Author Topic: RFF Reality TV Podcast #36 - 1/31/2006  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
RFF Reality TV Podcast #36 - 1/31/2006
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:54:38 PM »
The Amazing Race Preview Show
- Dancing with the Stars
- Skating with Celebs
- Amazing Race Teams
- Ashley Angel
- We talk about the new server

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://shows.rffradio.com/ep36.mp3

Jason

Re: RFF Reality TV Podcast #36 - 1/31/2006
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:43:43 AM »
Actually, GSN reaired The Mole back in 2004. While airing the entire edition of Celebrity Mole: Hawaii, and (I believe) part of the original Mole, GSN pulled the show due to low ratings.

That's not to say The Mole was actually dead, but GSN made a Mole-style (post-divorce Stone Stanley Productions) reality game about people who were guessing the results of horse racing matches called American Dream Derby. That's right, this was not about the jockeys in a competition, but was just a show that, in the end, endorses gambling. It did have its Mole-style elements, but the concept was pretty ridiculous, and it too failed on GSN.

While The Mole show does well in the Netherlands and Australia, I think it will take a lot longer until we hear from The Mole USA again...

:woohoo: CONGRATS on the new server!

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »
I just wanted to say that you guys did ANOTHER fantastic podcast. It was a really good one.

The teams for the Amazing Race look really good, I'm not sure who my pre-race favorites are yet.

I feel bad for Ashley, seriously.  He has to try and raise a family with the money that he does actually get, which obviously isn't much. Plus I honestly think that one of the reasons he did this show is because he is going to get some kind of paycheck from MTV for it, otherwise what's the point?

Can't wait till next week so you can talk about Survivor!!  :bliss:

<3 Justine
P.S.-Trevor, I absolutely LOVE your laugh.
oXo Justine

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:52:35 PM »
Yeah Vintage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have immediately rocketed into my top five favorite fans list!
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:12:24 PM »
LOL Vintage!

Yeah, I remember the mole on GSN now, DUHHH, I think I even watched it! But I can't believe they didn't play more. Anyway, good show!

Rob

Melinda

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 09:02:53 AM »
Hey guys thanks for mentioning my podcast!  I have been listening to your show for quite awhile now and really enjoy it.  It is the only podcast that I listen to immediately.  Normally, I upload new shows in the evenings and wait for my drive to/from work the next day to listen.  However, on Wednesdays after your podcast shows up I always pop in the earbuds and settle into my favourite chair and listen right then.

Wish I could get some of these shows you talk about here in Canada (especially the guy from O-town one)  ;D

Keep up the great work!

Melinda
http://mymarilyn.ca

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 10:31:53 AM »
It's always a pleasure to hear that somebody who has a podcast is a fan of ours as well.  I haven't listened to all of the episodes of yours to know if this was covered, but this was always my favorite Marilyn Monroe story.  I linked an article I just found on it.  DiMaggio's snub of Kennedy at Yankee Stadium still has to be one of the biggest all-time snubbings in history and that was basically because of Marilyn.   

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=408&id=167402003
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Melinda

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 10:55:56 AM »
Hi Trevor,

No, I don't think I have covered that in my show.  I have that biography of Joe though and it is a good read.  Joe always stayed true to Marilyn's memory and I agree that has to be one of the best all-time snubs.

Melinda

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 11:59:17 AM »
So Rob, are you and Trevor going to do your show tonight?   ???      I can't wait to hear what you both have to say about AI, skating with the celebrities, etc.  :lol:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 12:03:52 PM »
Yes, we are planning on doing it tonite, so hopefully by 10pm Eastern, we will have a new show up!

Thanks

Rob

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »
 :woohoo: :bliss: :jumpy:

Can you tell I'm excited?  :lol:   Can't wait to hear your show.  I always look forward to it.  Wish you did it twice a week ;D

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »
Twice a week would be SO cool.

<3 Justine
oXo Justine