Author Topic: EP 4 Title ~" To Betray or Not To Betray"  (Read 17312 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 4 Title ~" To Betray or Not To Betray"
« on: September 22, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 07:53:14 PM by puddin »

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
Re: EP 4 Title ~" To Betray or Not To Betray"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:34:45 PM »
BETRAY??????? *(^  Oh now, I don't think anyone on a reality show will betray!!!!!! ]][ ^/^ ^/^ 

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:12:27 PM »
Next time:

Yax has deadly visitor
CROC
Gary: Definitely dangerous, no doubt about that
and
Misery plagues Nakum
BRIGHT HOT SUN......
Brandon VO: This place changes you, completely wears you down
Judd throwing logs down

And the game is taken to a new level

SHOTS OF THEM AT A CHALLENGE, LOOKS TO BE TRIVIA, SHOT OF BJ THEN STEPH WITH RAFE BEHIND HER AND SOMEONE SITTING NEXT TO HER THEY ARE HOLDING WHAT APPEARS TO BE PAD/PAPER

Steph : OH MY GAWD

« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:51:42 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:22:06 AM »
OMG !! :headhunter:

In an unexpected twist, members of the two tribes are shuffled.

While one Survivor dangles his feet in the crocodile-infested waters, something nibbles on his toes. (Yaxha Duh )

A very close Immunity Challenge leads into a tense Tribal Council that could end with a tie or a major betrayal.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 01:11:37 AM »
Puddin, are you serious?  The tribes are shuffled?  Where is the boot list?  My visits to this board are not very long so I will have to check back.  Thanks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 02:35:50 AM »
 ^/^ I have NO bootlist Bathfizzy  :yaya: !
This season is leaving me empty  !!  I can't even follow the editing ,I cant find a winner and now team shuffling  |( ! The invisible people are disappearing quickly best guess is to look at them ..whos Brook   {l{ ?  I don't know ? .. I guess we wait for the promos or just go spoil THe Amazing Race !! {**}

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 09:01:34 AM »
WOW when I saw the pads and the OH MY GAWD I immediately thought it is tribal shuffle... Wonder if they have to with players they would want to be with or tribe they want to be with?  I just do not think Steph would be saying OH MY GAWD just for a trivia answer...unless it is one challenge for reward and Immunity ~ 1 day then TC.

The person behind Steph looks like jamie

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »
another thought...I think when asked everyone on yaxha will say they want to stay on the tribe, but I think steph will jump ship.  She will probably be should I betray them and leave?  But I think if her and BJ are together they are a force and people will target them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 10:33:13 AM »
well the promos not up yet but I got the feeling they would be forced to switch sides , I'm probobly wrong ..I was thinking it went 4 from each team get switched ( funny Steph was wishing she was on a different tribe and the TPTB grant her , her wish )
Then I was thinking the " Betrayed " might be someone on Stephs alliance and her new formed tribe wants that person out . First guess Gary .

a few more Texan

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 11:05:54 AM »
If it is the 4 sitting together that are switched it will be interesting.... Jamie does not like Steph too much but will have to be with her since the other tribe may target them...Lydia's tight partner Brian will be on the other team.

Thery are sitting too close and looking at each other to be having to make and answer for a question.  Steph may be thinking why did I not sit next to Gary and Amy.

Will Steph and BJ end up opn the same tribe?  Will any of the athletic girls still be with Steph or will she have to rely on Lydia

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »
my photo bucket here
http://photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/s11_%20Ep_3/?start=all
Promo link here

VO: Survivor Thursday .This former NFL Quaterback has been hiding his identity
Female: and your an ex- football player ?
Gary : < shakes head > No
VO: now his secret maybe discoverd
Amy: ..retired hes like a multi - millionare ..I'll Freaking kill him .
VO: and we've sprung alot of surprises on the castaways 
Danni : Oh < puts hands to eyes >
Margaret : < confessional > Oh My God
Rafe : < in canoe > Ohh!
VO: but your about to witness something thats never happened before
Gary : OH
Brian : Wow < on the  deck at camp >
Magaret : Hhhh !! < sitting at RC > ?
ROARRRR ... Judd beating his chest like Tarzan
VO: don't miss a new episode .....

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 02:04:36 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 01:34:27 PM »
misc ~

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
Okay a couple of things....three colors...three tribes?  there are 15 plyers now.  Danni must be with Gary and Amy now, who else is there?  Steph has a yellow buff on now ~ her stick had a yellow marks and you can see the top of her buff in the pic.

Rafe and Judd both at the front of their conoes...if ti si a chellenge Judd's team has slight lead ~ see where the front of Judd's conoe is compared to Rafe's goign at Judd's

Danni and Margeret's reaction...if they miss a question to they go to the newly formed team or do they get to pick.

I think steph is switched to Judd's team and that is why he is happy.  either that or the monkey finnaly left.

The red stripe makes me think 3 teams, but all stars started with 3 teams.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »
 Good Work Texan !!
also bianca pointed out that Rafe maybe in a yellow canoe , and Brian has a blue oar behind him?

Riverrat

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 08:50:46 AM »
The flag behind Gary is green/blue in the top pic.

I hate when they switch tribes just so Steph won't be on the losing side again. I think that is so totally unfair. Why don't they just put more equal teams on each tribe to begin with?  (:;)

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 11:25:44 AM »
I agree, River.  The teams seem so unbalanced.  At least if they're gonna put most of the strong members on one tribe, the challenges should be balanced between brains & brawn.  That way, each tribe gets a chance to shine.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 04:16:57 PM »
So you think the forum to discuss their tribes and the switch will take the place of the RC?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 05:30:21 PM »
Heres what TDT posted ~~

REWARD CHALLENGE: Trivia/ Nakum wins letters from home? 
Parts of this challenge were shown in the post-Ep3 TV preview, where it was edited to suggest the switch occurs here. But we think that's actually at the IC. This is just a plain old trivia quiz/ mental challenge for reward (as Probst warned, voting people out purely for strength is risky, so immediately following we see a mental challenge). As you might expect, Bobby Jon doesn't look pleased.

But fear not, his tribe wins anyway. We see Margaret gasping at the challenge, then in the same clothes, crying with a slightly different background behind her. We also see Judd uh... "not" crying. We expect that this reward will be something similar to the Vanuatu one, where the yellow tribe won coffee and letters from home. Ho hum. 

Switch, IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Canoe race, etc./ Nakum wins? 
With Nakum enjoying another (reward) challenge win, looks like time to switch things up. Who gets switched? The web promo shows us a lot.
Some are clear: Rafe and Steph are shown together at the IC lake, with Rafe gasping. Later, Rafe is visible in a yellow canoe.
In the other canoe, which appears to be blue, Blake is present. So Blake and Rafe switch teams (biancaxxx also saw this, and posted it at MeSS).
Does Steph too? Yep, she's shown with a yellow buff around her waist. And then there's Jamie... shown in the web promo with what appears to be a blue buff on his head. But as the video moves, some of the blue slips onto his forehead, and some yellow peeks out on the other side. Whoops! Once this airs on TV, it should be more obvious. Who gets switched to Yaxha? Well, for the possibility of a tie, there must be 4 ex-Nakums there. So in addition to Blake, we think we hear Danni's voice directly asking Gary (at Yaxha camp) about his ("No! I swear!") NFL career. Danni's also featured in the RC shots (as is Jamie), which are usually clues for who's switched. For the other two, then, we'd guess Margaret and Judd, who are all over the promos. But there's no real evidence for or against there.

As for the IC, it looks very similar to the Ep1 IC, since racing canoes to retrieve objects from the lake appears to be involved. There is also some sort of throwing (spears? paddles?) stage involved, presumably using the objects picked up on the lake. Who wins? Well, since we see Gary back at Yaxha camp, getting the third degree about his football days, and a slightly drawling woman (who is not Amy, Steph or Lydia) asking him about it, we're guessing Yaxha loses, yet again. Because the post-IC action always follows the losing tribe back to their camp, as they prepare to vote someone out at TC. And Gary is the red herring this particular time. 

BOOT/ Blake? Brian? Amy? 
Clearly, our attempts to follow previously-useful patterns of CBS editing to find the bootee the last two weeks have been spectacularly bad. So we'll try something new this time.

There's one set of clues that's worked at times last season, and seems to still work this season, at least so far. While it probably won't work again, now that we're pointing out, it should at least be good for this episode: Simply, who is shown when Probst is speaking at the end of tribal council is important. And what he says when they're shown is important too. For the boot, Brianna was the last person shown as Probst gave his parting words ("didn't see it coming"). The three below all had significant edits at previous TCs, and all end up on Yaxha this week: 

TDT credits this person XbaIanque
For the Blake spoiler so there maybe something to it ..

Overall, we think Blake is the most likely to be booted. Clearly, the Gary storyline is the focus for the episode, and will probably be the red herring heading into tribal council. Since Brian is shown flipping his head back and forth multiple times in the ads, he's probably the person getting pulled by the tie-vs-betrayal options. As such, he's unlikely to be a vote target (this week). He and Danni have previously talked about Gary, now's the time, in theory, to put the "Gary lied!" story into action. Amy sounds like she's sticking with Gary. Gary's not voting for himself, and if Lydia is there, she won't vote for Gary, either. The ex-Nakums will all happily vote for Gary, since he's a strong guy from the other tribe. That leaves Brian in the middle. We're guessing he chooses not to betray Gary, there's a tie, and Blake leaves.

(And then Brian, after the Nakums get mad that he promised to vote off Gary, then changed his mind, will likely be next).

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_guatemala/spoilers/index.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 10:11:48 PM »

"To Betray or Not to Betray"
The two tribes are switched around; one castaway gets a big scare when something nibbles on his toes as he dangles them in crocodile-infested waters; a very close Immunity Challenge leads to a tense Tribal Council.

Date: Thursday, October 6, 2005
Time: 8:00 pm
Channel: 2, WYOU
Descriptor: (Stereo, CC)

Remind Me
  Go to Full TV Listings

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 11:15:24 PM »
thanks to SF~

Episode 4 - CBS Press Release

THE TRIBES MEET AND FIND OUT THEY ARE BEING SWITCHED AROUND, ON "SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE," THURSDAY, OCT. 6
"To Betray Or Not To Betray" -- The tribes are switched around, on SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE, Thursday, Oct. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Nakum and Yaxha come together for a forum that reveals the state of their tribes. In an unexpected twist, the two tribes are switched around. One castaway gets a big scare when something nibbles on his toes while he is dangling them in the crocodile-infested waters. A very close Immunity Challenge leads into a tense Tribal Council that has the potential to end with a tie or a major betrayal.

And, the fourth member is voted out of the tribe.

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 10:16:29 AM »
I agree, River.  The teams seem so unbalanced.  At least if they're gonna put most of the strong members on one tribe, the challenges should be balanced between brains & brawn.  That way, each tribe gets a chance to shine.

:nods: And I bet that's exactly what Burnett/Probst and the gang at CBS were thinking when they put this coming weeks little 'meeting of the tribes' forum together Swanne..I mean how could they afford to let it come up and bite them in the   ]t{ again...after bringing back Steph and Bobby Jon for exactly that same reason it would look pretty foolish to have a repeat performance in Guatemala.

And yea River...you'd think the CBS 's  w/could've seen this one coming...and put out more equal looking tribes fronm the get go..but noooooooooooooooo..never without the

Should be very very interesting  ]//{

Hmmm... wonder who the new tribes will consist of..

maybe    :)*

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:42:23 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »
Buffs & stuff , thanks to Aka Ives & Survivor Phoenix

Spears

Left Rafe ~ Right Blake

Steph yellow buff

Jamie  Buffo-matic

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 03:41:13 PM by puddin »

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 03:40:07 PM »
That's not buff-o-matic at work, puddin.  Doncha know, Mark Burnett now insists that they dye the edges of their faces to match their buffs {l{

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 03:57:06 PM »
 ^/^ And a bad job at that Swanee ..
Well are we going with the spoliers this week?
Looks like

YAXHA
Margaret
Gary
Brian
Amy
Blake

NAKUM
Judd
Stephenie
Rafe
Jamie