Author Topic: TAR8 Timeline  (Read 12844 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
TAR8 Timeline
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:19:08 PM »
Updated 12/30/05
The bars divide sure/ sort of sure/ educated speculation according to what has been broadcast or spoiled.

Y'all can correct/modify as needed.

Timeline
Thurs July 7, Race starts around noon, teams camp in Philadelphia
Fri July 8, Teams leave Philadelphia between 10 and 11 am, Leg 1 ends in Lancaster between 2 and 3 pm. Elim 1
Sat July 9, Leg 2 starts with teams leaving Lancaster between 8 an 9 am, Leg 2 ends in Middleburg, VA between 2 and 3 pm. Elim 2
Sun July 10Extended Pit Stop (confirmed by flight monitor)
Mon July 11, Leg 3 starts, teams leave between 2 and 3 am, bunched at Dulles, flights to Charleston arrive between 10 and 11 am, tasks, buses leave 3 and  5 pm (they say 8 hour Trip, but map sites say 9 to 11 hrs and there is the Waffle House)
Tues July 12, Buses arrive in Huntsville 12 to 2 am, teams start tasks at USSRC 12 to 3 am, teams finish tasks Leg 3 ends, 1 to 4 am. Elim 3
Leg 4 starts 1 to 4 pm, teams drive to Anniston & Talladega AL, teams campout at trailers overnight in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Weds July 13, Teams head out from 7:20 to 8:00 for Richland, Mississippi and arrive at Fairview Riverside State Park in Madisonville, LA from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for detour.  Teams finish in New Orleans between 12 noon and 2 pm. Elim 4
Thurs July 14, Extended Pit Stop (this extension belongs here due to Panama spoiler siting teams seeking the Gamboa Docks on the weekend of July 16/17)
Fri July 15, Leg 5 starts 12 am to 2 am, Teams wait at airport for morning/afternoon flights w/connections to Panama City.  Teams land in Panama City, in the evening, get bunched up waiting for boat rides to Barro Colorado at 7 am the next morning.
Sat July 16, Teams take the 7 am boats to Barro Colorado, and back, bungee FF, birds, horns, and baseball, teams check in to pit stop between 10 am and 12 noon.  NEL.
Shortened Pit Stop it's only 10 hours long (this timing is brought forth by Bill Gaghan's input at TWoP).  Leg 6 Starts between 8 and 10 pm, teams wait through the night at the bus terminal.
Sun July 17  Buses to San Jose, Costa Rica, leaving 11:30, noon, 12:30, ride lasts 12 to 16 hours. 
Mon July 18  Teams arrive in San Jose in the early am, drive vans 35 miles to Paos Volcano park. Gates open to the park something like 7 to 10 am.  Yield, coffee bean Roadblock, drive 94 miles to Jako, fake stone carvings, bananas, teams check in to pit stop from 2 pm to just before sunset. Elimination # 5.
Tues July 19 Extended Pit Stop
Weds July 20  Leg 7 Teams start at Jako beach between 7 and 9 am, swimming, sugar cane, barrels, painting (or for the Weaver's:  smudgy crap).  Teams arrive at SJO starting 12:30 pm (flight monitor gives the date:  Weds July 20), flights leave from  2 to 3 pm with connections in Atlanta and New York.   Phil spotted leaving Costa Rica on this day.
Thurs July 21  Flights arrive in Phoenix from 8 to 10 am.  Go-karts, teams check in to Pit Stop between 11 am and 1 pm,  NEL, Bransens last.
Fri July 22 Leg 8 Teams leave between 11 pm and 1 am and reach an hours of operation wait until 4:30 am at Mesa airport.  At sunrise:  360 loop, drive to Grand Canyon (277 miles), Glen Canyon Dam (137 miles), horseshoe bend, Antelope Point, motorboats, teams check in at houseboat Pit Stop from 3 to 5 pm. Elimination #6.
Sat July 23  Leg 9 Starts between 5 and 7 am (extra extension based on morning sunlight as Teams walk to shore on Lake Powell dock).  Teams drive to Monument Valley, chopper clue, teams drive to Moab, bikes and rappel at Gemini Bridges, overnight in campers at Green River State Park.
Sun July 24 Leaving at 4 staggered times from 7:00 to 7:45 teams drive 169 miles to Heber City to find Little Bart, Park City, Yield, ski jump Roadblock.  Teams check in between 1 and 5 pm.  NEL
Mon July 25 Extended Pit Stop based on difference between solar and Lunar Azimuth when the balloons went up on July 26th and matching wind conditions for that day.
Tues July 26 Leg 10 part one, Teams start between 1 and 5 am, bunched until balloons can rise with the sun, railwork detour, the Bonneville Balls, overnight camping at a lake on the other side of Utah.
Weds July 27 Teams leaving at 4 staggered times from 8:30 to 9:15, drive to a ranch in Big Hiney, Wyoming, herding Roadblock, Old Faithful, drive to 'nother ranch somewhere in view of the Grand Tetons, TBC.
continuing Weds July 27 Leg 10 part two, Teams continue and are sent 49 miles to Turtle Ranch on the Wind River Indian Reservation and encounter Hours of Operation and must wait until morning.
Thurs July 28 Upon opening at 7 am teams find the Teepee/Wagon Detour, after that they head out 221 miles Cody to find Buffalo Bill, photos with Bill, drive to Montana to find a golf course in Red Lodge for the find four colored golf balls Roadblock and on to find Green Meadow Ranch in Absarokee, teams check into Pit Stop between 3 pm and 5 pm, Elimination # 7.
Fri July 29 Extended Pit Stop (confirmed by Weasel ticketing screen in Toronto)
Sat July 30 Leg 11a Teams leave the ranch between 3 am and 4 am, flights from Billings to Montreal, Linzes and Weasels have incident getting a connection in Toronto, Montreal Underground, Rolling and Curling Detour, Expo67 Buckminster Fullerene Ball, trapeze Roadblock, search for mystery charter departure times at Stade Olympique.
Sun July 31 Leg 11b Teams leave the Stade to catch flights leaving 5:45. 5:50. and 5:55 am for Toronto, CN Tower, dock flag, Sailing or Shoe Museum Detour, drive to Queenston on the Niagara River, take Jet Boats south to Whirlpool Point for rough rafting, go back north in Jet Boat to Joseph Davis State Park, Mapboard Roadblock, finito.

Thanks Puddin!  Thanks GMan!  Again!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 01:44:33 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: TAR8 Timeline
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:28:59 PM »
To update times:

Believe there is a 36 hours pit stop from Saturday, July 10 2:26PM to Monday, July 11 2:26PM.

Monday, July 11, teams leave Middleburg, VA between 2:26AM to 3:05AM

Monday, July 11, teams leave Dulles International Airport for Charleston, SC between 8:15AM and 10:00AM

Monday, July 11, complete Detour and leave on chartered buses for Huntsville, AL at 3:00PM and 5:00PM

First Bus arrives in Huntsville at 11:00PM; second bus arrives in Huntsville at 1:00AM.  PIT STOP

Monday, July 11 teams leave for Anniston, AL between 2:30PM and 4:30PM

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:09:11 AM »
I found a way to determine for sure if there was an Extended Pit Stop at Middleburg.

Right after Hunter says "shes's a bitch" we see a shot of an airport flight monitor that lists some of the flights that going to depart.

They would be leaving on Sunday July 10th under a standard 12 hour pitstop.  If it is an extended one they leave on Monday the 11th.

In general, some flights are the same 7 days a week.  Some flights are everyday except Sunday.

The presence of US Air flight 1207 on that board confirms that it was not a Sunday because flight 1207 did not fly on Sundays.  This comes from checking BTS.  I could not find any information on flight 2269.  And many of the flight numbers have changed since July (seasonal I guess).

Five teams took DH 1620 to Charleston (Independence Air).
Two teams took US 1207 to Charlotte and then US 917 on to Charleston
The Paolo's flight was not listed on the monitor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »
No wonder I missed the USAirways flight - I was only looking for DIRECT flights since the distance was so short. But good work Chateau on checking flight schedules to get confirmation that the teams flew out of IAD on Monday morning and NOT Sunday morning!!

Note that Phil never, no never, says after a mandatory "12 hour rest stop, etc. etc." he just says after a "rest period"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 12:26:20 AM »
Chateau I made you a bar  :cheeky: 
type in  :bar :   with :nospace:
:bar:
and centered it ..No idea why the hr code does not work ?
Please edit if I screwed up the place where it belongs .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 07:57:47 PM »
Here is the spoiler that brought us to Panama.  And gave us the dates of July 16th or 17th for activities there.  The evening arrival times of the flights permits that teams may have arrived on either the 15th, the 16th, or even the 17th since the report is just for their searching for the Gamboa Docks.  I included the 15th because  maybe the friend considered Friday night as the weekend.

I am still trying to get this right...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 03:54:37 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »
Chateau: I think you made a small mistake in your time line If teams leave noonish and early afternoon on July 15 for Panama City they will arrive in the evening of the same day, July 15, not the next afternoon.

My guess on time line:

July 15 - Flights leaving 12:30 and 1:45 arrive in Panama City at 6:40PM and 9:10PM Take taxi to STRI boat dock and must wait until morning to get boats.

July 16 - 7:00AM boats to STRI; FF; Detour; Roadblock; arrive at Pit Stop Miraflores Locks between 9AM and Noon.

Extended 36 hour pit stop (everyone was exhausted once again)

July 17 - Between 9PM and Midnight leave for Panama City airport. Wait overnight until first flight out the next day.

July 18 - 6:00AM first flight out to Costa Rica; Roadblock; Yield; Detour; pit stop between 2PM and 9PM

Extended pit stop 36 hours

July 20 - Teams leave pitstop for Cosa Rica airport between 2AM and 9AM

July 20 - First flight to Phoenix on Continental at 6:45AM but better direct flight out on Air West at 7:15AM arriving in Phoenix at 11:56AM

This conforms with sighting of Phil at San Jose airport on July 20

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:23:41 PM »
Ok, not to get too much off topic here, but this is the best thing on the internet right now, this topic, that is! Great job you guys! Every TAR fan has to see this!

Rob

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 04:03:03 PM »
 *8/ You're messin' with me. 

But thanks.

GMan,  you are so right I'm trying to get it fixed now.

I can't decide where to put the uncertainty in dates.  I am thinking we can dispose of the Belize leg idea because When the last leg started we see teams read, lips in sync with the words, that they are going to Panama.  And they have the same clothes on at the departure mat as when they are at the New Orleans airport.  So, nothing tricky is going on.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 09:44:42 PM »
There were strong reports of things going on in Belize and teams being held there. Now I think that the report concerned the four teams that were being sequestered there and after two weeks the youngin's were getting ancy. But it might have been the idea of the producers to sequester the teams here to give them a feel of some kind of "foreign travel" during the 25 days production was going on.  And not a bad place to be sequestered: lots of surf and fun activites, jungle zip lines, soveigner shopping etc. etec.

Also you are right on the lip syncing and the fact that every team had the same clothes on when they departed NO and arrived in Panama.

The numbers on the backpacks surely looked like only 10 teams - it would be just too much to expect the missing team to be NO. 11.

And I guess in most cases the producers always add one more of everything.  I noticed this week that in each location there were 7 not 6 instruments. Possibly done so teams will not know for sure how many teams are ahead of them.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 11:19:24 AM »
Anybody have estimates on how long the bus ride to San Jose was?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »
Someone reported that the bus ride from Panama City to San Jose was 16 hours; but this was on a commercial, regularly scheduled bus route (with stops) so the chartered bus might be quicker by 4 hours.  Still the buses arrived in San Jose late at night or early in the morning. Note the empty streets as the Paolos wandered around looking for the car park. So with the first bus leaving at 11:30AM it may not have arrived in San Jose until 3:00AM. Then they all had to wait until the Volcan park opened at about 8:00AM.

The events probably took the entire day to complete. And the day was ending as the Godlewski sisters arrived (note low sun and long shadows) and it was setting as the Gaghans arrived as we hear Pa Gaghan say: " look at the sunset on the water" Hard to tell the time of the other team arrivals since it was cloudy and rainy.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »
We've got a date!

Wednesday July 20th at the San Jose Airport (flight monitor)

|#'   {**}   |#'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 12:30:50 AM »
Chateau  |#' You Rock!!!!!!!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 03:36:15 PM »
I think we need a little update on your timeline, Chateau:

Tuesday, July 19 - 3:00 - 6:00 teams arrive at pitstop at Jako Beach, Costa Rica - Fifth ELIMINATION

Wednesday, July 20 - Teams leave pitstop between 7:27AM and 9:00AM; swim; Barrels and Brush; SJO airport and flights to Phoenix leaving at 2:20 via Atlanta, and 2:40 via New York. Over night at airports

Thursday, July 21 - Teams arrive in Phoenix 8:35AM and 9:30AM; Go-Karts, travel to pitstop at La Puesta del Sol and arrive between 11:43AM and 12:14PM. NEL

Thursday, July 21 - Teams leave La Puesta del Sol between 11:43PM and 12:14AM. Travel to Mesa Airport wait for opening hours.

Friday, July 22 - 4:30AM FCI events; drive to Grand Canyon 277 miles; drive to Glen Canyon Dam 137 miles; Bearing or Bail; travel to houseboat on Lake Powell. Pit stop. Sixth and Penultamate ELIMINATION. Arrive between 3 and 5PM.

Saturday, July 23 - Drive to Utah.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 05:37:28 PM »
Updated.

Puddin, do you know the dates of the Canada spoilers?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 10:43:24 PM »
Four teams arrived in Montreal from Toronto on Air Canada flight No. 418 at 5:10PM on July 30. A "fifth" team arrived on Northwest Airlines from Chicago via Minneapolis.  This may be the fifth team eliminated (The Paolos) who are travelling to the final pit stop in a park near Niagara Falls on July 31.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 11:42:45 PM »
I'm taking the 5 teams info with a grain of salt Gman ..why would they make the Paolo's travel with the teams for 10 days ?

over her Gman ,I don't want to threadjack Chateaus timeline

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6511.new.html#new

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 01:08:15 AM »
Updated

Do any of these Canada/Niagara spoilers say "saw people with backpacks"?  Because we know that the G's don't have em.  And hopfully the "family" won't either.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 10:40:13 AM »
Don't recall mention of backpacks.

CdeI - in your time line: Toronto comes before Montreal

Final mat is said to be in Joseph Davis State Park on July 31.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 12:32:10 AM »
Updated.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 10:22:37 AM »
drive to a ranch in Big Hiney, Wyoming,

Hey, Chateau.  Is this some kind of Freudian slip?  It's Big Piney.   |(

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 10:42:41 AM »
No slip.   Just borrowing someone else's joke.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 06:55:26 PM »
 :lolCX:

looks Great Chateau !!