Author Topic: Bye, Bye Brooke! Anyone surprised?  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bye, Bye Brooke! Anyone surprised?
« on: October 06, 2005, 08:20:27 PM »
Also, how about the tribe reorganization??
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:55:25 PM by Jill W »

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Bye, Bye Brook! Anyone surprised?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »
Here is my recap of tonight's show.

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/65/2/

Jill W, I'm going to be honest here.  The tribe reorganization pisses me off.  I'm a purist and I don't like the bastardization of Survivor which is what this reorganization represented.  Raise your hands if you think this was a blatant attempt to get Steph and Bobby Jon in better situation?
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Bye, Bye Brooke! Anyone surprised?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:59:18 PM »
Trevor, I didn't like it (reorganization) either.  And, oops!  Sorry, I should not have posted before you.  When I looked back at some of the older posts, I saw that your recap came first.  I tried to delete my post but I wasn't allowed to.  Feel free to delete it if you wish.
Jill

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »
We like when people discuss! Please feel free to do that more, Jill!

I didn't mind the shakeup too much. I was a little bored with the show! But it was defiantly to help the Golden Child Steph more! No doubt in my mind. But, what can we do! LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 09:30:14 PM »
Welcome Jill ..cant say Im surprised that Brooke is gone ..the invisable peeps keep disappearing
let me see.

for Trevor  :cheeky:

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 10:07:43 PM »
i was totally shocked, rob!!  ((^ i had it all figured out that gary was going!!  and could not believe i did not even get the i/c winners right!!  this changes everything now, but think after tonight, the boot will be more predictable!! :t-up:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 12:40:23 AM »
Gammy, I don't think the boots will ever be predictable.....I've been totally stumped every week  |(  *(^   }}
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 02:48:07 AM »
Join the club.  This is really a weird season.  I like the show tho & glad they shuffled peeps around the way they did.  I think this is the first season that i like nearly all the  players! 
 |#'

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 07:09:03 AM »
Don't worry about it all Jill!  We love it when people talk about the show that just aired!

The Tribe reorganization was such a blatant move to give Steph and Bobby Jon a better chance at lasting longer.  Tribal shuffling shouldn't be done this early in the game.  I was annoyed about that.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 07:40:20 AM »
As the most diehard Steph fan here I have no complaints about the tribe shuffle.  Although I am really beggining to ger frustrated seeing steph at tribal council time after time.  If i was a christian i'd b praying for her tribe to win a damn imunity challenge.  By the way I would like to point out to everyone else that putting steph in a good position isn't the only thing tha could be influenced by the tirbe shuffle.  After episode 3 where no one made a mention of Gary being a quaterback the shuffle conveniently brings Danni onto Yaxha to shake things up.   _-^

Cecil
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 09:19:02 AM »
I didn't mind the shuffle.  Heck, we've seen it since S3 in Africa (it will never get better than that, though).  I don't necessarily think it was designed to favor one tribe over the other.  It might easily have turned out similar to  All-Stars, where only one (Amber) ended on a different tribe. 

I do blame the editing this season for our inability to predict a boot.  We've had no real story arcs other than Steph, Gary, Lydia, and to a lesser degree, Bobby Jon, Blake, Margaret.    So out of 18 originals, we don't know that much about 2/3 of them.  We knew more about Jim in the first hour than we did about Morgan, Brianna, and Brooke after four.  Before, the shuffle, where were Brandon and Blake's loyalties?  Was Cindy in a tight alliance with any of the men on old Nakum? 

I think Judd did the right thing by aligning himself with the former Yaxhas now on Nakum.  I think he'll end up going further in the game.

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 09:45:23 AM »
Anyone suprised?.....no. Anyone care?.......definately no.

Does anyone really even care about the tribes. You don't even realize that there are playes outside of Steph or Gary. Everyone else gets some screen time and you are like who is that? Rob is right in saying that casting for reality shows has really gone to ****. They have eliminated 4 people already and not 1 of them made an impact on anything.

Hopefully this shuffle will put the spotlight on different people so that we can get some drama. Maybe a little cat fight or two since most of the women ended up on the same tribe. Or maybe the men will get into a pissing contest........