Author Topic: Mandiva voted off  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
Mandiva voted off
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:26:44 AM »
Boy I was a little shocked at tonights voting.  I thought for sure Bucky was going to go.  Not Mandesa.  Wow and I had the bottom 3 all wrong. You can never tell with this show.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Mandiva voted off
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:55:53 AM »
I had chosen Bucky and Paris for the final three, but was unsure of the third. I was very surprised it was Mandessa, more shocked she was out.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »
I am shocked that Mandisa is gone also. I had her predicted for F3, along with Taylor and Chris. As always, she was very gracious!!!  :tup:

My daughter (who likes Mandisa) was mad at me, saying I was the one who saved Elliott, with my 100 or so votes for him!!!  :lol:

Offline Mr DJ25

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 07:52:13 AM »
Well let me just start by saying that America is a mess I dont understand what the problem is for the past 2 or 3 seasons America has placed the best contestants in the bottom 3 and it just doesnt make sense. I was shocked as well to see Mandissa go home last nite, but as someone previously metioned you just "NEVER KNOW" with that show. :groan:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:13:01 AM »
Unfortunately, when you give it to America to decide, the cute and attractive ones automatically get more votes. I think that sucks, but that's life. I was really pulling for Mandesa.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:37:25 AM by jeffreysg »

Offline username51

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »
It is a shame that talented singers don't make it without the looks.  But then again when you have the likes of Britney Spears that clearly lipsyncs at every live appearance it just makes you wonder if the people want real or manufactured talent.   ???

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »
It is a shame that talented singers don't make it without the looks.

Well, you can always work on your looks until you have a contract & put out a few records, and then just let yourself go, honey, right in the direction of the buffet table.  That's what I'd do. :junkee:

Move over, honey, and pass the meatballs, please! :beer2:
 Excuse me while I take out my false teeth, and take off my girdle, and my wig!

I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

PenguinsDance

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »
 :lol3:

Offline Mr DJ25

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 09:43:03 AM »
some people really just shouldnt respond but oh well.... ???

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »
Unfortunately, when you give it to America to decide, the cute and attractive ones automatically get more votes. I think that sucks, but that's life. I was really pulling for Mandesa.

I knew you could relate to Mandisa, Jeff....  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »
I can see how that would be funny.  :groan: ? ? ?

Bashful

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 02:31:45 PM »

I knew you could relate to Mandisa, Jeff....  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Pay him no attention, Jeff.   Cole is just jealous of you because you're more popular!   :-[
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:47:56 AM by Bashful »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 04:28:46 AM »
I was totally shocked that Mandisa had the lowest amount of votes.  Sucks!  She's not my fav, but still, she is good enough to stay longer.  Well, I wish her blessings and hope the experience will give her breaks to continue her singing. :tup:

Bashful

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 01:37:48 PM »

This is why I've always thought that this type of competition should be done on the RADIO or something, but definitely not on TV.  People are way too influenced by how someone looks.  If we are to vote for a SINGER, then let's just hear them sing.  We don't need to watch them perform, do we? 

OK, ok, I know that sounds very naive, and I have been called that a few times  :-[  , but I think you all understand what I mean.  Perhaps narrowing the field down to a few excellent singers, and then have them perform on stage for all to see. 

I just feel there should be a more "fair" way to do it right.  I know, I know....life isn't fair.   (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 03:00:28 AM »
My sentiments too, Bashful.  Mandisa is obviously a bit...uh...overweight to put it nicely.  So I've wondered if people are judging her on that.  If so, that is sooo wrong and totally UNfair.  She is a tremendous singer!!  :jumpy:  Also, I wonder if she is judged as "too religious"?? 

Instead of America voting,  have a panel of professional performers judge them, like Arsenio Hall's show (can't think of the name) that aired a year or two ago. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 02:40:23 PM »
I forgot to watch the time and didn't get to vote or Mandisa would have had a few more votes. I think that part of her problem is the hideous clothing the stylists put her in... those gawdawful jeans, two weeks in a row, then shooting her from the side and back. Ye gods!  ??? (Not to mention that HORRID striped top that they found somewhere...)

To make things worse she didn't pick the best songs for her wonderful voice and Simon did his thing. I love her voice, she will do well without AI.

I'm hoping Ace goes, I can't stand his sad dog eyes.. his pathetic playing to the camera.. that falsetto voice. Not tonight Ace.. PULEEEZEE!  However, sigh, it probably won't be him. Probably be Katherine or Bucky.  B:) B:) B:) B:)

(I can't wait for tonight!!)  :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 02:55:59 PM »
 :hearts: I'll vote for Katherine and Ace  :hearts:

Taylor is going to go  :faint: (that is the new America has voted re-aciton from AI contestants) LOL
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »
I was thinking the same as ^^ Mandesa was always in something awful.