Author Topic: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers  (Read 479847 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 10 Spoilers
« Reply #1000 on: December 20, 2006, 11:28:32 PM »
from this interview at

iVillage
Shireese: When you guys went to the Orlly airport and they told you that you were going to have to go back to the Charles De Gaulle airport, did you know then that you pretty much were not going to win?

Lyn: No, and actually the decision to go to Orlly didn’t affect the outcome of the race. There was some behind the scenes issues with the tickets.

Karlyn: It wasn’t that cut and dry. Actually the lady issued the tickets to James & Tyler. I don’t know what the issue was, but she took them from them, and gave them to us. And then some other lady came over and said something to her in French. We don’t know what. We probably need to learn French…They took the tickets back from us, and gave them to James & Tyler. None of that was shone. So that was edited out.

Lyn: Then she put a whole line of stand-by customers on after them.

Karlyn: They tried to make it seem like it was full and it wasn’t. We don’t know what happened. We just felt like [Tyler & James] didn’t want us on that plane. They did what they could to keep us off of that plane.

jackie

« Reply #1001 on: December 21, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »
that was interesting to read that little tibit

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1002 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:03 AM »
that was interesting to read that little tibit
*snort* and with tongue in cheek ......I had to laugh when I read this. Sounds like TPTB didn't want the Lyn's to win either :angel:

jackie

« Reply #1003 on: December 21, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »
Sounds that way to me too

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1004 on: December 21, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
Sounds like they didnt want Rob and Kim to win.  They knew what the upcoming tasks were and Bama had no chance in that 2 mile run.  They helped James and Tyler on the plane because they had a chance to win, and were much better liked tan Kim and Rob. 

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1005 on: December 22, 2006, 06:38:34 AM »
They realized that they need 2 competitive teams to race around NYC and to the finish line so that they might hope for an exciting, TV ready, finish.  Letting Rob and Kim on the plane by themselves makes for a boring finish.  Paring Rob and Kim with Bama makes a boring finish.  It may be possible that Rob and Kim suprised everyone (producers included) by wrangling a spot on a full plane.  That set off a scramble to get another team on the flight.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1006 on: December 22, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
They realized that they need 2 competitive teams to race around NYC and to the finish line so that they might hope for an exciting, TV ready, finish.  Letting Rob and Kim on the plane by themselves makes for a boring finish.  Paring Rob and Kim with Bama makes a boring finish.  It may be possible that Rob and Kim suprised everyone (producers included) by wrangling a spot on a full plane.  That set off a scramble to get another team on the flight.

I really think it has more to due with that the producers learned from Season 6 and were not going to let the fighting couple win easily like they would have against Bama or alone.   I think the producers had 0 choice but to have TJ make the flight, boring but they had to.  Had any other team like the Chos or the Barbies, Peter and Sarah, Duke and Lauren been there, they would have gotten the flight over James adn Tyler though.  I dont the race was very happy with the outcome i think they were looking for a BQ win and it came up short.   They had 3 very unrootable teams in the final three. Alot of critics i know on E! said Tyler and James winning was boring and predicatble.

Offline dokus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1007 on: December 23, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »
Tyler and James were popular with the audience though, along with or after the Chos (for some reason), BQs and Kentucky they were by far favorites. They were certainly not "unrootable". They had an interesting story to tell and they were good racers, besides also being nice guys. I don't think "the race" thinks anything at all of that sort. They probably want an all-female team to win but there isn't much they can do about it. The BQs screwed themselves up and 'Bama sucked overall. This outcome was probably the most feel-good ending this show has seen in 5 seasons, but that's my opinion.

I don't think the producers interfered with the flight. Color me naive or whatever, but it would be to risky if it ever came out that one team got screwed like that. Maybe giving 'Bama the tickets was just a misunderstanding that was (thankfully) cleared up.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1008 on: December 24, 2006, 03:01:30 PM »
Tyler and James were popular with the audience though, along with or after the Chos (for some reason), BQs and Kentucky they were by far favorites. They were certainly not "unrootable". They had an interesting story to tell and they were good racers, besides also being nice guys. I don't think "the race" thinks anything at all of that sort. They probably want an all-female team to win but there isn't much they can do about it. The BQs screwed themselves up and 'Bama sucked overall. This outcome was probably the most feel-good ending this show has seen in 5 seasons, but that's my opinion.

I don't think the producers interfered with the flight. Color me naive or whatever, but it would be to risky if it ever came out that one team got screwed like that. Maybe giving 'Bama the tickets was just a misunderstanding that was (thankfully) cleared up.

Well thats just you and a few of these boards with what a few thousand members, the public was board to tears with the outcome.   Tyler and James were pussys they were scared of two blonde Beauty Queens. for goodness sake. They didnt have a interesting story they were boring just like every other male team the worst part is that they were Models.   Amazing Race has this great problem they always cast a group of great teams but in the end NONE of those teams makes the final three, and i really think this is the reason ratings are always low [aside from 2 seasons when ratings went up, and then up a second time, Chip and Kim, Rob and Amber, Uchenna and Joyce Thanks]

And there really is no reason to post back "I liked James and Tyler, they were popular, look at the pole" it was boring, the race has become predicatable, Producers were NOT happy with the outcome becuase if they were they would have casted alpha males in All Stars, and they didnt they did not want alpha males becuase they are boring and predictable.

The fact that these two models admitted the producers got them tickets proves they didnt even win on their own, at least Uchenna and Joyce are smart enought not to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate to say it but Rob and Kim[Gross i know]won this race, the same way Romber won Season 7.

Offline dokus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1009 on: December 26, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »
There's no reason for you to tell me what I can post.

What you're stating is just your opinion, like you're saying I am. I doubt you know what everyone else thinks. And the reason why your so called "great teams" didn't make it to the final 3 is because they got eliminated. That's how the game works, believe it or not.

James and Tyler didn't say the producers helped them on the plane. They said Rob and Kim got the manager to get them on the plane. Big difference. Tyler and James were the best racers this season and their victory was fair, atleast in that respect.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #1010 on: December 26, 2006, 09:43:10 PM »
Everyone has a right to post whatever they want whenever they want. As long as it isn't personal attacks on the other members of this board (ex. Member1 is a stupid dummy) post whatever you want!! :) HAVE FUN THANKS

Rob

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1011 on: December 26, 2006, 09:50:37 PM »

Well thats just you and a few of these boards with what a few thousand members, the public was board to tears with the outcome.   Tyler and James were pussys they were scared of two blonde Beauty Queens. for goodness sake. They didnt have a interesting story they were boring just like every other male team the worst part is that they were Models.   Amazing Race has this great problem they always cast a group of great teams but in the end NONE of those teams makes the final three, and i really think this is the reason ratings are always low [aside from 2 seasons when ratings went up, and then up a second time, Chip and Kim, Rob and Amber, Uchenna and Joyce Thanks]

And there really is no reason to post back "I liked James and Tyler, they were popular, look at the pole" it was boring, the race has become predicatable, Producers were NOT happy with the outcome becuase if they were they would have casted alpha males in All Stars, and they didnt they did not want alpha males becuase they are boring and predictable.

The fact that these two models admitted the producers got them tickets proves they didnt even win on their own, at least Uchenna and Joyce are smart enought not to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate to say it but Rob and Kim[Gross i know]won this race, the same way Romber won Season 7.

Okay lets talk facts.

If viewers are bored with say the typical males winning why is the season finale the highest rated episode this season with a gain of over 2 and a half million viewers over the last episode.

Ratings average's for full seasons
AR 1 8.8 million
AR 2 10.3 million
AR 3  8.98 million
AR 4  8.32 million
AR 5 10.73 million
AR 6 11.50 million
AR 7 13.00 million
AR 8 10.80 million
AR 9 9.10 million
AR 10 11.17 million

asamber  you (and I) can't judge what the audience likes.  Even the best poll is a minute non scientific sampler of the audience's reaction to the show.

For example I would be willing to beat that many fans of the Amazing Race find 60 minutes borrrrrring..  Yet it outscored AR in every episode this season.  Does that make the people who find it boring correct, or is it just their opinion that the show is boring.

As for All Stars, they didn't pick several very popular teams from the various seasons.  But they did exclude all alpha male teams, was this becasue they were boring, or because they were 50% likely to win the race (what you would call predictable).  Because one and theother don't necessarily go together.

And when you consider the makeup of teams, seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 had the most "average" type of people on them, and yet 3 of them are the lowest rated season of AR.

And calling James & Tyler pussies for being afraid of Dustin and Kandice really doesn't make or strengthen your arguement (in fact it makes it weaker).   Teams are always worried about the team that is most likely their next biggest threat.  For the first half of this season that was Tyler & James worried about Peter & Sarah who were the next best racers, and after they got eliminated it was then Dustin & Kandice.  Who were Dustin & Kandice worried about from leg 1, that was Tyler & James.  Yet they were so worried and scared that they didn't even use the Yield on them.

As far as the Models things goes, the most viewed season without stunt casting (season 6) had Lena & Kristy (models), Freddy & Kendra (Models), Victoria (model) and that season got great ratings.

Frankly the idea of not waiting two strong guys in the race just because its boring or predictable inflames me.  I mean seriously why say a certain body type shouldn't beable to race, that basically tells the other players they suck and can't compete.    Lets just change the title to the Okay its a kinda cool race.

I mean it can't just be just the model aspect because out of the guys that have won the ones that have model are not winners from seasons 1, 2, or 9.  Just half of season 4 (and I think that was after the race) and season 10.

For the guys that are Alpha Males that won sure 4 of the 5 teams were fit, but most weren't models or actors.

And as for the ticket incident, no the producers didn't get them tickets.  And has been gone over with.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1012 on: December 26, 2006, 10:10:04 PM »
from this interview at

iVillage
Shireese: When you guys went to the Orlly airport and they told you that you were going to have to go back to the Charles De Gaulle airport, did you know then that you pretty much were not going to win?

Lyn: No, and actually the decision to go to Orlly didn’t affect the outcome of the race. There was some behind the scenes issues with the tickets.

Karlyn: It wasn’t that cut and dry. Actually the lady issued the tickets to James & Tyler. I don’t know what the issue was, but she took them from them, and gave them to us. And then some other lady came over and said something to her in French. We don’t know what. We probably need to learn French…They took the tickets back from us, and gave them to James & Tyler. None of that was shone. So that was edited out.

Lyn: Then she put a whole line of stand-by customers on after them.

Karlyn: They tried to make it seem like it was full and it wasn’t. We don’t know what happened. We just felt like [Tyler & James] didn’t want us on that plane. They did what they could to keep us off of that plane.

If the wording of this is correct.

Then at no point are they (Lyn & Karlyn refrencing hte producers of the show, but hte airline staff and employees.

Notice  How tickets are first given to Tyler & James and tehn taken away and given to Lyn & Karlyn untila nother airline employee takes them and gives them back to Tyler & James.

This to me suggest that they gave teh tickets to the persons on the waiting list first.  Which again was Tyler & James.  As for ht epeople who were allowed to baord after Tyler & James.  We have to remember that Tyler & James did get put ont he list that night, Lyn & Karlyn had to do it in the morning since when they got  tot eh correct airport they were already closed and had to wait for it to open up to get on the list.  There could have been several others who got put on the waiting list between Tyler & James and when it closed for the night.

Nothing in this reports any strings by staff or producers.

All it shows is that if Tyler & James had pushed the right people at the beginning htey probably would have made it confirmed the night before.

Remember that someimes you can push ahead on the waiting list even if you aren't there first.  Charla used her disability at least once to get a priority on the waiting list even though 2 other teams were first on the list.

My boyfriend can say that when he worked as a ticket agent for United that occassionally the wrong person would get teh first of the stanby tickets and that he has had to be corrected and have his supervisor correct them and give them to the ones who were actually on the lis first.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1013 on: December 27, 2006, 07:48:08 AM »
MSWOOD, in your otherwise cogent note you stated "Dustin & Kandice worried about from leg 1, that was Tyler & James.  Yet they were so worried and scared that they didn't even use the Yield on them." It is clear from this that "they" refers to Kandice and Dustin. Well, Kandice and Dustin arrived third to the Yield. Their options were to Yield Lyn/Karlyn or Yield nobody. Since Tyler and James preceded them to the Yield, they could not yield Tyler/James.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1014 on: December 27, 2006, 08:09:52 AM »

Okay lets talk facts.

If viewers are bored with say the typical males winning why is the season finale the highest rated episode this season with a gain of over 2 and a half million viewers over the last episode.

Ratings average's for full seasons
AR 1 8.8 million
AR 2 10.3 million
AR 3  8.98 million
AR 4  8.32 million
AR 5 10.73 million
AR 6 11.50 million
AR 7 13.00 million
AR 8 10.80 million
AR 9 9.10 million
AR 10 11.17 million

asamber  you (and I) can't judge what the audience likes.  Even the best poll is a minute non scientific sampler of the audience's reaction to the show.

For example I would be willing to beat that many fans of the Amazing Race find 60 minutes borrrrrring..  Yet it outscored AR in every episode this season.  Does that make the people who find it boring correct, or is it just their opinion that the show is boring.

As for All Stars, they didn't pick several very popular teams from the various seasons.  But they did exclude all alpha male teams, was this becasue they were boring, or because they were 50% likely to win the race (what you would call predictable).  Because one and theother don't necessarily go together.

And when you consider the makeup of teams, seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 had the most "average" type of people on them, and yet 3 of them are the lowest rated season of AR.

And calling James & Tyler pussies for being afraid of Dustin and Kandice really doesn't make or strengthen your arguement (in fact it makes it weaker).   Teams are always worried about the team that is most likely their next biggest threat.  For the first half of this season that was Tyler & James worried about Peter & Sarah who were the next best racers, and after they got eliminated it was then Dustin & Kandice.  Who were Dustin & Kandice worried about from leg 1, that was Tyler & James.  Yet they were so worried and scared that they didn't even use the Yield on them.

As far as the Models things goes, the most viewed season without stunt casting (season 6) had Lena & Kristy (models), Freddy & Kendra (Models), Victoria (model) and that season got great ratings.

Frankly the idea of not waiting two strong guys in the race just because its boring or predictable inflames me.  I mean seriously why say a certain body type shouldn't beable to race, that basically tells the other players they suck and can't compete.    Lets just change the title to the Okay its a kinda cool race.

I mean it can't just be just the model aspect because out of the guys that have won the ones that have model are not winners from seasons 1, 2, or 9.  Just half of season 4 (and I think that was after the race) and season 10.

For the guys that are Alpha Males that won sure 4 of the 5 teams were fit, but most weren't models or actors.

And as for the ticket incident, no the producers didn't get them tickets.  And has been gone over with.

[/quote]

mswood - thanks for the numbers. With those numbers, TAR should hang arond for a few more seasons.  I wonder what impact Sunday night, in an early time slot, had on TAR.  I though I heard they are moving to 10 pm on Tuesday?!  Did I just make that up.  I think TAR-AS would have even better numbers @ 8 pm on Sunday evening.  Especially without football delaying it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1015 on: December 27, 2006, 08:43:47 PM »
MSWOOD, in your otherwise cogent note you stated "Dustin & Kandice worried about from leg 1, that was Tyler & James.  Yet they were so worried and scared that they didn't even use the Yield on them." It is clear from this that "they" refers to Kandice and Dustin. Well, Kandice and Dustin arrived third to the Yield. Their options were to Yield Lyn/Karlyn or Yield nobody. Since Tyler and James preceded them to the Yield, they could not yield Tyler/James.

Yeah, I should have used another paragraph that quote was that Tyler & James were in the words of the poster I was referencing so afriad of the BQ's that they didn't even use the Yield agains't them.  In the clips for that episode when they talk about it.  They say that they aren't threatened enough by any of the teams to actually need to use the Yield.  In otehr words all things being equal, they thought they would out perform Dustin & Kandice.

While Rob & Kim in their online clips talk about that the team they wore the most concerned with was Tyler & James, but they are friends and don't wont to race that way.