Author Topic: Morgan gets voted out of Survivor  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Morgan gets voted out of Survivor
« on: September 22, 2005, 08:18:14 PM »
Here is my completely sober recap of tonight's show.

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/59/2/
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Morgan gets voted out of Survivor
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:09:52 PM »
Thanks Trevor  :cheeky: !
Anyway Very happy that my little Lydia was not voted out , I don't know why some of them they saw her as weak ..she certainly pulls her weight around the camp and challenges ..I love her !! Kudos to Brian for giving her the heads up .. I see an alliance forming ..cant wait to see the insider clips .
Morgan ..I never saw it coming ..the weak was voted off but at camp, not at challenges ..hmmmm

Gary .. doesnt look good for him , if he's not giving his all at challenges to hide who he is and his teamies now have a clue to who is well ??...then I guess his only hope for next week is a IC win or Amy snapping her ankle .

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:11:04 AM »
Gary could be really screwed.  Even if survives these early stages, no way he survives a merge.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 09:53:44 AM »
No survivor dues ot hurricane coverage......Missed two weeks in a row...this si starting out bad for me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:03:01 AM »
How Morgan Lost Her Magic

NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2005

(CBS) On "Survivor: Guatemala" the Yaxha tribe made its first trip to tribal council. And in the end, Morgan McDevitt, a former magician's assistant, disappeared from the tribe.

"For me, it was all about avoiding Tribal Council," McDevitt tells The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen. "For me, it was all about preparing mentally and physically while we were at camp and getting ready for the challenges. I didn't feel the need to just like run around and just find something to do at camp. And then exhaust myself for the challenges.

Unfortunately, her tribe did not appreciate her strategy. She was just seen as the one having her hair braided, just seated by the lake. McDevitt, who had been a blonde on the reality show, surprised the anchors by appearing with brown hair.

"We were all getting our hair braided, and we all were drinking water," McDevitt says. "I think maybe in comparison to Lydia I was lazy. But I think I just had a completely different work ethic than everyone else."

Lydia Morales' head also was on the chopping block, but the 42-year-old fishmonger had not only done well at the challenges, she had figured a way to win her tribe's heart: their stomachs. The decision was unanimous, only McDevitt didn't see her "Survivor" death looming.

"I was doing really, really well in challenges," McDevitt say. "Our tribe was just so close to each other and we were so honest with each other about everything. I had promised Brianna that I wouldn't vote for her. I was very honest about that. Lydia knew I was voting for her. It just completely went over my head. Nobody told me 'You're being lazy and you need to step up and do this.'"

The one McDevitt says should have gotten the boot is Brianna Varela.
  (%#

"I think that Brianna was really weak at challenges," she explains. "I think that she might have been the weakest link as far as that goes. Lydia is a workhorse. I'm not going to deny her of that. I mean, she never, never stopped working. But I think that I was still stronger in challenges than her."

Even after the initial 11-mile race, one that did the men of Nakum in, McDevitt says she felt fine.

"I was never physically defeated," she says. "It was more like a 15-mile hike after we got lost. It was grueling. That's where I kind of got a chance to know myself physically. I do have a lot of endurance. I did pretty well on that hike."

Asked how her trade helped her in the game, McDevitt says, "I would say as a magician's assistant, I had to do a lot physical stuff." Unfortunately, she could do very little to win the immunity challenge. Nakum's tribe was able to count on Judd Sergeant's strength.

"There is nothing that a 102-pound girl can do compared to 200-plus. That competition was just sheer body mass," she says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/23/earlyshow/series/survivor/main880338.shtml

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 06:35:46 AM »
I liked Morgan she was very attractive and good in challenges.  if only she'd done a bit more work in camp then she'd definately still be there.
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:29:58 PM »
Funny how she does not talk well about Brianna, but when confronted she would not vote for her.  Is thsi sour grapes ro misdirection?