Author Topic: EP3 ~'The Brave may not live long, but the cautious don't live at all'  (Read 11393 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks to Survivor Fever for the title
'The Brave may not live long, but the cautious don't live at all'

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: EP3 ~'The Brave may not live long, but the cautious don't live at all'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:56 AM »
Sounds like they vote out a player that is playing under the rador

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:17:07 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »
teasers

Smoldering heat forces some Survivors to cool off in the water, risking an encounter with crocodiles.

As a tribe attempts to rebuild their shelter, one member takes matters into their own hands and irritates the others.

Causing sleepless nights, an inconsiderate howler monkey drives one castaway crazy.

A termite-infested log becomes a delicacy for some castaways desperate for a change in their diet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
vidcaps ( I'll post some later )
theory one challenge double  boot ??
one of my picks call it a hunch
CINDY HALL

http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=54

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:31:19 PM »
Did Jeffy say that immunity will keep them on the island one extra day. Shouldn't it have been 3 extra days. Do we have another TC coming up soon, and a double boot show next week?

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 03:41:21 PM »
I was getting to that Rob ... just sorta taking my time today sense its so dead here  :cheeky:
I'll post vidcaps in abit

EP2 Promo 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 04:12:53 PM »
I think Brandon's responsable for the title ..if that means anything .

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 04:15:56 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 04:33:18 PM »
Since she's "at risk" in the previews, Amy must be safe (if CBS misdirection is at work).  Gonna concentrate on Nakum going to TC.  Cindy or Brooke?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 10:42:02 PM »
TDT spec is up here ..spec is Nakum wins the IC ..
so that leaves us with Amy ? Jamie ? Gary ?Brianna ? Lydia  :':') ?
in Morgans interview here Brianna and Jamie were puking and not in good shape – which adds to my shock and disbelief about being accused of doing nothing, because Jamie was lying around camp

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 12:26:25 AM »
Pure Spec by Coby preshow favs this season...don't have any really lol though I do think Brina and Rafe are gonna go far, I can only hope they get Steph before she gets to the end

I support the underdog and Steph is the New Rupert...I am just sick of everyone saying she is the best Survivor EVER!!! I disagree...but I do think if she wins this season I will eat my words.

I love her to death as a person...just not on TV.

love coby 

Offline floridagirl

• RFF Jr. Member
  • ROMBER ROCKS
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 10:46:14 AM »
I agree Steph is the new Rupert.  I disagree she is the best player ever. In my opinion that honor goes to Boston Rob... I know that many may disagree.  And he never won Survivor!!!

I do hope Steph will win this season as that I rooted for her last season.  i would also like to see Bobby John do well.
Life is a reality show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 01:01:21 PM »
Oh Boston Rob ..*Drools*

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
Heidik is the best player ever hands down   _-^
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 06:39:27 PM »
Since she's "at risk" in the previews, Amy must be safe (if CBS misdirection is at work).  Gonna concentrate on Nakum going to TC.  Cindy or Brooke?
If Yaxha does indeed go to TC again, I think Brianna is safe, as she wasn't targeted by the dominant alliance.  Rafe was friendly with Morgan, maybe he's at risk?  He didn't do so well in the RC last time. I still think Amy's injury is misdirection (unless of course her boot spec last time was just a week early). 

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »
I think if Yaxha goes to TC, the weakest woman will be on the chopping block....but who is the weakest chick???
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 07:58:05 PM »
Amys ankle looks like it snapped after the Challenge ,, something tells me they won't risk keeping her . I see the Yaks alliances as Lydia/Jamie/Brian    then  Steph/Rafe/Gary /Amy ? << or amy in between ..? if its a double TC I'm going with Blake for the Nukes..he's had his story and I think hes history , especially if Judd has his way .

oops forgot about Brianna , I keep foregetting shes playing the game  :cheeky:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:19:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »
SurvivorFever Spec

Episode 3  Challenge Speculation - Pokatok?  RC?  IC? Combo?
Footage of only one challenge shown so far in the webpromo features a game similar to the "Mesoamerican Ball Game", which was a game of life and death, winner take all.  The Mayans used a rubber ball, about 20 inches in diameter, to play the Game, which was played on a stone I-shaped "court" whose measurements varied.  The court had walls that sloped inward, and hanging high on the walls were stone rings.  The goal of the game was to pass the ball around, without having it touch your hands, and then get the ball to pass through one of the rings.   The game was a sport of life and death.  The winners of the game were treated as heroes and given a great feast. The penalty for losing a game was unusually harsh: death. The leader of the team who lost the game was killed.  This challenge could be for immunity given that the Mayans played it for life or death.
Learn more about The Mayan Ball Game at this great site: 
Explore the Game  

Abbreviated view of "ball court" consists of a raised netting with (at least) 2 poles of each tribal color that stand thru the net toward each end. The poles may have vertically oriented hoops/rings at the top, similar to the Mayan ball game. Perhaps the tribes have to put the ball thru the hoops to score?

Challenge may be females vs females (and males vs males) with Steph, Cindy and Brooke shown here.  Stephenie appears to have the ball. Physical contact allowed as Cindy goes after Stephenie 

Male players from both tribes competing

Bobby Jon and Brandon fighting over a ball, this version apparently allows the use of hands

Mayan ballplayers wore turban headdresses, loin cloths, waist yokes, face paint, wrist guards.Amy with face paint, head and arm bands

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 11:15:27 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 12:51:49 AM »

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 07:57:47 AM »
If Yaxha does indeed go to TC again, I think Brianna is safe, as she wasn't targeted by the dominant alliance.  Rafe was friendly with Morgan, maybe he's at risk?  He didn't do so well in the RC last time. I still think Amy's injury is misdirection (unless of course her boot spec last time was just a week early

Could be rmax...Didn't this very thing happen on one the other Survivor shows where a predicted (early) boot went the next week?

So far this season seems to be hard spoiling..and none of the usual boot lists are out anywhere...or am I just not finding them?  *(^

Think I'll go with her for the boot..obvious may just mean what it's supposed to this season..would be a switch anyway... ]][
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 08:07:06 AM by shanghilill »
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 08:55:26 AM »
If you are playing CBS game...note the people in the water~ points.  Not sure if I am goignto continue to play...Checked monday and i had a -12 . . . but could not see how I got those points

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 09:15:17 AM »
Somehow I got 60...maybe they are errors...again!   (:;)  (:;)  (:;)
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 11:47:49 AM »
I'll give the CBS fantasy one more shot ..then whatever
and Lill there are no boot lists ( sorta happy , I like it this way )
Unfortunatly this week with the lack of Vidcaps your guess is as good as mine and as rmax has posted it just maybe that we are a week off and the boot is Amy but I still have some hinkies about Gary but I'm probably wrong .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 02:38:12 PM »
If Yaxha does indeed go to TC again, I think Brianna is safe, as she wasn't targeted by the dominant alliance.  Rafe was friendly with Morgan, maybe he's at risk?  He didn't do so well in the RC last time. I still think Amy's injury is misdirection (unless of course her boot spec last time was just a week early

Could be rmax...Didn't this very thing happen on one the other Survivor shows where a predicted (early) boot went the next week?

So far this season seems to be hard spoiling..and none of the usual boot lists are out anywhere...or am I just not finding them?  *(^

Think I'll go with her for the boot..obvious may just mean what it's supposed to this season..would be a switch anyway... ]][
Yes, I was trying to remember when the boot spoiler was a week off. Was it when Jeanne was voted off Amazon? I remember she was a surprise boot but I can't remember who went after her.  But a similar situation could happen this week.  I may stick with Rafe as my boot in the MW game this week, just to be ornery (he's on my Team, so I really don't want him to go yet).

Oh, if there were major spoilers and/or boot lists floating around, you can be sure our puddin would find them!   Apparently bianca is still working at spoiling, as she's been quoted by TDT (along with Corvis) but I kind of like it when the spoilers are wrong.  Since I don't have the discipline not to read the spoilers, it does make the show more entertaining when the boot is a surprise.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »
Corvis made his prediction

Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Episode 3 Boot Prediction

A bunch of information floated my way over the weekend, but I am still sifting through it. And none of it directly pertains to this week anyway, so let's just jump right in what you're all wondering... will I get the boot right this week after missing it last week? The answer: beats the heck out of me!

There's been speculation that this is a one-day-double-boot episode like we saw in Vanuatu. I doubt it because they haven't hyped it at all in the commercials. I do think it's likely a single day, but there will only be one boot. In fact, I think this could be a very boring and predictable episode because the thing they're hyping is going to turn out to be a non-event: swimming in the crocodile lake. You know no one gets bitten by a croc because the most dangerous moment they can show us is a couple of guys sliding into the water. Oooh, scary. So yeah, I am figuring strategy wise, this episode will go by the numbers.

The challenge we see appears to be based on an ancient Maya ball game. Who wins? Well, I have had a feeling Yaxha was going to lose again and Stephenie's upset expression in one of the vidcaps suggests that result as well. As far as alliances at Yaxha go, Survivor Insider and last week's episode told us that Brian and Jamie both want to keep Lydia around. Morgan told us that Stephenie, Gary, Brianna and Amy formed an early alliance with her and Rafe. Of those four, Morgan believes that Gary and Brianna have a strong alliance. Clearly, Morgan herself was never really that firmly entrenched in that big alliance. From what I have been told, Gary and Rafe have an alliance with Stephenie. It appeared last episode that Lydia offered to stick with Gary and do whatever was needed if she stayed in the game.

Which Yaxha goes home this time?

Jamie and Brian don't appear to be part of the large alliance at Yaxha, but I admit I'd be surprised if they got rid of either one of them. Both are good at challenges. I think they'll be more at risk in a few episodes than right now. Of course, they are on the confessional analysis watch list and I am fairly certain Brian goes pre-merge.

Gary is definitely at risk based on confessional analysis. I really like a Gary boot here except for one reason - there's no hype about strategy in the previews. For Gary to go, there'd have to be some serious manuevering as he was in control of the voting last episode. Plus, well, I have some inside information which seems to indicate Gary lasts a while. If I am interpreting it correctly.

If it's not Gary, Amy is the obvious boot as she's injured according to the previews. We know this is the toughest Survivor ever and they're going to have to cut the weak links. If Amy is hurt badly enough, she's definitely going home.

For now, I think I am going with Amy for the second week in a row. Let's hope it works out better this time...

Amy

RC: (if there is one) Nakum
IC: Nakum

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 06:28:51 PM »
OK Ill keep it short this week but this is what I'm thinking.. .

First why does everyone keep thinking its Males v Males and females v females here we see Bobby Jon's signature HI STEP, he brought this out in Palau first for the water and looks like he's liking it for the nets too. You can also see Blake's leg in the pics I know its Blake's cause the shorts in the third pic. On the other side you can see Jamie, Brian, and Rafe comming Bobby Jon and Jamie are going for the ball and then I dunno it might be Margaret I think its Brooke but thats not a dude in the top left corner so there blows the Male v Female.  I don't know what the teams will be.

Second why does everyone seem to think that Yaxha is gonna loose????? first Gary was a quarterback and this is a game where you pass a leather ball to teamates and through a hoop.  I don't really see and one on Nakum being great at this game maybe Brandon hell he has surprised us before so ill look for him to carry his weight sure all the guys can tackle but who can score??? Most think that this photo foreshadows a Yaxha loss but I think that If indeed it is a one day episode and the tribes come to the challenge, then have the challenge which should be reward as well in my opinion so the winner would go to a feast and the loser would go back to camp and get ready for TC.  This is Brandon and some of his tribe as we know taking a dip, we know this is post challenge since Brandon has on the headband still and you can see face paint remnants in the TV add, watch and you'll see.  So I think Yaxha wins and this is Nakum getting back to camp???? call me crazy  The Brave May not live long ( Amy / Blake??? ), but the cautious don't live at all ( I would say Brooke here, to much UTR maybe???)
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 11:54:19 PM »
Thanks CJ .. for once I am sick of thinking about this episode .. per the lack of  Vidcaps .
Sigh I will probably go with the spoiler boards again .. *8/

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 10:11:51 AM »
CJ smart thinking.... your Gary thing makes sense...they keep tellign us he is a former quarterback.  Is this to show that it bites him in the but for not telling them?  Or for him to keep his team a live with his arm?  Or to blow the pass when it coudl be victory?  OF course this also goes with I dropped him from my MW team!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 10:27:25 AM »
So does Blake go in the wate with them?  BJ, Brandon, Judd and who???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 11:47:19 AM »
Danni

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 12:59:53 PM »
 )_^> You guys are driving me crazy!  Is there a rc? If Nakum doesn't win ic, would it be worth it to have BJ, Brandon, Judd, and/or Danni?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip: