Author Topic: Danielle & Dani ~ Childhood friends /Philiminated  (Read 37977 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Danielle & Dani ~ Childhood friends /Philiminated
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:12:32 PM »
Name: DANI TORCHIO Occupation: Recent College Graduate Age: 22 Hometown: Staten Island, N.Y.

Name: DANIELLE TURNER Occupation: Recent College Graduate Age: 22 Hometown: Staten Island, N.Y.

Relationship: CHILDHOOD FRIENDS

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 10:03:16 AM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Danielle & Dani ~ Childhood friends
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »
will an all-female team win? Only time will tell.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »
will an all-female team win? Only time will tell.
At least final three , at least thats what I think Banzai ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »
a little bit more about Danielle & Dani

Samantha Vano

The two girls with the pink logo pants on are Danielle and Danielle. There team color is pink, the name is Double Dee, blonde girls, gorgeous, tall and athletic..

Samantha Vano

to clear everthing up about the "pink" logo.. Its victoria secret and since there team color is pink they deciede to get everything pink, victoria secret makes a pink line. 

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Danielle & Dani ~ Childhood friends ( Team Double Dee )
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »
Danielle took her myspace site down , sorry Danielle you must think we're pervies but its not true ..we are REAL Amazing Race fans and are looking forward to this season , also from the looking around the other forums you two are the Fan Favs  :jam:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »
thats too bad she took down her myspace puddin. at least u saved some of it  :giggle:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
If Danielle would like me to remove the pictures please pm me or email me @ puddin.pies@gmail.com
now I feel bad as if I invaded her space  :(

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
awwwwwww

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 10:23:25 AM »
January 31, 2006 -- STATEN ISLAND TAKES ON THE WORLD
NO, they're not sisters — but they do bear a striking resemblance to each other.
Meet Danielle Turner and Dani Torchio, 22-year-old childhood friends from Staten Island who'll be part of the cast of the upcoming "The Amazing Race 9" on CBS.

Danielle, who recently graduated from St. Johns University, describes herself as "outgoing and talkative."

Dani, a Wagner College grad, is a self-described "fun-loving, wild and eager" gal rarin' to get out of Staten Island and explore the world.

Both girls, who say they haven't traveled much, will certainly get their fair share of globe-trotting in "The Amazing Race," which includes 11 teams in all.

After a failed U.S.-centric "family edition," the show returns to pairs, who will travel the Middle East, Moscow, Sicily and more in a race for the $1 million grand prize.

The show kicks off with a two-hour premiere Feb. 28 (9-11 p.m.). — Michael Starr

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/59620.htm

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »
Daring 'Danielle' duo from South Shore to compete for $1M on reality show
The 22-year-olds, friends since high school, will vie for grand prize on 9th season of CBS hit 'The Amazing Race'
Friday, February 03, 2006
By TEVAH PLATT
ADVANCE STAFF WRITER
Two Staten Islanders finished college last June with a yen for fame, fortune and above all, adventure.

The fairly untraveled Danielle Turner and Danielle (Dani) Torchio could snag all three as their first-ever passports are filled page by page, continent by continent, on the upcoming "The Amazing Race 9" on CBS.

The two Danielles could pass for twins: The 22-year-olds have been inseparable friends since they met as classmates at St. Joseph by-the-Sea High School in Huguenot.

Along with 10 other two-person teams, the pair will traverse a month-long course and face mental and physical challenges at each unknown destination -- to include the Middle East, Moscow and Sicily. Racing toward the finish line and a $1 million prize, the team with the least progress is eliminated each week on the three-time Emmy-winning reality show.

Dani, who was a member of the golf team in high school and vied for the title of Miss Staten Island 2002, graduated from Wagner College, Grymes Hill, at the top of her class. The psychology major, described by her sister Krysten as "a little wild," is now a waitress and bartender at Restaurant 101, Eltingville. She lives with her family in Huguenot.

Danielle, a former swimmer, dancer and high school cheerleader, graduated from St. John's University, Grymes Hill, with a degree in speech pathology. The former intern at United Cerebral Palsy of New York is now a waitress and bartender at Es-Ca Restaurant, Dongan Hills. She lives with her parents and her sister, Christina, in Tottenville.

The recent graduates applied for the race because they wanted to see the world before pursuing advanced degrees, said Danielle's mother, Roseann Turner.

The duo, now home after 40 days of filming, are barred from media interviews and sworn to secrecy about the details and outcome of the race.

In the upcoming shows, the Danielles-- the season's youngest contestants-- will be pitted against jet-setters, track runners and polyglots. One contestant, Fran Lazarus, a 61-year old who has climbed every mountain peak in her home state of Colorado, said she was "running the race to show that 'old people' can compete," according to the CBS Web site.

The Islanders' families and friends think their team has what it takes to win the race.

Dani's longtime friend and boyfriend of two months, Darren Heal of Annadale, says she has "every asset you would need to compete: Personality, natural beauty, charisma and determination."

And Mrs. Turner describes her daughter's spirit as daring and competitive. "Even when something is difficult, she's willing to give it her best."

"They have a very outgoing and conniving way about them," said Eric Diaz, manager of Restaurant 101, with a knowing chuckle. "They know how to get what they want." Both 101 and Es-Ca will have all televisions tuned to the premiere.

About 50 Islanders will attend a premiere-night party at the Torchio home, while 37 members of the Turner family haven't yet determined the capacious venue they'll need to watch Danielle's television debut.

While time will tell how far the pair will advance in the televised race, family members have said that the journey, for both young women, was the experience of a lifetime.

"The Amazing Race" kicks off with a two-hour premiere that begins at 9 p.m. on Feb. 28.

http://www.silive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1138977072308650.xml&coll=1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »
Cool Kogs , good find at least we know where they work now

after all that seaching  :lol: ..and yeah , I guess the one isn't married .

and  Just us Moms were right

Outgoing and talkative (loud, annoying and skanky), Danielle, who recently graduated from St. Johns University with a degree in Speech Pathology (but is now a cocktail waitress in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn), has limited experience when it comes to traveling abroad and is eager to see what this globetrotting adventure has to offer. (Notice they said “globetrotting.” Please watch this season, it won’t suck like the last one.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 06:09:52 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »
yup lol  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 06:19:09 PM »
heres the 101

Restaurant 101
10018 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY

(718) 833-1313 phone

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=312272&rpid=3514

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
great find puddin!! maybe ill go visit when im in brooklyn sometime :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »
I'm not sure it's a match ..thats as big as I could get the pic..the bar with the Dees might be Esca but i cant find a picture and dont care to look anymore  :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »
in the pic from the artical it looks like the green lights are off :giggle:

Offline Scottiee

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »
heres the 101

Restaurant 101
10018 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY

(718) 833-1313 phone

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=312272&rpid=3514

Actually there is a Restaurant 101 in Brooklyn & one in Staten Island -- she works at the one in S.I. (not this one).

Funny, though -- I made up the whole "cocktail waitress in Bay Ridge Brooklyn" (right across the bridge from S.I.) thing just because of the hair.  I had no idea I was right, just a neighborhood off.... lol

Scott (aka "Linda")

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 01:04:16 PM »

Actually there is a Restaurant 101 in Brooklyn & one in Staten Island -- she works at the one in S.I. (not this one).

Funny, though -- I made up the whole "cocktail waitress in Bay Ridge Brooklyn" (right across the bridge from S.I.) thing just because of the hair.  I had no idea I was right, just a neighborhood off.... lol

Scott (aka "Linda")

Good Guess Scott or should we call you Linda  :lol: ?
You site is a roar Scott  ..I have it bookmarked in my favs &  :welcome:

Offline Scottiee

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »
Thanks puddin!

The teams look pretty interesting this time.... should be fun to write about :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »
LOL @ your take on Lake & Michelle to name a few .. I was dying  :rotf:

(He beats her. And smiles while he does it.)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »
They are hottiest babes in TAR9.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
 :( :'(

'Race' Bids 'Arrivederci' To 'Pinkies'

NEW YORK, March 29, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) The brash New Yorkers nicknamed "the Pinkies" and the "Double-Ds," who got the boot from "The Amazing Race 9" in Tuesday night's episode, say they were misled by Lake and Michelle.

Childhood friends and recent college grads Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner, both 22 and from the New York City borough of Staten Island, pulled up the rear as the eight remaining teams ventured from Germany to Italy.

According to the show's official Web site, "A computer made all the difference for best friends BJ & Tyler, who kept their lead throughout the leg after being the only Team to book tickets online on the earliest flight to Palermo, Italy. When a ticketing mistake put married parents Lake & Michelle in last place, they managed to pull ahead of childhood friends Danielle & Dani just long enough to Yield them. The Yield allowed dating couple Ray & Yolanda to pass Danielle & Dani, who became the fourth Team eliminated from the race.

…Arriving at the mat in last place, childhood friends Danielle & Dani joked, “Just tell us Phil.” Indeed, the pair had been eliminated from "The Amazing Race." On the experience, Dani said, “We’ve learned more in the Race than people learn in a lifetime about themselves. We definitely have strong minds and big hearts. We’re the Double D’s from New York.”

They say Ray and Yolanda were five to ten minutes ahead of them at the end, but Lake and Michelle had misled them, saying Ray and Yolanda were behind them. They say they thought they were friends with Lake and Michelle, so Lake and Michelle should have yielded Ray and Yolanda, not them.   :jam:

On The Early Show Wednesday, Dani told (video) co-anchor Julie Chen participating in the race "definitely made our friendship stronger. I think we look at each other with a different respect right now, and a different level. Danielle definitely helped me through some times that were really stressful."

Danielle said it worked both ways: "I never thought I'd break down as much as I did toward the end. And she was so good, making me feel better about it."

"Now we share something most best friends can't say they share," Dani concurred."

What's next for them?

"We've always wanted to do something in television or entertainment, so maybe this is our steppingstone," Danielle suggested.

"At the end of everything, there's definitely something new!" Dani concluded.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/29/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main1449482.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Danielle & Dani ~ Childhood friends /Philiminated
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
“Other Teams Thought That We Would Be a Threat” – An Interview with The Amazing Race 9’s Dani & Danielle
by Jenn Brasler -- 03/30/2006

The fourth team out this season, Dani & Danielle were best friends with attractive personalities and the desire to win. Read on to find out what they have to say about Eric & Jeremy and what they wish they had done better.

RealityNewsOnline: Hi, Danielle and Dani! Sorry if I ever called you by the wrong names. You two were a lot of fun to watch. Who did you think would be the team to beat?

Dani & Danielle: We wanted to beat the boys, Eric and Jeremy.

RNO: What advantages and disadvantages did you think you had compared to the other teams?

Danielle: We thought our looks would be able to help us get the things we wanted. Disadvantages were that we didn’t have that much travel experience. We could have used help with driving a stick-shift, reading maps, etc. More practice!

RNO: Did you pack anything unusual or interesting? Did you pack too much, too little, or just enough?

Dani & Danielle: We definitely had the biggest backpacks. We brought our blow dryer! We definitely packed too much.

RNO: What did you learn about yourselves and each other on the race?

Danielle: I learned that even though I was afraid of a lot of things, when you are made to do it, you will do anything to get it.

Dani: I learned that anything really is possible. There was a lot of times that I went into some things thinking that there was no way that I could do this but I learned that anything I want in life I can have if I really work hard enough at it.

RNO: Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?

Dani & Danielle: Pack less. Practice stick-shift driving. Brush up on map-reading.

RNO: Why did you follow Wanda and Desiree on the Autobahn?

Dani & Danielle: We aren’t that great at reading maps and it was a long drive. We thought if we followed one of the weaker teams, then we might be able to beat them on the race to the end, which we did.

RNO: How far were you behind Ray and Yolanda at the last roadblock?

Dani & Danielle: Probably about ten minutes.

RNO: Okay, so what’s the dirt on Eric and Jeremy? Can you tell us what really went on?

Dani & Danielle: There was a lot of flirting, and we got close with them at the pit stops and so we were able to bond with them. Since they were so close in age, we got along great and they were a lot of fun to be around. They constantly had us laughing.

RNO: Are you still in touch with the guys?

Dani & Danielle: Yes, we are all still friends.

RNO: Is there anything you want to say to people or that you want them to know about you?

Dani & Danielle: Before the show, we were portrayed as two blond bimbos, but I think you got to know us on the show and we were viewed in a better light. We were portrayed accurately and ultimately other teams thought that we would be a threat.

RNO: Thanks for the interview! It’s obvious that you two had a lot of fun on the race, and I’m glad you got that great experience together.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article6066.art&page=1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Danielle & Dani TV Guide interview
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 12:04:55 AM »
Double-Ds Denied on Amazing Race
by Rochell D. Thomas

The Amazing Race's Danielle and Dani

Last week Danielle and Dani — "the Double-Ds" — became the fourth team to be eliminated from CBS' ninth edition of The Amazing Race (now airing Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET). But before the Staten Island bartenders got the boot, they raced from Colorado through Brazil, Russia, Germany and Italy — in five days. Oh, what a ride! The day after their swan song aired, the gals talked to TVGuide.com about their Amazing ups and downs... and why the slacker frat-boys team gets their vote.

TVGuide.com: How did you sell yourself during your Amazing Race audition?
Dani: Our line was, "We're competitive bitches and we look hot in bikinis!"
TVGuide.com: Ah. Then later you were nicknamed the Double Ds. For the record: What are your cup sizes?
Both: [Laugh]
Danielle: I wear a 34D.
Dani: 34C.

TVGuide.com: Are they real?
Dani: Of course they are!
Danielle: We're blessed. It's amazing what a little water and sunshine can do.

TVGuide.com: In Brazil you tried to use your looks to get ahead. How far did you think your breasts were going to get you?
Dani: We overestimated how far our boobs would get us. America's much different than the rest of the world. In America if you walk down the street in a tight shirt and jeans, you can get anything you want. In other countries, it's not like that. We found out on the first leg of the race that that wasn't going to be the way to go.
Danielle: Maybe if we were in a hot place where we were able to wear bikinis, it would have helped, but we were in cold damn Russia, wearing a lot of fleeces.

TVGuide.com: What was going through your mind when you got lost in Germany for a third time?
Danielle: How ridiculous it was that we kept getting left in the back of the pack.

TVGuide.com: Why didn't you just take the lead from Wanda and Desiree?
Dani: At that point, we didn't want to go a separate way and maybe have a local help them find the way before us.
Danielle: We knew we were probably in last place, so we wanted to go neck and neck with them and then break away, so we could race ahead of them. That was the strategy.

TVGuide.com: Dani, how did you manage to forget your pack in the locker room in Russia?
Dani: I was just trying to get my pants on. Honestly, I was hoping my teammate, since she wasn't under as much stress as I was, would pick me up. After she climbed down her building [in Brazil], I had her bags ready and a glass of water waiting for her.
Danielle: But I wasn't in the dressing room with you!
Dani: She didn't remember anything. She just ran out of there as fast as I did.

TVGuide.com: Eric and Jeremy made it sound like things got a little frisky in Russia. Who hooked up with whom?
Dani: Eric and Jeremy were trying to look cool on television. They wanted to make it seem like something went on. We were all friends and we all hung out together. Danielle got along with Eric more and I got along with Jeremy more.
Danielle: Flirting helped create an alliance.

TVGuide.com: Are they good kissers?
Both: [Laugh]
Dani: When you find out, let us know! There was a lot of flirting and maybe a little cuddling on the plane.... That's about it.

TVGuide.com: How did you feel when you saw them say stuff like, "We gotta make the girls feel good so we can get in their pants later"?
Danielle: We didn't know they were saying those things behind our backs. Knowing them, they were probably just joking around, but people who don't know them are like, "Those guys are jerks! They're perverts!"

TVGuide.com: Danielle, how did you get over your stick-shift-driving problem in Italy?
Danielle: It took me 20,000 years, but eventually I figured it out. There was a lot of stalling and braking going on.
Dani: Not to mention we both didn't realize the emergency brake was on. We almost burned out the engine!
Danielle: We almost didn't have a car to drive.

TVGuide.com: I was proud you didn't boo-hoo on the pit-stop mat.
Danielle: There was enough boo-hooing on the way to the pit stop. And when we got yielded.
Dani: We knew we were last. The whole time we walked down to the pit stop, we were just talking to each other about how it had been a rough ride and how if this was the end, we were ready for it.

TVGuide.com: Which was your favorite leg of the race?
Danielle: Brotas in Brazil — we did a lot of things that day involving strength, like climbing a waterfall and climbing outside a building. That was really cool and one of our good days.

TVGuide.com: Whom would you put your money on to win Amazing Race 9?
Dani: We're rooting for the frat boys — and not just because we like them!
Danielle: They're hard players and are really smart.
Dani: They're the only team that stuck by us and tried to help us out.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/default.htm?cmsRedir=true&rmDate=04052006&cmsGuid={C5BBC536-9948-4A95-91DC-181F6B17DA9C}