Author Topic: MTV adds 3 reality series to fall lineup  (Read 4501 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MTV adds 3 reality series to fall lineup
« on: June 15, 2005, 07:20:49 PM »
MTV adds 3 reality series to fall lineup
By Kimberly Speight, Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - MTV has given the go-ahead to a slew of new series, including the MTV U.K. import "Bad Dads, Phat Mums," reality search competition "The Reality Show" and new dating show "Parental Control."

In addition, the cable network said Friday that it has given additional-season pickups to celebrity prank show "Punk'd," auto-centric series "Pimp My Ride," reality show "Meet the Barkers" and dating show "Next," which all are set to return in the fall.

The new series, all of which will also debut in the fall, are:

- "The Reality Show," a competition series looking for the next MTV reality star featuring viewers who think their life is interesting enough to make it on TV. Andy Dick and other comedians will make regular appearances.

- "Bad Dads, Phat Mums" (working U.S. title), which marks the first MTV UK-developed series format that MTV US has picked up. The show will feature two fans competing to re-create shot-for-shot a music video from their favorite artist; the catch is that the stars of the productions must be the fan's mother and father.

- "Parental Control," a daily show in which parents fed up with their kids' current love interest get to choose new dates for their offspring, who must decide which person to keep dating.

MTV also released its first official announcement Friday that it has greenlighted the improv comedy project "Nick Cannon Presents Wild'N Out," which is set to premiere at 10 p.m. July 21.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

06/12/05 18:02 ET
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=20050612180609990015&cid=461

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: MTV adds 3 reality series to fall lineup
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 08:41:42 PM »
Let me breathe a sigh of relief as my revolutionary reality TV show idea is still safe.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."