Author Topic: Lydia is Scout! (?)  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
Lydia is Scout! (?)
« on: October 21, 2005, 08:55:22 PM »
I don't know how it happened, but somehow Scout has been transformed into a younger, peppier, divorced fishmonger.

Can you say "third place?"

This all occurred to me when Nakum sat her out of the reward challenge.  It brought back dreadful, painful memories - not to mention an acute episode of bile gargling.  Not very pleasant.  (In case you don't recall or weren't around back then, I was particularly troubled with Scout's fortunes when her tail was sitting out challenges or - when sides were even - she was the person assigned the task of lighting the torch, pulling the final lever, or cheering people on.)

Now, Lydia is probably a very nice person.  But she's leading a charmed life, after dodging the bullet over and over again early on.

So, if you'd like to add your two cents, compare and contrast Scout and Lydia.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Lydia is Scout! (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:10:37 PM »
I definitely think Lydia is using Scout's playbook in this game.  It's a strategy that can get you into the Final Four.  The "nonthreat" path has been used in the past to perfection.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »
i dunno if i see the resemblance in their strategies. lydia seems a lot more like "if i just do something useful they won't get rid of me" while scout, to me, was more "i'll hide and hope i get to the finals." i think if lydia and scout were on together, lydia would go much farther cuz she seems a lot more social and funny than scout, who was more of a thinker i think
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 07:47:02 PM »
I agree with you socklover.  Also I would have sat Lydia out of the rock challenge as she would have been squashed under that rock by Danni and Amy.   The one difference that I see in the performance of challenges with Lydia and Scout was Lydia actually helped them win with the rock launcher.  I still remembered being mad at Scout when she was a farm person and couldn't throw that rope very far to get a key or something (my memory is kinda foggy here).  (:;)