Author Topic: Brianna Varela Article  (Read 2095 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Brianna Varela Article
« on: September 06, 2005, 07:46:50 PM »
TV Addict

A "Survivor," "Apprentice" walk into a bar ...
By Pamela Sitt
Seattle Times staff reporter

Brianna Varela of Edmonds will be on "Survivor: Guatemala." She says she was "bitten and starving."
I was having drinks with Alex Thomason from "The Apprentice" at Joeys on Lake Union the other night when a girl approached our table.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt," she said, "but I recognized you from 'The Apprentice' and I had to come over and introduce myself. My name is Brianna ... "

I looked at her. "Hey," I said. "You're that girl who's gonna be on 'Survivor.' "

Indeed. It was Brianna Varela from "Survivor: Guatemala," the 21-year-old from Edmonds who loves makeup and Britney Spears and hot pink and turquoise together.

She turned to me. "I never said my favorite actress was Britney Spears."

OK, but that's what the CBS Web site said. (For the record: It's Uma Thurman. Britney is her favorite performer.)

It was Brianna's first day on the job as a waitress at Joeys. I grabbed a cocktail napkin and borrowed her pen. She seemed anxious to get back to her tables. We wasted precious moments discussing how not cute Britney Spears is when she's pregnant: "She looks like Courtney Love."

Enough small talk. Was Guatemala fun?

"I think 'fun' is one of the last things I'd call it," she said. "I was getting bitten and starving myself."

She started going on about how she appreciates everything more now, like friends and family and ice cubes. She showed me the bug bites on her tanned, skinny little arms.

"Are you good at camping?" I asked.

"I can go camping if there's, like, a motor home," she said. "I wore pink shorts out there, OK? But that doesn't mean I can't go out and give it my all if I have to."

Right. I could go camping in a motor home, too. If I really wanted to, which I don't.

Brianna looked tiny in person, which made me think she might have stayed in the game for a while because we all know "Survivor" is the best diet ever. To be honest, if she wasn't such a sweetheart I'd probably have to hate her because she's super cute and she's about to be famous.

In related news, rumors are flying that fan favorites Bobby "I Look Like Jesus Christ" Jon and Stephenie from "Survivor: Palau" will return for the new season, either as castaways or ... cave people, I don't know. We'll see what happens when the 11th edition of the hit series premieres at 8 p.m. Sept. 15 on KIRO.

Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or psitt@seattletimes.com

credits to RealityJo as posted at sucks for the article link