Author Topic: TOP 8-Who's Out the Door?  (Read 8579 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
TOP 8-Who's Out the Door?
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:50:40 AM »
 Ok, folks...you know the drill!  :umn: 
Since the number of remaining contestants is an even number, maybe they'll be broken down into TWO's this week? 
So let's vote for the bottom two!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: TOP 8-Who's Out the Door?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 06:07:14 AM »
I will continue hoping it is Bucky or Paris until they are gone!!!  (:;)  But in reality, unless Elliott knocks 'em dead this week, it could very well be him ...... unless I try and save him again!!!  :lol:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
^ I think it will be Paris this week. I can't see her doing a good Queen song, but then agian you'll have to wait till tomorrow for my review. ;)
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

PenguinsDance

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
Bucky has over-stayed his welcome.  He WILL be bottom 2 (or 3) with Paris, I hope.   :tup:  I wouldn't mind seeing Kellie in the bottom 2 (or 3) either.   :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:29:16 PM »
Chris ROCKED the house tonight  :jam:

PenguinsDance

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »
Did Katharine do well, too???    :please:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »
Did Katharine do well, too???    :please:

I thought she did. :) I was proud of her tonight!

And Kellie did great too! I love that gal. (Swimming against the tide!!)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:49:04 PM »
Kelly was alright but this to me was boys night " Queen " was hard for the girls I thought , also I thought Elliot was great too ...Ace was soso same goes for Taylor .
Chris gave me goosebumps and thats how I choose my fav  :lol:

PenguinsDance

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »
Thanks!!!   :jumpy:

As soon as everyone gets home we'll watch the TiVo.    ;D

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 10:54:28 PM »
Top Eight Review

Bucky Covington - Out of all the Genre's, I think this is the one for Bucky.  That being said, I think he did a good job tonight, but there was no 'spark' for me during the song. I have to agree with Simon, it was mediocre. Superstar material? Hmmmm, not so sure. **

Acy Young - Queen didn't seem to be very thrilled with Ace. Normally when I hear this song (even in a stadium filled with drunks) I 'feel' the song. Ace didn't make me feel that. The beat was about the only thing I liked. Randy says it was karaoke and Simon says it was a mess. I was thinking Simon would say it was horrible, and then I realized that's what I thought of it. Ace has to go, he's so full of B.S. it's laughable. *

Kelli Pickler - At first I thought Kellie would do a bad job on this song. After watching her performance I'd have to say I was wrong. Granted, she's one of the first to have some lighting effects that add to the visual of the song but after listening to the song without watching the TV I continue to believe she did a good job. She loves to play to the audience and the judges (Simon in particular). Again, Kellie has no idea what anyone is saying to/about her. She didn't understand what the phrasology "on paper" means? I'm getting so tired of the dumb act. I love how Simon gives up trying to explain that to her. She kind of reminds me of an emerging Jessica Simpson / Brittney Spears hybrid. (Hybrid = a combination of the two. Just in case Kellie happens to read this.) ***

Chris Doughtry - Chris sings a song not very familiar to many. In a last ditch effort by the producers they decide to spice the song up with lots of flashy lights. I'm not saying the song was bad, it was a very good song. I couldn't tell much wrong with it. Chris should still be around for quite a while. Randy actually has a good point here, maybe Chris didn't "entertain" us, but we need to listen to the singer and how well it is sung. Sorry Simon, have to disagree with you here. **

Katherine McPhee - Not a very bad song, though the beginning was very pitchy. But not to worry, she had some great lighting effects! I'm sure America will give her lighting effects many votes. After katherine settled down though, the song was very good and she ended supurbly. I hope in the weeks to come she picks up on her vocals because I loved her several weeks back, she needs to recapture that calmness and get over her nerves BEFORE the song begins, not during. **

Elliott Yamin - Another great song, though the lighting effects were not very great. Are they trying to make Elliott look Blah? The song really wasn't bad, but again it didn't thrill me either. **

Taylor Hicks -  Taylor is back to putting on a show for us. The song was okay and if I had to judge the performance on his singing along, I was not very entertained. But he gave depth to the song, from his erratic dancing to his mic stand kick (though he did finally get it down on his second attempt). I have to agree with Simon, I thought the rest of the performance was pretty ridiculous, but it did entertain me. I was waiting for Taylor to trip on the stairs as the cherry on top of the sundae. Say what you want about his singing, Taylor is back! **

Paris Bennett - Though I'll reserve my judgment for next week, it seems that Paris might be back as well. I was very impressed with this song. Paris puts on a good show and does a fantastic job singing. I would have to say I'm somewhat stymied by Simon's simple (I found it all a little weird). I think I know what Simon was trying to say. Paris seems to be a women trapped in a child's body. I think Paris wants to be more mature than she is. ***

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 11:06:51 PM »
thanks for doing this Jeff :yaya:
Elliott Yamin - Another great song, though the lighting effects were not very great. Are they trying to make Elliott look Blah? The song really wasn't bad, but again it didn't thrill me either
He didn't thrill me either but the song was a good choice for him.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 01:35:07 AM »
Jeff, thanks for the great reviews!  :jumpy: 

Chris, Paris and Kellie did the best, imo. They all really "got into" the songs and seemed the most relaxed of all.   Katharine did good, but agree she needs to "pick up on her vocals" and get back to her previous performances.  I wonder if the stress of it all is getting to her and hindering her from letting out all the stops!  I still love her and hope like crazy that she makes it to the F4! 
Same with Taylor.  I am still a big fan and loved that he danced around tonite with his song!
Puddin, Chris gave me goose bumps too!  :woohoo:  He was the best performer tonite!

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 05:44:59 PM »
I think that Bucky will go tonight, but I really wish Kellie would go.  She has offically become my "ROMBER"  I cant stand her.  Just my 2 cents.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Nuala

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
Well tonight is the night.  I am not sure who will go, but I thought Chris was terrible this week.  This was his week to shine and he did not imo.

Kelly surprised me.

Bucky was good.

Taylor was good, but he is my favorite.  He did not do well the two weeks before, so this was his come back.

Paris surprised me also.

I am thinking maybe Ace will go.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 08:44:58 AM »
Sure, the one week I don't mention my three, is the one week all thre are in the bottom three. I really called it this week. I knew that Elliott, Ace and Bucky would be bottom three and that Bucky would go home. Ace is still to well liked for him to go home, despite the fact that he did a bad song, and I hate his cokcyness.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 06:01:48 PM »
Simon thinks Paris will win ..says Ace's days a numbered .