I have a ton of TAR questions. I am convinced that when my wife an I apply, we will be picked...and win!
So here it goes:
1. When should you exchange currency/ how much currency to exchange?
2. Bottled water - provided or not?
3. When or should you call for a taxi at the end of each leg? Or is there a rule against this now?
4. How often can you tell what the Roadblock is before you read the clue?
5. How often do you rely on cell phones?
6. Tips for international travel or what to do after plane lands?ie customs
7. Time change on watches? Alarm clocks? How does that work during the race with all the time changes?
8. What to pack........ cold weather clothes, sleeping bag, stuff for taking showers,....?
9. iPods and mp3s allowed?
10. How long do the pit stop interviews last?
11. How difficult is it to sleep during pit stops?
12. Does production tell you when/where to leave your bags during roadblocks & detour?
13. Does a map from a detour ever help later in the leg with navigation?
I realize that most of these would only be known by racers or from reading racer interviews. I was also going to DM a few of these questions on twitter to some former racers, but I'll give them a shot here first. Thanks ahead of time
Some of these may be wrong. But most I know for fact.
1. All of it, at airports.
3. If still allowed, probably after the Pit Start.
4. If you see other teams doing it.
5. Never your own, occasionally teams have borrowed a local's iPhone or Blackberry to search directions.
6. Go to customs, baggage claim, etc.
7. Probably find out time difference from flight attendants or airport staff, and they set their watch
8. I'm guessing youre on your own with packing, there could be a brief list though
10. No clue, I'm guessing an hour.
11. Not sure.