• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
8 men
« on: March 08, 2006, 07:23:41 PM »
Vote!!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: 8 men
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »
Okay, time to critique the men. Here are my thoughts.

Gedeon McKinney – Michael Bolton would not have been my choice in a song, but Gedeon is able to carry it. He’s got a powerful enough voice to really make the song work. Oddly I agree with Randy, the big note at the end was well done. Like Simon, Gedeon is beginning to grow on me a bit also, 3 ½ stars tonight. 3 ½ stars overall.

Chris Daughtry – I don’t think the song started off very well, it never grabbed me after that either. Chris does sing well, but I found this song to be mediocre and boring as Simon pointed out. Broken indeed. 3 stars tonight. 3 ½ stars overall.

Kevin Covais – No, I didn’t like this at all. I hate the way his mumbly voice sings. Out of all the songs I’ve heard, this sounded very High Schoolish to me. I pretty much feel it’s somewhat laughable he’s still here. 2 stars tonight. 2 ½ stars overall.

Bucky Covington – Nice country song. Bucky’s singing was very comfortable for what he chose. Randy is right in that he does what he does best, it’s very good. I disagree with Simon this time, it wasn’t just ok. And I have never heard anyone sing this good in a bar.  Slightly better than the past few weeks. 3 ½ stars tonight. 3 stars overall.

Will Maker – I was very surprised, I really enjoyed the song. It seems I really disagree with the judges on this one. The song was very rhythmic and Will was smooth and confident. For me, this was above average for Will. Totally disagree with Simon on this one, it was a great job. 4 stars tonight. 3 ½ stars overall.

Taylor Hicks – Normally, I’ve been a very big Taylor fan. But this song just did not do it for me. I like the song, so it’s not like that’s influencing me, I just didn’t think the performance was all that it could have been. Maybe his on-stage performance has swayed me a bit, as Simon points out, a ‘radio’ performance. I guess I’m in the minority on this one, because I wasn’t giving a standing ovation. 3 stars tonight. 3 ½ stars overall.

Elliott Yamin – Nice song, not the best performance though. I really don’t think this was the right song for him. Not as powerful as it could have been. I’m back on track with agreeing with Simon, not the best, and Elliott did seem somewhat disconnected. 3 stars tonight. 3.5 stars overall.

Ace – Ace seems to be quite the female favorite in this competition. I’m not a fan of his squeaky voice and I’d turn this off if I heard it on the radio. I think once he’s off the TV people will not be as much a fan of him as they are now. As I wrap this up, I see Simon and I are back on the same page, maybe next week. Too many women love him to send him home. 3 stars tonight. 3 stars overall.

My prediction for who will be eliminated on Thursday? I think Kevin will finally be sent packing. There are far to many better singers left for him to miss the elimination. Also, I think Elliott might be the next to go. Too many people like Ace, and Bucky is still much better than him. But who do I feel will go all the way and become the next American Idol? Stay tuned.....
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
I don't look at them , I like to hear how they sound and judge them by that only

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:21:31 PM »
I heart Ace even if he has a girlfriend.
oXo Justine

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 05:23:54 AM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't look at you or jeffreysg when I post either. I just post. LOL

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :meow: :meow: :meow:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 07:13:42 AM »
I agree with most of what you said Jeff, such as Kevin sounding very high schoolish. And I like Will, and think he has one of the better voices.

For me, Chris was the only one I thought gave an American Idol worthy effort. There was something about most of the others that I didn't like.

I love Taylor, but his dancing was laughable. I think he has been controlling himself up to this point, but last night it was almost as if he said, "the heck with it," and just did what he wants to do on stage. I just hope it doesn't lose him votes, because I want him in the F4.

I am starting to dislike Ace, and think he should not make F4. Unlike the judges, I hate his falsetto. Barry Gibb he is not!!!  :lol:

And as for Elliott, I couldn't disagree with you more Jeff. If he doesn't make F4, it will be a disgrace!!! I have enjoyed him every week, and think he has the best voice of anyone in the competition!!!  :tup:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:21:16 AM »
Tanbuns, I've always liked Elliott. I just don't think he gave a great performance for the song he sang last night. I've almost always given him high marks. But, with so many other "fan favorites" I think he may loose many votes. That is my biggest concern regarding Elliott. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 07:29:28 AM »
Yeah I think Kevin and hopefully Gedeon will be gone!!!

As much as I love him ... Ace needs to chill on the falcetta...LOL. It's impressive but not all the time.

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »
To be honest, I was tossed between Gedeon and Eliott, but I just have a gut feeling it will be Elliott.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 10:06:59 AM »
I didn't like Ace's performance the other night.  He is constantly singing like he's in a boy band and I do not like it.  I also think it's hoaky everytime he gives those puppy dog looking eyes at the end of the song....PUH-LEEZ :groan:    I want to see a performance like he's on his own.  I see him going far only because of his looks.  I personally like Chris and Elliot...and Tyler.

My guess for who leaves tonight is Kevin & Will

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »
I guess we are all in agreement about Kevin. As for who else, hmmmm. I guess it could be anyone. I'm just not having a good week so I might be off this week.

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »
 :'(   I'm sorry Jeffrey....here is a hug for you.  Hope you feel better soon! :hugs: :hugs: :-*

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 11:00:32 AM »
Thanks.  :js:

Offline username51

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »
Gedeon and Will are sent packin' tonight.  Although I think Will has talent he just isn't putting enough into his performances.   

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
I just can't see Kevin lasting another night. Username51, you didn't happen to vote for him did you?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »
So, how siked are you that Bo is singing tonight RJ?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »
um he means "psych'd"

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »
Po-Tay-To / Po-Tah-To

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 12:06:16 PM »
So, how siked are you that Bo is singing tonight RJ?

Are you kidding???   :bliss: :woohoo: :jumpy: :hearts:

Can you tell I'm sortof excited? :lol:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »
LOL. Vanuatu - Palau the same thing right.

LOL

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 01:14:23 PM »
Exactly, same difference.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »
For some reason, Randy and Paula keep pimping Kevin.  B:)  I guess he is sort of cute, in a geeky sort of way. But to me, he is not even in the same league as any of the other guys singing wise!!!

Offline username51

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
I just can't see Kevin lasting another night. Username51, you didn't happen to vote for him did you?

Just going on pure talent.  Sometimes people just can't get past the geeky look of Kevin.  I would pick him over Ace "Prettyboy" Young anyday.  Maybe even Bucky.  Who knows he may even outlast some of the gals.  But my favs are Taylor, Elliot and Melissa. :woohoo:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 04:24:40 AM »
:congrats:  To the entire Top 12!

I was quite shocked that Kevin didn't get booted, but kinda glad he didn't.  Like Randy & Paula, he's cute and yes, in a geeky way.  He has a strong good voice, right on pitch.  When I'm not listenign to him, it's ez to visualize a suave, handsome, sexy guy!  I'm glad he made it to the final 12, but doubt very much he goes much further. 

I was shocked Gideon is out.  He's really a great singer, IMO.  Will?  I predicted he'd be out.  He needs more training and experience.

My fav guys are Taylor, Elliott and Chris.   They'll make it to the final 3.  I'm not sure who'll be the 4th, but maybe Bucky?  He's a genuine down home southun guy...that's appealing...but won't be the next AI!

I'm very happy with the all the girls who made it...esp Katharine, Lisa and Mandisa.  They are the best, in my estimation & will be in the finals...oh yes...along with Kellie!   
Ruday  :cheer:

( I'm purdy sure the next AI will be female!)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »
Yea, I knew I was having a bad week, last night proved it. But still, my opinion of Kevin stands. I think he's an awful singer. To many people are keeping him around for the "adorable" factor. Yech  :zz: