Author Topic: News on the Upcoming Season of the Apprentice  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
News on the Upcoming Season of the Apprentice
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »
According to this USA article, it looks as if the Fifth Edition of the Apprentice is being moved to Mondays (opposite 24 and to replace Las Vegas, which will move to Friday).

I'm not too sure what to think of the fact that TA is airing opposite 24, but thank God it's not airing opposite The Amazing Race (where I originally thought it would air).

No word on the official start date, but I'm guessing it'll start on February 27 right after the Winter Games.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: News on the Upcoming Season of the Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 11:38:15 PM »
Aw Shucks.  I just started "getting into" 24, but really like Apprentice.  Will tape one of 'em.

Thanks for the update, revengefullycreative...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:57:03 AM »
NBC is so stupid ..TA wont be able to hold a candle to 24 or Two & a Half men  :jam: , then they are moving Vegas to Friday nights ?..I guess we can kiss that show ba-bye ...moving a show to Fridays is sure death , except of course Ghost Whisper  ( love it . )

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:51:04 AM »
All 3 networks are stupid...like last season, ABC put Alias on the same time as Survivor!!!  grrrr.  So I was trying to toggle between them...watching little bits of Alias during Surivior breaks. Survivor was my priority!  I've taped nearly all seasons commer free. But when Alias was on Sunday, then Wed...I never missed it! 

It's still stuck in my craw about Judging Amy being cancelled Close to Home put in Amy's spot.  But Close didn't do well on Tues and was moved to Fridays...yaaaay!!  Now, I'm hoping it will be cancelled. ha ha.  That baby faced gal playing the leading part needs to go back to the soaps.  Close to Home would be purdy good with Amy Brenneman.  :jumpy:   
CBS was really stupid dumping Amy.  :knuckles:  They could've continued it in many different directions...Amy as a Senator & change the name to Senator Amy; or, say she didn't like the DC scene, so run one season of conflicts living there, but she ends up going back to Connecticut...back to being a Judge & life goes on as usual!  Or, while in DC,  she meets a senator, marries him and the show is renamed  Amy & the Senator or whutever.  Weeelll...just a few thots.!   
Honestly, I think JA could've continued it's popularity with a few adjustments to the storyline and stayed in the Tues time slot w/ great success.

Ok, guess this thread was about Apprentice, huh? 
I'm looking forward to the next season!!  So bring it awwwn!

Ruday  :yaya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:34:12 AM »
Off_Topic ..Yup ABC is stupid too they ruined Alias first they realized they already had a hit with it so moved it and gave DHW its time slot ..bad enough they moved it to Wendsdays but Thursdays against Survivor ..uh uh I would no give up my survivor fix , we recorded a few ep of Alias only to find out the story line was to hard to follow ..such a shame this was the show to watch at one time . Now CBS has got it going on !! I like Close to Home Rudy but thats just me ..it brings tears  to my eyes ..CBS has a pretty good Friday night line up as well as Sunday ..do you ever watch Cold Case ? love it  :jumpy:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »
I dunno.  I'm pretty bored with the Apprentice.  I'm not sure I'll watch this season, even though it is on Monday nights.

PS - I lurve Cold Case, puddin :flirt:
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
PS - I lurve Cold Case, puddin

One of the best written shows out there  ! Swanee I know this is silly but I watch i Cold Case because it makes me cry  :angel:
Do you ever watch Ghost Whisper ? same thing it makes me all teary eyed and HEART the husband hes such the cutie patootie  :flirt:  .

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 12:53:53 PM »
I can't say as I've ever watched a full episode of Ghost Whisperer, but the bits that I've seen make me think I know what you're talking about.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »
Off_Topic ..Yup ABC is stupid too they ruined Alias first they realized they already had a hit with it so moved it and gave DHW its time slot ..bad enough they moved it to Wendsdays but Thursdays against Survivor ..uh uh I would no give up my survivor fix , we recorded a few ep of Alias only to find out the story line was to hard to follow ..such a shame this was the show to watch at one time .
Seasons 1 & 2 were the best Alias'es. Seas 3 was good, but it seemed to me by Seas4, the writers were struggling for a great storyline & it never got there.  Like you puddin, I wouldn't give up my survivor fix for Alias... or any other show (well maybe JAmy?!! ha ha...nope...not even for JA!) 
Now CBS has got it going on !! I like Close to Home Rudy but thats just me ..it brings tears  to my eyes ..CBS has a pretty good Friday night line up as well as Sunday ..do you ever watch Cold Case ? love it  :jumpy:
Close to Home has good stories, I just don't like Finnegan in that part.  Now the gal in Cold Case or Kyra Sedgwick, Amy Brenneman, Jill Hennessy...those IMHO, would fit lots better.  Yes, I watch Cold Case once in awhile, but lately have been watching the old 24's, same time as CC.  On Fridays, Monk & House are the two I like.  I've never watched Ghost Whisperer, but have it marked in TVguide to watch this week...to see if I like it!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 07:15:02 PM by RudyRules »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 07:44:47 PM »
I love Monk too Ruday but its not the same without Sharona  :'(

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
I'm a newbie Monk viewer so don't know Sharona.  Next time there's a Monk marathon, I'd like to tape 'em & see the older shows. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »
My Sharona

:cheer: 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 08:53:29 PM »
 She looks familiar.  Think I saw her on an old Monk marathon last spring. 

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 08:43:38 AM »
I'm thinking of skipping App5, and saving my (waning) interest in the show for the Hollywood version (App6, I think).

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 04:10:56 AM »
Do you ever watch Ghost Whisper ? same thing it makes me all teary eyed and HEART the husband hes such the cutie patootie  :flirt:  .
I watched most of Ghost Whisperer last week & really liked it. Very touching, meaningful story IMO.  I'll watch it again.  Excellent acting!  Thanks for the nudge, puddin.  :hugs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »
Your welcome Rudy ..glad you liked it   :-*

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »
I'm thinking of skipping App5, and saving my (waning) interest in the show for the Hollywood version (App6, I think).

I'm on the fence.  With 24 being off the hook, it pretty much a final decision that I'm sticking with that.  And then the encore will air opposite TAR and/or AI, which means that it doesn't look like I'll get a chance.  That's a shame, because despite the interest decreasing over the past 1.5 years, I still tune into TA.  It would've been best to have it air on Wednesday (at least for me).  As for the Hollywood version, I don't know if it'll happen if TA loses its viewers.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on