believe on this. Part of me thinks ChillOne may be right which would have Danuielle winning the challenge..Part of me thinks Cirie wins...Maybe Cirie just got a quick fire...flash..got it up quick but it won't hold long enough to break the rope unless it's real thin..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 11:34:22 PM »
I was just hoping Dorito , I really want Terry in the final 2 but odds are Danielle wins the fire challenge , 2 spoilers don't have Cirie in the final 3 so my guess is Aras wins over Danielle close vote 4-3 .
Really my heart wants Terry to win *sigh*.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 12:50:08 AM »
Thanks Rob, those are great pictures.  Cirie's fire definitely looks higher and does she win it?

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 09:56:20 AM »
Cirie's fire looks higher but in the second vid caps that Rob posted, it looks like Danielle gets her fire going and maybe her's just reached her rope enough to burn it...hm..maybe?

It's in my heart to want Terry to win also, that would be awesome.
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 10:00:28 AM »
I was wondering about the fire .... I think they are showing us Cirie looking like she wins because fans LOVE Cirie.  Like someone mentioned above I think Cirie's fire jumps up be does not stay big and hot long enough to burn through the rope.  Danielle was being coached by Terry and he is looking after himself so I think he told her good tricks.  

I think terry was still mad she did not stick with him so that is why he did not give her the idol.  Plus for him she came to him when she knew she was out...not before so now she has to earn it.  

For and aras/danielle fianl 2 this must mean Aras wins the final challenge and takes D.   I can nto see danielle taking aras as she knows he will get all of Casaya's votes.

man did you see Courtney rooting and praying for Danielle to lose.  And Shane had no reaction.  Wodner if Terry will sway his former tribe mates to vote for D?

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »
I think if Danielle won the final immunity challenge she should take Terry because there are less of his old tribemates on the jury and she'd have more votes.
oXo Justine

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
One thing to point out about Danielle's fire:  it looks like she has constructed the sticks so that they touch the rope.  Or they come so close to it.  That would be cheating. 

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 10:41:23 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »
 :snics: what are you going to do about it amikino ? call the Whammbulanceeeeeeeeeee !
Aras to win the $$$$$, thats my story & I'm sticking with it , yeah the preview of Cirie with the higher fire gave me a spark of hope for Cirie but I'm over that ....it was so for the meant for the average viewer because everyone likes Cirie as Texan said above , and they want you to stay tuned on Sunday .

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 11:40:49 AM »
AMINKO !!   :hrt:    :waves:

Well Jeff just said that you had stuff to create your fire, not real rules.  Is that really sticks in D's pic or jsut smoke and the pic looks funny, I keep goign back and forth.

You are true about D might take Terry ~ she may do this witht he defense that Aras was going to vote her out more then once and she made a final 2 pact at final 4 and Aras and Cirie did not talk to her.   I think Aras will hold a grudge if she does.  We know she will not get courtney's vote. 

I think if she takes Terry she will lose.

Terry ~ Sally, Austin, Cortney and Bruce (will respect the game play)

Danielle ~ Shane, cirie and Aras  ~ the last two are iffy

Bruce could be the deciding vote...will he stick with casya  and they have been showing him respecting Terry's game play but had to stay with and alliance?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »
TDT ~

Jury vote: Aras vs. Danielle 
On to the most important question: Who wins the million dollars?
Answer: One of Aras or Danielle. But beyond that, we have no idea.

So... on to the guessing. CBS has claimed (in the ad for Thursday's penultimate show): "Don't miss the stunning, surprise finale." Honestly, would anybody be surprised if Aras won? We think not, although maybe they're hoping people will be surprised if Terry comes in third.

For most of the season, we thought Aras would win. And indeed, we do have one fairly solid tip that suggests he ought to be the favorite. And maybe he actually is. But along the way, we've been struck by how the editing has consistently seemed to undercut Aras's abilities as a leader, while highlighting Danielle's ability to turn votes around, and/or affect the outcome of votes (booting Bobby, turning down Terry's hidden idol overtures). So we'll play along. If the Survivor editing team wants us to think Danielle might have a chance, here's a a heap of hand-waving arguments as to why Danielle might win:

The boots from Courtney on have been tied to the following/preceding boots by fights: Courtney fought with Shane, his boot followed hers. Cirie wanted to mess up Shane's plans, and backstabbed him: Cirie followed Shane out. Cirie also wanted to interfere with Terry, and fought with him at the start of Ep13: Terry (F3) follows her (F4). And the late post-merge focus has been on fights between Aras and Terry. Logically, Aras should thus follow Terry, leaving Danielle to claim the million.

Then there's the Exile Island shot at right. Note the water has been false-colored green. That's because it's meant to represent the order of the final three finishers, by original tribe. At the bottom (3rd place) is La Mina orange (Terry). Next is Viveros green (Aras, 2nd place). And on top, emerging through the clouds: the clear skies shining Bayoneta blue (Danielle, 1st place).

We have no idea how the jury votes will come down, although we think it's fairly likely that Courtney will vote for Aras, and Bruce for Danielle. The rest could go either way.

Is there anything to all this drivel? Probably not. We'll be rooting for a Danielle win, because it would be more interesting. Do we know that happens? Nope. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 11:49:03 AM »
:snics: what are you going to do about it amikino ? call the Whammbulanceeeeeeeeeee !
Aras to win the $$$$$, thats my story & I'm sticking with it , yeah the preview of Cirie with the higher fire gave me a spark of hope for Cirie but I'm over that ....it was so for the meant for the average viewer because everyone likes Cirie as Texan said above , and they want you to stay tuned on Sunday .

Color me wicked. I am so hoping for Cirie to lose this. I'm really pulling for Terry but I don't have much hope there. (Given my record though that might NOT be a good thing. Maybe I should root for Aras.)  :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:57:51 AM »
I believe however, that if Cirie wins the fire starting challenge, then I believe that Terry/Aras are F2. Neither one of them would be dumb enough to take the most likeable person to the F2 with them (Cirie).

Just my input, maybe dumb!! LOL

Rob

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »
Lots and lots of cBees misdirection being poured upon the fire.  Later clip shown last night has danielle's fire getting bigger and stronger than Cirie's although if you only saw the first clip you would surely believe that Cirie won in a walkover.  Not so.  Danielle wins when her fire stays up longer and burns through the rope.

Final Immunity Challenge looks like a two parter.  Danielle falls out in whatever the first part is.  We only see Aras and Terry attacking some kind of climbing wall, but there are only two tracks shown: blue and yellow.  Clip has Aras in the lead then slipping back down behind Terry, but he hangs on at the last minute while terry is having trouble moving his sticks up the wall.  My guess here is that Aras wins and takes fair Danielle along knowing that she has many non-friends on the jury.

My guess on the vote:  5 to 2 in favor of Aras.

Offline gliX

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 03:29:55 PM »
What are the chances of Terry being in the final 2?  He better beeee.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 05:09:17 PM »
Rob, your input is not dumb at all! I was thinking the same thing.
oXo Justine