Author Topic: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers  (Read 65061 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2005, 11:17:07 AM »
Sinycdelgage
(8/25/05 3:54 am)
Reply   Re: Re: Between the 11th and the 15 of this month
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you live in New Zealand?

Yeah, I do.

And to correct myself, Dad says that production finished about three weeks ago and post production keeps going all the way through 'till about the second to last episode of the current season of TAR. What they do is they start making the first episode during the first couple o' days of filming. The race films over about 30 days and they send the film back to the warehouse in LA where they edit the films and piece together the story lines. So when production finished, the first episode is like.. 90% complete, the second episode is about 70% complete etc. etc.. He says it's an on-going process right through the series. Sometimes they'll make last minute changes on an episode before sending it in etc. Quite a complicated process and me Dad said he's glad he's not part of post-production! 

link

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2005, 01:01:42 AM »
Good old Mandy.com, the spoilers friend. When you google this--"amazing race" site:mandy.com--you get a lot of results from past seasons, but there's an interesting new entry from Panama--here http://www.mandy.com/home.cfm?c=hep006.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2005, 01:15:19 AM »
How in the world did you ever come up with that Slowhatch ?  |#'

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2005, 01:24:59 AM »
Mandy is a good example of an online "brag sheet." My guess is that while production people have to sign the non-disclosure contracts, nothing prevents them from listing their experience on their online resumes. Here's another one from Mandy, which may or may not be a spoiler: http://www.johnperry.tv/. He lists TAR8 with his credits, but also TAR7 and TAR6. He does most of his work out of Nashville, so....I don't know.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2005, 01:31:09 AM »
LOL , the music nearly scared the baJesus out of me  ^/^

Music Videos, Television Specials,
Feature Films, Commercial Film:

The Amazing Race 8
(13 episode series)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< |#'
CBS
World Race Productions Inc.
Bertram van Munster - Executive Producer
Jerry Bruckheimer - Executive Producer
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 01:58:17 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2005, 01:33:15 AM »
The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6350.0.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2005, 02:09:19 AM »
Another site full of TAR titles and episodes for reference .

The Amazing Race
a Titles & Air Dates Guide

http://epguides.com/AmazingRace/

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2005, 11:00:46 AM »
This fits in nicely with a previously reported sighting of teams in Barro Colorado, Panama in white vans with camera crews headed for the boat dock at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute. Sightings were on Saturday July 16 and Sunday July 17. So this fits after those sightings in Belize.  This leaves that huge gap between July 17 and next confirmed sighting in Toronto on July 30 and 31. Oh where oh where have our teams gone?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »
Good afternoon GMan  :<(  ..Oh motivation to make a map , i'll give it a shot  8-)'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2005, 09:23:04 PM »
Does anybody have In Touch magazine?  So we can find out more about this “hammer" challenge. 

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
no such luck Chateau  ..lets hope that someone else does .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2005, 11:04:14 AM »
:bump:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2005, 11:34:51 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the "ice cream stand" spoiler? The reason I ask is, Amazon has announced a Dec 20 release date of TAR7 on DVD (I couldn't link to it directly; go to Amazon and search for "amazing race"). That date meshes nicely with what should be the season finale and, in the storyline, the Canadian arc.
So if there's any truth to this stuff then I'll make an early guess and say the ice cream vendors will be either Rob/Amber or Uchenna/Joyce.

Thanks, Puddin.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 12:41:57 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2005, 12:32:19 AM »
It took awhile . ..  |#' here you go Slowhatch |#'

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm

we were in toronto downtown and we saw two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand, there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly. The sign said for them to go to boston

tarflies

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2005, 06:33:58 AM »
An interview with Phil Keoghan of "The Amazing Race"
http://tempo.typepad.com/entertainment_tv/2005/10/an_interview_wi.html

We’ve made some adjustments along the way, like the [changes to] the roadblock rule, the [addition of the] yield. It just seemed appropriate after seven seasons to change it up.

Wonder what they'll add to the yield?  *(^

Finally, “TAR: Family Edition’s” Godlewski sisters showed up at Borders but were under strict rules not to talk to the press, so they just waved, smiled and quickly backed away from me.

They didn't win   :unde:

By the way, at one point we were chatting about the possibility of an all-star version of “The Amazing Race,” but from what Phil said, it didn’t seem like it would happen all that soon. As I recall (I didn’t get this part recorded), Phil said it was something the fans were talking about more than “Amazing Race” producers and CBS executives were. Still, it sounded like it could happen one day.

|#'  {|  {**}
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 06:48:44 AM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2005, 11:57:24 AM »
Great Article Banzai  {**} !!
OH Boy , I want Janelle & Kaysar in the All-Star RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! {|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2005, 12:06:13 PM »
Now you have me on a Phil hunt ...
from another article

Phil Keoghan has been the host of all eight "Amazing Race" editions and will start shooting "AR9" in January.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/columnists.nsf/gailpennington/story/4AF9192F440A61C086257085004457B2?OpenDocument

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2005, 08:40:50 PM »
That's interesting info if the article is accurate; the TAR9 eligibility sheet had finals this month with the race run in Nov.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2005, 01:23:43 PM »
not a spoiler

Matt Roush: I'm still a big fan of the Race, but I can understand why some are less enthused than you and me about the show staying stateside for now. (I've been told the teams will travel overseas before it's over . ) Something is lost when the terrain is so familiar, and I'm hearing groans of "BOR-ing" a lot, but I also like the idea that the USA has many places of its own that are worthy of amazement. Re-creating bits of American history (crossing the Delaware, a Civil War battle reenactment) is an especially appropriate gimmick for a "family" version, and since I lived on Capitol Hill in Washington for many years, I was amused by the reflecting-pool confusion. But I'm hoping these teams are tested in an exotic, alien culture before long. And what I like about having kids aboard is that sometimes they're a boon and sometimes they're a handicap. And good grief, are those Paolo kids obnoxious! (Amazing Race always gives you someone to root against, and they're top, or perhaps more accurately, bottom of my list.) So far I'm enjoying the show well enough, though I'll be glad when it gets this stunt out of its system. The show is still a welcome break after all the heavy dramas I tend to watch throughout the week — and since I'm not grooving on Gilmore Girls so much lately (although this week's episode is very good), it puts a much-needed smile on my face when I play it back at the end of Tuesday night.
http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/AskMatt/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2005, 03:15:43 PM »
updated :
My Dad's an idiot.
As a lot of you know, my Dad's a producer for the Amazing Race, and he owns a risk management company for the entertainment industry.

He also served for 18 years in UK Special Forces. He worked for a number of years in Intelligence Analysis and Information Security, advising senior military and political figures. He's also got an MBE and three Emmy Awards for his work in the Race.

People say he's a genius. But I beg to differ. When my Dad and I are out together, he's a complete random idiot. I often end up punching him in the arm to shut him up, but he gets great joy in attempting to wind me up. So, I caught him on tape.

(http://members.byond.com/Sinyc/files/DSCI0006.ASF)

He does this when I'm with him all the time. Thank god he's buggered off for pre-production of the next series of the Race.

Posted by Sinyc on Saturday, October 22, 2005 05:25AM - 8 comments

Sinycdelgage

(8/24/05 7:28 am)

Unless you have your dates mixed up, this isn't true. My Dad's a producer for the Amazing Race, and he got home on the 10th of this month. I believe production finished on the 8th.

And if you don't believe me about my Dad being a Producer for TAR, check out my blog. I've had to try and prove the BYOND community that I'm not lying. =)

My Blog ;)

~Sinyc. 

link to sucks

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2005, 01:06:05 PM »
Not a spoiler, but a question about a spoiler: did anybody catch this blog entry after it appeared? It IDs Middleburg and Welbourne. If it really was posted on 06 Aug then "amazing race" should have been caught by some search engine.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2005, 01:47:08 PM »
+
This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.frankmurphy.com/2005_07_31_archive.html as retrieved on Oct 8, 2005 08:49:09 GMT.
G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.
This cached page may reference images which are no longer available. Click here for the cached text only.
To link to or bookmark this page, use the following url: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:zE0qPR363E4J:www.frankmurphy.com/2005_07_31_archive.html+%22next+season+of+%22TheAmazing+Race%22+filming+around+North+America%22&hl=en

It looks like Google doesn't get everywhere instantly.  But, by Oct 8th this episode was already 4 days old. 
So it could have been concocted after the fact.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2005, 07:14:21 PM »
what the Heck sign would that be exactly ?
The sign said for them to go to boston

we were in toronto downtown and we saw two of the groups getting a route info from a ice cream stand, there were 2 groups that went by both groups of 4. One four hot girls and the other a familly. The sign said for them to go to boston

tarflies

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2005, 07:45:12 PM »
what the Heck sign would that be exactly ?
The sign said for them to go to boston

tarflies

I think the sign to get on the Highway said "To Boston" and thats the highway to Niagara, and Niagara is NOT a big city.  For example this season when the teams went to DC the highway they got on said "To Baltimore" not Washington DC.  I personally dont believe this spoiler becuause, the four sisters are not hot only two of them are you cant misakte a fat lady as hot.  But if its true then the sign for Boston is just prolly the highway to head to Niagara Falls from Canada.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2005, 11:07:26 AM »
brought over here incase you missed it ,perhaps the Webmonkeys at CBS were told it was a combined 2 leg episode and pushed the button early , good spoiler ..I think it will hold up  .

Didn't know where to put this but the CBS website has the Bransens with an "X" on their picture already. 

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/teams/