Author Topic: Average Joe  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Average Joe
« on: November 06, 2003, 12:53:04 AM »
I just saw the first showing of Average Joe on monday night.  Did anyone else catch it?  I really enjoyed it.  The purpose of the show is, they have a pretty girl wanting to meet the man of her dreams.  She thinks she gets all these hunky guys but instead she gets geeky, nerdy, fat, skinny, just your average looking guys.  She was a very good sport as she welcomed each guy off the bus.  She was not expecting this at all.  But she decided to stay in the game as she stated that she is looking for a guy with a great personality and not looks.  So all the guys live together in this house and it looks like the first day most of the guys went swimming in the pool and got too much sun as quite a few of them had sunburns on their faces.  I think there were 16 guys that she met in total.  At the end of the show she had to eliminate 4 guys and her choices suprised me because there were two really nerdy looking guys that she kept but she had a connection with them.  I can hardly wait until next weeks show to see how her dates go with them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re:Average Joe
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:01:08 AM »
Thanks for the update bathfizzy :-* I taped the show but,I haven't had time to watch it :-[

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 12:39:19 AM »
Wow what a show the other night.  They were down to 4 guys (two of them Average Joes and two pretty boys).  Melana wanted to see what they were like when she wasn't around.  So they made her up to look about 200 pounds and she had a face mask made where it didn't even look like her and she changed her hair color to brunette.  She even went downtown to practice and she would ask guys for the time or directions and most guys wouldn't talk to her--she said when she was her normal petite blond 100 lb. self guys would not only tell her the time or the directions but stick around and try to talk to her.  For the show she posed as her cousin Danielle and along with a friend interviewed the guys on different things that she was interested in.  Then they secretly videotaped the guys talking to each other in the pool room after the interviews.  And Melana was given the tapes to watch after.  Some comments were pretty brutal.  The most meaniest comments came from Zac (she had an attraction to him).  He called Danielle a "DUFF".  Anyways so when it came time to eliminate two guys, she eliminated Zac because she couldn't be with someone who felt that way and one of the pretty boys because she didn't have a connection with him.  So next week's show is the last one where Adam (my favourite) and Jason (pretty boy) take her back home on dates.  Next weeks preview shows that Adam is either rich or owns a company as it showed a snippet of a framed picture of some Fortune 500 magazine cover. :o

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 01:18:50 PM »
I watched the final 2 hours last night..I knew it..can you say Skankarella!! >:( I was in tears for Adam..she wouldn't be worthy of such a sweet down to earth guy like him..I'm glad now that she didn't pick him..I hope that he finds someone who really loves him just for him..and I hope that Melena gets dumped by that pretty, phony boy....(Oh..i'm ranting again ..sorry :-[)
This from TV Guide on line~~STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE: Average Joes apparently do finish last. How else to
explain last night's utterly depressing finale of NBC's Average Joe, in
which Melana chose a pretty boy (Jason) over an ordinary-looking one (Adam).
Her loss. In related news, words cannot express how excited I am about
Average Joe 2.