Author Topic: Ep. 10 Insider Transcripts  (Read 2772 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ep. 10 Insider Transcripts
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:09:54 PM »
transcribed by mollysgrama

Good stuff  :t-up:

The clips are:
Tribal Council
Jamie's Final Words
Jamie, the Day After, parts 1 & 2
Pullin' the Gay Card
Stranded in the Jungle
I Need to Get Naked
Southern (Dis)Comfort

Tribal Council - Votes Jamie out

Clip Description: Jamie thinks Gary’s the next to go, but his own paranoia proves to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Watch each Survivor cast a vote in the Tribal Council poll that sends Jamie packing.

BTW - Bobby Jon looks hawt!!

Jamie (votes Gary) – It’s easier to judge somebody than to understand them. I hated it when you judged me with Brandon, thinking he was a better person than me. I want you to know that I forgive you and know that we can be friends someday. It’s either you or me tonight, buddy. Take care.

Cindy (votes Jamie) – I’d like to say your mom’s a lucky lady, she’s got a son like you. With your twin brother, if he’s anything like you, she’s double lucky. Hope you get to see her soon and see her more often.

Judd (votes Gary) – (seems to really regret having to vote for him) Thanks for sharing this experience with me, buddy. I mean, I gotta let you go – I don’t want to but I’ve got to save my own ass, buddy. Thanks for everything - God bless ya.

Lydia (votes Jamie) – Wow, what an awesome young man you are. You’ve been a loyal friend, companion and protector since Day 1 in this game for me. Tonight’s a difficult night for me to do this. I just hope you realize that I cherish every moment that we spent together. In my eyes and my heart, you’re a champion. I’ll see ya on the outside.

Gary (votes Jamie) – You helped me out with your quick tongue, but I still think you’ve got a big heart and I’d want you on my team any day of the year.

Danni (votes Jamie) – (smiles) Sorry once again, you old peckerhead, but since you didn’t get immunity, it makes you an easy target (sort of winces).

Rafe (votes Jamie) – You asked me when I voted you out, to blindside you and to say a mean comment. Well, yes, you’re getting blindsided but I’m not going to take you up on the mean comment. I think you’re a great guy and I think you let this game kind of take you away from who you really are. I hope we’re friends when this is all over.

Steph (votes Jamie) – This is a really difficult vote for me. I’m sorry I have to vote for you but you kinda dug your own grave. You’ve been talking way too much and telling way too many lies and I just can’t trust an alliance with you. So I’m sorry but it’s time for you to go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pullin’ the Gay Card

Clip Description – Jamie discusses his near-miss loss in that day’s Immunity Challenge. He’s even more suspicious of his tribemates, especially Gary and Rafe. Could Rafe be as sneaky as Jamie suggests?

Jamie: We had a challenge today for immunity, and I was in there, I was tryin’ really hard and I got second on the first part and then that last part, I got stuck at the beginning so it really hurt me pretty bad so I couldn’t get back in there and I ended up takin’ third on that. So I didn’t win immunity, Rafe did. It seems like me and him are always meetin’ up in the finals, I don’t know. Rafe’s been pullin’ the gay card a little bit, like he’s not all that much of an athlete, just a friendly person. But behind that friendly smile is a guy that can run a mile. Ya know, he’s good – a good athlete. I’m thinkin’ he’s a good athlete but he’s not a serious threat right now – it’s Gary. Eventually they’re going to catch on that I’m the serious threat. So I’m trying to work it where they keep the six we got here together. I’m workin’ that card a lot so let’s see if it happens.

(cut)

Everybody’s on the up and up – I think I’m the only one worried because I’m paranoid sometimes. That they might get rid of me instead of Gary but I think pretty much they know they really need to get rid of Gary first. The next immunity, I probably need to win that one so I’m not on the chopping block.

(cut)

I talked to Cindy and Rafe and Judd a little bit, make sure, you know – I know Judd’s gonna be with me. But I’m always worried that Stephanie will get her lapdog, Rafe, to change over and then I’m outta here. Especially when Gary & Stephanie when on that trip together. He tries to talk a little game talk – he’s gettin’ sneakier the further this goes in the game.

When I spoke to Rafe, Rafe was like, I’m 'ya know, Rafe, am I ok?' He goes yeah, yeah, we’re fine, we’re fine, we’re fine. He acts shaky sometimes, I get scared, but we’ll see how it goes.

(cut)

My game plan today was to solidify the earlier alliances and I think I got that. Cindy sewed that for me when she acted like she was goin’ with me. She wanted to keep the six, she goes ‘ya know, we have to.’ I’m glad she said that – it makes me feel a lot better. I trust her a little bit – not a lot but a little bit. I think I’m always going to be a little nervous about things. I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% confident that Stephanie hasn’t switched Rafe and hasn’t switched Cindy, because Rafe has Cindy. Me, Judd and Lydia are on our own, standing. I need to get to that six before I feel like I got a strong three.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stranded in the Jungle

Clip Description – While the Reward winners whoop it up at the mansion, Rafe and Lydia try to make the best of their loss over a meal of ground corn. Jamie’s there too, but he seems too glum to contribute much to the conversation.

Grama’s notes - Lydia is scraping corn crunchies out of the kettle, Jamie and Rafe are eating them. Cindy is not visible or any part of the conversation. MIA?? GAWD – ME EARS, ME EARS!!! Between the scraping, chewing, full mouths and talking over each other, this is very hard to understand!!!

Lydia – You know what, Rafe?

Rafe – What?

Lydia - You are all that and a bag of chips! I mean, for the past few days, man, oh my god, you went neck to neck with Jamie the other day, oh my god, and you went so gracefully, ploop (mimes Rafe’s somersault into the water). And today, you guys were totally awesome.

Jamie – Yeah, we were good at that, Rafe.

Rafe – Yeah, we were.

Jamie - I was glad when it was you and me, ya know.

(cut)

Lydia – (scraping pan loudly) Well, listen, you guys, I never claimed to be an athlete. I don’t do very well in challenges. But I tell you what, you know, I’ll do anything I can, I push myself and I got that drive, and the motivation…..

Rafe – This mosquito had his entire face buried in my arm. Lydia, you don’t have to explain or make excuses for anything. You are who you are and we love you and we want you. You know what I mean?

Lydia - Thank you, I just feel bad. I wish I was good at something.

Rafe - You are good at lots of things.

Lydia - I mean, athletic-wise. Besides, you know, home life, domestic. (laughs)

Rafe - I seem to remember you getting a bag at the rope challenge when I didn’t.

Lydia - That’s just it. Did I not start off very good? Thank you very much. Thank you very much. I think I’m just…

Rafe - I don’t think the challenges have been exactly fair for someone who’s not as... You could never have gone as fast through that mud even if you were in the best shape in the world, as Steph or Danni or Cindy, because you’re shorter…

Lydia - Yeah, it was difficult. It really was. I’m so proud of Cindy though. Every step of the way, you should have heard her. She was like, Lydia, you’re doing ok, you’re doing ok, ok, just pull your leg up faster. She was so encouraging. She was so kind. She has a heart of gold.

Rafe - She does. She’s a great girl.

Lydia - She’s a wonderful person.

Rafe – I’m going to leave some crunchies for her. I’ll set them aside.

Jamie - I’ve never really talked with Cindy

Rafe – Really? Well, she’s best in one on one conversations.

Lydia – Yup.

Jamie – (mouth full, chewing) I don’t think she likes me too much.

Rafe - Really?

Jamie – (Shrugs)

Rafe - She’s told me she’s more comfortable with our group of six than with her friends at home. She really likes everyone…

Jamie – Oh yeah?

Lydia - She’s blessed that she’s even with us. She says she never had this bonding with the other tribe.

Jamie – That’s nice.

Lydia – Yeah.

Jamie’s Final Words

I could tell, today, that everybody was lyin’. I’ve got a sixth sense for it. So I kind of knew I was goin’ out. I’m not too mad about Stephanie because she is a liar – she always has been, since Puala. But Rafe gave me his word as a man, so I don’t think a million dollars is worth losing that. And it really hurts that Lydia voted against me because I took her so far and took care of her so much and lost challenges with her. It’s going to be hard for me to forgive her for that. But all in all, ya know, people are funny and guess I trusted the wrong people. But that’s how the game plays and the jungle does crazy things to you.

(cut)

I’m just goin’ to appreciate things more. This whole time I was out here, I missed my twin brother really a ton. I’m goin’ to appreciate the little things. I made it almost 4 weeks out here - I wanted to make it a month. In a way I’m disappointed because I wanted to go further but I’m just going to take – you know, honesty is a huge thing and I don’t think I ever want to lie anymore, no matter what it comes down to.

(cut)

Yeah, I would have worked a little harder today to get rid of Steph. I thought about it - allyin’ with Gary and changin’ it around but what can you do. I wanted to get further than her in the game. But there was a time when we knew we couldn’t trust each other and it messed us up. But I think what hurts me the most is I asked Lydia today. As much as I warned Lydia about the times she was in trouble, she couldn’t tell me I was in trouble. Even though I knew she was lyin’ to me. It hurts when you see good people go bad and it’s going to be the hardest for me to forgive her. It seems to me she bit the hand that fed her.

Jamie, the Day After

Part 1 - Clip Description - A sadder but wiser Jamie is a bit more philosophical about his game play the day after being voted out of Guatemala. He’s disappointed, but realizes that he became too focused on paranoia toward the end.

Jamie - I feel pretty good. I’m a little disappointed where I ended up, place-wise. I could tell something was going on the last day and I just thought I was being paranoid, but actually I wasn’t being paranoid - my instincts were right. I should have trusted my gut.

Besides that, I played the game to the best of my ability. I don’t think anyone put more into the challenges than I did. I wanted to be at the top two but things happen and you start to lose yourself a little bit out in the jungle. But now I at least have my confidencey back up. At the beginning of the game I had no problems. I was calm, cool, collected, tryin’ to get my alliance together, felt strong with ‘em. But After like Day 15, Day 20, you have so much time to think between challenges and you have days off and it’s so hot and you start to wonder, hey if they went this way, how it could affect you.. You always have constantly mosquitoes in your ears so you never really have just quietness, you know, time to think about things. You can go insane out here if you think too long. I think I was comin’ to that. If I would have stayed any longer, I knew had to be more ok with leavin’ the game than what I was. I was like, Day 27, I was too worried about leaving. I was, like, paranoid. But it turned out I wasn’t paranoid, they were really tryin’ to get my ass out of there.

(cut)

The Survivor experience itself, you can’t really explain it. It just hits you all at once and then, when you’re gone – ya know, I got blindsided and that’s the only way to go.
If you want the full experience of this, get blindsided. Don’t get it where somebody’s telling you to your face ‘yeah, you’re goin’ home.’ Then the whole time at TC, you’re sad the whole time. I had an idea, but I also trusted my group, I thought ‘oh no, my group’s gonna stay, I’m just bein’ paranoid.’ But once I saw 3 votes, yup, somebody turned in my group and I’m gone. And I got blindsided, but that’s the way to go. Don’t go 4-3, don’t go where it’s close. Where I would have had Lydia, I’d have had Judd, but I wouldn’t have had the other five. Everyone else there – you might say that blindsiding someone is wrong but trying to be all nice and being the best friend and telling them right to their face, hey, you’re going home. Why even be so nice to somebody when you’re sending them home.

And there’s so many things I’m missing out on – like, I’ll never get a chance to win that car. I wanted to do every challenge - I’ll never get to do all those challenges. I’ll never get to hug my mom in Guatemala – which was my visitor. And these are all things that are huge. Everyone wants to see their family more than anything. I was in the game for 27 days and that’s all you think, man, can I hold on just to see my loved one. When you vote somebody out, you’re voting for them not to see their loved one. Even though you don’t think that. So when you tell them straight to their face, ‘hey, I’m votin’ you out.’ you’re sendin’ them home, you’re killin’ their dream. It’s better to be blindsided than to go to Tribal Council with your dream shattered.

Part 2 - Clip Description: Continuing his day-after musings, Jamie shares how his feelings changed over the course of the game, and tells us what he came to crave more and more as the days wore on.

My worst day out there would be the hike. That hike was brutal. I was chaffed up and down my legs, still walking, then 2 days of that, I got sick and was still chaffed up my legs. I thought to myself, Is this what every Survivor goes through? If this is, I don’t know how I’ll make it to Day 39. But the chaffin’ cleared up and I eventually got better and I wasn’t sick any more. I was just hungry and I can live bein’ hungry. But after awhile, the jungle wears and tears on you, in your mind. You think too much because you’ve got too much down time. You can’t swim, you got the heat on you, you got mosquitoes all over you. Man, you can see how people go insane so easily when they’re out in the desert and things like that.

(cut)

While I was in the game, more than anything, I was constantly cravin’ a conversation that didn’t have anything to do with the game, that I didn’t think this person was just talkin’ to me to be an ally. I kinda craved a disagreement more than anything, because everybody here tries to get along, because they want your vote or they want you to trust them so they can go further in the game. So I think, more than anything, I craved a disagreement where I knew I’d still be somebody’s friend. A disagreement where somebody just had a different opinion than me. Where you’d say, “Well, here’s what I believe…” and we’d have an intelligent conversation on why we thought different things. That never really happened. Everybody’s always, like, yeah, yeah.

I’m a pretty original person. I always argued with people. I argued to Bobby Jon and Gary two times, cuz I didn’t like how they were…. Bobby Jon said I had no class and Bobby Jon knows that’s fightin’ words in the south. Me and Gary, Gary thought that I lied to him and I didn’t lie to him so we argued about it but we saw eye to eye afterwards. More than anything I craved trusting people. Argue with them and know they’re still there.

It makes me appreciate my twin brother a lot more. Me and him, we might not see eye to eye on something and we might argue, but at the end of the day, he’s still my brother and gonna stick by me no matter what. So I guess that’s what I craved the most.

(gets very still and talks very quietly) Once I heard my name called three times, I knew it was over, I knew my alliance had turned on me. You get this feeling, this whole blood rush flows through you, you have this feeling of sadness, like ‘oh my god’ and then you feel kind of faint, a little bit. You get up and it’s so hard to grab your torch because you’ve personalized it. There’s nothing you can do cuz you’re gonna go out. You’re not gonna get to see all the challenges, you’re not gonna get to try to win the million. Your dreams, each step, slowly start to fade away. You try to keep your head held high like it doesn’t affect you. And literally, you’re holding back the tears because you put so much into this game. Your heart’s just… bursting. At least that’s what it was for me. I went up to Jeff and it was so hard to find the hole to put my thing in. And try to keep my head held high. I put it in there, it’s like ‘here I go.’ I thought to myself, ‘at least I made the jury. There’s other people that didn’t make it this far.’ I thought to myself, ‘Damn that, Jamie, you didn’t come here to make the jury. You came here for the jury to ask you questions.’ Yet, somewhere between that walk down the long path, you come to grips with ‘You’re out of the game now.’ You can let it bother you or you can say ‘hey, you did the best you could.’ You know that the only one who wins it is the only one who didn’t get fooled in this game. At least I know I played the best I could. I just didn’t listen to myself as much as I should have.

I Need to Get Naked

Clip Description: Watch Steph, Danni and Gary get the first glimpse of themselves in a mirror since the game began. Not everybody likes what they see.

Coming into the mansion from the swimming pool, wrapped in large towels and carrying wine glasses. Judd’s not with them.

Steph (conf): We go inside to shower and we got to look in a mirror for the first time in 25 days.

Steph: I need to get naked to look at my body.
Gary (pointing to the knobs on the top of his shoulders, sounding awed): Look at my shoulders.
Steph: You’re thin.

Steph (conf): It was not a pretty sight.

Danni (holding out an arm): Look at those – they are so skinny.
Steph: Yeah, wait ‘til you see your stomach and your legs.
Danni: I still got butt.
Steph: You do?
Danni (not quite as convinced): I still got butt…
Steph: I do.
Danni: You do, Steph, you have an athletic rear end. (Steph groping her buttocks through the towel)

Steph (conf): We kind of stared at ourselves a couple times, every time we passed a mirror.

Steph: I look like I have a skin disorder….and an eyebrow disorder.
Danni (laughing): Steph, you do not….

Steph (conf): It is not a pretty sight. Like, I feel bad for everybody that has to look at me every day (laughing.)

Southern (Dis)Comfort

Clip Description: Georgia boy Jamie weighs in on southern pride. He’s all for it, except when it come to Cindy. He thinks she belongs to Florida, not her native Kentucky.

Grama notes: what a horse’s ass (no offense to the horse…)

Jamie: I never knew a lot of southerners end up on the show. I would say a lot of southerners end up on the show because we’re usually pretty tough. And although we didn’t show it this time, but southern people are usually pretty smart. Just cuz we speak slow doesn’t mean we’re stupid. Me and Bobby Jon, man, it’s crazy cuz we’re the first two out and we’re the two southern guys. Southern Pride, you know, we wanted to bring it back. I wanted to bring it back to Georgia more than anything.

Southern people are great for this show because we’re used to camping, we’re used to living on nothin’, just surviving. We won the ultimate challenge, because life…just growing up, most southerners grow up a little bit poor, and they make themselves into people. We’re not given anything, not born with silver spoons in our mouths. Except for Blake, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Never needed the money. But you saw how Bobby Jon got rid of him, cuz he didn’t need the money so he thought, this guy’s just here for the attention.

And then you have Cindy, who the South isn’t claiming, she was just weird as hell. With her animals and buying cat litter before she fed herself. I hear stories about this but I never knew anybody who bought cat food before they bought themselves food. So, the South’s not claimin’ Cindy. She’s from Florida – she wants to be called from Florida, so we’re gonna let Florida have her. Florida, you have Cindy. You take her, cuz the South ain’t crazy.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Ep. 10 Insider Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »
Thanks for the clip...Jamies's a piece of work.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:48:16 AM »
Texan , Jamie really is something  {l{ !! I'm sitting here watching the Tony Danza show and he just announced that the " Survivor guy " latest castoff that was suppose to be on today showed up drunk so he will not be on  ^/^ !! LOL .. I wonder what the heck Jamie was thinking ?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 11:49:14 AM »
OMG that is awful!!!  Great way to show yoiu are a different person in real life then they portrayed you as.  Why did he not send his twin?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »
^/^ LOL ..thats too funny Texan ..I think it repeats later and I'll try to get more details . Tony said that they gave him a sobriety test and he failed it so they wouldn't allow him on the show ..then made some funny comments like maybe he's just happy that he was voted off and is celebrating or something  .