Author Topic: INXS Rockstar  (Read 10696 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
INXS Rockstar
« on: May 16, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »

Media update: 23 January 2005

(Sydney, January 23, 2005) One of the world's most successful and influential television producers, Mark Burnett, today announced that Sydney's Enmore Theatre will host the Australian auditions for his new television series, INXS Rock Star. The open call audition will be held on Saturday, 5 March from 8am - 4pm.
"We have launched an ambitious worldwide search to find a talented and charismatic man or woman to be the next great rock star. This extraordinary performer wins the ultimate prize - the chance to be the lead singer of world-class rock band INXS," said executive producer Mark Burnett.

"At the heart of this show is a passion for rock music. Australia has long been a vibrant hub of rock 'n' roll and great musical talent and, of course, it's the home of INXS; weÕre hoping we'll find the best singers and musicians the country has to offer.Ó

This week Mark Burnett Productions (MBP) kicked off its international search for the next great rock star - male or female - who will become the lead singer of Australian rock band, INXS. The winner will go on to record its new album and embark on a world tour. The series will premiere in the United States on CBS in July 2005. Negotiations are currently underway with several television broadcasters in Australia.

More than 20 cities worldwide across six continents will host auditions. They include: London and Liverpool, (United Kingdom), Toronto (Canada), New York and Los Angeles (US), Auckland (New Zealand) and Sydney (Australia).

In Australia, auditions will be held at The Enmore Theatre (130 Enmore Road, Newtown, Sydney) on Saturday, 5 March, from 8am to 4pm. Call backs will be held Monday, March 7.

Successful applicants will travel to Hollywood in May 2005 for the final round of casting.

Detailed information and application forms for those wishing to audition are available at inxsrockstar.com. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and perform up to three songs (it is not required to perform an INXS song). Performances of original songs are encouraged, although not required. Applicants can perform with one musical instrument or an accompanist.

The show is based in Los Angeles and currently in pre-production with the host and other details to be revealed early 2005.

23 January 2005  11 January 2005  28 November 2004  6 September 2004  24 June 2004  14 June 2004

Media update: 11 January 2005

One of the world's most successful and influential television producers, British-born Mark Burnett, today announced that London and Liverpool will host auditions for his epic new TV series as part of a global search to find the next great rock star.
This January, Mark Burnett Productions (MBP), based in Los Angeles, begins its international search for the next rock 'n' roll sensation - male or female - who will become the lead singer of the world-famous rock band, INXS. The winner will go on to record its new album and embark on a world tour.

"We have launched an ambitious worldwide search to find a talented and charismatic man or woman to be the next great rock star. This extraordinary performer wins the ultimate prize - the chance to be the lead singer of world-class rock band INXS," said executive producer Mark Burnett.

"At the heart of this show is a passion for rock music. The UK has long been a vibrant hub of rock 'n' roll and great musical talent; we're hoping we'll find the best singers and musicians the country has to offer."

The series will screen in the United States on CBS in July 2005. Negotiations are currently underway with several television broadcasters in the United Kingdom.

MBP announced that more than 20 cities worldwide across six continents will host auditions. They include: London and Liverpool, (United Kingdom), Toronto (Canada), New York and Los Angeles (US), Auckland (New Zealand) and Sydney (Australia).

In the UK, auditions will be held in London on February 8 and 9 at the Shepherd's Bush Empire and at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) on February 10. Call backs will be held in London on February 11, with successful applicants travelling to Hollywood in May 2005 for the final round of casting.

Detailed information and application forms for those wishing to audition are available at www.inxsrockstar.com. Applicants must be at least 21 years old and perform up to three songs (it is not required to perform an INXS song). Performances of original songs are encouraged, although not required. Applicants can perform with one musical instrument or an accompanist.

The show is based in Los Angeles and currently in pre-production with the host and other details to be revealed early 2005.

23 January 2005  11 January 2005  28 November 2004  6 September 2004  24 June 2004  14 June 2004

http://www.inxsrockstar.com/

Offline BillLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: INXS Rockstar
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 11:14:51 AM »
Puddin, speaking of auditions.  I went to two auditions and went over very well.  I've been watching the show and me and all the people I know think that the contestants are not very good.  The Black guy is pretty good but he is not right for INXS just because of his sound - not his color!  We also think that my demo smokes all these guys so much it's disgusting.  Go to nelsonstarr.com and if you don't agree, I'll send you a bottle of booze!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:27:12 PM »
OMG !! I checked it out and you are awesome BillLee  |#'  I'm not lying  =]/ ( do i still get the bottle for being honest ?  8-)'  )

Offline BillLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:17:43 PM »
OMG !! I checked it out and you are awesome BillLee  |#'  I'm not lying  =]/ ( do i still get the bottle for being honest ?  8-)'  )

So puddin, are you affiliated with the show or what?  You must be!  I'll buy you a CASE of Krug Champagne if you get me to be the one dude who is thrown into the mix unfairly at the last minute to screw up everyone else - you know how they do that on so many of the reality shows (like average Joe where, all of a sudden, these hunks get brought into the mix and the Joes are totally in the dark that it is going to happen).  Look, the Rockstar show is already kinda played and predictable at this point   The format is is very repetitive.  Let's throw me into the mix for some added drama.  I will kill these talentless fools so quick they'll be crying to mommy.  They can't even sing in tune!  Look you heard the demo - NO autopitch correction was used - and I am decent looking (see photos at sight).  It's not too late to make this show a hit!

If you don't work for the show, I apologize!  Just let as many of your buddies know that my INXS demo is out there and that it does smoke those beefy out-of-tune hunks on the show!

"BillLee"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 03:32:40 PM »
Uh no , sorry Nelson ..  (%# I have no ties with any shows .
You know I think that you are very talented and as well as good looking , the total package  =]/
 You have already made a name for yourself and do not need that soso show , I hope that you get the exposure that your looking for . Vegas perhaps ??

Offline BillLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 08:15:23 AM »
Uh no , sorry Nelson ..  (%# I have no ties with any shows .
You know I think that you are very talented and as well as good looking , the total package  =]/
 You have already made a name for yourself and do not need that soso show , I hope that you get the exposure that your looking for . Vegas perhaps ??

OK Puddin, I had you wrong!  You just like to watch the shows not produce them.  Then do this for me - if you were so inclined - please pass the word around (to as many people as you feel good about passing it to) that they should check out my REJECTED audition MP3 for INXS/Rockstar (remember: nelsonstarr.com).  It is my little "revenge thing" since I got screwed out of competing at a higher level.  My dream is that somehow the producers of the show find out about it (that it's good, generating buzz and that it's at least better than those, oh-so-average (yet hunky), out-of-pitch amateurs on the show) and either get just pissed off or, better yet, pull some stunt by throwing this nobody (me) into the mix.  ...a total stoner idea but...help me and you get the booze!  PS-thanks for saying I'm good looking!

Offline s_terrez

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 01:08:30 AM »
is anyone watching the show right now?? JD blew the song! i knew he would... Mig & Jordis are my fav and they rocked!!! i love wtaching this show! what did u guys think?!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 09:30:01 AM »
Okay i watched this last night!  Do tno know all the names.....the guy that was suppose to be so good with and sung we are the champions was sooooo off.....that was awful.  The last guy that song was great...and the black guy Ty I think was good.

A couple of them were off and some I was like what??  Others were good but seemed nervous or holding back.

Offline BillLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 09:54:17 AM »
I'm sorry to say but, I think they all suck except for Ty (as far as being professional and qualified for INXS - a band that had and needs a top notch singer).  I mean, how are these unprofessionals going to sing INXS's back catalog which, undoubtedly, they will have to do for a tour???  They won't be able to cut it at all.  They sing so flat, can't hit the high notes, are stylistically miles away from Michael Hutchence (I mean, they don't need to sound exactly like him but they should be in the same ballpark as far as style, don't ya think?) that this is a musical fiasco.  I admit to being biased because I can destroy these people as a singer so easily that it's not funny (my actual INXS rockstar audition submission is available for free listening at:  nelsonstarr.com - please check it out and decide for yourself).  But that isn't the point.  Whoever chose these nincompoops should be shot.  They obviously chose with their eyes not their ears.  Music, after all, is primarily about whether you can play or sing AND then, secondly, about entertaining and looking good.  The men are decent looking and totally acceptable on that account (not sure if I could say that about the very average looking women on the show) but singing is, like, a prerequisite not a frigging option.  If you are a C plus singer, you don't qualify no matter how great you look and how cool you are on stage!  Duhhhh!  It's that simple.  This is like kindergarden for amateur musician time.  It makes sense on American Idol.  American Idol is ALL ABOUT giving amateurs the chance to compete and improve.  They people should already BE THERE!  They should simply be weeding them out over time.  But this shouldn't be the "singing for dummies" class that it is!  Shame on INXS for just plain bad taste, bad ears and bad judgment.  I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade.  I enjoy the show as much as it infuriates me sometimes.  It's just...this is serious business for anyone who cares about this band and music itself like I do!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 10:01:02 AM »
Funny my Hubby said the same when some were singing...voice okay but no curizama (you all knwo I can not spell).  I agree some seem too nervous to be up there, how are they going to sing to a big crowded areana.  Also one of the ladies had a good voice but could barely hear her over the band at the beginning.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 01:23:30 PM »
I watched this the other night and TY was booted.  This is the one at the beginning of the show many thought woudl win the whole thing

Offline BillLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 04:03:46 PM »
Ty being kicked off is the ultimate proof that something is wrong in INXS land.  He was the only one who is approximately right for INXS (I really do suspect racism with this "bottom 3" nonsense).  Suzy (spelling?) is also a good singer and I had not relized that until later - bravo (and Jordis has seemed to get worse??).  However, her style is not that appropriate for INXS in my opinion.  I wish her luck anyway.  Marty is a great fit for INXS except for one small issue:  he is a pretty poor singer especially technically (='s being flat, out of pitch and out of control).  Were it not for this rather huge issue, he would be a good fit.  JD...what is there to say other than...for him to be there and Ty not to is just incomprehensible to me.  His style is so post-Creed, it's not funny.  Yuck!  He is so green and inappropriate I can't fathom why he was not voted off a LONG time ago.  Even his stage persona is bizarro and so NOT INXS.  I really feel like I am in an alternate universe when it comes to trying to understand the thought process of INXS and Dave N. at this point.  ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline bethrocksguitar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 10:22:08 PM »
Now it's down to the bottom three! My favorites are Marty and JD. I was curious to see if they would ever choose a girl to front the band. I guess I learned last night that would be a no....

Offline MisBish

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 08:51:10 PM »
JD MUST WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »
 =]/JD Won

Wish Mig Had tho,  Mig rocked.

Loved both Marty and JD's Songs tho i woulf so buy both their singles.  (Pretty Vegas and Trees)
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 12:31:07 PM »
I knew JD had won when I saw the 2 different songs choices.  They picked on that Marty would do well on.....but did an upbeat one for JD.  Too bad JD was so smug most of the competition.

But JD did sound good when he was singing with them

Offline Pugzilla

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 04:03:26 PM »
One of the radio stations here played "the new INXS song"....it was J.D.'s song "Pretty Vegas". I didn't like it when JD sang it on the show (ad nauseum, IMO) and I didn't like it any better on the radio with INXS.

I still think they should have picked Marty, but I have a feeling he is going on to greater things without INXS anyway.

Still, I hope the band does well, because it was such a good show, I'd like to see it continue.