Author Topic: Survivor 11 Guatamala!  (Read 32287 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor 11 Guatamala!
« on: May 15, 2005, 10:00:56 PM »
JP--brand new batch of newbies, going to

jungle,

hidden deep of the rainforest at the ruins of an ancient civ that prospered and vanished--Guatemala

The standing buildings of the past--Maya harnessed created a mystical union of nature, people, and the gods, fierce battles, human sacrifice.

18 marooned--for the first time, the people will live in the ruins of a vanished civilization and embrace teh ancient mayan lifestyle

Survivor:Guatemala, the Mayan Empire.

photo thanks to Wezzie
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 11:18:02 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor 11 Guatamala!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 11:14:52 PM »
YAXHA And The SHOOTING OF SURVIVOR

The department of the Petén, to the north of Guatemala, is famous by its extensive forests, which conjugate in unique and mysterious form a great wealth of ecological and archaeological values. The combination of colors, sounds, landscapes, history and archaeology is unique in the world.

In order to protect and to handle this treasure sustainable, in 1990 it is created the Reserve of the Mayan Biosphere, the area protected greater of Mesoamérica and in the middle of which the Natural Monument Yaxhá-Nakúm-Naranjo is located, with a diversity of flora, fauna, humedales and archaeological sites until now little explored.
The lagoon of Yaxhá, with its turquesa color, is the more important water body within the Natural Monument and is divided of the lagoon of Sacnab by a filling of 4 km Along with these lagoons, the Natural Monument Yaxhá, includes rivers that the watered down area like the Ixtinto and the Holmul, humedales feed and, propitious zones for the reproduction of several species of plants and animals >.
(descripcio'n of the Web site of Yaxha ')
The archaeological wealth, combined with a medio.ambiente riquísimo in flora and tropical fauna, makes of Yaxhá a unique place in all the planet. But in addition to only in the world, it is the representation nearest the ideal which we have the humans in our present of the ecological paradise, at the moment extremely attractive for world-wide the tourist movements.

The shooting of program SURVIVOR Guatemala, to be made in Yaxhá, during several weeks and the transmission during several months of the series, as well as the creation of a Web site on the same one, which will even remain after to have finished the series of television, will give to Guatemala an enormous advertising exhibition him in all the planet, and coverall in a hearing target, of people that interests the medio.ambiente, the ecology, the fauna, the flora, the adventure and archaeology to them, present elements in this wonderful national park of Guatemala.
The value of this diffusion is incalculable for a country that has centered its strategy of growth, partly in the development of the ecoturismo, the archaeological tourism and the tourism of adventure. The advantages of this shooting are than evident more and the convenience for the country is without doubt, enormous.
Certain ideological groups were against to the accomplishment of the shooting of the series, adducing a damage to the medioambiente, which is sincerely ridiculous. We considered that sixty people who comprise of the shooting, could not make no damage excellent, to a space that was occupied by thousands of inhabitants during its golden age, in the century sixth of ours was. This minimum amount of people cannot either be compared with the million visitors who go to pyramids of Chichen Itzá or Teotihuacán in Mexico or those of Gizah, in Egypt every year. It must have rules, of course, but be against to the accomplishment of this shooting of this nature, had failed to take advantage of an opportunity of incalculable benefits for the Central American country, every time it locates it in the world before the eyes of potential visitors like a natural paradise.
It is necessary to indicate that the protected area of Petén, department where is Yaxhá, is in extension, than all the territory of Costa Rica greater, is in fact the most extensive forest of the North hemisphere, because other selváticas zones are in the south of the planet, the Amazon or Southeast Asia. In addition, one is a low earth forest, very different from the reserves of Costa Rica that are in rainy mountainous zones, reason why the type of fauna and flora is only and different. One calculates that a great percentage of the biodiversity of the planet is in this zone.
YAXHA And The SHOOTING OF SURVIVOR - PART II

BY: Jorge Carpio Arrivillaga

The greater wealth of the region constitutes the fact to count with a twenty of ruins of Mayan cities between which they emphasize: Black Tikal, Uaxactún, Stones, Seibal, the Viewpoint, Naranjo, Altar of Sacrifices and YAXHA. Many of these Mayan cities not yet have been studied by archaeologists, reason why they keep buried secret from a mysterious and millenarian history, as well as important archaeological rest, works of art, vasijas, tombs etc.
Luckyly, the movements against the accomplishment of SURVIVOR Guatemala were not successful. Nevertheless, it is possible to become the following reflection: Guatemala must worry to obtain consensus at least in the most evident subjects for its development, among them the tourism. All the groups, concerning their ideology do not have to agree at least in the basic thing. It is necessary to be well clear in indicating that the tourist activity is a true generator of wealth and at the same time it allows a great distribution of the same one between great social sectors. From the tourism they benefit, not only the companies traditionally considered tourist, like hotels, restaurants, stores, air lines, terrestrial transportation, crafts. Even the product consumption in general, increases, when being increased in general the consumption. The Talvez, most important, is than the tourism benefits the communities from the rear area, near the attraction centers. In the case of the Petén, to a territory that has been forgotten by its distance by many governments in the past or the western plateau of Guatemala where they inhabit the indigenous communities. This benefit repels in the standard of life of all the inhabitants of these zones blessed by its beauty, its nature and its enormous etnológica, archaeological and historical wealth. He is something that Guatemala has and nobody more.

article link thanks to Ulti @ Sucks

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://monedagt.terra.com/moneda/noticias/mnd21337.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522Survivor:%2BGuatemala%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 01:04:20 PM »
Thanks To SurvivorFever

VoiceOver by Jeff Probst

Hidden deep in the rainforest of Central America, stand the ruins of an ancient civilization that once prospered and then vanished.  These were the Maya people and this is the country of Guatemala.  These stunning cities of the past stand as clues to a mystery thousands of years old.

While Europe was in the dark ages, it was the Maya who harnessed the knowledge of the stars and the celestial movements to create a mystical union of man, nature and the Gods. It was a world of great kings, elaborate ceremonies, fierce battles and even human sacrifice.   

18 Survivors will be marooned within this mysterious and rugged terrain.  For the first time, the castaways will actually live within the ruins of a vanished civilization and they will be forced to embrace the ancient Maya lifestyle.  Join us this fall as the adventure continues with Survivor: Guatemala, The Maya Empire .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 03:09:11 PM »
Click Thumbnail Twice
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 03:13:04 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:54:09 AM »
I am *so* looking forward to the human sacrifice challenges!  (where's that devil emoticon? :) )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 01:58:27 PM »
 () Hows that Richard  /{} ? Oh I cant wait either , I;ve been studying up on Guatemala and will put some fun facts & history together soon  . 

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21:05 PM »
() Hows that Richard  /{} ? Oh I cant wait either , I;ve been studying up on Guatemala and will put some fun facts & history together soon  . 
nice, very nice. who says that reality tv and related internet sites aren't educational?  ]][
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 02:32:12 PM »
Well its not as much fun as searching TAR but it will pass some time away  {l{
Click Here For RealVideo!
                             * El Castillo at Equinox
                             * Equinox Observatory Alignment
                             * Palenque, Magic in the Jungle
                             * Uxmal:  The Faces of Chac

Tons of stuff here~
ancient mayan links

My favorite , I happened to catch this on the Travel Channel last week! I'm hoping its the Idol or worked into the theme in someway  !!
Crystal Skulls.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 02:41:10 PM »
Yaxha

Yaxha

Our favorite site: A lake surrounded by tropical forest of the Mayan biosphere with many animal species, some endangered. An archaelogical site of an exceptional value, the only one that allows to see the organization of a Mayan urban area with an estimated population of 40,000 resident.
A very decent lodge to spend the night. A breathtaking sunset from the top of the pyramid 2-16, with parrots, tucans, howler monkeys and "spider" monkey who seem to observe the visitors. A night excursion on the lake to watch the crocodiles, your guide might catch some little ones to show you.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »

On this page we cover the Jaguar Inn at Tikal. Elsewhere we will be describing the Jaguar Inn of Santa Elena (Flores area). The Jungle Lodge is covered extensively elsewhere in the FLAAR network of sites on Maya archaeology

El Sombrero, hotel at Maya ruins of Yaxha (Lake Yaxha), Peten ...Only one hotel is available at Yaxha. This hotel is operated by the wife of the owner of the ranch along the south side of Yaxha, the side that did not become part of the National Park (which protects the north side of Yaxha and most of adjacent Lake Sacnab).

The El Sombrero is pleasant. It has cabins backed by the forest. A kitchen and restaurant is available and is increasingly popular now that the highway is paved from Flores to the turnoff to Yaxha (the 11 miles into Yaxha are unpaved but transitable most of the year).

You can camp here as well (or camp in the facilities on the other side of the lake, below the ruins).

Nearby are the ruins of Yaxha and Topoxte Island. In the dry season you can reach Nakum by road (or ride a horse when the jeep trail is too swampy even for 4-wheel drive).

If you need a driver to get you to Lake Yaxha, telephone Edil Calderon.

e-mail sombrero@guate.net, owner Gabriella Moretti, fax (502) 926-5228, telefax (502) 926-5528 , tel (502) 926-5229. 502 is the area code for all of Guatemala

Cabins ~Introduction to the Posada Caribe, a short boat ride from Sayaxche, Peten, Guatemala. The Posada Caribe offers cabins alongside the Arroyo Petex Batun, en route to the Maya ruins of Aguateca and Dos Pilas.

Escape the noise and garbage of a town and instead spend a pleasant night in the rain forest.

Owner is Julian Mariona, Viajes Turisticos La Montana (should be a tilda over the last n), Sayaxche, Peten. This travel agency is in the La Montana Restaurant, on the main street, near the ferry which crosses the Rio de la Pasion.

Tel 928 6168, 928 6169, fax also available (this listing will be updated shortly).

We will be posting pictures of the Hotel Ecologico Posada Caribe on additional pages shortly.

I have known Sr Mariona for several decades, have stayed in his hotel several times, and can recommend it if you wish cabin-style accomodations out in a peaceful setting directly overlooking the river.

This hotel is about an hour by boat from Sayaxche, a few minutes from the landing for Dos Pilas (from the landing it is a 3-hour walk in to the ruins). The hotel is about an hour from the landing for Aguateca (a 15 minute climb up the steep hill).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 10:20:09 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 01:52:33 AM »

Jefferios Survivor Guatemala Preview

You need to save it and have Realone Player to view it

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 08:40:45 AM »
Thanks!  ()

I love Mayan and Aztec history.   Is it the Mayan calendar that predicts the world will end in 2012? 

I'm sure the Internet can answer that...and here's one that does
http://www.experiencefestival.com/mayan_calendar_2012

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 11:14:12 PM »
Scary  Richard `/~  ()

some pictures

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 02:28:50 AM »
Any one know when this season beggins? next month maybe??? (*(
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 03:48:56 AM »
|* Hey Cecil, At the end of S10 Finale,  I'm purdy sure Jeff said it starts in Sept.
 Here's the article for the CBS Fall Lineup:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,5752.new/boardseen.html#new
 :] I read somewhere (maybe survivornews.net?) that the s11-Guatamala filming begins in June. 
Btw, I like Steph too! Wish she could've won. _)^   But, I'm glad Tom won  }^! |#'  instead of Katie!!  ,.( )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »
Your right Rudy , also Snewsers confirmator will not be up untill the show starts filming ..some people already have potential contestants but were warned not to post any names as they can be pulled from the cast by EPM before they even get a chance to go to Gutemala ..that would totally suck if someone ruined their chances not to mention the 4 million dollar contract that they signed .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2005, 04:55:29 AM »
|* Hey Cecil, At the end of S10 Finale,  I'm purdy sure Jeff said it starts in Sept.
 Here's the article for the CBS Fall Lineup:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,5752.new/boardseen.html#new
 :] I read somewhere (maybe survivornews.net?) that the s11-Guatamala filming begins in June. 
Btw, I like Steph too! Wish she could've won. _)^   But, I'm glad Tom won  }^! |#'  instead of Katie!!  ,.( )

thanks for the infor bro,  I've sent CBS an email about an All Stars 2.  I explained to them about how high the ratings would be with Steph getting a second chance.  Her popularity surpassed ruperts for gods sake.  I can only hope they talk to burnett about it.

Riverrat

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2005, 10:18:50 PM »
Steph and Bobby Jon. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »
You know what I think would be the best? An All-Stars with 20 contestants, picked by the people. Post all of the original casts on CBS.com and let the public vote. the first team would be the first 5 seasons' highest vote getters and the other team would be the second 5 (excluding the original All-stars season there were 10 other seasons). Or, have us vote for our favorite 2 from each season, excluding all winners, including Rupert, though I love him. Actually, to be fair, exclude all of the season 10 all-stars, they've already had 2 chances. Then draw names out of a hat. Call it SURVIVOR:People's Choice. Let us vote on our favorite challenges and rewards. Make it Season 12. After all, there may only be 2 more seasons. What good is Survivor without Jeffy, (bad haircut and all)?

What do y'all think? I eagerly await your opinions! *%# *%# *%#

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »
 (*(THAT IS THE MOST AWSOME IDEA EVER.

But I don't think all the people picked would came back.  plus if theres gunna be an all stars 2 I hope Johnny Fairplay gets to be on it and no1 other than me would ever vote for him.

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 10:57:45 PM »
I think that you are wrong about JFP, he certainly was an interesting character, but Probst probably wouldn't let him on. I don't think that any of the other Survivors like him much. As for the people coming backl, if you had a second chance at a million, you'd take it. Most of them would.  And if one of the top two for the season didn't want to, you can always got to #3!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 11:06:06 PM »
irelen  :<(

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:22 PM »
I think that you are wrong about JFP, he certainly was an interesting character, but Probst probably wouldn't let him on. I don't think that any of the other Survivors like him much. As for the people coming backl, if you had a second chance at a million, you'd take it. Most of them would.  And if one of the top two for the season didn't want to, you can always got to #3!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 12:12:39 AM »
Dreaded Double Post irelen  ((^