Author Topic: Battle of the Network Reality Stars  (Read 13342 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Battle of the Network Reality Stars
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:56:34 PM »
Battle of the Network Reality Stars
Premieres Wednesday, Aug 17 @ 9/8c

Bravo's summer debut of "Battle of the Network Reality Stars" will take some of today's biggest stars - 32 leading men and women from 16 reality TV shows - and pit them against each other as they test their athletic limits in honor of the hit series from the 70's. The six episode one-hour series originating from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California.

Sideline reporters include Omarosa Manigault Stallworth from "The Apprentice," Bob Guiney from "The Bachelor," and Trishelle Cannatella from "The Real World," who will join the program's play-by-play host Mike Adamle, former host of NBC Sports and "American Gladiators."

The reality TV stars battling it out for cash and prizes include Chip & Kim and Charla & Myrna from the "The Amazing Race," Nikki McKibbin and Ryan Starr from "American Idol," Brittany Brower from "Americas Next Top Model," Heidi Bressler and Bradford Cohen from the "The Apprentice," Adam Mesh from "Average Joe," Tina "Fabulous" Panas from "The Bachelor," Will Kirby (winner) and Mike "Boogie" Malin from "Big Brother," Evan Marriott from "Joe Millionaire," Matt Kennedy Gould from "The Joe Schmo Show," Wendy Pepper from "Project Runway," Coral Smith and Mike "The Miz" Mizanin from "The Real World," Theo Gantt from "Road Rules," Duncan Nutter from "Showbiz Moms & Dads," Richard Hatch (winner) and Susan Hawk from "Survivor," Rachel Love Frasier (winner) from "The Swan," and Valerie Penso from "Temptation Island," among others.

The updated format of the much-loved series is complete with teams of sweatsuit and Speedo-clad reality stars that will partake in physical and aggressively competitive challenges reminiscent of the original program. TV's most cherished and loathed reality stars will compete in a joust, navigate a kayak race, and battle it out in the famed tug-of-war, among other challenges. In a nod to today's reality shows, twists and turns along the way force team members to vote each other off, create alliances, and generate unending drama and tears.

http://www.bravotv.com/Upcoming_Shows/

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Battle of the Network Reality Stars
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 01:57:09 PM »
I am going to watch this, or at least set the DVR to record!!!  Who else will watch this?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 02:03:05 PM »
I am definitely in.  This could be like a souped up version of the Real World Road Rules Challenge.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 02:06:52 PM »
Of course it is like RW/RR... Mike and coral will be there  )_^>

I think this will be good....but Kim will have to work at this one, chip can not do it all.  but I think she will prove to us she is better then we think.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 05:24:03 PM »
I'd watch it if I had Bravo  :':') . Would love to see Charla & Mirna taking on Jonathan  )<
Anyway I know who wins if you all want to know? ;)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 09:37:54 AM »
OH man you do not have BRAVO??  Call your cable provider....I DVR but if is seems to be good after the first show or 2 i will set my vcr and mail the tapes to you.   {|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 10:27:09 AM »
 {l{ No Texan , thanks anyway , that was so nice of you to offer . I'll watch it one way or another , maybe a torrent download  8-)' ?

PenguinsDance

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 01:26:28 PM »
I'd watch it if I had Bravo :':') . Would love to see Charla & Mirna taking on Jonathan )<
Anyway I know who wins if you all want to know? ;)

How do you know?  Point me there...   :t-up:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
:spoiler:  ;)

click the sign if you want to know

PenguinsDance

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 10:36:07 AM »
Thanks Puddin!   :<(

Offline reelgrl214

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 03:28:12 PM »
this show looks awesome! I found this one link to info about the show:

http://www.bravotv.com/Battle/

theres also a link to see a preview of the show and how it compares to the old one! looks reallyyy good! i cant wait for it to premeire!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 05:15:29 PM »
I am ready...goign to set the DVR!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 01:19:06 PM »
okay i watched this and it was VERY similar to the old battle of the network stars.  NOt much drama  or house scenes like a RW/RR challenge.  But they do vote someone off each week.  **will not give the ending as some may not have watched on who got voted*** I will post on Friday the results.

I did not know some of the contestants.

Any one else watch the show?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 11:32:28 AM »
Okay last week...the bottom 3 teams had to vote someone off....Kim volunteered for her team since her and Chip were a team....They voted off Heidi from apprentence since she quit during her josting  fight and then the other team voted off Charla.  In a twist these players were not going home, going to another team....Kim actually got to stay with her team as she picked the right color.  The other 2 were switched.

This week since no one went home, the last place team would lose 2 players..... The red team Team Coral lost as they were tied for last place but lost the last swim meet.  Two players volunteered to leave to help the team it had to be a man and woman...Charla and Duncan nutter

Well the twist this week was that they would replace the 2 players with new reality starts...and the 1st place team could pick what team they went to...and pick who came off another team.  Well they cose to mover Gervous and Tina fabulous from their team and put them on team Coral.  So the light blue team would get 2 new reality players....they got JEri from Survivor 2 and soem guy from average joe ~ he looks like Howard stern.

next week the team at the bottom ..... all go home 1 whole team will go home...Should be interesting to see  if they then compete with 3 teams or replace all 8 with a whole new team.  Competition next week is running, football and not sure the other one.

i record this and can fastforward through the commercial and the show is done in no time flat.

PenguinsDance

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 10:36:18 PM »
Yup!  I've been watching too (next day).  I'm getting tired of all the old flashbacks and stupid interviews though.  I can't stand bachelor BOB.   :/       )-**   I can't remember what the third event for next week will be either.   *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 01:38:11 AM »
thanks for the update Texan  :kuss:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »
I hate the flash backs and the interviews too....glad that I record them so I can fast forward through it.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 12:11:16 PM »
I watched the first two episodes of this show and enjoyed both of them.  My favorite moment was Charla eliminating Susan Hawk in Dodgeball.  If I were Susan Hawk I'd be a little embarrassed.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
Here is my review of the show.  It's a good one...........unless your named Jonathan.

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/45/2/

Offline ddrettop

• RFF Full Member
  • Dual Personality
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 07:53:46 AM »
damn when did it start i want to watch it =]/
Charla  kick butt i hope :]
Am I me or am I She??

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 09:32:42 AM »
It premiered three weeks ago.  Sadly, Charla got eliminated from the show last week.  She did have some highlights though as she eliminated Susan Hawk in Dodgeball which was awesome.  Her lowlight was when she was used as a punching bag in the joust by girl from "The Swan".

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 09:32:54 AM »
Thanks Trevor.. I have not watched last nights show yet So it should be interesting.

I agree Jonathon......and the others feel the same way about him

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 09:34:20 AM »
I won't spoil it, but you will like last night's show.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 09:40:34 PM »
OH MY GOSH I just watched the show!!!!  I am not sure which was funnier seeing him crash or seeing him whine about being beat at the end.  ((^   And too funny it was Gervaous that beat them!  I did feel bad for Jeri even though she did horribly  in the running. :]

But the question now is will they bring in another team or leave it at 3 teams?

My DH has blonde curly hair and we always called him the greatest american hero (for you youngsters it was  a TV show) and to see him on the show tonight I was cracking up!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 12:13:54 PM »
Well sadly I watched this week's show....the team taht got eliminated I liked.  :':')  Bye bye Geravase, Coral, Will, Evan, Melissa and Tina Fabulous.

They had them vote off 2 people in the beginning and those people became a team.  The water polo...several on Team Coral could not swim so it was bad.  Them Coral got hurt on Bull riding and the multi person legged race, the straps kept coming off.

Team underdog....I just do not like that Adam guy, he talks so much smack about everyone.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 09:20:13 AM »
Well this is over.  I hope they decide to do some more.  This was quick and you could cheer and then catch up if you missed a show.  Was not happy with who won, but hey that is the name of the game.

Interesting the after show had several people that were not on the show.  I wonder if they were alternates or just beause they were on shows with the people on the battle.

Was anyone else watching this show?