Author Topic: Twins Terrell and Derrell charged with forgery; Terrell is currently in jail  (Read 11909 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
from reality blurred

Two of the better performers to appear on Tuesday night’s American Idol 5 debut have both been charged with “with forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud,” according to the Commercial Appeal.

Terrell Brittenum has been in jail since January 10, while his brother Derrell “is expected to turn himself in” soon. Last June, in Georgia, they allegedly bought a 2005 Dodge Magnum “allegedly by using another man’s identity,” the paper reports.

“Memphis police chanced upon Derrell Brittenum Oct. 30 at a BP station,” while “[h]is brother was arrested Nov. 2 on a fugitive charge. … Both men were able to bond out in early November,” according to the Commercial Appeal. But “they refused to be extradited to Georgia, [so] authorities there got a governor’s warrant for them to be re-arrested for an extradition hearing.”

Both Terrell and Derrell “have previous arrest records,” People reports. “Terrell has an arrest record for a traffic violation and a charge of disorderly conduct for which he paid a $50 fine. Derrell Brittenum was arrested in 1998 for theft over $500 and in 2000 for contempt of court and passing bad checks, court records show.”

Both brothers made it through to the Hollywood round, which will air in a few weeks and has already been taped. FOX, naturally, had no comment. “We do not comment on the personal lives of our show participants,” an unhelpful flak said.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
I heard about this also today.  I wonder what's going to happen to them.  Are they going to let them stay in or are they out?? ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I heard this today on one of those news shows ..I bet AI just won't even acknowledge them now or in the future , besides they were not that good imo  .

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
My question is, why would they even show thier audtion if they knew about this???

Strange!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Simon Cowell Warns American Idol Wannabes to be Honest About Criminal Past  1/20/06

British music mogul Simon Cowell is urging American Idol wannabes to "come clean" about their criminal pasts after another scandal has blown up in producers' faces.

Cowell, who is among the judges on the hit show, is tired of having to get rid of top picks when their scandalous pasts come back to haunt them.

And now he faces having to axe twins Terrell and Derrell Brittenum from the competition after discovering they refused to mention a forgery, theft and financial identity fraud rap when producers asked them to disclose any legal matters on entering the competition.

The twins became instant hits on Tuesday night (17JAN06) when they performed in the first show of the new American Idol season.

Cowell says, "I like them, we put them through. This might be history, nothing surprises me on the show. It happens."

And he wants all other contestants to reveal all when it comes to their criminal pasts - or risk immediate ejection from the show.

He says, "It happens every year, so 'Come clean guys, tell us what you've done!'"

The talent show's past scandals have included contestants failing to divulge criminal records for battery and theft, and one wannabe was exposed as an internet sex star.

http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/january06/article012006-8.html

Nuala

Could a criminal past keep contestants out of the running even if they come clean about their past?

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
I would be surprised if they kept the boys since they disqualified Corey, Frenchie, etc for lying to them about their past. 

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
No, a criminal past can't keep a contest out IF, and only IF they come clean, but with these twins, its not past for them, its present, and that will keep them out!!

Just my thoughts, I have no idea!! LOL

Rob

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Why would they show their clip then?  That's what I don't understand.  I mean they probably knew about it by then.   ???

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Well, that is what I asked, but I am guessing that after they got the publicity, someone said "Hey, they just got arrested" and alerted the media!

I don't know!

Rob

Nuala

I bet they are thinking man...this could have been our chance?

Nuala

the smoking gun has done it again.  Here you go:  http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0119061idol1.html

Here is the picture.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
The camera loves them

Rob

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Well, that is what I asked, but I am guessing that after they got the publicity, someone said "Hey, they just got arrested" and alerted the media!

I don't know!

Rob

Ummm....can't believe I repeated you.   And I had read it too.  Sorry :umn: :groan:

:lol:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
I would be surprised if they kept the boys since they disqualified Corey, Frenchie, etc for lying to them about their past. 

Same here.  After all, how would TPTB proceed, given that Terrell's still in jail?!  At least with Scott, IIRC he didn't really lie; it just never came up, and was old news.  Ditto for Bo.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
TPTB? IIRC?   ??? 

Too bad these guys goofed up.  I thought they sang purdy good.

Why doesn't AI screen their potential contestants like other similar shows & prevent a lot of trouble?  Or maybe they don't care cuz it gives their audience something to chew the fat about!  B:) B:) B:) B:)   LOL!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
TPTB = The Power that Be (a.k.a. the executives and other higher-ups that run things)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Sorry about that, RudyRules!

Sucks about the twins; maybe they'll fail to make it to the third round anyway (how come it's never the folks that fail to mkae it to the final 24/32 or the next round that have a criminal background?  They probably do but it's not an issue if they're out I suppose).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Information:
The American Idol twins who were arrested last week are out of jail, and
they're talking.

They appeared on V-103 radio's Frank and Wanda Morning Show to tell their side
of the story.

One of their attorneys, Maurice Bennett was with them. 

Derrell and Terrell Brittenum made it through a preliminary round in the
competition and were headed to Hollywood - that is before they got arrested.
Show producers tell Fox station WAGA in Atlanta the twins have been
"uninvited."

The Brittenums are alleged to have used someone else's identity to purchase a
new vehicle last June in Rockdale County, Georgia.  The charges are forgery and
felony theft by deception.

But lawyer Bennett didn't offer a direct answer on the radio show when asked if
the car was stolen.

The Rockdale County D-A's office says each twin got out of jail on a
30-thousand dollar bond.  The case may go to a grand jury soon.

But, even with the twins booted from American Idol the star hasn't fallen yet.
A man saying he represents Atlanta's hip-hop and rap label - So So Def Records -
was on the radio show and offered the twins a record deal.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
TPTB = The Power that Be (a.k.a. the executives and other higher-ups that run things)
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
Sorry about that, RudyRules!
Aww...No prob, RFC (if I may call you that?!) Thanks for jogging my memory!  I forgot I had an ACRONYMS Word document, which included TPTB.  I added IIRC to it.  I posted a bunch of acronyms at rff, but since things have been updated, not sure if they're still here.
Sucks about the twins; maybe they'll fail to make it to the third round anyway (how come it's never the folks that fail to mkae it to the final 24/32 or the next round that have a criminal background?  They probably do but it's not an issue if they're out I suppose).
I don't condone their aleged crime & they should be punished for it,  but i'm glad they've been offered a record deal.  Maybe that will encourage them to direct their lives in a positive direction & they won't commit any more crimes...