Author Topic: Kathy Griffin  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Kathy Griffin
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:25:35 PM »
http://www.bravotv.com/Kathy_Griffin/About/index.shtml

In the original series "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List," Griffin is living the D-List dream and it's all documented - the ups and the downs - to bring the talented comic's life and stand-up comedy act alive. Perks and comps can be had but they must be preserved and aggressively pursued. For example, professional hair and make-up is provided and can be afforded - but not every day, as Griffin demonstrates her techniques for showering while keeping her head above the stream and sleeping without moving. Free furniture can be had, but only after identifying herself to the sales clerk as Kathy Griffin, not Kathy Lee Gifford - and implying the gift of a free couch would satisfy a dying aunt's wish. Also, Griffin's fundraising party is catered, but by her mother-in-law Judy.

The series will also feature Griffin's "peeps," who include her husband, Matt; her assistant, Jessica; her live-in home decorator, Mike; her "main gays" Dennis and Tony; her overworked public relations team; her parents; her out-of-town in-laws; and a host of others who manage to both help and hinder Griffin's quest for fame.

Griffin brings viewers along for the ride as she negotiates a charity attendance trade-off with Ray Romano to ensure star power for her Toys For Tots holiday party; gets trumped by Caroline Rhea at a celebrity auction; and endures awkward guest appearances on several talk shows. The result is a true insider's look at entertainment and everything that goes on before and after the red carpet arrivals and talk show interviews we're led to believe is banter among friends

The series also offers fans and critics alike the opportunity to see the real Griffin apart from her public persona and without the armor typically donned by comics. From conversations with husband Matt, who is contemplating gastric bypass surgery, and her family, to a cringe-worthy late night booking, it's clear how hard it can be to keep up appearances and the fortitude it requires to pursue a dream. After all, at the end of the day it's show business and "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" chronicles the day-to-day work required to make a go of Hollywood and earn a living in an industry that's as unforgiving as it is glamorous.

"Kathy Griffin: My Life in the D-List" is produced for Bravo by Picture This Television ("Celebrity Poker Showdown"). Marcia Mulé, Bryan Scott, Lisa M. Tucker and Kathy Griffin are the Executive Producers

Not sure really reality or not...but she can be funny so I am wondering how her show will be, she is in a long line of other stars with their own show
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:49:48 PM by Rob »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Kathy Griffinth
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:13:14 PM »
Sounds like it could be a good show Texan , thanks for sharing .

PenguinsDance

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 10:38:33 PM »
 ((^ ^/^  :)*  ((^  ^/^ Definitely worth watching!!!   :t-up:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 01:27:19 AM »
shes also going to be on my soap next week , Days of our lives  :cheeky: , I think its a one time deal .