Author Topic: Intro Flash Vidcaps discussion  (Read 67319 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Intro Flash Vidcaps discussion
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2005, 02:45:23 PM »
actually the flag was someone elses eyes  {l{ , I guess we will know soon enough , I'm so relieved that this part is over .. it was becoming as obsession .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2005, 02:36:43 AM »
Thankyou TARJUNKIE !!

La Puesta del Sol
"Located on Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Reservation (northeast of Phoenix/Scottsdale), this adobe style fortress is perfect for a western-cookout or a Southwestern evening. There are uninterrupted views of the Four Peaks and Matazal wilderness areas, the Superstition Wilderness area, Fountain Hills and the Continental Mountains. Covered space is available in this remote western setting with spectacular views."

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2005, 08:08:52 AM »
..........and I was in Scottsdale and Sedona in July.  Who'd thunk????  I know it will probably be closer to the end of July until they get to the desert, but to think I was so close!!!   )<

There was a huge wild fire between Scottsdale and Sedona (west of the Fort McDowell area) while I was there.  Not that it matters, just some curious info. 

Great thanx to tarjunkie  =]/ as I spent a bit of time search for Pueblo/Southwestern/Mission style everything....to no avail.

On to the next one..........   *(^

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2005, 10:48:04 AM »
Super Work Tarjunkie.   :t-up:

For those who tried (like me for example).  This link comes up on page one of a Google search of ["adobe style" arizona evening]

I had tried lots of variations.  And I was trying to come up with a word along the lines of 'evening'.  But I never got it.

ETA:
The 'evening' sentiment comes from Puddin's observation of an electrical outlet next to a bush.  I was thinking it was for lighting and the way things looked kind of dolled up for show... It just never jelled for me.  Just not very many words for Google to grab onto at that site.  That was a tough cookie to crack.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 01:04:07 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:18 AM »

I feel your pain , I was near all the areas nearby the Fortress & even seached "Forts"  {l{ ! Hey we tried ..just glad this nightmare is over .. :]

This vidcap is in the Promo for next weeks EP ,great detective work supsandalee  |#'
Bransen family;   (thanks to supsandalee)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2005, 11:59:08 AM »
Congratulations to TJ, that was some great work. Like others, I was all over AZ but never found it; I never tried "evening" and I'm curious about the exact phrase used. Could this be the flag we saw on the left?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2005, 09:06:32 PM »
#5 looks like Jackson Hole/Tetons. I'll add a few of my own

Actually banzai it was Slowhatch that correctly identified the Tetons first back on page 1  ..

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »
^^ oh yeah. I didn't pay attention to the word Teton.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »
No problem banzai ..I'll fix the other thread too  }bH{

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »
The average is 2 states per episode. We have spoilers for Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona. We're missing 1 state.  *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »
Thats my old map banzai  *8/ ..since I'm crappy at map handicapped can someone make us a new one ..please ?  {|

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2005, 12:01:50 PM »
We have spoilers for Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona. We're missing 1 state.

Banzai,  You're missing Montana.  Puddin has posted a few spoilers about Billings.   Here's another one that was posted by a Billings TV station before this seaon's race began.
http://www.kpax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3907496&nav=menu227_2

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2005, 12:06:22 PM »
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6511.45.html

Hey, lets dump Montana stories since they obviously now have been shown that it was not
TAR they were shooting scenes for.(unless they are about Joe Montana)

but gman already dumped that spoiler so I don't know  *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2005, 01:26:16 PM »
banzai we discounted the Fort Benton article ,
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6511.15.html

but we still have the
BILLINGS ,Montana spoiler which came later but was speculated originally at Blows ..
the blog that I found on-line fits in nicely ...

Amazing Race makes stop in Billings

BILLINGS -- The latest season of one of TV's most popular reality shows begins Tuesday night on KTVQ. And part of this year's "The Amazing Race" will look very familiar to viewers in the Billings area.

Q2 has learned that the contestants and crew of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" stayed in Billings for several days.

CBS won't say where the production crew spent time, or how far along in the series the Billings stop was.

In the Emmy-winning reality show, teams follow clues and race each other around the world on a limited budget.

For the Family Edition, instead of couples, nine families of four are competing for a $1 million grand prize.

The season premiere of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" airs every Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. on KTVQ.

http://www.kpax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3907496&nav=menu227_2
The Amazing Race: A Rumor
Now that the Amazing Race has started, the rumor mill is grinding. I heard a rumor a month or so ago that the Amazing Race contestants had been in Montana. And in Billings no less. But today I heard another rumor from a pretty reliable source. Not only were the Amazing Race contestants in Montana but the pit stop for that particular point in the race was a ranch not more than 45 miles from where I live! Whether this is all true or not remains to be seen. But this is the way I heard it. The Race leaves Cody, WY and heads for Fishtail, Montana through Red Lodge. They camp at the ranch for their mandatory rest period and then head off to the airport in Billings. Which means they had to pass by the town I live it! This is all too exciting! This is all speculation, however, but it sure makes the race fun to watch.

http://www.terrestrialball.com/offerings/2005/09/the_amazing_rac.html
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6511.60.html

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
Wow, look how close together all these locations are:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2005, 05:14:47 PM »
Ha!  Chateau, those locations may look close together, but a lot of driving on two lane roads is required.  Plus, you add in all of the summer traffic (RVs, etc.) and one can become a very frustrated driver.

There's also a great change in elevation.  Cody's only at 5000 feet.  Yellowstone's roads are mostly at 7500 to 8500 feet.

If they visit Old Faithful, they'll have to make a loop in Yellowstome to get to Cody.  You have to take a left at the T coming up from the Tetons.

Yellowstone is one of the greatest places I have ever visited but the driving sucked.  Oh, I forgot to add all of the vehicles slowing down and stopping to view the elk, buffalo, moose, and other animals..

I don't expect an auto race in Yellowstone.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:18:36 PM by Pedaler »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2005, 06:36:24 PM »
I left Pandora @ Terrestrial Ball a message .. hopefully he replies and we get some dates  8-)'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR-Americana Intro Vidcaps (2)
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2005, 03:49:37 PM »
:bump:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2005, 10:18:05 PM »
I believe I've finally made some progress on the Extra 300l. For a few weeks I had been trying to stuff a square peg in a round hole: I was convinced the plane was in Utah for a Detour (with the balloons). Google wasn't helping, so I finally gave up and tried Webshots. It didn't take long to find this plane, complete with URL. Go to this image search and you'll see a bunch of white Extras (also note the company logo, which I've copied). Fighter Combat International uses the 300s in their fleet (I had trouble loading their pages and had to use the Google cache; if anybody has better luck, please share). Compare: the white top and colored underbelly, the registration markings (N-number), and the logo on the tail and behind the cockpit. The bad news: FCI has locations in both Mesa AZ and Niagara Falls, so I can't get any closer than that.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2005, 07:52:29 PM »
After a bit of study, maybe I can get a little closer. I still can't load the FCI webpages, but a couple of things stick out: first, the Canadian-registered planes have a different design (see here); and second, the terrain around the Mesa HQ much more closely resembles the vidcap than the Niagara area (Google Earth snapshots below). It's not much to go on, so I'll keep the BBQ crow handy, but for now I'm going to go ahead and call the plane ride for the Arizona episode.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2005, 02:11:13 AM »
With the edition of the Bear , thanks to the webclues & Slowhatch ..I put the Cowboy & Cowgirl with Montana & Wyoming for now .
I think its done  |#' !!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2005, 02:24:10 AM »
Did the parrot ever show up?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2005, 02:26:45 AM »
Sure , it was Costa Rica !

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2005, 09:05:12 PM »
Okay, I think I got it pegged now.  These mountains are known as the Cathedral Group.  They include Grand Teton, Mount Owen, and Teewinot.

This site has a shot from the right direction (Snake River).

Compare:

And the pit stop for this leg of the race will be at The Triangle X Ranch.  (just a guess)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 09:10:35 PM by puddin »