Author Topic: TAR 8 - On-line Articles  (Read 121194 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR 8 - On-line Articles
« on: August 16, 2005, 08:10:15 AM »

(CBS) The latest edition of "The Amazing Race" kicks off in a few weeks with a twist. This time, says co-anchor Harry Smith on The Early Show, the mad dash around the globe is going to have a lot more competitors for the $1 million top prize.

It's being dubbed "The Amazing Race, Family Edition," and will feature 10 teams of four, instead of two. Each team will be made up of members of families.

Smith introduces them Tuesday.

First up is the Gaghan family, from Glastonbury, Conn. Nine-year-old Carissa sums up the family's competitive spirit when she says, "It's either you'll be a zero or you'll be a hero."

The Rogers family hails from Shreveport, La., and is used to competition and winning: Daughter Brittney is a former Miss Louisiana, USA.

No glitz or glamour for the Paolo family of Carmel, N.Y., just a desire to win, a little chaos, and a matriarch at the top, the Paolo mom, Marion. She says, "I think there's going to be a lot of personality clashes, but ultimately, Mommy screams the loudest and stomps her feet the hardest, so I might have the ultimate say."

Not all the teams consist of parents and their kids. Team Aiello, of Mansfield, Mass., is led by Tony, who's bringing along his sons-in-law. The guys agree the goal is to win, and not disappoint their father-in-law. "Oh, it's a great motivating factor!" exclaims one of the sons-in-law, Kevin Kempski.

The Linz family, three brothers and sister Megan, from Cincinnati, has a rallying cry ready to go: "Who dey, who dey, who dey think they gonna beat them Linzes? Nobody!"

The Schroeders, from New Orleans, say they have their own family language, which will give them an advantage. And they say they don't just want to win, they need to. "We've already been writing checks on that million dollars. If it doesn't come through, we're going upstate," says Mark Schroeder.

The Black family calls Woodbridge, Va
., home. The whole family competes in tae kwon do tournaments. For them, winning is all about unity. Says Reggie Black: "That's one of our slogans, 'Together, whatever!' "

When an accident killed their husband and father last year, the Weaver family of Ormond Beach, Fla., was nearly torn apart. They hope "The Amazing Race" will pull them back together. "I think this is going to help prove it to us," says Linda Weaver, "that we're still a strong family; we're still a unified, strong family."

It's girl power all the way for Tricia Godlewski and her sisters from Des Plaines, Ill. They describe themselves as smart, energetic and outgoing.

But they're not the only sisters in the race. Wally Bransen, of Park Ridge, Ill., has his daughters Lindsay, Lauren and Beth with him. He says, "The girls are just great personalities and great people. They have the ability to connect with all types of people. They're extremely outgoing."

Ten families, from across the country, from every walk of life; some old, some young; all focused; all ready to run the race of their lives.

You can catch the debut of "The Amazing Race, Family Edition" on Thursday, Sept. 15 on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/16/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main780692_page2.shtml
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:30:39 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: 'Amazing Race 8': A Family Affair
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 08:29:27 AM »

One of 10 teams: Going for $1M are Reggie and Kimberly Black and sons Kenneth, left, and Austin, from Woodbridge, Va.

Families compete in new 'Amazing Race'
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
The Amazing Race is going family style.

The eighth season of CBS' late-blooming reality hit, due with a two-hour opener on Sept. 27 (9 p.m. ET/PT), introduces a new twist: Ten teams of four family members compete for a $1 million prize in a worldwide sprint.

Replacing the typical two-person teams, the Family Edition cast — to be unveiled today — includes two groups of grown-up siblings, a dad with three sons-in-law and a widow with her three teenage kids. Though many are adults, half of the teams have at least one contestant younger than 18, and one Virginia family includes brothers ages 11 and 8.

Which is not necessarily bad. "Kids have major advantages just by size," says executive producer Bertram van Munster. "They can climb through something with more agility, and they're very fast in a crowd."

CBS pushed the family concept as a new wrinkle for the series, which took three years to become a breakout hit, scored its best ratings last spring and has won two Emmys as best competition-reality show.

"I was scared," says casting director Lynne Spillman, who feared "duds" among family members or timid tykes. "But it was so much better than I ever thought. The people we ended up with were pretty adventurous and excited. From the kids' point of view, they were ready for anything."

Says van Munster: "Anytime you put a family of four together, you get interesting dynamics. It's a pretty humorous and explosive mix."

Initially, "it was great to see how well these people got along with each other" and offered help, even as they "finessed finding ways to mislead the other teams." Later, as the race got harder, teams became more "bitter" and clearly labeled certain rivals as enemies.

The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes, did require certain concessions: Over the 30-day race, filmed mostly in July, teams traveled 30,000 miles, far less than the 72,000 traversed by teams on the sixth season. And more family-friendly, less-crowded locales were chosen.

After the starting line beneath New York's Brooklyn Bridge, the teams spend more time in U.S. cities where the focus is on historically significant sites.

Yet challenges are just as grueling, van Munster promises, and involve "miserable rain" and "extreme dry heat."

Fans will see just as many of those pesky "roadblocks" and "detours," while "yields," which force one team to stop racing for a period of time, "are more effective and more frustrating to people than (they've) ever been."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-08-16-amazing-race_x.htm

Offline FullMonte

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 09:28:39 AM »
Am I the only one who has a huge problem with the ages of these teams??

One team has it's two youngest members at 11 and 8....another has it's youngest two members at 31 and 26...How is that fair??

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 09:54:12 AM »
Thanks for the info, Puddin.

I am also surprised about the wide disparity of ages and potential capabilities.  However, last time I thought that Greg/Brian and Ray/Deana were going to be strong teams and look where they finished.

Even with the youngsters and non-exotic locations, I'm still looking forward to another great season.   

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 10:07:32 AM »
personally, i'm not liking the matching tie dyed shirts. but maybe that's just me.

i also don't like the very young kids running this time around too. i'm not looking forward to their philimination, sigh.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 10:57:13 AM »
Finally some pictures

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 10:58:30 AM »
better yet my photo bucket if the pictures arent loading for you
http://photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/TAR_8/?start=20

and the realone video link
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:11:52 AM by puddin »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 11:32:18 AM »

Finally...Connecticut representives! {**} (Yes...state affiliation.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 11:42:36 AM »
Funny how some team jsut showed up in regular clothes and others in matchign shirts.

But I am with cinni on this one  and 8yr vs 20 something and older seems to be a littel disadvantage.  Also I am assumign they will not ahve the rule about who can do what roead blocks this time....surely you can not expect those under 15 to do the same things as the older ones.

I am nto sure this one will be so exciting.  Bigger taxis or just driving themselves more, keeping up with 4 people plus camera crew, plane tickets for that many CBS must just book the whole plane or there will be several flights.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 01:50:06 PM »
Agree the older teams look so much more superior , the Gaughans and Black family just dont make me think "winners" .
Texan we think they cruised around North America in Vans ..probalby weeded out the weaker teams , then  spent some money for flights , and perhaps went to such places as CostaRica & Belize .

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 02:31:18 PM »
At first look, none of these ten family groups seem to match any of the "spoiler" sightings reported to be seen iin July.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 11:09:49 PM »
Total decoy runs Gman  :gman: (::)

Amazing Race," Family-Style
Tuesday August 16 7:43 PM ET

By Julie Keller

It's all in the family for The Amazing Race.

CBS has revealed the lineup of contestants for The Amazing Race: Family Edition, the latest incarnation of the two-time Emmy winning reality competition. This year, 10 four-member clans will trek around the world in a battle for $1 million. In the past, friends, lovers, spouses and/or coworkers have paired up, for better or worse, on two-person teams.

As they race around the globe, the four-person family teams will be pitted against each other in a series of mental and physical challenges, presumably testing the bonds of sibling-hood, parent-hood, couple-hood, in-law-hood and step-family-hood.

"Anytime you put a family of four together, you get interesting dynamics. It's a pretty humorous and explosive mix," executive producer Bertram van Munster tells USA Today.

Also new this year is the addition of younger competitors. This change meant some adjustments to the grueling Amazing Race schedule. First, there are fewer non-elimination episodes, and the teams only traveled about 30,000 miles total, less than half the 72,000 miles logged by contestants in season six. Less crowded competition sites were also chosen in deference to the kids.

Still, producers see the addition of children as a possible plus for the teams.

"Kids have major advantages just by size," says van Munster. "They can climb through something with more agility, and they're very fast in a crowd."

Plus, they're also, well, childish, so amusing playground antics are likely to ensue. Nine-year-old Carissa Gaghan from Glastonbury, Connecticut, threw down the gauntlet to on Tuesday's The Early Show, which introduced the competitors. "Either you'll be a zero or you'll be a hero," she told her fellow racers.

The family gimmick hopes to build on the show's record ratings last season. Fueled by the antics of Survivor couple Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, the seventh installment of The Amazing Race averaged 12.5 million viewers a week. The show could also win its third straight Emmy in the Reality Competition category at next month's awards.

Here's a rundown of the teams:

Godlewski sisters from Des Plaines, Illinois: Michelle (42), Sharon (39), Christine (37) and Tricia (26)
Weaver family from Ormond Beach, Florida: widow Linda (46) and her three children, Rebecca (19), Rachel (16) and Rolly (14)
Gaghan family from Glastonbury, Connecticut: Bill (40), Tammy (42), Billy (12) and Carissa (9)
Black family from Woodbridge, Virginia: Reggie (42), Kim (40), Kenneth (11) and Austin (8)
Linz siblings from Cincinnati: Nick (24), Alex (22), Megan (21) and Tommy (19)
Rogers family of Shreveport, Louisiana: Denny (46), Renee (42), Brittney (22) and Brock (19)
Schroeder family from New Orleans: Mark (40), stepmom Char (39) and daughters Stassi (16) and Hunter (14)
Bransen family from Park Ridge, Illinois: dad Walter (51) and daughters Elizabeth (25), Lauren (22) and Lindsay (20)
Aiello family from Mansfield, Massachusetts: dad Tony (57) and sons-in-law Kevin (31), Matt ( 31) and David (26)
Paolo family of Carmel, New York: Tony (52), Marion (52), DJ (24) and Brian (16)
Hosted again by Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race: Family Edition kicks off with a two-hour premiere Sept. 27 at 9 p.m.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20050816/112424658000.html

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 09:11:39 AM »
From some pretty reliable spoiler information posted on various boards since July 7 it now looks like all TEN teams make it to Huntsville, Alambama (NASA space camp?) at the end of which will be the FIRSTelimination. So that is going to be a douzzy of an opening show on September 27: New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, South Carolina to Huntsville, Alabama!

From the descriptions and other pretty reliable sightings in Toronto and Montreal it looks like the four Godlewski Sisters make it that far (a team of four girls was spotted in downtown Toronoto) and either the Weavers or Bransens also make it to Montreal (team with adult and three children spotted but not further identified.)  Also it looks like the Black Family does not make it to the final five (all white familes supposedly spotted.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
articles
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 07:02:55 PM »
People: Rhode Islander in Amazing Race, Madonna injured

09:09 AM EDT on Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A family based in Mansfield, Mass., that includes a Rhode Island police officer will be among the teams racing around the world on the upcoming season of the CBS reality show The Amazing Race.

CBS

Tony Aiello, left, and Kevin, Matt and David, the husbands of three Aiello daughters, form a team on The Amazing Race: Family Edition.
The "Family Edition" of The Amazing Race begins with a two-hour episode on Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. and then airs Tuesdays from 9 to 10 p.m.

Tony Aiello, 57, a restaurant consultant, is teaming with his three sons-in-law, Kevin Kempskie, Matt Hanson and David Alverson.

Alverson, 26, is a former Marine and an officer in the Johnston Police Department. His CBS biography said he lives in North Providence.

Participants in The Amazing Race, like those on most reality shows, are not allowed to talk to anyone about the results of the program, which has already been filmed.

"We're all looking forward to seeing how he does, but everyone knows not to ask him anything," said Captain David DeCesare of the Johnston Police.

As for the other members of the Aiello team, a CBS spokesman said Kempskie, 31, works in public relations for a high-tech company. Hanson, also 31, is a corporate project manager.

Until now, The Amazing Race has featured teams of two racing around the world, performing various tasks along the way before they can receive instructions to their next destination. The final team to arrive at each designated rest stop faces elimination from the race.

The first team to make it all the way around the world wins $1 million.

This season, the show has decided to use family teams with four members each. Some of the teams include children as young as 8.

Aiello is the oldest participant in this season's race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 07:04:39 PM »
Anderson Township siblings join 'Amazing Race'

By John Kiesewetter
Enquirer staff writer

CBS

The Linz family - Tommy (left), Megan, Alex and Nick - will compete for the $1 million top prize on "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" which kicks off its new season Sept. 27with a two-hour premiere.

Can the toughest of the tough from St. Xavier High School's football team win CBS' "The Amazing Race?"

Nick Linz, the Bombers' bruising fullback on the 1998 state runner-up team, and his young sister and brothers - Megan, Alex and Tommy - are one of 10 teams competing for $1 million on the reality show. It begins Sept. 27 (9 p.m., Channels 12, 7).

For the eighth version of the Emmy-winning series, teams were expanded from two people to four family members. Participants range in age from 8 to 57.

"Pound for pound, Nick was the toughest kid I've ever coached. You're not going to find someone who can compete harder than Nick," says Steve Specht, who coached Nick (class of 1999) and Alex (class of 2000) as a St. X assistant coach. Tommy graduated from St. X in 2004.

"The whole Linz family is tough as nails - but they're always smiling," Specht says.

CBS describes the Linz siblings as "well-traveled, athletic and very competitive."

The Linz children grew up in Anderson Township with parents Tom and Terri Linz, who could not be reached for comment. CBS prohibits participants from speaking to the media.

According to CBS, Megan and Tommy attend Miami University. Susan Vaughn, the judicial affairs director at the Oxford school, and her son, Patrick, competed in "The

Amazing Race" in the spring.

Here's how CBS describes the Linz team:

Nick, 24, works in sales in Buffalo, N.Y. He's "hardworking and friendly."

Alex, 22, a recent University of Cincinnati graduate, works as an emergency room technician. He's "optimistic and proud."

Megan, 21, a 2003 St. Ursula Academy grad, likes cheerleading and field hockey. "Although she's outnumbered by the boys, she and her brothers are very close," CBS says.

Tommy, 19, is a Miami business major and lacrosse team member. He's "willing and outgoing."

E-mail jkiesewetter@enquirer.com
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050817/ENT/508170320/-1/CINCI

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 07:05:31 PM »
`Amazing Race': It's all relatives

Published August 17, 2005

A widow and her three teenagers, a father and his sons-in-law and a handful of traditional nuclear families are set to showcase their skill at racing around the world and whatever dysfunction results from it.

CBS has revealed the identities of the 10 families, including one from Park Ridge and another from Des Plaines, competing in the next edition of "The Amazing Race." Unlike previous installments of the Emmy-winning show, which featured teams of two, the new version will have groups of four, all of whom are related in some way.

Otherwise, the game remains the same: The teams will race around the world, completing challenges on each leg and trying to stay out of last place. The winners get $1 million. Phil Keoghan returns as host.

For the first time minors will be involved as well. Several of the teams are made up entirely of adults--there are two groups of grown siblings, for instance--but there are a few kids in the mix.

"The Amazing Race: Family Edition" debuts Sept. 27.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0508170167aug17,1,1064625.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
I like the way the news releases still talk about The Amazing Race as a "race AROUND the world" and "the first team to "race AROUND the world wins $1 million."

Either this is just a lot of  B:) B:) B:) or the producers have hidden the entire race from the prying eyes of the internet spoilers and the teams actually did race around the world.  Seeing will be believing!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
Gman   ]**]

The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes, did require certain concessions: Over the 30-day race, filmed mostly in July, teams traveled 30,000 miles, far less than the 72,000 traversed by teams on the sixth season. And more family-friendly, less-crowded locales were chosen.
After the starting line beneath New York's Brooklyn Bridge, the teams spend more time in U.S. cities where the focus is on historically significant sites.

Yet challenges are just as grueling, van Munster promises, and involve "miserable rain" and "extreme dry heat."

Fans will see just as many of those pesky "roadblocks" and "detours," while "yields," which force one team to stop racing for a period of time, "are more effective and more frustrating to people than (they've) ever been
."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 10:36:11 PM »
CBS UNVEILS THE IDENTITIES OF THE 10 FAMILIES COMPETING IN "THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION"
Released by CBS

CBS UNVEILS THE IDENTITIES OF THE 10 FAMILIES COMPETING IN "THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION"

Eighth Installment of the Emmy Award-Winning Series Begins With A Special Two-Hour Premiere on Tuesday, September 27, 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT

The Amazing Race: Family Edition Moves To Its Regular Tuesday, 9:00-10:00 PM Time Period Beginning October 4

CBS today announced the identities of the 10 families set to compete in THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION. For the first time ever, the Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series will feature teams of four instead of two, comprised of family members. The 10 teams of families will compete against one another in a race around the world for a $1 million prize. THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION will begin with a special two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 27 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION will be broadcast regularly on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) beginning Oct. 4.

THE AMAZING RACE has won two consecutive Emmy Awards for Best Reality Program is currently nominated for a third time.

Following are the 10 families, listed in no particular order:

TEAM: GODLEWSKI SISTERS

Michelle (42)
Sharon (39)
Christine (37)
Tricia (26)

Hometown: Des Plaines, Ill.

TEAM: WEAVER FAMILY (WIDOW AND KIDS)

Linda (46)
Rebecca (19)
Rachel (16)
Rolly (14) - Male

Hometown: Ormond Beach, Fla.

TEAM: GAGHAN FAMILY

Bill (40)
Tammy (42)
Billy (12)
Carissa (9)

Hometown: Glastonbury, Conn.

TEAM: BLACK FAMILY

Reggie (42)
Kim (40)
Kenneth (11)
Austin (8)

Hometown: Woodbridge, Va.

TEAM: LINZ FAMILY (SIBLINGS)

Nick (24) – Currently resides in Buffalo, N.Y.
Alex (22)
Megan (21)
Tommy (19)

Hometown: Cincinnati

TEAM: ROGERS FAMILY

Denny (46)
Renee (42)
Brittney (22)
Brock (19)

Hometown: Shreveport, La.

TEAM: SCHROEDER FAMILY (DAD, STEPMOM AND KIDS)

Mark (40)
Char (39)
Stassi (16)
Hunter (14)

Hometown: New Orleans

TEAM: BRANSEN FAMILY (DAD AND DAUGHTERS)

Walter (51)
Elizabeth (25)
Lauren (22)
Lindsay (20)

Hometown: Park Ridge, Ill.

TEAM: AIELLO FAMILY (FATHER AND SONS-IN-LAW)

Tony (57)
Kevin (31)
Matt ( 31)
David (26) – Currently resides in North Providence, R.I.

Hometown: Mansfield, Mass.

TEAM: PAOLO FAMILY

Tony (52)
Marion (52)
DJ (24) - Male
Brian (16)

Hometown: Carmel, N.Y.

THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION features 10 teams -- each comprised of four family members -- on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days. At every destination, each team will have to compete in a series of challenges -- some mental and some physical -- and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are the executive producers for Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with Touchstone Television and Amazing Race Productions. Amy Chacon and Evan Weinstein are co-executive producers. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

For more information on THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION and the new 10 teams of families log on to www.cbs.com.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?&id=20050816cbs02

Nuala

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 11:29:05 PM »
The Blacks are from Va.  Cool.  Now VA will get some more representation on a reality show.  They have the youngest members on their team.  I wonder how the babes held up in the race?  I think this is going to be very interesting to watch.  I only watched one episode last year and could not get into it.  But the whole family thing is pretty neat, so I will give it a try again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 11:48:01 PM »
This is my FAV show Nuala, I hope you hang out with us for the season  ]**]

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 01:45:58 PM »
I hope alot of the guest here for BIG Brother will come and post with us for TAR!!

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 03:14:51 PM »
In just looking at the teams and their ages, you would have to think the Linz family has a great shot considering their ages.  That being said, they could all be dumb as rocks and get lost trying to find the Empire State Building while standing on 34th street.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 04:22:15 PM »
LOL Trevor  {l{
The Accidental Columnist
The Amazing Race 8 - The Teams
By Dan Weltin
Published: August 17, 2005   Print this article 

After a much needed break, The Amazing Race 8 is ready to show the TV audience why it's an Emmy-award winning show. And this season there's a special twist! It's Family Edition (groan).

This season 10 teams of four (instead of the usual 11 teams of two) will embark on a race around the world for the million-dollar prize. But according to a USA Today article, teams are only travelling 30,000 miles, a far cry from the standard 72,000. Because kids are involved, more historically significant locales were chosen and a majority of the race is within U.S. cites (that doesn't sound very amazing). The locations are also more family friendly and less crowded.

For some reason there will be fewer non-elimination legs this season as well. TAR 8 premieres on CBS on September 27 at 9 p.m. ET/PT and 8 p.m. Central.

Until then, let's take a look at the teams:

Gaghan Family:

Bill is 40-year-old dad with a lack of patience. Wife Tammy is 42 (ooh, older woman, kinky) lived in Korea for three years so the family has traveled a lot and both parents run in marathons (yeah, but your kids don't.) Speaking of the kids, Billy is 12 and athletic, but also in his pre-teen mood swings. Little Carissa is 9 and described as silly. (That's not going to help them win anything). Look for the teams with young children to be eliminated early. These guys don't stand a chance unless they have Barbie or Lego challenges.

Schroeder Family:

Mark is another 40-year-old dad and his two kids come from a previous marriage. Char is 39 and is described as the mediator of the family. It sounds like she has her work cut out for her because Stassi is 17 and the queen (read spoiled to all hell) of the family, while Hunter, 15, has been called lazy by his teammates.

Aiello Family:

Tony is 57 and travelling with his three sons-in-law. Kevin and Matt are both 31 and each married to one of Tony's twin daughters. David, 26, is a police officer and an ex-marine. With no wives on board and Mr. Military, expect these guys to kick some serious butt.

Rogers Family:

Patriarch of the family Denny is 46 and in the car business. Renee is 42 and a beauty pageant trainer. No wonder their daughter Britteny, 22, is a former Miss Louisiana (man, TAR really has a soft spot for beauty pageant winners. Can there not be a race without one?). Son Brock, 19, is said to have little patience.

Black Family:

Reggie, 42, is the team leader (though we all know from watching The Office that it's a meaningless title). Kimberly, 40, says she's witty (hopefully its dry). At eight years old, Austin is the youngest contestant ever on TAR, and he and his 11-year-old brother Kenneth are both into Tae Kwon Do. The family has little travelling experience, but a lot of heart. (Hey, heart counts for something. After all, it was Captain Planet's fifth power.)

Weaver Family:

Linda, 46, lost her husband in an accident at Daytona International Speedway (no he wasn't a driver). She's travelling with her three kids: Rebecca, 19, Rachel, 16, and Rolly (that's a lot of r's) who is 14 (and hopefully won't go crazy with travelling with three women). The team is dedicating their run to dear ol' dad.

Linz Family:

This team consists of three brothers: Nick, 24, Alex, 22, and Tommy, 19, who are travelling with their sister Megan, 21. With no parents it could be a blessing or a curse. Either the team will be great without having a nagging mom or dad around, or the four siblings may run wild due to lack of discipline. If they can hold it together, the Linz's will be tough to beat.

Bransen Family:

It's a man and his daughters. Their claim to fame is that they once appeared in a Pert shampoo commercial (whoopee). Dad Walter is 51 and belongs to the Abraham Lincoln Association and is a whiz on all things Honest Abe. With an emphasis on historical sites this season, this talent could come in handy. Elizabeth, 25, has a fear of heights and is stubborn like her father (two stubborn people spells trouble). Lauren, 22, is punctual (how does that help? Is she going to be on time for the finish line?). Lindsey, 20, complains that her sisters tell her what to do. Hopefully dad rules the roost and can keep his daughters in line.

Paolo Family:

This family is known for their bickering. Father Tony is 52 and originally from Italy. Mother Marion, also 52, says Tony lets his sons get away with too much. As for the sons, 16-year-old Brian is embarrassed by his family, and both he and his 24-year-old brother DJ think that their mother won't last very long. (Such confidence!). No wonder they don't get along.

Godlewski Family:

It's four sisters each with her own personality. They're like the Care Bears or something. Michelle, 42, is the competitive one. Sharon, 39, is the personable one. Christine, 37, is the obsessive one. And Tricia, 26, is the peacemaker. They all live within 30 minutes of each other and have traveled together. (Remember, that doesn't necessarily mean they get along though).

http://www.the-trades.com/column.php?columnid=3472

Nuala

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
This is my FAV show Nuala, I hope you hang out with us for the season  ]**]

I will be here.  I am glad you all are such a welcoming family.  There are so many people coming on board and it nice to see a pleasant forum where people can agree to disagree.