Author Topic: "Joe Millionaire" fined for skipping toll  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
"Joe Millionaire" fined for skipping toll
« on: January 06, 2003, 05:28:43 PM »
Fox's upcoming ''Joe Millionaire,'' as everyone knows (except for the 20 bachelorettes who competed), centers on a suitor who is only pretending to be a wealthy heir; only at the end do the gals vying for his favor learn that 28-year-old Evan Marriott is really a construction worker making less than $20,000 a year.

How short of cash is Marriott? Short enough to skip out on a highway toll that would have cost no more than $2.50, according to a traffic citation unearthed by the Smoking Gun.

The California Highway Patrol stopped the faux millionaire on Sept. 25 and cited him for toll evasion for zipping past a tollbooth on State Road 73 in Irvine without paying the toll, which, depending on where his trip started, would have cost between 50 cents and $2.50. According to the Smoking Gun, Marriott pleaded guilty and paid the fine of $104.

Marriott is one of several reality-show personalities in recent years to have a less-than-spotless record brought to light. Of course, on ''Joe Millionaire,'' which premieres Jan. 6, deceptive behavior is an asset.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1045980000 »

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: "Joe Millionaire" fined for skipping toll
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 07:49:18 PM »
That certainly was a costly goofup on his part wasn't it?  did anyone catch the Joe Millionaire show?  I missed it but he was on Live with Regis and Kelly (which I tape)and  they had a clip where they were showing him how to pick the right wine, dance and kiss a lady.  It was rather funny.  So I think I will watch next week's show and see what happens. ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1045980000 »