Author Topic: Cast Photos - Faceless & now Faced w/teams  (Read 6626 times)

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
Cast Photos - Faceless & now Faced w/teams
« on: August 27, 2003, 03:33:31 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 12:01:37 PM by archangelnot »

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
Re:Faceless Cast Photo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 11:09:23 PM »
Looks like they're is a lot of young people!!
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 02:24:01 AM »
And it looks like a lot of them enjoy the sun.  Most of them are very tanned.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 10:46:28 AM »
Okay I know it and island...but #9 ~ why would you bring a strapless shirt to wear on survivor?

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 11:51:43 AM »
To answer your question, texan - see bottom of this article

'Survivor' Panama Revealed!

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2003/08/28/survivor_pearlisland/

August 28, 2003
Yo-ho-ho! It's a pirate's life for the castaways shipwrecked on the seventh season of CBS' hit reality series, "Survivor: Pearl Island," premiering Thursday, Sept. 18, at 8 p.m. off the historic coast of Panama.

ET flew to the exotic setting where 16 Americans will be stranded while vying for the title of Ultimate Survivor and $1 million in pirate's booty. The eight men and eight women will be divided into two groups, the "Morgan Tribe" and the "Drake Tribe," but unlike last season, the initial split will not be based on sex. On tonight's show, we'll introduce you to the challengers as they prepare to find food, water and shelter in order to exist.

And the Morgan tribemates are: TIJUANA BRADLEY from St. Louis, NICOLE DELMA from Hermosa Beach, Ca, DARRAH JOHNSON from Liberty, Miss., LILLIAN MORRIS from Cincinnati, RYAN OPRAY from Los Gatos, Ca., ANDREW SAVAGE of Chicago, RYAN SHOULDERS from Clarksville, Tenn., and OSTEN TAYLOR out of Boston.

The Drake pack is: RUPERT BONEHAM from Indianapolis, SHAWN COHEN of New York, JON DALTON from Danville, Va., SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE out of Ft. Lewis, Wash., TRISH DUNN from Annapolis, Md., CHRISTA HASTIE from Los Angeles, BURTON ROBERTS from San Francisco, and finally, MICHELLE TESAURO from Pittstown, N.J.

"I am into Treasure Island and my favorite place at Disneyland is Pirates of the Caribbean," executive producer MARK BURNETT tells ET of his decision to use the pirate theme. "In fact, I have another whole show about piracy and I borrowed from that."

Piracy is a huge part of the history of Panama. Mark points out that legendary pirates HENRY MORGAN and SIR FRANCIS DRAKE are alleged to have ransacked and burned Panama City to the ground.

Each team of Survivors will have its own island, and there are separate islands for the Tribal Council and the challenges, as well. "It gives a sense of isolation," Mark explains, "and the isolation factor adds so much to the drama."

To kick up the competition a notch for this installment, "Survivor: Pearl Island" presented its competitors with a new twist. The 16 men and women were told to dress for a press conference the way they wanted to appear to the world, but when it was over, instead of allowing them to grab some clothes before heading out, they were told the clothes on their back were the clothes they would be wearing for the game.

"This started the game as if they had been shipwrecked," explains "Survivor" host JEFF PROBST, who is enjoying the pirate theme. "It changed everybody's perception of how the game was going to work, and it played out as the first challenge."

So to begin the game, that is why they are wearing the clothes they have on.
Shots of the ES show them appearing to potentially be looking for items which may be scattered around like buried treasure. Wonder what they will do about future clothing? Unless items were given to the producers by the contestants and they buried places for them to find.

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 11:56:21 AM »
Cast Photo:

Team (Tribe) Morgan:

Team (Tribe) Drake:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 11:59:10 AM by archangelnot »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re:Cast Photos - Faceless & now Faced w/teams
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 03:51:13 PM »
thanks!!  SHould be interesting....I guess one of the rewards will either be you get your clothes or you get to go buy some clothes

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 06:59:59 PM »
Just as an interesting sidenote... it looks like their bags are available to them on the boat.  From surivivorweb.com - Producer

Notice the bags next to the contestants...

Same boat - It looks like they are made to jump ship and swim to shore, so I'm not sure I'd wanna take my bag anyway if I were them... It looks like they have a bit of a swim ahead of them.

A whole chain (138 of them) of these vidcaps are available here from the extra show:

http://www.survivorweb.com/gallery/index.php?pageType=folder&currDir=./extra_082803&startFrom=0

There is also a chain (178) of them from the early show:

http://www.survivorweb.com/gallery/index.php?pageType=folder&currDir=./es_092803

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 01:26:52 AM »
Looks like they had rafts...

Vidcaps from Entertainment Tonite (59 total):

http://www.survivorweb.com/gallery/index.php?currDir=./et_082803

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 01:34:32 AM »
Thanks for posting these great pictures Archangel.  That definitely was a good idea and twist to get them to dress up for a press conference and then make them keep those clothes on for the start of the game.  If they are staying with the pirate theme, I would guess that the challenges will revolve around that also.  Should be interesting.  Hey, don't pirates drink rum and walk around with swords?