Author Topic: Randal & Rebecca on Larry King tonight  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Randal & Rebecca on Larry King tonight
« on: December 19, 2005, 08:08:50 PM »
Just thought y'all would like to know that Randal, Rebecca & DT will be on Larry King tonight 9pm est.  Donald Rumsfeld is on right now,  so you haven't missed them.

If you do miss this episode, Larry King reruns are @ midnight and 3am.  Check your listings.

Sounds like it could be an interesting show.   :thumbC:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: Randal & Rebecca on Larry King tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 01:57:14 AM »
Did you see the show Reality Junkee?  Was it interesting?  Did Larry King blast Donald for not hiring Rebecca as well? (:;) (:;)

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 11:54:23 AM »
Did you see the show Reality Junkee?  Was it interesting?  Did Larry King blast Donald for not hiring Rebecca as well? (:;) (:;)

Bathfizzy, to answer your questions as best as possible in a nutshell, here goes:

First of all, DT wasn't in a studio, LK talked to him on the phone.  DT said that when he decided to do it (ask Randal about Rebecca), he said it was a live show and thought about 1/2 and hour into the final decision he would do it (Yeah right....there was going to be a shocker which to me indicates he knew more then 1/2 an hour into the show)  |(    But he really did think Randal would say he thought it to be a good idea and was surprised given the fact that Randal was very happy that night.  But he said Randal is an unusual guy ((^ , and brilliant guy and Randal went against popular thinking which was tough.

DT did bring up a good and interesting point.  He said Miss USA told DT that if somebody else asked her to share her crown she would say no as well.  Which does make sense as well.

Rebecca was shocked but has gotten alot of offers that are on the table that she is looking over (good for her ]][ )

Randal said he has alot of respect for Rebecca and thinks she's outstanding and agreed they worked well together.  They both had a high level of mutal respect for each other.  He says quote: "Nothing I said that evening as some may have interpreted, precluded the possibility of Rebecca still joining any organization including the Trump organization.  None of the other three Apprentices (Bill Rancic, etc) had the opportunity to ask the runner up to join the team as well (another good point)......(now my paraphrase)...hiring the Apprentice that night didn't preclude hiring her the next day  or two days later.   He said he possibly left room for her to join the team.

Later on, LK ask DT about how blogs on the internet suggest that he hired him for racial purposes.  DT was VERY offended and thought it was LK who was suggesting that and suggested he was asking to get a couple of ratings towards himself.  LK said he has no idea what he's talking about.  DT says his question isn't even appropriate.  LK says again some bloggers are saying this, not him.  Kept scolding LK for even thinking that.  It had NOTHING to do with race.  LK kept telling DT that it wasn't him, it was something he read on a blog.  LK finallys says that if it was inappropriate, he apologizes.  They finally left it with DT saying "Okay" in a whatever kind of tone. 

LK asked Rebecca what she would have done in the same situation.  She said it wasn't hard for her to answer, she would have said yes to Randal joining the team.  As a business leader she makes business decisions that are best for business and when you see talent in the business world you snatch it up as soon as you have the opportunity.  (YEAH REBECCA...GREAT ANSWER!!! :smileC: )

DT says that he has heard that Yahoo and even Microsoft have made an offer to her.  But if she decided not to take any of the offers, he would offer her something and believes Randal wouldn't object to that.

Randal again says that we (DT and him) would certainly encourage Rebecca to join the Trump team (then why not say yes to begin with???).  He would be happy if she considered it.  However Rebecca again says it's a wonderful offer among MANY wonderful offers.

Randal was heard rumors (probably the internet) that DT would hire both.  But he had no idea that DT would consult him on that decision.  It was surprising to be put in that position.

DT says that Thursday night was an amazing night but everyone should just let it be.  The happiest of all that night....NBC (ain't that the truth ]][ )

DT brings up Rebeccas ankle again ( |( ) and how she worked under pressure and was amazing.  She really was the star of the show.  He also loved her loyalty.  Toral didn't deserve the loyalty. 

Okay, there was more and I DIDN'T do this in a nutshell  ((^ .  But I hope this helps in answering your question as well as others who missed the show. :winkC:

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »
I can't believe Rebecca would even sit next to Randal.  I mean he dicked her over and badly on national television.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Reality Junkee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:41:29 PM »
I can't believe Rebecca would even sit next to Randal.  I mean he dicked her over and badly on national television.

Actually, they were in different studios.  And throughout the interview, outside of a smile here and there, Rebecca had a look as if she were thinking "yeah, right" when DT and Randal spoke. 

I originally had alot of respect for Randal at the beginning of the show.  However, it went way down when he said no in the manner he did to Rebecca.  Did he deserve to be happy after being hired?  Sure.  It really was awful of DT to put it all on Randal on whether to hire Rebecca or not.  DT said it was not for entertainment, but it was for business.

My turn....YEAH, RIGHT! :nonoC: :madC:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »
Thanks for the update to the interview Reality Junkee.  I hope Rebecca takes an offer from a different company and excels and makes 3 times the salary.  Donald was dumb to let her go.  I don't think it was unfair of the Donald to ask Randal if he would hire Rebecca.  He was merely asking Randal (the likeable guy that his teammates loves and respected for his kindness) if Rebeca should be hired.  Seeing as Randal worked well with her and had respect for her.

If Randal said yes, he would had his 15 minutes of fame and then some for not only winning the job as Apprentice but also through his kind, gracious, unselfishness for getting Rebecca hired as well.  Because after the win, I did not see anything in my paper or much elsewhere about Randal.  Not the same hoopla that Bill got.  Ooops I lied, I saw both Rebeca and Randal on some award show where Randal had to say something stupid (similar to his apprentice statement)--I forgot what show I saw them on.  See, no importance at all.   Okay, I am not going to waste my breath or words on this topic.  Good luck to you Rebecca and kick ass in the corporate world!! _-^ _-^ _-^ _-^ _-^ _-^ _-^