Author Topic: Probst may be quitting Survivor  (Read 43161 times)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: Probst may be quitting Survivor
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 06:23:48 PM »
So, if I am counting right, isn't this the 11th season? Wonder if Jeff will anounce his leaving at the final TC?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2005, 06:41:38 PM »
Yeah....and he'll name his successor................StephaME!!!  )<
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2005, 06:48:33 PM »
Poopert...I want Poopert  |#'

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:21 PM »
Liar!

You want Rupert as much as I want Romber!!!

Rob

Offline ruperts butcrack

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2005, 07:43:48 PM »
i hope the host is Wanda Shirk,what a kangaroo court that would be.if you dont remember wanda heres a reminder http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/survivors/bio/wanda.shtml
"i just thought of something funny...your mother" CHEECH MARIN

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2005, 07:56:03 PM »
Singing Wanda, please help us!

Rob

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 09:44:12 AM »
IF it is a woman....who woudl really be a good person?

Tina  ~she will nto do it
Jerri ~ she always wants attention
Sue hawks ~ nah
Jenna M  ~ i think she would be too soft spoken
Kathy ~ do nto think she would be gone that much from Her family
Amber ~ too soft spoken
Stephanie ~ well she got a 2nd chance here so who knows
Who else woulf do it or make a good host if it really is a female?

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 01:02:06 PM »
I would love to see Kathy do it, but I think Colby will get first shot at it.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 05:10:56 PM »
I dunno about Colby.  He may not want to be exposed to any more of those weird jungle/island diseases/bacteria/bugs. 
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
I don't ever see Jeff dealing with those things.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Producer: Jeff Probst to Leave Survivor
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2005, 04:34:33 PM »
Producer: Jeff Probst to Leave Survivor

Monday Oct 31, 2005 8:00am EST
By Stephen M. Silverman
Jeff Probst
CREDIT: PATRICK RIDEAUX / PICTUREPERFECT

Survivor producer Mark Burnett expects next spring's 12th edition of Survivor will be the last for its host, Jeff Probst – and a former female contestant from that granddaddy of reality shows may replace him.

"I believe in my gut that he will move on," producer Mark Burnett told TV Guide about Probst, according to RealityTVWorld.com, adding that Burnett "half-nodded" when asked if Probst would be replaced by a former female player from the show.

Burnett's statement preceded Probst's announcement on Live with Regis and Kelly that the rumors were untrue that he was leaving Survivor because he was in love with Survivor: Vanuatu's Julie Berry and his contract was expiring after "Survivor 12."

Jeff Probst and Julie Berry
CREDIT: JOE PUGLIESEEarlier this month, Probst, 43, told PEOPLE about Berry, 24: "I finally met someone who could teach me about love. Julie's given me a sense of balance I've never had. It's like fingers interlacing."

Berry, whom Probst waited to ask out until the game was over (she came in fifth place during season nine), is equally smitten. "Everything is a brighter shade," says the former youth mentor from Maine. "We complement each other beautifully."

As for his Survivor job, Probst told PEOPLE that he was unsure about whether he'll renew.

"There's the inevitable point where you go, 'Do I want to do other things?'" he said. "But like I told someone the other day, I don't want to be the David Caruso of reality TV. I'll never have as good a job as Survivor."

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1124373,00.html

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2005, 05:26:48 PM »
OK so now that the rumor is a former female contestant is gonna be hosting the show I decided to do a look back and see who would make a worth while candidate for this even though I think we all know who it is  :t-up:.  So the basic criteria I have set up here is easy you just need to be a female Jeffy (it shouldnt be hard to equal his Tom Cruise like height however the 1.5 inch identical dimples might be a bit much to ask for); basically she is somewhat intelligent, easy on the eyes, and the Sue Hawk rule she can spell (sorry Sue). So lets run down the seasons.  Stars indicate the people you would choose if you had to for that season and why.

Borneo - Probables are Stacey,Gretchen, and Jenna - I dont think any of these would want to come back to try to host or that we would necessarily want these people back in Jenna's case.  Actually I would say Jenna L. gets treated the same be SEG as she does by most men in that they wouldnt touch that with a 100 hundred foot pole. 
Favorties are Coleen and Kelly*(shes the original immunity god - Tom and Ian had **** on her) I dont think either would do it as neither really liked how the game played out in then end.

Outback- Probables are Jerri, Tina, and Alicia - Tina was a winner but that about all shes got going for her shes a little old to come on as the host I think. Alicia might bring the finger wave back we might even see it come out at TC!!!!! but basicall she is too much drama for the show. Jerri would probably be a decent choice as she has had aspirations in the past of doing her own reality show but last time she was on TV for SEG we learned that america hates her.
Favorites are Amber* and Elisabeth* while I dont think either will be doing it becuase they have moved on Elisabeth to a real tv job and Amber to life with Rob and a Million plus.  That being said Amber would be a good choice beacuse she is the "ulitmate survivor" and Elisabeth because she has real tv and interviewing experience.

Africa- Probables are .. . . .  well just for arguments sake we will say Linda but I would get tired of hearing "mother (insert what ever part of the world they are filming in)" ever again.  Then Kim J, and T Bird who both fall to the same problem as Tina age.
Favorties are .. . .  none this season sucked if you were a male viewer in hindsight.

Marquesas - Probables Neleh, V, and Gina Gina is probably the best choice out of these 3 shes good looking and pretty intelligent.  Neleh and V just make the cut because they were final 2 a pretty crappy one at that, the love fest that was the end of this season didnt not intrique me at all.  And does anyone even know that V won?????
the Favortie is Kathy* she is probably one of the coolest women to play the game, she truly enjoys her time out there and has a great grasp of life and of people; other then Amber or Tina she probably lives the game the most.

Thailand - This was one of my favorite seasons by far, then I looked at the cast I dont seem to remember any of these people except Shiiann, Brian, and Clay who is my name sake???????  So while it was one of my favorties it really was the Brian show Cant wait till they air it on OLN becuase outside of the outcome I cant remember what happened.
The favortie here is obviously Shii-ann* she has a good game sense, and ask good questions of people (ie final TC of Allstars she was probably the only one not throwing a pity party or a thanks for taking us along party) I think I know why no one from this season made all stars.

Amazon - Good females to choose from here probables are Christy and Hedi. Can you imagine how intense TC will be with Christy signing and all the tribemembers sitting as they have no clue what is going on (crikets chirping) and then the vote.  With Heidi you have one of thoes girls you see and immediately you think wow she is amazingly hott but does she have anything going on up stairs.  Then later you find out she doesnt have anything going on upstairs but reguardless she is smokin hott. 
The favorite here and for the whole thing Jenna* she has the looks, she has the smarts, she has the humor, and most importantly she won and won in a season that was not a cake walk (Brain/Tom). On top of that she is in the middle of her second year hosting survivor live looks like SEG likes her and also that Hatch might have had a good chance at hosting one day pre tax evasion problems (see Jenna L comment above).

Pearl Islands - Once again not a whole lot to build on here the probables are Nicole who could do anything as long as she does it with out panites on!!!!!!!!!!!  You also have Lil the broke ass girl scout, she lacks all intelligence but on the bright side EPMB is into bringing things back (ie steph and BJ) and shes already been brought back once. She is far and away the most underesving person in survivor history.  Then there Sandra who much like V won wow what a shock. Lets face it she was annoying and unatractive. 
The favortie Darrah* wow what a hottie and shes got the dimples covered pretty well.  That being said I dont think she has a shot becuase experience as a mortician doesnt reallyhelp you out with TV.

Vanuatu - Finally a season actually ruled by the chicks!!!! until Chris WON.  Lots of probables here Ami she was good looking but I for one dont think she can keep her problems with men underwraps for something like hosting.  Leann was a little older and well didnt really leave a mark to remember her by.  Scout and Twila were both eaisly the ugliest contestants after the 39 days. Twila would let somecontestant get to her and go off yelling about how she is not the only one who has ever lied.  As for Scout if her post over at Survivors Strike Back are any hint then TC might have to be extended to every 5th day to account for her rants about the wind and aoura around. Julie wow wouldnt that be great, Probst leaves the show for her and she leaves him for the show (talk about getting played). 
The favorties Eliza* outside of Jenna she is who I think should get the job, shes attractive, smart and defiantely knows the game inside and out.  She even knew that winning the car didnt help her chances to win.

Palau - Once again not a whole lot to choose from the Probables Angie and Katie, on the one hand you have someone who probably cant have the most entertaining conversation and is not very easy on the eyes.  Then you have Katie the coattail rider I just wonder how they would keep Ian away as he obviously saw somthing in Katie I dont think many ever will. 
The favortie Steph*  I hate even considering her a fav she is like that rich kid growing up in school who got a Range Rover at 16. Knowing that things always seem to happen when I dont want it too this might beyour host but she would SUCK AT IT!!!!!

I would put Guatemala but as we know Queen Steph is out there again although if Danni had been around about 3 seasons earlier then she would probably be a top candidate with her experience in the radio field.

All that said and believe me it took me a while to comprise this Jenna has to get this if it is indeed a female shes a winner, shes hot, she kinda already works for the company.  Anyway why is Rafe so stunned and everyone else is disillusioned??????? hmmmm maybe Jenna is there??????
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2005, 08:25:38 PM »
When Danni is made the host.............just I know.............that I put the pen to paper first.........

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/77/2/
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2005, 08:42:03 PM »
Oh now that idea I like Trevor  |#' !! Right now shes my Fav female contestant , next to Cindy that is  !! I hope your prediction is right on  !

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2005, 04:08:34 AM »
Danni would be a great host!  :t-up:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Probst Sticks with Survivor !!!!
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005, 03:47:10 PM »
Breaking News  :holidayC:

Probst Sticks with Survivor

By Jim Benson -- Broadcasting & Cable, 12/8/2005 4:10:00 PM

Ending widespread speculation that Survivor’s Jeff Probst would walk away from the show he has hosted since its inception in 2000, CBS Thursday confirmed to B&C that he has renewed his contract.

“We have a new agreement with Jeff Probst to continue as host of Survivor,” a CBS spokesman said.

Sources said it is a two-year deal that will take him through the hit show’s 16th edition in 2008.

Executive Producer Mark Burnett produces two cycles of the series each season for CBS.

The 42-year-old Probst’s current contract was reportedly set to expire in the first-half of 2006, when the upcoming 12th edition of Survivor ends.

Probst has been vocal about his desire to eventually settle down and start a family, which led to questions about whether he would want to make another long-term commitment to the program or simply leave.

But despite a flurry of speculative press reports questioning whether Probst would go, and who might replace him, he had never declared his intentions.

The Associated Press had quoted Probst as saying, “There’s the inevitable point where you go, ‘Do I want to do other things?’ But … I’ll never have as good a job as Survivor.”

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6290086.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2005, 06:25:35 PM »
Well, I guess that ends this thread.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2005, 07:08:19 PM »
 :keetaC:

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2005, 12:09:38 PM »
 :thumbC:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »
 :neenerC:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2005, 01:07:11 AM »
I am pleased that Jeff signed on to do more shows.  The show isn;t the same without him, in my opinion.  I enjoy his play by play comments when the survivors are in a reward or immunity challenge.   :Xmas: :santaC:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2005, 03:35:01 AM »
 :danceC: Woo Hoooo...Jeffy's staying!  :Xmas: |#' {|
Bathfizzy...me too, enjoy his play by play comments when the survivors are in a reward or immunity challenge.  Overall, No one else can do the job as well as Jeff!  (^.# }^!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
TRUE SURVIVOR

Survivor host Jeff Probst, who recently signed to stick with the series for at least four more editions, said he was "very comfortable not coming back" until the latest band of castaways changed his mind. "I had a blast," he said of Survivor: Panama (which begins Feb. 2), an exile island edition shot in the same region as Survivor: All Stars.

Still, Probst has shot 12 Survivors in six years. He has enough Air Miles. "I'm in love and I don't like being away," he said.

Girlfriend Julie Berry, a Survivor: Vanuatu castaway, helped him make up his mind. "She said, 'Look. It's six weeks. Do you want to do it?' " Having fun helped, but Probst also admitted that "from a career point of view and a financial point of view, this was the time to re-sign."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/Weekend/2006/01/20/1403185-sun.html

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2006, 11:47:35 AM »
 B:) Come on, I know Jeff was holding out for the amount of $. Besides what man wouldn't want to get paid to be away from home for 12 weeks out of the year? :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2006, 11:48:23 AM »
 :ele: