Author Topic: Survivor vs. Dancing with the Stars Neilson Ratings - 2/09  (Read 7961 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Survivor vs. Dancing with the Stars Neilson Ratings - 2/09
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:27:47 PM »

Rank   Program Name                     Net   Day   Time        Viewers      Rating/Share       Audience
10   DANCING WITH THE STARS     ABC   Thu   8:00 PM      12.9/19.0   14,198,000   19,956,000
15   SURVIVOR:PANAMA-EXILE IS.  CBS    Thu    8:00 PM    10.6/16.0    11,715,000    18,752,000

Is this the first time Survivor is out of the top ten?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor vs. Dancing with the Stars Neilson Ratings - 2/09
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »
I cant beleive I'm going to say this but I am not happy with this Survivor cast , oh I'll keep watching but am losing interest ..when it gets to final 9 then thats when things get really good .

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 11:32:40 AM »
I feel just the opposite. I'm drawn to this cast for some reason. Much better than last season's. Ugh, I hated the return of Bobby John and Steph. Keep the bringing back of older Survivors to an All-Star format.

Well, at least they have not redone an "outcast" theme again. That was just wrong. In many ways though, besides that aspect of Pearl Islands, I think that season spoiled me for future seasons. I loved that season.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 02:01:06 PM »
I cant beleive I'm going to say this but I am not happy with this Survivor cast , oh I'll keep watching but am losing interest ..when it gets to final 9 then thats when things get really good .

I agree puddin.  These people are WAAAY to anxious to form alliances.  Plus you have a cast of nut cases (well most of them).  You have a guy who is on a nicotine withdrawl, a woman who is afraid of leaves and never been camping, a woman who talks to dead turtles, and others.   :groan:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »
To be honest, that's what I kind of like. They are all neurotic! LOL So I can identify with them.

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »
I can see that based on your post and your haircut.  :rotf:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
 :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 07:56:10 PM »
Okay, I'm changing my avatar back!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 08:11:36 PM »
No Jeff fall into Coles trap ! :lol:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »
Perhaps I'll change to another pic though.  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 08:22:14 PM »
theres nothing wromg with your haircut theres something wrong with Cole  :giggle:  ;)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
I'm just teasin though.
But I do like to change from time to time.

Nuala

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
Wow, I am shocked that Dancing with the Stars beat out Survivor.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 02:49:11 AM »
Are you serious?  It beat Survivor?  I've never watched "Dancing....   " but I would if Survivor wasn't on.  I've taped EVERY Survivor show from the beginning...commercial free...& I'm not about to stop now for ANY other show!!  :jam:   Nooo way! 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 03:00:24 AM »
Friday, February 17, 2006
"SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND" TAKES THE DEMO GOLD MEDAL OVER SILVER MEDALIST "DANCING WITH THE STARS" AND BRONZE-WINNING OLYMPICS
Released by CBS

"SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND" TAKES THE DEMO GOLD MEDAL OVER SILVER MEDALIST "DANCING WITH THE STARS" AND BRONZE-WINNING OLYMPICS

Rebroadcast of "CSI" Ties the Olympics For First in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54

CBS Places a Competitive Second on the Night With Two Hours of Rebroadcasts

SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND won the gold medal in key demographics in the very competitive 8:00 PM time period, placing ahead of "Dancing with the Stars" and the Winter Olympics, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings for Thursday, Feb. 16.

SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND won its time period in adults 18-34 (4.3/12), adults 18-49 (6.3/16) and adults 25-54 (7.6/17) and was second, behind "Dancing with the Stars" and ahead of NBC's Olympics coverage, in households (9.9/15) and viewers (17.06m). Compared to last week, SURVIVOR retained 93% of both its households (from 10.6/16) and adults 25-54 (from 8.2/19) delivery, 91% of viewers (from 18.75m), 96% of adults 18-34 (from 4.5/14) and 95% of adults 18-49 (from 6.6/17).

SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND beat "Dancing with the Stars" from 8:00-9:00PM by +16% in adults 18-34 (vs. 3.7/11), +29% in adults 18-49 (vs. 4.9/13) and +19% in adults 25-54 (vs. 6.4/15). SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND beat NBC's 8:00-9:00PM Olympic coverage by +3% in households (vs. 9.6/14), +19% in adults 18-34 (vs. 3.6/10), +40% in adults 18-49 (vs. 4.5/11), +38% in adults 25-54 (vs. 5.5/12) and by +1.28m viewers (vs. 15.78m, +8%).

At 9:00 PM, a rebroadcast of CSI (11.9/17, 18.55m) tied NBC's Olympics (12.5/18, 20.58m) coverage in both adults 25-54 (7.9/17, each) and adults 18-49 (6.3/15, each).

At 10:00 PM, a rebroadcast of WITHOUT A TRACE was a solid second in households (9.8/16), viewers (14.53m), adults 25-54 (5.7/13) and adults 18-49 (4.6/12).

For the night, CBS was second in households (10.5/16), viewers (16.71m), adults 18-34 (3.7/11), adults 18-49 (5.7/14, -0.2 behind NBC) and adults 25-54 (7.1/16, -0.2 behind NBC).

Final Thursday ratings will be available this afternoon.

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »
 :giggle: He changed his pic. LOL the newbie changed his pick. how's it going freshman?

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
I always change my pic. Have to inject the fresh every once in a while, otherwise life just gets boring.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 02:49:16 AM »
Awww Puddin, I don't want you to lose interest in the show.  You are the one I depend on to find articles, etc for me to read.  Doesn't Cirie amuse you?  We loved her in the immunity challenge.  Actually that was the best immunity challenge I have seen in a long time.  My kids laughed so hard when Cirie sat on Sally and just tossed people around and then how did Aras get out of that body hold and the kids favourite---Bobby grabbing a happy Ruth Marie by her straps and running to his mat for the win.  I could watch that challenge again.  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:18:18 AM »
I was actually thinking about that move from Bobby. Did he physically grab a hold of the bag and touch the mat? Or did he just drag her to his and that was it. I was under the impression he had to be holding that bag when touching the mat. I half expected her to run to her mat as soon as he let her go. It went so fast for me though that I hadn't realized it when he won.

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »
freshman forgot to wear his bi-focals  :rotf:

Yeah Bobby pulled her over got on his mat and then touched the bag much to her dismay.  :'(

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out. I should just bring the tape back out, but as long as someone knows offhand, I appreciate not having to look.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 11:06:43 AM »
Awww Puddin, I don't want you to lose interest in the show.  You are the one I depend on to find articles, etc for me to read.  Doesn't Cirie amuse you?  We loved her in the immunity challenge.  Actually that was the best immunity challenge I have seen in a long time.  My kids laughed so hard when Cirie sat on Sally and just tossed people around and then how did Aras get out of that body hold and the kids favourite---Bobby grabbing a happy Ruth Marie by her straps and running to his mat for the win.  I could watch that challenge again.  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Cirie is great and the challenge was fun to watch   :lol: .
I love how Cirie sits back and watchs her tribe crumble with all the lunatics argueing amongst each other ...she is so under the radar right now ..I think she'll be around for awhile , love her !

Why I'm losing interest in Survivor ?  Probably because I spoiled it for myself , so it just might be that knowing whats going to happen maybe isn't as much fun as it use to be .
I'm now loving when the spoilers are wrong and we get a surprise once in awhile like last week ..it wasn't suppose to be Misty .

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:06 AM »
You see Puddin' thats exactly why I stop doing spoilers for Survivor. Muhahahahaha. I luv it gurl.

Oh I see how you made my deal say I'm a naked stalker.....how long has that been up there...LOL. I never look at those. I will now.

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 03:12:47 PM »
Oh I see how you made my deal say I'm a naked stalker.....how long has that been up there...LOL. I never look at those. I will now.
almost 2 weeks  :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »
Friday, February 24, 2006
"SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND" TOPS THE WINTER OLYMPICS AND "DANCING WITH THE STARS" IN KEY DEMOGRAPHICS
Released by CBS

"SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND" TOPS THE WINTER OLYMPICS AND "DANCING WITH THE STARS" IN KEY DEMOGRAPHICS

In An Unprecedented Battle Among the Top Three Reality Shows and the Winter Olympics, "Survivor" Maintains Its Firm Grip on Young Adults

On an unprecedented night that saw network television's top three reality programs in a head-to-head battle with the Winter Olympic's highly anticipated presentation of the women's ice skating finals, SURVIVOR: PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND emerged second behind "American Idol" in adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and adults 25-54, according to preliminary Nielsen affiliate ratings for Thursday, Feb. 23.

SURVIVOR: EXILE ISLAND was second in adults 18-34 (3.8/11), adults 18-49 (5.4/13) and adults 25-54 (6.6/15) and third in viewers (14.85m). SURVIVOR beat "Dancing with the Stars" by +36% in adults 18-34 (vs. 2.8/08), +46% in adults 18-49 (vs. 3.7/09) and +47% in adults 25-54 (vs. 4.5/10). SURVIVOR beat the 8:00-9:00 PM portion of the Olympics by +31% in adults 18-34 (vs. 2.9/08), +23% in adults 18-49 (vs. 4.4/11) and +18% in adults 25-54 (vs. 5.6/12).

From 8:00-9:00 PM, homes using television (HUT levels) were up +7% versus the prior 22 weeks of the season. Among all viewers and adults 18-49, viewing levels increased by +11%.

Final Thursday ratings will be available this afternoon.