Author Topic: Double Hardship For 'Survivors'  (Read 3158 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Double Hardship For 'Survivors'
« on: September 15, 2005, 03:15:46 PM »
Double Hardship For 'Survivors'

Thursday night, the granddaddy of all reality shows, "Survivor," enters its 11th season.

This time 16 castaways will be stranded among the ancient Mayan ruins in Guatemala where, yet again, they will have to outwit, outplay and outlast each other for the $1 million prize.

To keep the show fresh, host Jeff Probst tells The Early Show that two former "Survivors" will come back to compete this season.

"We sit around and brainstorm all the time, even in our off period," Probst says. "We're always asking: What if? What If? What if?"

The aim of this season is to see how the new group of contestants would deal with two experienced players.

"Would they see them as an asset or would they be threatened by them and vote them off right away?" Probst says. "We love to force the castaways to make decisions."

Since Probst has been the host since the first season in the summer of 2000, he likes to keep things fresh for himself by not always knowing everything the show's producers have in store.

"I get less and less information each season," he says, "I can go in there with all kinds of information or go in with none. But we have found a happy medium. I like to figure out things on my own, which makes it fun."

Here is Probst's roundup of the biggest standouts in Guatemala:

Gary Hogeboom — Probst says everyone is talking about the former NFL quarterback. "He didn't want anyone to know or recognize him from the get go, so he called himself Gary Hawkins, a landscaper."

Danni Boatwright — "We also have a sports journalist in Danni Boatwright," Probst says. "She hosts a sports talk show. Right on day one, she said, 'I think that's Gary Hogeboom.' She confronted him and he denied it."

Judd Sergeant — "He's just one big opinion. Everything is 'man' this and 'man' that," Probst says. "He's a doorman by trade."

Rafe Judkins — "The Ivy League student from Pittsburgh is very likable," Probst says. "It's funny; before the show he had taken a course in Mayan culture."

Cindy Hall — "She works at a zoo. She's more comfortable around animals than people. That could work for her or against her," Probst says.

Brian Corridan — Probst says Corridan is "Richard Hatch Lite. He's another Ivy Leaguer. He's funny, but he could drive all the other castaways nuts if he doesn't adapt."

You can also watch videos of the contestants.

What the contestants should expect this season is that it will be hard, Probst says. "Right off the bat, we send all the castaways on an 11-mile trek through the jungle. It starts one minute into show and finishes the next day. People are getting sick and everything. You'll see."

The premiere of "Survivor: Guatemala" is Thursday, Sept. 15, at 8 p.m. ET, 7 p.m. CT on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/15/earlyshow/series/survivor/main846622.shtml

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Double Hardship For 'Survivors'
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 03:41:55 PM »
Very smart move by Gary Hogeboom.  Why even take the risk?
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline aprilsvagina

• RFF Sr. Member
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:01:45 PM »
Gary Hogeboom,had a cannon for an arm,i heard he threw so hard receivers had a hard time catching it,prolly why he didnt do crap in the nfl,maybe they will have a "who can throw a coconut the farthest contest"

"im gonna go poo,wanna eat breakfast"maggie the er nurse
"sex with some of these women today is like throwing a sausage down a hallway"howie the jedi

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:00:19 AM »
They're on the same tribe, right? If so, they probably could work together. A small little alliance.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline allsurvivor

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
    • AllSurvivor
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 12:51:43 AM »
No, they are on seperate tribes.