Author Topic: Treasure Hunters Premeires June 16th on NBC  (Read 34221 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Treasure Hunters Premeires June 16th on NBC
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »
So is this suppose to be like TAR but in the US?

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
i'm so glad i wandered by. this looks like fun and i can see from the spoiler thread that the detectives are hard at work again.

:jumpy:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 02:49:07 PM »
Saw the first video commercial on NBC Thursday night.  Looks a lot like you know what!  In the fast montage it looks like teams will be going to at least London and Paris; the alps; looks like a glacier in Alaska or Norway.

Also looks like a throwback to the first ep of TAR where you really had to follow clues to find out where you had to go next.

One clue I picked up said: "Go to the Wentworth House in Strawbery Banke, and find what the minutemen left."[b/]

That would take the teams to the Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.  The home of Joshua Wentworth who was an active supporter of the colonials in the revolution from Great Britain was moved there in the mid 1970's. So one of the original Minutemen may have left his musket in the care of Joshua sometime after 1775.

Another handwriten clue seems to talk about North Dakota at the point that the Missouri River comes out of the mountains.  And at this point is a rock which is 400 feet high.  We have seen a shot of what looks like the replica of an original wilderness fort which might be the location the teams have to find.

Looks like this series may have some possiblities for fun in trying to find and decipher clues before the teams do.

Looking forward to more promos.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2006, 03:03:08 AM »
Oh, great.  Now I can be a couch potato all summer, too!!!  :giggle:
  Yeh, me too Swanee.  I'll give it a try, but if it conflicts w/ the new season of The Closer...That's what I'll watch!   :waves:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 03:10:58 AM »
Oh wait, I think The Closer is on Mondays...so no conflict.  However, a repeat of 24 is on Fridays.  I don't plan to watch 24 tho since I taped the whole season.  TH...here I come!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 09:22:44 PM »
I can't wait for this to start.  Will be interested to see the tie into The DaVinci Code as they are pumping up that angle in the promos.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
Something is FISHY (on ICE!)
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »
 (:;) HOLD IT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT!

Episode 2 of Treasure Hunters airs June 19, right?

Take a look at this from NHL.com:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:53:33 AM by PsychoJason »

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 09:40:28 PM »
I guess we all know NBC is NOT praying for a game 7.  They have done nothing to promote hockey all year and they might just pay someone off to make sure they don't have to reschedule the premire.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 09:58:28 PM »
I guess we all know NBC is NOT praying for a game 7.  They have done nothing to promote hockey all year and they might just pay someone off to make sure they don't have to reschedule the premire.

And I am guessing CBC IS praying for a game 7, since that seems to be their only source of revenue. And they have been promoting the hell out of it!

Let's hope NBC paid off the Oilers to win...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 10:28:58 PM »
I didn't even know Hockey was on primetime tv ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 11:08:17 PM »
just for stanley cup finals puddin

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 11:24:36 PM »
I didn't even know Hockey was on primetime tv ?

That's CBC's and TSN's regular primetime schedule! I'm sure OLN has been doing primetime hockey for a while now...

http://geocities.com/psychojason32/hnic.mp3
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:35:46 PM by PsychoJason »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »
One clue I picked up said: "Go to the Wentworth House in Strawbery Banke, and find what the minutemen left."
Hey, I live very close to Strawbery Banke!  I don't remember reading anything about a  reality tv series filming around town.  Does anyone know when the series was filmed?  I wonder if hours of operation bunching will be a part of this "race?"

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 05:47:36 AM »
IIRC games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals are on OLN.  The rest are on NBC.  That would include a potential game 7.  I guess NBC is willing to take a chance that there will not be a game 7 and if there is they will have to delay the first episode.  It's not like they don't have plenty of open slots they could run the show in instead of a rerun.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 08:47:47 PM »
Monday, June 5, 2006
TEN TEAMS SEEK A HIDDEN TREASURE AS THEIR QUEST BEGINS THIS SUMMER IN NBC'S "TREASURE HUNTERS"
Released by NBC

TEN TEAMS SEEK A HIDDEN TREASURE AS THEIR QUEST BEGINS THIS SUMMER IN NBC'S "TREASURE HUNTERS"

BURBANK June 5, 2005 From the producers of "The Da Vinci Code" and "Last Comic Standing" comes NBC's "Treasure Hunters," a fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure. The teams must avoid elimination as they travel to historically significant locations around the globe where they decipher cryptic codes and puzzles, each with a clue leading them closer to solving the ultimate puzzle, and obtaining the coveted grand prize.

The adventure series kicks off with a special 2-hour premiere episode on Sunday, June 18 (8-10 p.m. ET), and then moves to its regular Monday timeslot (9-10 p.m. ET), beginning on Monday, June 19.

The teams are:

AIR FORCE
Matt Rillos, 28, Highlands Ranch, CO
Brooke Rillos, 28, Highlands Ranch, CO
Matt Zitzlsperger, 28, Plymouth, MN

BROWN FAMILY
Tonny Brown, 38, Garland, TX
Keith Brown, 43, Corvalis, OR
Terrance Brown, 40, Fort Worth, TX

EX-CIA
Jacob Porter, 34, McLean, VA
Mark West, 36, Pensacola, FL
Todd Moore, 32, Sterling, VA

FOGAL FAMILY
Brad Fogal, 48, Orange County, CA
Margie Fogal, 47, Orange County, CA
Kayte Fogal, 25, San Clemente, CA

GENIUSES
Charles Taylor, 22, Dallas, TX
Francis Goldshmid, 20, Dallas, TX
Sam Khurana, 21, Dallas, TX

GRAD STUDENTS
Jessica Schilling, 27, San Diego, CA
Melissa Schilling, 27, San Diego, CA
Kathleen Krapfl, 26, San Diego, CA

MISS USA
Melissa Witek, 25, Cocoa Beach, FL (Miss USA Florida 2005)
Kaitlyn Christopher, 20, Indianapolis, IN (Miss USA Indiana 2005)
Kristen Johnson, 24, Evanston, IL (Miss USA Kentucky 2005)

SOUTHIE BOYS
Matthew Mullen, 37, Los Angeles, CA
Martin Mullen, 37, Los Angeles, CA
John Collins, 33, Boston, MA

YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
Taryn Brown, 28, New York, NY
Drew Brown, 26, Boston, MA
Chandra Lewis, 26, Edgewater, NJ

WILD HANLONS
Josh Hanlon, 19, Copperas Cove, TX
Patrick Hanlon, 39, Copperas Cove, TX
Ben Hanlon, 50, Lampasas, TX

Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts the series, which is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio in association with Magical Elves Productions, Imagine Television and Madison Road Entertainment. Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway," NBC's "Last Comic Standing") of Magical Elves Productions, along with Imagine Television's Brian Grazer ("The DaVinci Code") and David Nevins ("Arrested Development," "24"), and Tom Mazza, Danica Krislovich and Jak Severson of Madison Road Entertainment, serve as executive producers.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »
Ummm, obviously a young one's game: 25 of the 30 "racers" are under the age of 40!! And the one oldest player is only 50!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2006, 11:10:55 PM »
Your right Gman , no Fran & Barry's or Meredith & Gretchens   :(

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 08:21:23 AM »
I wish there was a better mix of ages represented but I am sure that won't stop me from watching it.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 02:27:43 AM »
Well, I think it's a good, yet unfortunate, bet that Treasure Hunters will air on Monday. It's slim-to-nil that the series will go to game 7 at this point.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
funny that my local paper had this show listed to start last night. rats. guess i'm waiting with everyone else. i did finally see an add promoting for sunday here on global tv.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »
Honestly it seems that way too many people are trying to cash in on this Di Vinci thing!!!!  Is the movie worth seeing?? I really enjoyed National Treasure....
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 09:44:08 AM »
Bad news from The Washington Post today.  Tom Shales, a very respected TV critic, pans the bejeesus out of "Treasure Hunters" premiering tomorrow on NBC:

"NBC's Treasure Hunters map leads straight to Dullesville." And "You can't hide the fact that Treasure is Junk.

Contestants are outfitted with three necessities: a cellphone, a laptop, and a Visa Card.  More product placements?  "At least viewers are armed with a necessity of their own: the marvelous, wonderful channel-changer with which they can effortlessly transport themselves to a location preferable to Treasure Hunters - specifically, any channel not airing it."

"It's hard to respond at all to Treasure Hunters except perhaps to have your pulse quickened a bit - not by the herky-jerky photography, or raggy-taggy editing, but by the beat-beat-beat of the thundering din on the soundtrack, a musical score that could easily replace the fingernail remover as one of the world's great torture devices."

"After absurdly quick visits to an Alaskan glacier, Lake George, wherever, the entire ensemble meets at the State Capitol Building in Lincoln, Neb.  Godd gosha mighty, couldn't they all jjst have gone straight there in the first place?"

Finally,

"Treasure Hunters is likely to be a fiasco, and a horrendous one, but on a scale better described at teensy or weensy"

Doesn't sound good for the success of TH in this area, at least. Audiences do follow Mr. Shales' critiques.

Link for the entire article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/16/AR2006061602024.html?sub=AR

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 11:46:03 AM »
Another pan (but not as caustic) from the NY Times. Some stuff about TJ:
In tomorrow's episode, an image of a Jeffersonian cane appears in an explanatory video. We learn that the cane, which the contestants will find, secretes a key, and parts of the cane combine to form a gadget that can open a box.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2006, 01:11:43 PM »
I will at least give it a shot.  It's like Ebert and Roper, if they hate it chances are I will probally like it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2006, 01:21:13 PM »
I read the bad reviews but don't care what the critics say ! I'm going to watch no matter what !!  :jam: