Author Topic: FINAL FIVE: Who Goes Home?  (Read 13900 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
FINAL FIVE: Who Goes Home?
« on: April 29, 2006, 04:43:57 AM »
 Wow, I wish all five could be winners!!   :hearts:  Kat & Taylor are still my Favs, yet I was impressed with Elliott last week.   

Ok, I'm guessing that Paris will go home next based upon the betting stats that puddin posted here:
  http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8284.new#new

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: FINAL FIVE: Who Goes Home?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:31:59 AM »
I picked Paris too :waves:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »
Same here.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Mo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »
I picked Paris too -- it's not that I think she is less talented, but I think she is less of a fan favorite than the others.

BTW - does anyone know the theme for this week?  Sorry if it is posted someplace and I missed it.   I didn't see it. 

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »
your all wrong. HaHa

it will be Taylor and his funky moving arse  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

PenguinsDance

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »
I HOPE it's Taylor, but it could be anyone.  It's going to be a difficult week with 2 songs each.  They better 'bring it' this week.   ;)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »
They sing two songs this week. One from the week they were born, and one that is in the top charts this week. No guest performer though.

Offline Mo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 07:06:56 PM »
They sing two songs this week. One from the week they were born, and one that is in the top charts this week. No guest performer though.

Thanks Jeffrey!  That shoulld be interesting.  That means we get a couple of songs from the late 70's, and the rest from the 80's.  Paris is what -- 16 or 17, so hers should be around 1989. 

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »
I picked Paris to go home.  Who is helping her choose her songs?  She is a very good singer but her song choices are for an older crowd and I think she is too young to sing them.  Did her mother tell her to sing that Barbara Streisand song??  I think she picks songs too old for her.  Hopefully with her being in the bottom two last week woke her up that good vocals doesn't mean votes if you pick songs that the fans do not recognize or can relate to.  Paris remember which group has the most money to buy cd's each and every weekend!!  It is the teen group -- so find songs to impress them.!!!!!!

I call that they way they stood in their respective groups at last weeks results show is how they will finish for the season.  Katherine and Chris were in the first group that got the most votes and they should rightly be the F2.  And Chris is the rock and roller they need for their choice this year to be the final winner (I love him).  I think jeff mentioned something like that in his article about who the idol people decide they want to win.  They've done it every year but the first.

Elliott and Taylor were in the group that got the mid votes --Elliott will finish 3rd.  Taylor 4th.

Paris and Kelly were in the group that got the least amount of votes.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »
 :amen: Bathfizzy!  Very good advice for Paris!  :tup:   
Your evaluation of the finals sounds accurate.  I also like Chris, but really want Kat to win. Want Taylor to win too, but in all reality, he probably won't. 
I want CDs of all of the F4!   :woohoo:   

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 07:22:31 AM »
I too choose Paris as the next ouster from American Idol. While I think she is very talented, I agree she sings songs that are too old for her. It is probably the influence of her mother and grandmother, who were both professional singers.

I also think Paris doesn't control her powerful voice very well, and oversings most of her songs.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 02:43:26 PM »
I voted for Paris, I'm sure she has the lowest fan base. I do think this has been probably the best of all Idol seasons for people who can actually sing. (Well Chris can when he chooses... ok. gratuitous snide comment.)   :gva: :gva: :gva:

Look what I found today! mp3 files for the past 2 week's songs. http://www.wfxsfox55.com/interior_page.cfm?PageID=14.

I got em all including Chris' song from last week which really was pretty good.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »
cool site , thanks TL :yaya:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 03:41:25 AM »
Yeah TL!   :hearts:  THANKS for the link!  I just DL'd Taylor's Apr 19 performance.  :woohoo:  That was one of his best!  Can't wait to DL all my favs...not just Taylors! :hearts: 
So, after last night's performance, I'm still thinking Paris will be leave next.    She has a beautiful voice, but needs to sing songs that match her.  She's a sweet gal, but  :bye:
and Good Luck!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »
Welcome Rudy.  :hearts: :hearts:

I love Paris, but to my ear she always sings better in the rehearsal clips than in the actual performance. I don't know who actually picks her songs, but surely there are better ones she could choose which would show her powerful voice but also play to her age group, teenagers. (But what do I know!)  :umn: :umn: ???

Does it seem to anyone else that this year the arrangements for all the performances not just Paris have been dismal? Wrong key for some, and the orchestra overwhelms the singers.

I'm 75/25 that Paris will go, but it could be Elliott.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 09:46:39 PM »
We nailed that one guys & gals , Paris is out of the run .

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 09:57:47 PM »
Doesn't your heart just go out to most of them when it's "their time"?  :-\ They're all so talented...it's too bad there can't be 5 or 6 Top winners!!  But putting my emotions aside, I'm happy for the ones remaining and I'm still rooting for Kat n' Taylor!!  :woohoo: :jumpy: :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:29 PM »
Doesn't your heart just go out to most of them when it's "their time"?  :-\ They're all so talented...it's too bad there can't be 5 or 6 Top winners!!  But putting my emotions aside, I'm happy for the ones remaining and I'm still rooting for Kat n' Taylor!!  :woohoo: :jumpy: :hearts:

I'm with ya there. They all are talented. I'd love to see Kat and Taylor  in the final 2.  :please:  :cheer: :cheer:

I thought Kat had a sad look on her face tonight, not happy at all to be in the final 4, and I don't mean sad because Paris was leaving, just struck me as out of character for her.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »
Yeah, I saw the sad look on Kats face, but she's had it before when she's been in bottom 3.  I know they can be disappointed, but it's almost like she had a look like she's better then the others...a look like "I shouldn't be here...so and so should".  You know what I mean?  A superiority attitude.  I think she's very talented, but hope she isn't acting that way.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »
watch out RJ the Kat fans will pounce you...its happened to someone else already  :lol3: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 01:38:58 PM »
Not as badly as the Taylor fans. OY!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »
Yeah, I saw the sad look on Kats face, but she's had it before when she's been in bottom 3.  I know they can be disappointed, but it's almost like she had a look like she's better then the others...a look like "I shouldn't be here...so and so should".  You know what I mean?  A superiority attitude.  I think she's very talented, but hope she isn't acting that way.

LOL Cole..  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Actually I was wondering if she wasn't wishing she COULD go home. Not that I don't love her singing I do!  :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 01:42:19 PM »
Elvis next week

PARIS BENNETT IS ELIMINATED FROM THE “AMERICAN IDOL” COMPETITION TOP 4 FINALISTS WILL PERFORM SONGS BY “THE KING OF ROCK ‘N’ ROLL” -ELVIS PRESLEY- ON NEXT WEEK’S “AMERICAN IDOL” PERFORMANCE SHOW TUESDAY, MAY 9, ON FOX

Top 3 Finalists to be Revealed on May 10 Results Show

The AMERICAN IDOL phenomenon continues as more than 45 million votes were cast this week after the Top 5 finalists performed two songs – one from the year when they were born and the other from the Top-10 Billboard charts. Last night, it was revealed that Paris Bennett received the fewest votes after Tuesday’s performance show, ending her quest to become the next American Idol. Bennett, from Fayetteville, GA, sang “Kiss” and “Be Without You.” Next week, put on your blue suede shoes and don’t leave the building as the remaining four contestants each perform two songs by the original (Hound) Dog – Elvis Presley. To prepare, the finalists will travel to Graceland for an Elvis workshop with music mogul Tommy Mottola.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »
^ As was pointed out in my recap. Still available on the news page. www.realityfanforum.com

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

LOL Cole..  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Actually I was wondering if she wasn't wishing she COULD go home. Not that I don't love her singing I do!  :umn:

Actually no, I would LOVE to see her at least in the final 3.  She is VERY talented and have always thought so.  I was just saying that I hope she doesn't have a superiority attitude.  Not only can it turn the others off from her, but it can turn off the voting audience.  I hope you understand what I'm saying. ;)

Oh and BTW, I had picked Elliot and Paris to be in bottom 2 w/Paris leaving because I think Elliot is more talented.   :js:

For next week I'm going to predict Katharine and Taylor in the bottom 2.  Not that because I want them there...I really don't.  But Katharine has been there a couple times already and I think Elliot has grown alot recently and has picked up a bigger fan base then before.  But I could be wrong...we'll see. :js: