Author Topic: Wanda & Desiree ~ mother & daughter /Philiminated  (Read 18062 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Wanda & Desiree ~ mother & daughter /Philiminated
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:18:30 PM »
Name: DESIREE CIFRE Occupation: Writer Age: 24 Hometown: New York, N.Y.

Name: WANDA LOPEZ-ROCHFORD Occupation: Corporate Trainer Age: 44 Hometown: Smyrna, Ga.

Relationship: MOTHER AND DAUGHTER

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:36:38 AM by puddin »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Wanda & Desiree ~ mother & daughter
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 07:51:18 AM »
That's kind of neat. I have a myspace account, but I really don't use it much. My much younger sister got me to join it. LOL
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
The only people I have as friends, are my sister, her friends and a few jazz people I met there. LOL
Feel free to lurk me also. Jeffrey  ;D

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »
I didn't think I was going to like this team as much as I do. I LOVE this team. And so does my mom.   :js:
oXo Justine

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »
I love them to Vintage  :hearts: and my BF was crazy about the mom ...he thinks shes Hot and Desiree is just stunning .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 06:31:55 PM »
I love them to Vintage  :hearts: and my BF was crazy about the mom ...he thinks shes Hot and Desiree is just stunning .

they are HOTTTTT

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »
Yeah they are very attractive Kogs , they came off much better on film than their picture .

Offline Donna

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 07:58:02 PM »
I agree that Desiree is stunning.  Does anyone besides me think she looks a lot like Norah Jones?

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:30:25 PM »
I 100% agree with everyone. They are both soooo amazingly beautiful. And I loved how they were able to stay so calm when you could tell that they just wanted to scream with stress. I think they'll do very well despite Rob's predictions.
oXo Justine

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 11:34:16 AM »
I agree that Desiree is stunning.  Does anyone besides me think she looks a lot like Norah Jones?
Thats who she looks like !
They have a insider clip @ cbs and most of all they want a all female team to win , they said they will help the female teams throughout the race , " Girl Power !"

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »
Hahaha...girl power. Right on.
oXo Justine

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »
I love this team to death!!! Desiree reminds me of Rachel Weisz. She's beautiful!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 08:37:22 PM »
Do any of Desiree's bios mention traveling to Greece? The thumbnail below is at her MySpace (I don't have access so I can't look through all the photos). The other photo is of the donkey rides at Santorini (source).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »
Thats Desiree's only photo Slowhatch...thats really interesting  :js: ,I'm thinking maybe it was a school trip ? she has a purse .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:22:14 PM by puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 03:46:09 AM »
OMG, I knew she looked familiar!  Dont' know how I missed that cuz Norah is a huge fav or mine.  She rocks and so does Desiree and Wanda!  :jumpy:  I'm rooting for them to win!!  :cheer:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 08:04:53 AM »
Slowhatch, Awesome find.

I thought maybe it could have been a trip that the racers took from Sequesterville.  But, she's just wearing a thin shirt.  The shirt suggests summer time to me.  The temps in Greece back in November 2005 were mild, but I don't think warm enough for her to forego a light jacket.  http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LGSR/2005/11/17/MonthlyHistory.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Wanda & Desiree ~ mother & daughter /Philiminated
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »
Racing To Nowhere On The Autobahn

NEW YORK, March 22, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) Germany's famed high-speed Autobahn put the brakes on the mother-daughter team of Wanda and Desiree on "Amazing Race 9" in Tuesday night's episode, when they took a wrong exit.

They made their final pit stop to fill in The Early Show co-anchor Rene Syler Wednesday.

The nine remaining teams finished up an extra-long stretch in Munich, Germany, as the "Amazing Race 9" official Web site notes: "After starting on the mat in Moscow in first place, friends Eric and Jeremy never looked back, catching the first flight to Frankfurt, Germany, taking a wild ride on a Mercedes-Benz test track, and ultimately winning their second leg."

Desiree told Syler Wednesday that she and Wanda are very disappointed they've been sent packing: "We had such a strong finish in the first leg of the race that we really had hoped to be there longer than we were."

Wanda explained to CBS News that, at one point, she and Desiree "were on the Autobahn on the way to Munich and we took the wrong exit. There aren't that many exits on the Autobahn, so we had to drive for 30 minutes before we could even turn around. All together, we lost about 45 minutes."

Picking up the story at a later point, the "Race" Web site says, "Hours behind the other Teams after an afternoon of misery, partners Danielle and Dani and Wanda and Desiree finally arrived together at Bad Tolz for the Travelocity Gnome search. It became apparent to both Teams that they were in last place together. A disappointed Wanda said, 'We don’t want to be competing against each other. We’ve been teaming up.' A regretful Danielle noted, 'We can only help each other so long.'

After finding a gnome, the childhood friends hurried away as Desiree continued her search with daylight fading.

In tears, Desiree apologized to her mother for not being able to find a gnome while her mother tried to encourage her to keep looking. After locating the gnome, the duo took off in hopes of catching up to Danielle and Dani."

Desiree told CBS News, "I spent about 45 minutes searching. The problem was. it was dark and the other teams have already claimed their gnomes. I kept finding empty holes. I found all of the other teams holes before I found the last gnome."

Thick fog didn't help, Wanda pointed out to Syler.

"Munich is incredibly beautiful," Desiree chimed in, "but with the fog, it was very eery."

The "Race" Web site continued the story: "Arriving at Bavaria Film, childhood friends Danielle and Dani quickly learned the dance, earning their clue to stay ahead of mother and daughter Wanda and Desiree, who arrived just as the girls finished. Pulling out of the parking lot, Danielle said, 'We’ve been through too much to go home right now. I am not getting eliminated.' Although Wanda and Desiree gave Danielle and Dani a run for their money, in the end Danielle held true to her word as the relieved childhood friends stepped on the mat in eighth place.When the exhausted Wanda and Desiree arrived at the Siegestor, Phil gave them the bad news that they had been eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE. On her partner, Desiree remarked, 'My mother has always been someone who’s met challenges with grace and with strength. I’ve been really fortunate to be able to look up to someone that had a lot of attributes that I really wanted to emulate.” On Desiree, Wanda noted, “My daughter, she’s an adult now, so this Race just reassured me that she’s very independent and it’s just wonderful.' "

For more details on the latest "Race" episode, click here.

Wanda and Desiree say they've always been close.

Both have a great sense of humor and enjoy shopping, traveling and cooking.

Wanda Lopez-Rochford, a 44-year-old corporate trainer, is married and lives in Smyrna, Ga. Fluent in Spanish, Wanda has also lived in New York and Puerto Rico. One accomplishment she's proudest of is earning two college degrees while raising Desiree. More recently, Wanda was able to share in the excitement of watching Desiree graduate from NYU.

Desiree Cifre lives in New York City, where she works as a writer. Currently in a steady relationship, she describes herself as passionate and artistic. An only child, her biggest pet peeve about her mother is that she tends to be overprotective.

But Desiree told CBS News their "Race" experience changed that: "I wasn't giving her enough credit. I thought she was too over-protective, but she sees me as an independent woman now."

"She's my little girl in my heart, but she's a grownup," Wanda said to Syler with a chuckle.

Although they were playing to win, Wanda and Desiree also hoped to expand their knowledge of different cultures while seeing the world during the race.

What are they up to now?

"I just finished up a screenplay and I'm trying to sell it," Desiree says. "I graduated from NYU."

Wanda says, "I quit my job due the race, and now I've got a new job working from home."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/22/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main1428954.shtml

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »
I should have seen they would go out next. They just seemed to be coming apart last week.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 01:33:11 AM »
Drat.  I was hoping the Pink gals would get Philiminated so the don juans wouldn't have them to flirt with!  :lol3:  JereEric's flirting w/ the Pinks is a tactic to distract them from concentrating on the race, IMO.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »
“We’ve Definitely Had Our Share of Bonding” - An Interview with The Amazing Race 9’s Wanda & Desiree
by Jenn Brasler -- 03/23/2006

Desiree & Wanda (right) were one of the more beloved teams on this season of The Amazing Race. Here, they talk about what they packed, who they thought would be a threat, and why in the world Wanda did the “plunge” roadblock.

RealityNewsOnline: Hi, Team Boricua! I was very disappointed to see you eliminated. You were one of my favorite teams this season. What did you see as each other’s strengths and weaknesses?

Desiree: Mom’s strength was her energy and vibrant nature, and her weakness is that she has too much energy and would get flustered.

Wanda: Desiree’s strength was she was more level-headed and took a balanced approach, while her weakness would be her impatience.

RNO: We didn’t see you interact with many other teams, other than Dani and Danielle. Did you connect with any other team?

Wanda: Yes, we connected with almost everyone. BJ & Tyler, Eric & Jeremy, and Lori & Dave were good friends and I felt close with them.

RNO: Who did you see as a threat?

Wanda & Desiree: Eric & Jeremy because they were so consistently strong and had really good luck.

RNO: Did you pack anything interesting or unusual?

Wanda: I packed an apron in case we had to do anything messy and gloves, which we were able to use during the sugar cane task. Swimming goggles were also a smart choice and ended up coming in very handy.

Desiree: The best thing that Wanda packed was the neck pillow for the airplane.

RNO: What were your favorite moments on the race?

Desiree: The Wall of Death.

Wanda: I enjoyed the helicopter ride and just bonding with the other teams.

RNO: Wanda, why did you agree to “take the plunge” at the roadblock? Did you not realize that it would involve water?

Wanda: Of course I knew it would involve water, but I didn’t know that it would involve free-diving and holding my breath. I like to swim and had no problem jumping in the water, but couldn’t dive.

RNO: Desiree, how long did you have to search the field for a gnome? How close were you two to Dani & Danielle after they left?

Desiree: I probably searched for 45 minutes, maybe longer. They found theirs within about 20 minutes. I found about every hole until I found our gnome.

RNO: If you could do anything differently, what would it be?

Wanda & Desiree: We wouldn’t get lost! Maybe even drive slower to tasks until we were certain we were going the correct way.

RNO: How is your relationship now? Has it changed at all?

Wanda & Desiree: No. We were close before the race and we’ll remain close. We’ve definitely had our share of bonding.

RNO: Is there anything else you want people to know?

Wanda: We had a lot of funny moments that didn’t make air and we wish they would have. On the whole, this is one of the goofiest casts and a lot of laughs were had.

RNO: Thank you for the interview! I wish you both the best of luck in the future.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article9578.art&page=1

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 02:24:29 AM »
They're circle and circle around the autobahn and they'd been to Munich at past 7:00 pm, November 13, 2005.