Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!  (Read 477458 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!
« Reply #3675 on: January 06, 2017, 07:02:53 AM »
For me any Mediterranean leg is a joy to see as it is one of my favorite European destinations. Spain, Greece, Croatia, Malta... Hoping for double legs in Spain in the future.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • bye
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!
« Reply #3676 on: January 06, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
I have been to Riga many times in my life, with the most recent occasion in mid-December.
It is a very populated city and tasks in the old town region would provide an amazing chaotic urban leg!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3677 on: January 06, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
I have been to Riga many times in my life, with the most recent occasion in mid-December.
It is a very populated city and tasks in the old town region would provide an amazing chaotic urban leg!

bet you would rather see Vilnius  :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • bye
« Reply #3678 on: January 06, 2017, 05:21:06 PM »
Haha, surely, but I could see them thinking "what else is there unique that Vilnius can offer", while Riga would seem cool just by adding a new country in Latvia. :P

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'The Goat'
« Reply #3679 on: January 06, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »
The Race should really visit Ibiza  :funny:

If they visit Ibiza, they MUST do a task involving the song!  :funny:

Do you mean I took a pill in Ibiza?

yea
'Nice Garry'

Offline TARmap

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3680 on: January 16, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
If the next season were to be an All Star season (this is purely hypothetical), what would you guys think about having vote for all the teams that are cast? So something similar to what they did for Survivor Cambodia Second Chance.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3681 on: February 19, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »
Leg 1: USA -> Australia [Non Elimination]  (Melbourne)
Leg 2: Australia [Elimination- 11th]  (Kalgoorlie)
Leg 3: Australia -> Fiji [Elimination- 10th/ Fast Forward]  (Suva)
Leg 4: Fiji -> Japan [Elimination- 9th]  (Osaka, Kyoto)
Leg 5: Japan -> Taiwan [Elimination- 8th/Double U-Turn]  (Taipei)
Leg 6: Taiwan -> Kenya [Non-Elimination]  (Nairobi)
Leg 7: Kenya [Elimination- 7th/ Fast Forward]  (Mombasa)
Leg 8: Kenya -> Cyprus [Elimination- 6th]  (Nicosia)
Leg 9: Cyprus -> Switzerland [Non-Elimination]  (Geneva, Bern)
Leg 10: Switzerland -> Belgium [Elimination- 5th/ Single U-Turn]  (Brussels)
Leg 11: Belgium -> Belize [Elimination- 4rth]  (Belize City, Caracas)
Leg 12: Belize -> United States [Final 3]

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3682 on: February 20, 2017, 10:23:06 AM »
If the next season were to be an All Star season (this is purely hypothetical), what would you guys think about having vote for all the teams that are cast? So something similar to what they did for Survivor Cambodia Second Chance.
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2006/10/the-amazing-race-11-rejected_teams_react/

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • bye
« Reply #3683 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
Why did you post that 10-year-old article? ???

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I feel like TAR is presently on the 'throw it in the air and see if it sticks' course of routing, thus an unrealistic but still feasibly possible routing:

LEG 1 - Los Angeles, CA to Manila, Philippines
LEG 2 - to Atauro Is., East Timor1
LEG 3 - to Ainaro, East Timor [NEL]
LEG 4 - to Baku, Azerbaijan
LEG 5 - to Novi Sad, Serbia2,3 [KOR]
LEG 6 - to Herceg Novi, Montenegro
LEG 7 - to Amman, Jordan
LEG 8 - to Petra NP, Jordan [NEL]
LEG 9 - to Simisiut, Greenland, Denmark4
LEG 10 - to Newcastle, England
LEG 11 - to North Brabant province, Netherlands5
LEG 12 - to Seattle, WA

Notes-
1 - if I could find flights to Dili, then so could any reasonable travel agent TAR paid to stay open the entire night.  :)
2 - teams would fly from Baku to Belgrade and then drive themselves from there (not for long though lol)
3 - there is, conveniently enough, a daily bus from Novi Sad to Budva, which is close enough for teams to drive themselves (again!)
4 - actually viable and not -AS- aggressively expensive or difficult to do; Phil would definitely need a lead up before and some way to get ahead of teams afterward.
5 - teams travel by ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, then drive several hundred kilometers to get to Eindhoven for most of the leg and Biesbosch for the Pit Stop