Author Topic: " LOST" *spoilers*  (Read 108296 times)

Bashful

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Re: Any " LOST" fans ??
« Reply #551 on: November 10, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »
See, I've read that J.J. Abrams created the show with a 5-year arc storyline.  That's a good plan, seeing as if a show catches on, a good run would be 5 years.  Naturally, there are things that can interrupt that plan, such as an actor not wanting to return to a role, forcing the writers to create a different character to fill in the gap and continue with the story.  But it doesn't always work well.  This can leave the audience, who's been focused and loyal from the beginning, wondering what the heck happened.  We feel jerked around, in a manner of speaking.  Well, at least that is how I felt.  The last 2 seasons went unwatched by me, so I still don't know what happened to Sydney, her father, and all the others....Soooooo, after experiencing a let-down with Alias, I was afraid it would happen again with Lost

Am I too picky?  Probably.  I really get into the shows, obviously, and I care what happens.  That's the whole point, isn't it? 

So, if you other Lost fans would care to give me your point of views, perhaps it would help me get over my trepidation.

Bashful I'm so with you on this...you probably didn't know but JJ created Felicity which also bombed after 3 years on air due to his changing the direction or Kerri Russels haircut...LOL

I got hooked and had the same fear you do...but I have one hope...this series is co-writed and developed my a guy named David something...so I'm hoping he won't screw it up but I guess I wont truely know until next year...LOL

On Alias .. I was sooo pissed when he screwed it up..I just saw a comericial where the boxed sets had new scenes not included on the first three seasons i bought but i say screw him..LOL

do i sound bitter or justified...LOL
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #552 on: November 10, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
When they moved Alias we lost interest , when Jenn said she was leaving we had already stopped watching. Cole knows that I was as big a fan as he was  :nods

anywhoooooooo

Lost Redux: Swim for it!

Nov. 9, 2006 12:26 AM

Swim! Swim for your liiiiiiives!!

Was I the only one screaming this at my TV set as Lost cut to black at the end of last night's episode?

Sure, they're on that other Alcatrazy island. And sure, Jack needs to stay put to keep vigil over Ben's kidney sack, but I can't for the life of me figure out why Kate would be so hesitant to make an escape—and save Sawyer's life—just because she didn't have Jack by her side.

Unless...Kate is really in love with Jack! Think about it. She never answered Sawyer when he asked if she really loved him. She never said the magic L word. As far as "choices" go, I'd say a passionate presumed predeath romp is not exactly proof that you've found your soul mate. But then again, what do I know? The truth is we'll have to wait until freaking February  to find out what happens next! Is anyone else in a serious funk about that?

Anyway, here's what we learned...

The breakfast mystery continues. When Jack asked Kate if she had been hurt, she didn't answer and started crying. Now, this could have been because she found out Sawyer was about to be killed, but I'd bet good money that the timing of her tears was not a coincidence and that something did happen to Kate the first morning in the Others' camp (when she was given her dress and led to breakfast on the beach—would you like crepes with that creep?).

Eko left a message for John. He told him to look north, and from what I hear, that is the exact direction Locke and Charlie are headed in the coming episodes. Locke will most definitely be on a mission to bring the gang back together. As for Locke's line "I hope you died for a reason Mr. Eko; I hope it's just not too long before we find out what it might be," it seemed a shout-out to any fans disgruntled over Eko's death that it will serve a purpose. 

Ben will be your father figure. Put your tiny hands in his. That's the song that went ringing through my head when Benry asked Juliet right before surgery if Alex had asked about him. Perhaps after stealing her as a baby from Rousseau, Ben became a father figure and raised Alex.

What lies ahead...

Lots more Desmond. Hurrah! Sources tell me we'll delve more into his backstory and mysterious powers in the remaining 16 episodes.

Meanwhile, here's what executive producer Bryan Burke says of tonight's "fall finale": "I think of this as our season 2.5.  Like, this is kind of like wrapping up a lot of where we were last year.  For me, season three begins in February."

http://www.eonline.com/print/index.jsp?uuid=893efed6-f85b-48ef-a894-a8e4901cea56&contentType=watchWithKristin

Bashful

« Reply #553 on: November 10, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »
Bashful I'm so with you on this...you probably didn't know but JJ created Felicity which also bombed after 3 years on air due to his changing the direction or Kerri Russels haircut...LOL

I got hooked and had the same fear you do...but I have one hope...this series is co-writed and developed my a guy named David something...so I'm hoping he won't screw it up but I guess I wont truely know until next year...LOL

On Alias .. I was sooo pissed when he screwed it up..I just saw a comericial where the boxed sets had new scenes not included on the first three seasons i bought but i say screw him..LOL

do i sound bitter or justified...LOL

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!    :kuss:

Yeah, you do sound bitter.....but I am with you, too!    :yess:   Can you believe I actually GAVE AWAY my 2 boxed sets?  Maybe I shouldn't have...but they were just a reminder of what could have been.

It feels great to have somebody else understand how I feel.  Those of us who love real ART perhaps delve a bit more deeply into the "whys and wherefores."  I don't know.  Either that or we're just totally obsessive.    :lol3:

Oh my..... I can't believe the " RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin' stalker " and I are in agreement!!!    :o   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:06:37 PM by Bashful »

Bashful

« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
When they moved Alias we lost interest , when Jenn said she was leaving we had already stopped watching. Cole knows that I was as big a fan as he was  :nods

anywhoooooooo

Lost Redux: Swim for it!

Nov. 9, 2006 12:26 AM

Swim! Swim for your liiiiiiives!!

Was I the only one screaming this at my TV set as Lost cut to black at the end of last night's episode?

Sure, they're on that other Alcatrazy island. And sure, Jack needs to stay put to keep vigil over Ben's kidney sack, but I can't for the life of me figure out why Kate would be so hesitant to make an escape—and save Sawyer's life—just because she didn't have Jack by her side.

Unless...Kate is really in love with Jack! Think about it. She never answered Sawyer when he asked if she really loved him. She never said the magic L word. As far as "choices" go, I'd say a passionate presumed predeath romp is not exactly proof that you've found your soul mate. But then again, what do I know? The truth is we'll have to wait until freaking February  to find out what happens next! Is anyone else in a serious funk about that?

Anyway, here's what we learned...

The breakfast mystery continues. When Jack asked Kate if she had been hurt, she didn't answer and started crying. Now, this could have been because she found out Sawyer was about to be killed, but I'd bet good money that the timing of her tears was not a coincidence and that something did happen to Kate the first morning in the Others' camp (when she was given her dress and led to breakfast on the beach—would you like crepes with that creep?).

Eko left a message for John. He told him to look north, and from what I hear, that is the exact direction Locke and Charlie are headed in the coming episodes. Locke will most definitely be on a mission to bring the gang back together. As for Locke's line "I hope you died for a reason Mr. Eko; I hope it's just not too long before we find out what it might be," it seemed a shout-out to any fans disgruntled over Eko's death that it will serve a purpose. 

Ben will be your father figure. Put your tiny hands in his. That's the song that went ringing through my head when Benry asked Juliet right before surgery if Alex had asked about him. Perhaps after stealing her as a baby from Rousseau, Ben became a father figure and raised Alex.

What lies ahead...

Lots more Desmond. Hurrah! Sources tell me we'll delve more into his backstory and mysterious powers in the remaining 16 episodes.

Meanwhile, here's what executive producer Bryan Burke says of tonight's "fall finale": "I think of this as our season 2.5.  Like, this is kind of like wrapping up a lot of where we were last year.  For me, season three begins in February."

http://www.eonline.com/print/index.jsp?uuid=893efed6-f85b-48ef-a894-a8e4901cea56&contentType=watchWithKristin

Whew, thanks for all that, Puddin'!  I think I just got sucked into Lost after all, LOL.    :lol3:    :lol3:    :lol3:

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #555 on: November 11, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »
I never saw JJ's other shows, all i've seen is Lost and MI:3. I hope you guys
are right and things don't go downhill like those other shows. I trust that this
show has some great people behind it.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #556 on: November 11, 2006, 03:11:16 PM »
I've only seen LOST.  But would seeing an episode or two of What About Brian and Six Degrees count as watching other JJ Abrams' shows?  This one has a great fan base behind it, bigger than Alias (I'd imagine). 

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #557 on: November 11, 2006, 03:15:47 PM »
i've seen both and the answer is no.

if you're a taylor hicks fan you'll like 6 degrees cuz it's LAME  :yess:

What about Brian - will only last another season or two - Lame but i think the lead it cute...hehe
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #558 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:19 AM »
 :o
*******SPOILER WARNING *******

So Far Three episodes have been spoiled, with varying levels of spoiling, and here they are:

LOST Episode 3x07: Not in Portland

Obviously, the follow-up to "I Do's" cliff hanger, this episode will reveal whether or not Jack, Kate and Sawyer make it off the island! The Episode is Juliet centric, telling her story from back in the really-real world. The episode also Guest stars William Mapother as Ethan. The rumored plot goes something like this: While Sawyer and Kate run through the jungle, Juliet convinces Jack that his plan will not work; Kate and Sawyer will surely be caught before they find a way off the island and the others vying for Ben's death will quickly gain control. If it is escape he wants, he will need to go with her. Kate and Sawyer are rescued by Danielle's daughter, Alex. Jack thinks he is being taken to Kate and Sawyer who are waiting on a boat, in the end of the episode we learn that Ethan was Juliet's husband and her plot to kill Ben was a rouse all along as she shoots... well, I'm not going there, but suffice to say she has revenge on her mind.

LOST Episode 3x08: Untitled

Currently it's being billed as a Desmond episode, we've got info this is in fact a Jack episode. Real time island stuff includes the tailie children making an appearance in a sub-plot involving Locke and Sayid. They come very close to other's village. Jack's flashback reveals his "dark" time spent in Thailand and a mysterious encounter with a prostitute (!)

LOST Episode 3x09: Untitled

Desmond centric. Said to be the most surreal of all flash-backs. The description was that you have normal flashback stories being told as they always have, but they suddenly fracture into David Lynch-ish little episodes of symbolism. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:30:13 AM by puddin »

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #559 on: November 15, 2006, 10:12:02 AM »
OMG!  The Juliet-Centric sounds so cool!!! :jumpy:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:20:19 AM by TheCinera »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #560 on: November 15, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »
Spoiler warning please!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #561 on: November 15, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »
Spoiler warning please!
Sorry, I thought the white out was a spoiler warning  :duh:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #562 on: November 15, 2006, 11:03:49 AM »
No, not from you Puddin. TheCinera in his comments referred to something I can only assume came from your comments. I have not read it so I'm not certain. Sorry for the confussion.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #563 on: November 15, 2006, 11:08:54 AM »
Aw even without Cinera saying so, I would have guessed she had one coming just being the average viewer.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »
Well, yea. I know. It's just the principal, plus I'd rather ask for spoiler space before something really BIG is spoiled for me, or others that don't like spoilers. :)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2006, 12:06:45 PM »
Whoops, sorry Jeff.  I forgot it was a spolier.  :duh:  I took it out of my post, so you don't have to worry. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »
No worries, no harm done. :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Spoilers..
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
:spoiler:

highlight

Twelve weeks is a long time for LOST spoilers to seep out; at this rate will there be anything left by the time February rolls around? Our in-house sleuths, and those abroad, bring you the latest goodies from the world of LOST spoilerdom. Don't follow the jump if you don't want to be spoiled.

Several new goodies to share with you this week, rumors to dispel, and new spoilers to make your wait even harder.

1) Despite wide-spread rumors, Matthew Fox's character, Jack, will not be shot by Juliet when LOST returns on February 7th. In-fact, Juliet will shoot Pickett who is on the verge of killing Sawyer, leaving herself in a precarious position with the others.

2) This isn't necessarily good news Jack fans, however. Fox is already state-side and is going to hosting Saturday Night Live in December. All that time off the island can only mean one thing: he's not filming LOST. Sources close to the set insist that Fox is not part of the reunion that takes place in episode eight...

3) Sawyer, and Kate, return the beach at the end of the episode.

4) Episode nine is the final update on Jack's status. He stayed behind to repair Ben, but will he now get off the island as he was promised or not?

5) Need further evidence that Ben survives? Currently the plan is for the season three finale to be Ben centric.

6) Doc Arzt makes a return this season via flash-back. Not that thrilling, I know, but I can barely contain myself.

7) There are two more deaths planned after Pickett, both major character deaths.

8) A super secret spy tells us Patchy's name is either "Rainer" or "Ranier", but admits that the info is from very early development. French Dharma guy with an eye-patch? Sounds kinda groovy.

9) Bai Ling will play the tattoo artist who brands Jack in episode nine.

10) Libby fans will probably have to wait another season to get more of her story. The characters she crosses with in flashback have not been introduced, but are pivotal in a game-changing way.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost/lost_spoiler_update_1121_ten_n-2459.aspx

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #568 on: December 01, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »
seen the music video for LOST on ABC.com?  :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

[IM

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #569 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
Was it the "Addicted to LOST" video?  Because that one rocks!

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #570 on: December 01, 2006, 05:19:08 PM »
nope

[IM

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #571 on: December 02, 2006, 09:35:07 AM »
Then what video was it?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #572 on: December 02, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
 :cmas25 go to abc.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #573 on: December 02, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »
Demons?

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #574 on: December 02, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »
yep

[IM