Author Topic: TAR8 Location /Speculation  (Read 62466 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR8 Location /Speculation
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2005, 11:43:22 PM »
So i'm checking out Cody Wyoming & Montana ..hey you never know ? It may not be Kristy Mensik but it could be another Miss Rodeo winner in the intro cap ..just looking around , my sig warns you that I'm weird .

Miss Red Lodge Home of Champions 2000,
And  Miss Rodeo Montana 2001

« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 11:51:52 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2005, 11:57:28 AM »
An understanding is that the race ends at Joseph Davis State Park near Niagara Falls.  And we have that Stassi picture with Britney (and Carrisa) in it on the final mat.  I used Google Earth to check out the park looking for where this shot could have been taken.

There is not a lot of options.  I thought there would a bazillion places.  Not much.  I'm not even too convinced with what is circled below.  Maybe someone can find something better.  I selected the location based on the wall of trees with open brightness beyond them.  Like a river bank.  And the wall has to going in a direction somehere between north and north east with a grassy area on the east to southeast of it.  That comes from seeing the shadow on Britney's left arm.  This assumes a typical TAR finish in the morning.

The spoiler that indicated this park also spoke of its Frisbee Golf course being under high security.  But I have no idea where the course is.  I also picked the spot because of the tunnel that the team would be required to pass through while running to the finish.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2005, 12:26:06 PM »
Chateau,  The disc golf course is on the east side of River Road.   http://nrdg.net/jd/jdspmap1.gif

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2005, 01:11:01 PM »
It's interesting that now on Stassi's website the mystery girl in pink T and black shorts to the right has now been cropped from the picture.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2005, 01:43:51 PM »
Sups, do you have link?

Thanks for finding that map Pedaler.  I put it here to show.

Maybe this is a better spot?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2005, 05:26:31 PM »
Maybe this is a better spot?

That looks like a good place.  It's at the end of the horseshoe road.  It's also at the southwest corner of that part of the park.  Police could fairly easily block it off.

The poster at Sucks said that the back nine area of the park was closed.  I don't know what consists of the back nine on a 27 hole course, but that area you highlighted includes holes 12 through 15 which are considered the back nine on most courses.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2005, 11:18:18 AM »
Nice work as always with the Park location you guys  |#'

bringing this over from Blows ,thanks to Flamingcactus and Montanagirl.

Well, many months ago I found a site mentioning Three Locations: Pomp's Pillar in Billings, Underground Mall in Havre, and Charles Marion Russell Art Museum in Great Falls.
We also have reasonable suspiscions that the race goes to Yellowstone National Park, and I also found a site a few weeks ago that the first location in the leg after leaving the previous Pit-Stop is Ted Maczynski's Cabin.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2005, 11:57:37 AM »
Well, many months ago I found a site mentioning Three Locations: Pomp's Pillar in Billings, Underground Mall in Havre, and Charles Marion Russell Art Museum in Great Falls.
We also have reasonable suspiscions that the race goes to Yellowstone National Park, and I also found a site a few weeks ago that the first location in the leg after leaving the previous Pit-Stop is Ted Maczynski's Cabin.

Puddin, I think that other site has a wise ass on it.  I just can't see any way that the Amazing Race would visit a murderer's (the Unabomber) cabin.

Also, it's Pompey's Pillar, not Pomp.  Pompey was a name of a baby on the Lewis and Clark Expedition.  I also doubt that the race would go there.  The only things to see there are Lewis and Clark's signatures carved into the rock.  You have to climb some stairs to see the signatures which are covered over by glass.  There's not much room to view the signatures so it's not an ideal place to put a clue box.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2005, 01:05:57 PM »
 {l{  Just bringing it over from another board  Pedaler ..

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2005, 08:53:28 PM »
Draw a line down the center of that map and everything ot the right of it was closed.  We followed the course from holes 1-3 and then started getting suspicious.  We had never played there before.  There was a lot of security everywhere we went.  All we were able to see was peeking through the trees about...six tractor trailers.

No picture there does justice to the number of trees at Joe Davis...we went pecking through a maple forest.  We basically have 29308219302 maple trees in the greater Niagara region, which is the exact picture in Stassi's myspace.

There is a parking lot NOT shown there, AND the trucks were using the service road.  We could not see the stage, but you can see, there are so many trees, we thought we were going to be sniped if someone saw us.

We could only peek through the forest.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2005, 09:20:17 PM »
Hey Niagara!  Welcome.  Speak more!

What time was it when you saw this?

Was it July 31st?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2005, 09:46:31 PM »
Welcome, Niagara Falls.  Thanks for the info.

All:  I had some free time this long holiday weekend and rewatched some episodes.  I noticed that only the middle Bransen sister and Michelle G. wore black shorts with a white stripe down the side. The youngest Bransen sister at times wore long black pants with white stripes.  It appears that the woman in Stassi's picture is wearing black pants with a white stripe down the side.  My initial impression was that the woman was a Godlewski.  I now think it's a Bransen (middle sister).  What do you think?

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2005, 01:40:06 AM »
Thanks guys.  There really isnt much more to tell.  I had heard word from a few friends that TAR was coming through the area - to one of the State Parks.  I went to NIagara Falls, I actually SAW a TAR like thing there.  It turned out to be major decoy as the team I saw was not on the race.  A red flag went up when people were talking to them and they ignored them.  I went with my gut anyway as my source was positive that they were here....then I heard I was at the wrong park...it was Joe Davis in Lewiston...so we jet down to Joe Davis....and we get let it, and we pay our parking (one of three cars who were there to hang out).  We are told that it was only half the Frisbee Golf holes (that is what most poeple go there for).  A cop comes up on an ATV and tells us it stinks that we could only see half the park, and we of course ask why...and he just shrugs and winks and tells us he couldnt say.

We begin to snoop.  We encounted a fat lady in a yellow security outfit, she tells us not to walk any further.  We move position and walk around another way...again new fat lady.  We sneak through the forest to the edge...this is very hazy, and i saw nothing other than the trucks and the people...there was no teams that I saw, and stupid me, didnt bring binoculars. We leave the park and go down River Rd and sure enough they have a security detail big enough to hold of Al Qaeda.  All YOUNG people (with a few old) dressed in security outfits - but most of them looked like they could bench press a semi.  We walked down the road three times, before a cop stopped us.  He called our descriptions in, someone said we were in the park...we were caught on to, and he said to "leave just to save everyone the headache".  We left, waited up near the baseball diamonds and senior center on River Rd to see for any passing TAR cars for a while, and it was too hard...so we left.

I have a video, like I said from Terrapin Point, I sent it to someone on TARflies, but never heard back...either they didnt like the video or something happened.  I did not film Joe Davis simply because, we didnt want to get kicked out for sure...

Later I heard joe davis is where the show ended.  Same source.  BIG payday for the area.  They kept the whole State Park Police

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2005, 01:46:13 AM »
Just dropping in to say thank you NiagaraFalls , i've been following your posts closely  :thankyou:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2005, 09:25:33 AM »
All:  I had some free time this long holiday weekend and rewatched some episodes.  I noticed that only the middle Bransen sister and Michelle G. wore black shorts with a white stripe down the side. The youngest Bransen sister at times wore long black pants with white stripes.  It appears that the woman in Stassi's picture is wearing black pants with a white stripe down the side.  My initial impression was that the woman was a Godlewski.  I now think it's a Bransen (middle sister).  What do you think?

Sorry to contradict but here are some pics. All the Bransen girls have black shorts with white stripe as well as all the Godlewskis (except Chris). Now onto the pink shirt. Both Lauren and Lindsey Bransen have a short sleeve medium pink shirt. Sharon, Chris and Tricia have one as well.

The short/shirt combination leaves us 2 Bransens and 2 Godlewskis. 50/50 odds!! Not too good. I wonder if anyone can figure the height of girl?

The only thing that might lead to a better chance of it being a Godlewski is that the teams know they are heading to the final pitstop and change back into their matching (signature color) clothes that they started the race with????

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2005, 12:25:36 PM »
Thanks, Sups.

I wonder if anyone can figure the height of girl?

:)* :):)*   Over at Sucks, Chateau used water bottles to estimate the height of the girl (Carissa).   :)* :)* :)*

My gut says it's a Godlewski.  My head says it's the middle Bransen girl.

Off topic.  Over at TarFlies, the Guidos posted some photos of them with the Paolos.  Mama Paolo lost a little weight and is looking pretty good.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2005, 03:06:10 PM »
Since we already know
  • who comes in 1st
  • who comes in 2nd
  • who comes in 3rd
  • who comes in 4th

This is all we have left to speculate about:   Who is the girl in Stassi's Picture?

I still say Carissa.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2005, 04:13:11 PM »
I thought the importance of finding this out is that the girl in Stassi's picture would be one of the final three teams. She is wearing her race clothes. At all other finales the eliminated teams don't usually show up in their race clothes.

FWIW and after close examination, I say it is Tricia Godlewski. She is the only one who's shorts have a thin white stripe running down.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2005, 05:46:23 PM »
I'd put money its Sharon Godlewski.