Author Topic: Picks from across the boards EP1  (Read 5758 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Picks from across the boards EP1
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »
  • TDT
    TDT PICKS
    Episode One
    RC: Bayoneta loses
    Exile: Misty
    IC: Casaya loses?
    Boot: Melinda? 

• Sucks Polls  
    RC~Bayoneta loses
    Exile~ Misty
    IC~Bayoneta loses
    Boot~Misty by a landslide
  • survivorfever

Survivor Fever Official
    Episode Boot Picks

RC:   Bayoneta Loses
    Exile:  Misty
    IC:  Bayoneta Loses
    Boot:   Misty

• Blows polls

Boot~Misty by a landslide

• ABT/ACME

ABT PICKS
    EXILE Misty
    REWARD 1st: Casaya (older women) - Last: Bayoneta (girls)
    IMMUNITY 1st: Vivero (younger men) - Last: Bayoneta (girls)
    BOOT Play "Misty" for me

• Survivorshrine

Reward~ Not Bayoneta
    IC~Not Bayoneta
    Boot~Misty Giles

• Harry's House/POLL
    RC~Bayoneta loses
    IC~Bayoneta loses
    Boot~Misty

« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:30:44 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Picks from across the boards EP1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »
just waiting for the sites to make their predictions , normally around 2 or so .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
just waiting on TDT

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »
uh oh!!
  now what ? :groan:

TDT PICKS
Episode One
RC: Bayoneta loses
IC: Casaya loses?
Boot: Melinda? 

BOOT: Melinda? Ruth Marie? 
For the boot, Wickchix alleges that the first boot is "a girl" (which could, in theory, also mean an older woman). Of those, ChillOne's spoilers eliminate Cirie, Danielle and Courtney from boot contention. That leaves Misty, Sally, Tina, Melinda and Ruth Marie.

If Misty is indeed the first exile, and the first boot comes from her tribe, she would seem to be the logical pick for first boot. Unless they all feel guilty, or something, and/or Sally does something (or nothing) to irritate the others in Misty's absence. Either could plausibly go first, but we're fairly sure Misty is not the first boot, and she seems a far more logical pick than social (worker) skilled Sally.

On the older women's tribe, perhaps more of a stretch for "girl," Tina, Melinda or Ruth Marie could each theoretically be vulnerable. But Tina seems to have something of a story to come, according to Jeff Probst's press teleconference comments. And lots of people seem to have info suggesting Tina did relatively well. So... Ruth Marie or Melinda? Probst had a "we'll see if she makes it" picture of Melinda, and a "won't last long without food" comment about Ruth Marie. If we had to pick one, we'd guess Ruth Marie, being older, might be a more logical first boot. But Melinda does have a fairly extensive web site all set up, already. Hmmm.... We'll go with Melinda, after all. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »
Either could plausibly go first, but we're fairly sure Misty is not the first boot, and she seems a far more logical pick than social (worker) skilled Sally.
uhh...say whaaat?  "Misty is NOT the first boot"
...yet: 
"she seems a far more logical pick...than Sally"
So which one does Wickchix mean gets the boot?? ???  ???

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »
Most sites say which tribe LOSES.  So I wonder...like at Lance's Pickem, if we pick any of the other 3 tribes, we get credit for any of those 3?  Or, only credit for the one that takes FIRST in a challenge??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
Most sites say which tribe LOSES.  So I wonder...like at Lance's Pickem, if we pick any of the other 3 tribes, we get credit for any of those 3?  Or, only credit for the one that takes FIRST in a challenge??

To be safe pick only male tribes to win IC & RC , I think thats how it works Ruday ??

what to make of this posted in sucks boot poll as posted by snewser ..cloudy ?

eta: searched the url ....fog=Misty ?

People living on desert edge catch water from fog

August 27, 1996
Web posted at: 12:40 a.m. EDT

From Correspondent Ronnie Lovler

CHUNGUNGO, Chile (CNN) -- It's the sight people have been watching for all day in this small coastal village -- fog rolling in. (811K QuickTime movie)

It's the start of a unique water-making system called "cloud harvesting" or "fog catching."

When the fog makes contact with specially strung nets, it will soon be converted to much-needed water.

"The idea was that in some parts of Chile, there are great concentrations of vegetation that have no reason to exist because there is no rainfall," said project director Alejandro Cruzat. "The source of water is the fog."

To harvest fog, 82 large square nets trap the water that then drips into a tube. The water passes through an attached hose and pipelines to a holding tank.

The people of Chungungo, which sits on the edge of the vast Atacama Desert, no longer have to depend on the water trucks that would make sporadic visits to their community.

Daisy Sasmaya, president of the neighborhood council, boasts of her new shower and shows off her garden. She says people can now shower every day and water their plants regularly.

Another resident said she can now wash her clothes when she needs to, rather than having to wait for long periods of time.

Chile's fog-catching project, one of the first in the world, started with funding from the Canadian government a few years ago.

Scientists come from around the world to see if they can apply the techniques in their countries. Vilho Mtuleni, of the Desert Research Foundation of Namibia, said his priority is finding ways to get water to people and livestock in arid areas. (372K AIFF or WAV sound)

What he and other visitors see in Chile is that tiny airborne drops of water can go a long way if you know what you're doing.

http://www.cnn.com/EARTH/9608/27/cloud.harvest/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
I'm keeping Misty as my pick for the boot ..sink or swim baby  :jam:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »
Same here baby!  Confidence he's not leading us astray. 
Thanks!  :hfive:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 05:14:23 PM »
The picture could mean just about anything ..I just dont feel like changing my picks  :rotf: , so Misty it is !! If I'm wrong so are 99% of the other people that probably picked Misty , who cares its EP #1 and is always the hardest to spoil with no real clues . ..it can only get better ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 06:06:57 PM »
tick tock tick tock

Wednesday, February 01, 2006
The first immunity challenge and the first boot

So I am getting more excited about this season. See what a little behind the scenes footage will do for you? There's some interesting shots of the first immunity challenge. It seems to go like this:

All four tribe members start on a floating platform. One by one, they climb a wall and jump into the water. They swim to a raft. Then at least one tribe member from each tribe dives down underwater to release something (presumedly something they need later in the challenge - perhaps the oars?). Then they row to shore. Once they reach the shore, they have to dig, dig, dig. After they get whatever they need from the sand (some sort of instruction sheet about untying knots?), they have to untie a bunch of rings. Finally they need to complete a ring toss.

So who does what?

Well, Bobby is the first of the younger men to leap into the water. He dives very far and swims for a while underwater. It's a good bet the younger men take an early lead. The older men get over the wall before the older women do. It's a good bet the older women are losing in the beginning of the challenge. Also, there's a shot of Tina in the water, very unhappy saying "Oh my god". My guess is this when they're supposed to be diving down to release the oars. The older women are having trouble with this part of it. Incidentally, Danielle and Aras dive down for their tribes.

For the rowing part of things, the younger women appear to have trouble at first and then get it going. Bruce appears very tired while rowing with his tribe. Ruth Marie jumps out of her tribe's boat and pulls it ashore.

At the digging station, Dan or Terry (can't tell which one) yells "Bruce, come on!" in a very annoyed voice. Dan is helping dig with Bruce. Courtey and Danielle are digging for their tribe, while Tina and Melinda dig for Casaya. The older men appear to be ahead of the older women at this stage.

At the know untying stage, Aras is instructing his tribemates with the help of some sort of parchment. I don't have any footage of the other tribes at this stage (although I have heard it's out there).

Finally, I see Nick doing the ring toss. He has a bleeding cut on his face.

So who loses?

My guess is the older women. They appear to be behind twice - right at the beginning of the race and again at the digging part of it. I think the diving underwater section of the challenge is going to kill their chances of winning or even coming in third.

So if Casaya loses, I guess Misty isn't the first boot as I suggested here. (I was just going with the rumors circulating around the web.) Let's look at our tribe of older women. Only one is safe in my opinion: Cirie. While she's not the most athletic, she is most entertaining. And it looks like Tina is having more trouble with the challenge than Cirie is. Frankly, I could easily see it being Tina who goes home first. She appears down in all of the tribe shots. Then there's the two people who said they'd probably annoy other people because they talk too much: Melinda and Ruth Marie. Of those two, I think Melinda would be more annoying because at least Ruth Marie is useful. So I am torn between Tina and Melinda.

I am going with Melinda, as I think she'll be the more annoying personality.

Of course, there's probably some source spoiler out there that says she's Final 2 or something. Ah well.

RC: Casaya (they win flint)
IC: Viveros
Boot: Melinda

http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com/

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 09:59:36 PM »
what to make of this posted in sucks boot poll as posted by snewser ..cloudy ?eta: searched the url ....fog=Misty ?
http://www.cnn.com/EARTH/9608/27/cloud.harvest/
I don't know what snewser's hint is in the photo unless it means the cloud hanging over Tina in the horrible loss of her only child?
Just a thot.
It really ticks me off that they booted her!  She was not only an excellent worker & seemed to be a nice person, but being out there longer  would've helped  her with the loss of her son.  Games put aside, I'm sorry it was her...for HER sake.  :-\  God bless & help her in her loss.  I guess I'm thinking of it like this partly b/c my daughter was at death's door a couple months ago.  Tina's loss strikes a deep spot my heart.  :hugs: for Tina...

Ruday 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »
I'm not happy thats she wa booted either  :'(