Author Topic: I Want To Be On The Amazing Race #5  (Read 25320 times)

Offline crju

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
I Want To Be On The Amazing Race #5
« on: September 26, 2003, 04:53:10 PM »
AR Team

Thanks for all the incredible help and ideas.  I believe our applications are about ready and now to put the finishing touches on the video.

Truly thanks for all the help,
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 05:11:40 PM by crju »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re:I Want To Be On The Amazing Race #5
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 05:04:43 PM »
Welcome crju.. :)..I could never be on TAR...(to lazy ::))
..I belong to a TAR group and one suggestion posted is.."
my take on it is that a video won't even be watched unless there is
something that grabs them in reading the written application portion.
I can't imagine that they would watch thousands of tapes. "

I don't know if this helps you ?I wish you luck ;)would you let us know if you make it??

Offline crju

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 01:18:24 PM »
Puddinpie

Thanks for all the comments,

« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 05:13:12 PM by crju »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 06:50:56 PM »
I really don't have any tips except good luck!!! I would love to see a member become a reality TV contestant!

GO gettem'
Rob

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 11:44:15 PM »
Welcome CRJU.  That would be wonderful if you get picked to be on TAR.  Good luck and let us know. :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 10:02:32 PM »
I just found this..I guess if your in CA. You could try out in person?THE "RACE" IS ON: Memo to fans

And now some good news: There will be an open casting call for "The Amazing Race 5" on Saturday at the Great Mall in Milpitas. The tryout session will run from noon to 4 p.m. A complete set of rules and application form is available at www.kpix.com.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 10:08:20 PM »
We hope you keep us updated!

And you can reply to the message instead of editing the first one! oK?  ;D

Talk to you later, and good luck.

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 09:06:10 PM »
Thanks Rob..I was editing my own posts  because I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to earn those 5 stars ;)<----------Look at me!! I think that I'm at 100 posts!! YIPPEE!! :D Oh wait..you weren't talking to me?? Any way ..I get my 2 stars!!Lot's of Laughs=LOL ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 09:09:16 PM by puddinpie »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 09:21:20 PM »
First of all, I don't care how many times a person posts. That is what a message board is all about, posting. Secondly, some people, including myself may not see the edit on the and see the new info. And I want people to try to get thier five stars.

And I guess I kinda want this to be an archived type of thing where you can see discussions and such go on so if someone wants to catch up on a discussion they can. But if you want to edit your post, that is fine with me, I am too laid back to care, I guess.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rob

P.S. I have added the "Last edit:" back to the posts, I find it helpful for myself I guess and then you can see when someone edited thier post. See below, I edited this post myself.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 09:26:09 PM by Rob »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2003, 10:11:14 PM »
Reality show on the prowl
'Amazing Race' auditions teams in Salinas
By Anne Riley-Katz
The Californian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOTT MACDONALD/THE CALIFORNIAN
Brothers Matt, left, and Michael Blair, firefighters from La Selva Beach, try out Monday for 'The Amazing Race' at an open casting call at KION-TV in Salinas. Tom Lopez of KION, in shadows at left, conducts the two-minute taping.
On TV
The fifth season of "The Amazing Race" will air on CBS in early summer 2004.

The gubernatorial recall contest wasn't the only race under way Monday on the Central Coast.

More than 45 teams of two showed up for an open casting call for the CBS reality show "The Amazing Race" at KION-TV studios in Salinas.

The show features 12 two-person teams from across the United States competing in a race around various continents and countries, searching for clues that point them to their next destination. Teams arriving last at a destination are eliminated each episode, and the winning team receives $1 million in prize money.

CBS contacted KION, its local affiliate, about the open casting call nearly two weeks ago, and it took the station about three days to set up for the taping, said KION program manager Eric Casella.

The casting call started at 3 pm., but some hopefuls arrived much earlier. "We had one couple show up at 8 a.m.," Casella said. "They brought folding chairs and a pot of coffee -- the whole thing."

By 3:30 p.m., more than 30 potential "Race" teams had stepped in front of one of several cameras and taped a two-minute video segment at the studios.

"Most teams come in with prepared statements," Casella said. "One couple lifted each other up, and another talked for one other. Some were very creative -- we had a good mix."

Contestants at Monday's audition ranged from mother-daughter and brother-sister pairs to acquaintances of a few months.

Jill Kleiss of Monterey and Roger Brann of Napa met in August on the Web site Match.com and said their teaming was last-minute.

"He's my 'C' plan; I hoodwinked him into doing it," said Kleiss, who called Brann when her first- and second-choice partners couldn't make it to Monday's audition. The pair has never traveled together before.

"If we get picked and make it through this, then we'll be better friends for it," Brann said.

Best friends Niki Okamura and Kelli Bostwick, both of Seaside, said they are total opposites but travel well together.

"She's the navigator, and I'm directionally challenged," said Bostwick, who's known Okamura for 17 years.

"We work as a team," Okamura agreed. "We just get things done."

Friends Cy Barbree and Billy Brubaker also have traveled together, but without much success.

"I don't think we'll be a good team at all, but it'll be comical," said Barbree, a contractor from King City. "We're like the odd couple, but worse."

When he and Brubaker, who lives in Paso Robles, traveled in Europe, they didn't get along at all, Barbree said.

"He almost left me in an Amsterdam train station," he said.

CBS expects to receive between 15,000 and 20,000 contestant applications, and casting will be completed by early November. Casella will send all of Monday's completed applications and tapes to the network today and said he hopes a team from the Central Coast will be selected to compete.

"It's TV; there are roles to be filled -- the crazy couple, the mean couple, the fun couple," he said. "Hopefully someone from our market will be able to fill one of the roles."

Originally published Tuesday, October 7, 2003

~It's so great to hear that this show is actually coming back on the air.. :D My yahoo group is very active we thought that we said our goodbyes ~ ;DI'm happy~

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 02:06:11 AM »
I just hope this time that CBS picks more likeable teams.  We don't need to see or hear mean people at all.  I also hope that they would have an all star one where they bring back everyone's favourite losers like the Frat Brothers, the brother sister team, the clowns, team prada.  Can't wait to see where they will travel this time.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 11:55:17 AM »
I wish they would come to Houston for open cast Calls.  I could ask one of my online friend to meet me there.  Wouldn't that be a different angle ~ "we are online friends and met on the spoiling boards so we do not know if we would travel well together or not!"

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 01:33:20 AM »
You would be picked for sure Texan.  What a great way to see how online friends would work together.