Author Topic: Gauntlet episode 1/30/06 disussion  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Gauntlet episode 1/30/06 disussion
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:32:18 AM »
Alright... Tongiht is another fun night at the Real World/Road Rules  challenges.  Tonight will be the woman gauntlet... who will be going?  Kina or Beth?  Who will the challenger be?

The previews look like a tight rope walking thing....should be interesting.  The rookies have alot of lighter people, but can they balance?

Will there be a fight?  :meow:  What will the DRAMA be tonight?

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
Re: Gauntlet episode 1/30/06 disussion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:41:15 PM »
No real surprises this week... Vets lose AGAIN.... Beth vs. Montana (are we surprised?  lol)

Although, I'm thinkin' that Derrick might have opened his big mouth at the wrong time (again.. no big surprise!).  He might have just screwed the pooch for the ol' vet team   :groan:   NOTHING Beth does at this point is gonna surprise me!  lol

I was waiting for a *something* between the vet guys and rookie girls with the whole alliance thing, but they kinda just dropped that.  Wonder if that's gonna pop up again.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:59:25 AM »
I'm a little confused on this whole alliance thing. :-\ So..who approached who with the idea? And at the end of this episodes mission, why was Kina acting really nicely towards Suzy and Cara? It just didn't seem genuine.

Anyways, at the beginning of the show I really liked Kina, but now she just seems to power-hungry.

Just some thoughts.

<3 Justine
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
Yeah Derrick should have just left it at I was rooting for Montanya.  Now I can see Beth trying to lose on purpose to get Derrick to have to go in the gauntlet.

I thought Montana might take her at first...did anyoen else notice that Beth had the rope in her hand at the beginning?  So this meant she had more rope on her side at the begining it was not pulled straight.  I think this gave her a slight advantage.

The whole alliance thing I think will come up again, I think.  And i agree the rookies have a lot from the same season.  Kina was a good player at the beginning and then she is power hungry now.  She wants all the prizes.  But I do think she is as tough as all the girl players there.  Ibis could beat her but they would not vote her in.

Do we think the Vets will win anymore challenges?  mark and Syrus got pretty far.  Beth not even trying was bad, especailly since she knew they would lose.

I do not know Cara from her show, but she does nto seem all that friendly on the show.  I do tno see many rookies hanging with the vets.

Also WHAT WAS Robin thinking!?!?!?  Her hair in pig tails and the pink mumu thing.

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 12:23:55 PM »
My guess is that Kina is trying to keep the peace and not make Suzy and Cara make an alliance if there isn't already one formed.  My guess is that there isn't an alliance, probably something that got blown out of proportion, but now Kina has given them ideas :groan:  Although, these two don't strike me as real power people... I don't think it would go very far unless they hooked up with the right people, and for some reason, don't see that happening.

I'm beginning to wonder about Jillian... I don't know her from her season, so I know NOTHING about her.  Did it seem like her story changed to anyone else?  Seems fishy to me...

I think the Vets will win again (maybe this is wishful thinking on my part... I do have a soft spot for Mark for some reason!) they've got some good strong guys on their team, but I'm sorry, Robin needs to go.  I just don't see her doing much of anything.  And as much as Beth bugs me, I love watching what she does!  lol  I think as far as the men go, the Rookies have the advantage.  Landon, MJ and Alton all rock.  Derrick seems to be holding his own, but I don't think he'll make it to the end. 

I still want Ruthie back!!  Talk about losing the heart of your team!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 12:37:14 PM »
I agree with you about the team mix up.  Robin I think will slow them down at the end if it is a race like it has been in the pass.

I think Jillian was trying to make sure she stays to the end.  Might not have been a great choice in causing the rift, but doe sput the other two on the radar before her.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »
I don't know anything about Jillian either. I have no idea what cast she's from or anything. So I'm not sure what to expect of her but you can defintely tell that she was trying to save her own butt in the end of the argument.

I also have a soft spot for Mark because he tries so hard. So in some ways I want the Veterans to win *I also liked Ace, sad way to leave**And Ruthie...that is defintely losing the heart of your team*. But I kind of like the Rookies too. The guys are a really strong part of their team.
oXo Justine

Offline TXRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • My favorite Texan!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:45:19 AM »
I do like the Rookies too... but I think I'm more partial to people... there are some I really like on both teams, so that is making it tougher on me to root for one side or the other.  Before they split it up this way, it was just so easy for me to always root for Real World because I like so many more of them!  lol.... or maybe it was because Veronica was on there making it so easy for me to hate her team    :giggle:

In regards to Beth... I'm guessing she won't be there for the long haul... she'll get into a gauntlet with someone like Julie doing a challenge where her weight is a disadvantage.  But, I've been wrong before!

I also like Ace... there is something kinda *aw, shucks* about him that is cute, but I am glad he stepped up when he screwed the pooch for his team.  I can respect that.

Syrus could take Derrick out... but I don't see Syrus going to the gauntlet anytime soon, unless something big happens.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 09:30:47 AM »
1. On the rookies women aliance with vet men - would have been dumb because the challenges will most likely favor the men in the end or enough strength challenges to garuantee a victory.

2. Jillian is shady not slim shady. LOL. I think she was very decieving/whinny on her season.

3. The only challenge I've seen in the Guantlet that would favor a smaller person is the climbing up the rope to get the flag every other Guantlet challenge favors a heiver person. I think Beth will stay until the Guantlet challenge changes. Hey it might be her season, but I'd love to see Julie kick her arse not before Beth sends Anisa away though. LOL.

4. Yeah I think Derrick will be cued out of the challenge. You know strategy.

5. I think the tide will turn on Kina and a wipe-out is ahead.

This season is focusing on getting rid of the physically week players and should turn out to be interesting.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 09:33:45 AM »
I agree I like people on both teams.  Alton is like, he seems so down to earth.  Stong team player and tries to keep the peace on his team.  Are we sure he went through a real world show? :cocky:

Ruthie was the heart of her team!  Ace was just a fun guy. I think it they were not fighting their own team we would see a whole different set of people left.  Not many on the rookie team I think could beat Ruthie.  But Alton would kick but on some of the men.

I am not sure what they are goignto do on these challenges going forward....the "vets" are getting older and their are not going to be any new road rules people so the splits going forward is going to be interesting.  I say get the 24 players and make them draw buffs or something.  That would really mix it up.  You will still have the old timers gang up on the new ones, but it will e a little more challenging.

I agree about Beth if they have to climb the cargo net her weight will go against her.  Or even the Q & A one, if she does not know the answer and some one is faster.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 11:51:02 PM »
There are a few gauntlets that would use Beth's weight against her. It's just that the guantlets we've seen were "Captains Choice" or "Challengers Choice" and of course they've been using ones we've seen. So hopefully they get a different one soon.

Seriously though, what are they going to do soon when all the vets don't want to come back anymore. I mean I know that Mark has been on these challenges for like, ever, but he's going to stop sometime. He's not going to be coming onto these challenges with a walker or anything. Plus, why don't they have Road Rules' anymore? I kind of liked those shows.

<3 Justine
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »
Apparently MTV agreed to do more real World shows but did tno pick up Road Rules.  Not sure if it is the camera curise traveling versus Real WOrld all in the same location?  We sure ahve gotten soem interesting charachters from Road Rules.  And I liked seeing the different challenges.